Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
I am loving cursed

loving CURSED

white and greens out of every chest in UVHM.

I think it's because I called Gearbox a bunch of assholes after my skins and badass ranks were lost for the third time (the last time was after the patch to prevent this from happening)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008
I hosed up. Gave a loot dump to a friend, using all my characters, and his friend joined his game just as I dashboarded. It saved my empty inventory, loving everything is gone, and I didn't realize it until he'd gone to bed.

Anybody feel like duping any gear for my level 56 Assassin? I really would like my Slayer of Terramorphous class mod back.

EDIT: My xbox gamertag is Lydi Rae.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Seneschal posted:

I hosed up. Gave a loot dump to a friend, using all my characters, and his friend joined his game just as I dashboarded. It saved my empty inventory, loving everything is gone, and I didn't realize it until he'd gone to bed.

Anybody feel like duping any gear for my level 56 Assassin? I really would like my Slayer of Terramorphous class mod back.

EDIT: My xbox gamertag is Lydi Rae.

My commando's 56 too, and I've got a 'roid shield I can offer you in addition to some decent guns n' such. You're on around 10 pm west coast time, right?

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Father Wendigo posted:

My commando's 56 too, and I've got a 'roid shield I can offer you in addition to some decent guns n' such. You're on around 10 pm west coast time, right?

Yup. I could get on right now just to snag gear, though.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Seneschal posted:

Sure, I'll see what I can get for you.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Seneschal posted:

I'll dump stuff on you later.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Ok two questions:

- I have a golden key (probably from when I got the DLC CD) so when should I use it? It says it scales to my level sooooo....never? Not until I'm as high as I'm going to get?

- I spent probably too much time playing Poker Night 2 on my ps3 yesterday and I won some of the items. How do I get those in my game? I got the Banjo and downloaded the theme but Max's head isn't on the customization screen. Did I miss something?

And unrelated: man I hate bandit guns. Years of playing FPSes have trained me to tap the reload button every time I shoot a few shots but this keeps getting me killed because you can take a nap in the time it takes to reload one of these crummy guns.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Ok two questions:

- I have a golden key (probably from when I got the DLC CD) so when should I use it? It says it scales to my level sooooo....never? Not until I'm as high as I'm going to get?

Whenever you feel that your gear is underpowered for your current level and the enemies you're facing. You're guaranteed 2 purples.

quote:

- I spent probably too much time playing Poker Night 2 on my ps3 yesterday and I won some of the items. How do I get those in my game? I got the Banjo and downloaded the theme but Max's head isn't on the customization screen. Did I miss something?

Can't help you here as I don't have PN2 but can I ask if PN2 is worth getting? I like poker but I always thought virtual, not-for-real-money poker was kind of silly.

quote:

And unrelated: man I hate bandit guns. Years of playing FPSes have trained me to tap the reload button every time I shoot a few shots but this keeps getting me killed because you can take a nap in the time it takes to reload one of these crummy guns.

This game will force you to break a lot of your worst FPS habits. There are so many good guns that have drawbacks like that. Don't worry, you'll adapt.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Elephant Ambush posted:

Whenever you feel that your gear is underpowered for your current level and the enemies you're facing. You're guaranteed 2 purples.

Can't help you here as I don't have PN2 but can I ask if PN2 is worth getting? I like poker but I always thought virtual, not-for-real-money poker was kind of silly.

This game will force you to break a lot of your worst FPS habits. There are so many good guns that have drawbacks like that. Don't worry, you'll adapt.
Good to know. And I figured out the Poker Night thing: I needed to sign up for SHiFT which I didn't know because nothing in the game tells you to! I have them now.

And PN2 is fun. I got about 5 or 6 hours of fun out of it and I learned to play texas hold em so I got my 10 bucks out of it but your mileage may vary. It's funny, for the most part, but it runs like total poo poo. I've never played a game that felt so rickety. Every hand is an adventure to see if the whole thing crashes. But if you can tolerate the terrible performance and listening to Claptrap you'll get some funny jokes and unlock some kind of neat items.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Also if you try Gunzerker and Mechromancer, you'll find that those characters have mechanisms that reward you for shooting all the way to the end of the clip, so that's an incentive to break FPS habits like that.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Bandit guns have clips in the upper 40s and 50s, they don't need reloadin'. There's even an entire skill tree for Gaige based on firing off the whole clip and NEVER RELOADING. Welcome to Pandora.

e: Or, if you don't want to break your habit of reloading, try a Tediore gun. They're sub-par in most respects, but you toss the entire gun like a grenade when you reload, cooking off any unspent rounds in a nice little blast. Just don't run out of ammo. Oh, and they're the fastest reloaders in the game.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 18:29 on May 8, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Ok two questions:

Go to your bounties page and and go to the banjo. Click it and click download. The head should show up in the character customization, not your inventory.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Fibby Boy posted:

Left most tree, Best Friends Forever, was designed as the easy mode tree and was there for people who had never played FPS games before. The middle tree, Little Big Trouble, is designed as the elemental tree and buffs the hell out of both your shock capabilities and deathtrap. The right most tree, Ordered Chaos, is the tree designed to challenge players. It's all about high risk/high reward via giving you loads of extra damage at the cost of accuracy.

So basically it all depends on what you want out of Gaige.

Alternatively, once you get enough skill points for it, just put five points into Close Enough and the rest into anarchy. The 50% chance for bullets to bounce into enemies with 50% more damage on top of the anarchy boost makes you more deadly shooting into walls than at enemies. It might not be the best method for learning the game mechanics as a first time player but it's definitely incredibly easy.

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Alternatively, once you get enough skill points for it, just put five points into Close Enough and the rest into anarchy. The 50% chance for bullets to bounce into enemies with 50% more damage on top of the anarchy boost makes you more deadly shooting into walls than at enemies. It might not be the best method for learning the game mechanics as a first time player but it's definitely incredibly easy.

Unless there's a massive bug that I'm not aware of Close Enough makes ricochets do 50% damage, not +50% damage. Still incredibly deadly with the bonuses from Anarchy but not more deadly than actually hitting your targets.

Seneschal
Nov 24, 2008

Fibby Boy posted:

Go to your bounties page and and go to the banjo. Click it and click download. The head should show up in the character customization, not your inventory.

Nope?
I've beaten Poker Night 2 (thank you Omaha) and the heads and skins are associated with the table unlocks. You can get your heads and skin by using tokens to buy new decks, chips, and table felt.. You will only get the Max head by deploying all of the Sam & Max 25th Anniversary items. That means unlocking and selecting the felt, deck, and chips at once, which activates a scenery change and different soundtrack.

God how I love my Portal themed Zero. So awesome.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Seneschal posted:

Nope?
I've beaten Poker Night 2 (thank you Omaha) and the heads and skins are associated with the table unlocks. You can get your heads and skin by using tokens to buy new decks, chips, and table felt.. You will only get the Max head by deploying all of the Sam & Max 25th Anniversary items. That means unlocking and selecting the felt, deck, and chips at once, which activates a scenery change and different soundtrack.

God how I love my Portal themed Zero. So awesome.

No? You don't get the heads until after you've won a bounty item related to that head. The very first table set I bought was the venture bros. set and I didn't get a skin. Likewise the game even states you have to win a bounty to get those skins.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Xyretire posted:

Unless there's a massive bug that I'm not aware of Close Enough makes ricochets do 50% damage, not +50% damage. Still incredibly deadly with the bonuses from Anarchy but not more deadly than actually hitting your targets.

I must have misread the description then. It seems like the ricochets will auto target the nearest enemies though, so when your shots start to come out of the barrel sideways autocorrecting bullets can be extremely valuable.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Xyretire posted:

Yeah but five points in CE basically means all of your bullets with max anarchy stacks hit. Your bullets shoot out behind you, bounce off something, and hit for 50% of whatever crazy amount of damage Anarchy just gave you. More than negates the accuracy downsides of Anarchy, since you'll still have that occasional bullet that hits its intended target as well. You turn into a walking insta-kill trap with the right guns.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Ok one thing that's starting to make me mad: I'll get a quest that takes me 100000 miles back into a place I've already been and then after it's over I get "ok find your way back" and I have to slowly jog back though all the empty canyons and bandit towns I just cleared out to find an quick transport machine to go turn in my thing. It takes foreverrrrrr.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Ok one thing that's starting to make me mad: I'll get a quest that takes me 100000 miles back into a place I've already been and then after it's over I get "ok find your way back" and I have to slowly jog back though all the empty canyons and bandit towns I just cleared out to find an quick transport machine to go turn in my thing. It takes foreverrrrrr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oryhqC4hAs
Gotta go fast.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose
I have the Star Knight head again! If you need it I will dupe it for you! I don't actually know if anybody is still looking for this but just something I can give back to the community. I should be back on in about 4.5hrs from this post.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
you mean space knight?

I can dupe pretty much any head you want if there's more that you're after.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

delpheye posted:

you mean space knight?

I can dupe pretty much any head you want if there's more that you're after.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=F6ROXLtorwY#t=253s

I'm helping :colbert:

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Sealab was way underrated.

I just meant that if there was more that you wanted to avoid farming, I can help out.

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

Smellrose

delpheye posted:

Sealab was way underrated.

I just meant that if there was more that you wanted to avoid farming, I can help out.

I've just been hoping that one day I'll find something rare that somebody actually wants. My game is seriously cursed, Father Wendigo and Mechwarrior can confirm this. Four of us farmed bar brawl in UVHM last night in my game and it was a sea of whites.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

HAmbONE posted:

I've just been hoping that one day I'll find something rare that somebody actually wants. My game is seriously cursed, Father Wendigo and Mechwarrior can confirm this. Four of us farmed bar brawl in UVHM last night in my game and it was a sea of whites.

I've done bar room for countless hours and I don't think I've ever seen anything worthwhile drop. The only thing I've seen recently was a level 30 Impaler drop off The Warrior. I definitely think they've messed with legendary drop rates.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

delpheye posted:

I've done bar room for countless hours and I don't think I've ever seen anything worthwhile drop. The only thing I've seen recently was a level 30 Impaler drop off The Warrior. I definitely think they've messed with legendary drop rates.

ConcreteHades was farming bar room for a group of us a few days ago and one of the baddies dropped a Lv. 61 Infinity (non-elemental). Yes, I know they were supposed to be taken out of the game; we were rather shocked to see it.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I don't know that they were taken out, perse, just that Doc McStuffins or whoever that used to drop them had infinity pistols removed from his loot table. That means that any mobs that have a >0% chance of dropping anything(Warrior, Terra, and I guess mobs in bar room) can potentially drop it.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

delpheye posted:

I don't know that they were taken out, perse, just that Doc McStuffins or whoever that used to drop them had infinity pistols removed from his loot table. That means that any mobs that have a >0% chance of dropping anything(Warrior, Terra, and I guess mobs in bar room) can potentially drop it.

:psyduck: Why didn't they just increase the drop chance on Doc Mercy?

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Wait I didn't hear about the Infinity getting removed. Did they say why?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Fibby Boy posted:

Because they got important poo poo to do like fixing the Evil Smasher coming up with enough new player skins to kick out another DLC for the Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
All Infinity pistols got removed? That's just ridiculous.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

They didn't get removed, since someone a few posts up got one farming bar room. Suddenly I'm unable to find a post that said Doc Mercy no longer drops it, so... I'm going to go back on what a said and relabel that as speculation. However, with something like a .07% drop rate I'd say anyone is better off just getting a set of them duped and not ever have worry about going to kill Doc Mercy ever again.

My assassin has a set of bladed infinities if anyone wants them. Infinite ammo, infinite stabs!

Fibby Boy posted:

It's possibly the most versatile gun in the game. I realize we're having this conversation in a reality where anything can be duped with minimal effort, but increasing the drop rate doesn't do anything beneficial.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 20:12 on May 9, 2013

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

delpheye posted:

They didn't get removed, since someone a few posts up got one farming bar room. Suddenly I'm unable to find a post that said Doc Mercy no longer drops it, so... I'm going to go back on what a said and relabel that as speculation. However, with something like a .07% drop rate I'd say anyone is better off just getting a set of them duped and not ever have worry about going to kill Doc Mercy ever again.

My assassin has a set of bladed infinities if anyone wants them. Infinite ammo, infinite stabs!

It's possibly the most versatile gun in the game. I realize we're having this conversation in a reality where anything can be duped with minimal effort, but increasing the drop rate doesn't do anything beneficial.

It benefits the people who don't wanna dupe all their gear.

Edit: It also helps nullify a lot of the "drop rates are too low" complaints.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 9, 2013

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

I'd take a bladed shock if you have it. As I remember it a poster on gearbox cranked the drop rate of rares to 100% and tvhm doc mercy didn't drop anything at all. Also im still butthurt about the bank being fixed.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'd take a bladed shock if you have it. As I remember it a poster on gearbox cranked the drop rate of rares to 100% and tvhm doc mercy didn't drop anything at all. Also im still butthurt about the bank being fixed.

That's the GBX post I was looking for, which is about as definitive as you can get without an actual dev chiming in to call us all suckers. I'm sure it's still there but... effort. The bank glitch is them enforcing their intent that we shouldn't be hoarding items in game(of which there is also a GBX post), which is stupid. Surely they had to know a bunch of players would go out of their way to collect every gun in the game. It just means I have more characters than I would have if I could store infinite items.

I've got a bladed shock infinity for you!

Fibby Boy posted:

It benefits the people who don't wanna dupe all their gear.

Edit: It also helps nullify a lot of the "drop rates are too low" complaints.

I don't understand either of these statements. Did anyone buy BL2 because they could dupe gear? It's a difference of wasting hours and hours for something that you might not get or getting it much easier by duping and continuing to play the game.

"Drop rates are too low" == "The drop rate on this one item I want is too low and I'm going to pointlessly complain because surely this will be a winning strategy."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

delpheye posted:

I don't understand either of these statements. Did anyone buy BL2 because they could dupe gear? It's a difference of wasting hours and hours for something that you might not get or getting it much easier by duping and continuing to play the game.

"Drop rates are too low" == "The drop rate on this one item I want is too low and I'm going to pointlessly complain because surely this will be a winning strategy."

I generally complain about drop rates being low because most of my time spent in this game has been trying to farm out certain weapons and seeing endless seas of whites. Also I don't see how not cranking the drop rates on legendaries isn't beneficial.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Then I guess we had different intents for the game. I wanted ridiculous weapons, to play with all of the people I know who also play, and to go out of my way to break things.

Increasing drop rates means legendaries aren't as legendary anymore? I realize everything I'm saying here has a hint of hypocrisy given that I'll dupe anything for anyone whenever time allows, but having a certain amount of rarity is a good thing.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

delpheye posted:

Then I guess we had different intents for the game. I wanted ridiculous weapons, to play with all of the people I know who also play, and to go out of my way to break things.

Increasing drop rates means legendaries aren't as legendary anymore? I realize everything I'm saying here has a hint of hypocrisy given that I'll dupe anything for anyone whenever time allows, but having a certain amount of rarity is a good thing.

I don't want constant legendaries either but until the uvhm patch I could actually count the number of legendaries I had seen, after ten playthroughs and not farming specifically for, on one hand. That just didn't settle right with me. As it stands I'm happy the drop rates were increased because I have gotten some things I never thought I'd get (legendary commando mod from a red chest) but there are things that I still think have too low of a drop rate.

Also having the game broken in half is what caused me to get really bored with the first game which is another reason I don't dupe any of my gear. Yeah I know a couple people here have bathed me in duped gear before but I sold it all off except for the infinities pre-patch. After the patch those were sold off too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I feel like UVHM is still enough of a challenge that duping isn't that much of an issue. I don't care about most legendaries or uniques to be honest. I'd prefer to get things specific for my character. But if people want to collect everything then fair play to them. They're playing the game like they want, and I'm playing it like I want.

It's just stupid poo poo like not fixing Doc Mercy or Flynt's drop rates that tend to ruin the game. I'd like to farm my own set of Thunderball Fists and not have to rely on a goon who happens to have one from the treasure room/midgets.

Side note: Does anyone have the Kawaii Killer head for Maya?

• Locked thread