Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

HCO Plumer GCB GCM posted:

And the original, Le Clown Medrano by Toulouse Lautrec, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for this. Spent half an hour looking for that last night.

Fluo posted:

Stephen Collins! :siren:

In more Stephen Collins news:

@stephen_collins posted:

I did Nigel Farage for this week's @spectator. He's a gift really. Great headline too pic.twitter.com/6xt5SvHOHH

@stephen_collins posted:

Ugh, political cartooning... you try to draw them looking like a bellend and this is how they react: pic.twitter.com/ALLKjBYTqv

Also, if anyone's near London on Friday, there's a book launch party for his new book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I didn't see the detonator to start with and thought he was passing explosive wind. I think that's an even more apt metaphor.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

big scary monsters posted:

I didn't see the detonator to start with and thought he was passing explosive wind. I think that's an even more apt metaphor.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, it's almost lost some of its charm now.

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010
Looks to me like he hasn't pushed down the plunger yet

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
That's treason, Jonny Nigel!

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Jedit posted:

None of those Camerons are paste jobs. The cartoonist just has a very simple style that is easy for him to reproduce.

Not exactly, it was more that every scene involved Cameron on the right with the back of Hague's head on the left, over and over and over

Now the signs, on the other hand

:pcgaming: :pcgaming:

(I actually thought 'this will take 5 minutes' until I realised just how many of these he's done. My computer was straining under the number of screengrabs and website thumbnails, I had to give up - so that's not even all of them)

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
My God, what have you done? Stop, before it--

:geno: I love the Royal Family. :geno: I hate anything foreign. :geno: Vote Conservative. :geno:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Cloud Potato posted:

Independent on Sunday:

Alternately, Dave, you could make the whole nation happy and move just a bit to the left.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Jedit posted:

Alternately, Dave, you could make the whole nation happy and move just a bit to the left.

Preferably entirely off the road. Two birds one stone.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Grdn:

Tlgrph:

Xprss:

:monocle:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

More Royal loving family, Express?

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

:stonk: What is the Queen doing to him?

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.
Tisk, he's not even trying to hide the bird these days... :rolleyes:

Clapham Omnibus
Nov 11, 2006

Is that a tweed jacket with a Rear Admiral's sleeve tack and shoulder boards on?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Weldon Pemberton posted:

:stonk: What is the Queen doing to him?
Taking him from behind with a strapon, by the looks of it.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

I first read that as 'the Duke Nigel Farage', ugh.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I wouldn't mind Thomas' Cameron so much if he bothered to put any form of emotion onto him other than "gormless" or "thousand yard stare"

Prurient Squid
Jul 21, 2008

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
I had no idea how to interpret the Guardian picture of Farage. Then after going through the comments which consisted of miles of UKIPers lashing out against "smears" I found this:

nemossister posted:

Yes, it's a fabulous cartoon collage, and the only iconic image they don't want to have stick in the public mind is the one which says 'No, No, No'. And yet it's the one most apt for Nige who had being trying so desperately to get media attention in the last couple of years.....

"Look at me
Look at me
Look at me NOW
It's fun to have fun
But you have to know how"

The Cat in the Hat, Dr Seuss

Rowson is a genius. If a little abstruse.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

onoflalks posted:

I wouldn't mind Thomas' Cameron so much if he bothered to put any form of emotion onto him other than "gormless" or "thousand yard stare"

I disagree. I prefer my art with verisimilitude.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"John McCain has accused Barack Obama of writing his red lines over possible chemical weapons use in 'disappearing ink'"

Telegraph:

Queen's Speech, also Helen Mirren, in costume as the Queen, shouting at drummers outside the theatre she was performing in. I note that Farage has replaced Clegg?

Express:

hazza
Mar 25, 2005

I couldn't see him, therefore I knew he was there.

Jesus, how many yellow felt-tips did he use up on this one...

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I want to find the bird but this hurts to look at. Why has he drawn the queen living inside a circuit board?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Bird is in the circle directly above the queen's crown.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
drat, I was looking right at it. I blame the artist, I thought it was a disgruntled looking lion.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Please let tomorrows be a royal one again I love the royal ones.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Stephen Collins needs to gently caress off out of this thread, unless gym memberships and twee hipsterisms are political.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

John Major tripping balls

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Stephen Collins needs to gently caress off out of this thread, unless gym memberships and twee hipsterisms are political.

Some of his cartoons are quite political and everyone seems to enjoy them. Keep the Stephen Collins coming.

I know there is a really twee hipsterism going on in illustration at the moment and its really pissing a lot of us* off but he really isn't that bad, and there is a lot worse. At least he isn't just drawing comics full of cats and triangles.

*illustrators

Fluo
May 25, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Oh hey lets have a look.

Geokinesis posted:

A fresh new thread!

Have the Stephen Collins ones from the guardian that I posted in the other cartoon thread.
(He has a non political book out next year called 'The Gigantic Beard That Was Evil')

One about the Education secretary Michael Gove being terrible.

What the Queen wanted the Jubilee to be like.

On the conservatives branding 'Big Society'.

North Korea and folk music being the real threat. (Thumbnailed as for some reason it is massive.)

Also two that are less political:
Other people's children are hell.

Ask doctor Internet.

Why are you getting so mad at Stephen Collins, SedanChair? It's a quirky Saturday morning stable that brings a smile once a week in between the mass news of depression.

Fluo fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 7, 2013

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
He's not really a political cartoonist, is he? Not reliably. Maybe you could post the ones where he peripherally mentions something political and leave out the ones where he is having an existential conversation with a bird or something.

e:

quote:

Why are you getting so mad at Stephen Collins, SedanChair? It's a quirky Saturday morning stable that brings a smile once a week in between the mass news of depression.

If you had wanted to avoid depression, maybe you should have used your time in the bardo to negotiate being born somewhere other than the United Kingdom. Also I've seen enough criticism of perfectly well-drafted Corgis that I'd like to spread the criticism around a bit.

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 7, 2013

Fluo
May 25, 2007

SedanChair posted:

He's not really a political cartoonist, is he? Not reliably. Maybe you could post the ones where he peripherally mentions something political and leave out the ones where he is having an existential conversation with a bird or something.

e:

If you had wanted to avoid depression, maybe you should have used your time in the bardo to negotiate being born somewhere other than the United Kingdom. Also I've seen enough criticism of perfectly well-drafted Corgis that I'd like to spread the criticism around a bit.

Yes he is a political cartoonist, if you looked on the page before including a handful I just posted you would know this. He does an apolitical one once in awhile which is more cultural based one like King Richard III being found but why are you so angry about them? :shrug:

Cloud Potato posted:

Thanks for this. Spent half an hour looking for that last night.

In more Stephen Collins news:

Also, if anyone's near London on Friday, there's a book launch party for his new book.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
You mistake me, I'm not angry.

OK now I'm angry.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Comrades lets have a vote about whether or not Stephen Collins is an asset to the thread.

Or lets not because he objectively is, despite being a bit twee. I'm Stalin.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
If Collins is drummed out of the thread I'm going to start posting the Metro's most political cartoon, Nemi, in protest.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

big scary monsters posted:

If Collins is drummed out of the thread I'm going to start posting the Metro's most political cartoon, Nemi, in protest.

Please don't, use the one with the goat and the pig instead. I'd rather see the Express' shiters over loving Nemi

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

SedanChair posted:

You mistake me, I'm not angry.

OK now I'm angry.
Try expressing your anger by no longer posting. Stephen Collins is great, you grinch.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I honestly can't stand most of Collins' wordy hipster stuff. I'm amazed the thread is giving it the overwhelmingly positive reception its been getting.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cliff Racer posted:

I honestly can't stand most of Collins' wordy hipster stuff. I'm amazed the thread is giving it the overwhelmingly positive reception its been getting.

Your sense of humour is defective

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I'm amused that the two people bitching about Collins are American. Maybe they don't think it's political because it isn't smothered in labels and cross-hatching? :haw:

• Locked thread