Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mr. Wiggles posted:

The happy pills, a few tall pints, and some sherry have done the job of making me feel better. We can now commence with the honeymooning.

Tomorrow we head deep into the Trossachs to see my family and the root of my people stretching back into the deepest mists of history. It will be a good time. Will post again from somewhere closer to civilization in a few days.

PS: Pizza supper? What the hell I was not even drunk enough for that nonsense. The haggis was enough.

Sorry to hear your time in Edinburgh was not the best. Hope it improves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

EDIT: Bleh.. wrong thread. Sorry

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Steakandchips posted:

This is why you pay for movers to do all that poo poo for you.

Better still, get whoever you work for to pay for it.
Every time I've used movers I've ended up with busted poo poo. Like I have a shelf of Somerset Maugham first editions with torn covers because of movers. gently caress movers.

bunnielab posted:

Buy bankers boxes and a good handtruck. When you are done moving you can usually resell the handtruck on CL for most of what you paid.
gently caress selling it; I've had the one I'm using for like 25 years.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
you want to curl up and die, but walking around in circles is actually fairly distracting and helpful. dogs love this

my urologist recommends alternating bottles of water and beer

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

Someone buy me this please thanks in advance.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

pile of brown posted:

you want to curl up and die, but walking around in circles is actually fairly distracting and helpful. dogs love this

my urologist recommends alternating bottles of water and beer

if all else fails, you can just grab on to the stone and yank it out

I've used one of these to pretty good effect... just make sure you use lots and lots of lube.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sure sure, just PM me your address. Anything else?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
I don't think I've ever seen a three dollar latke before.

Edit: lol

SubG fucked around with this message at 23:12 on May 6, 2013

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
3 dollar latke :psyduck:

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Oh poo poo, these are apparently sold at a market really close to Hawkboy's house. I will have to go purchase some go to the market intending to buy them and then stop and laugh at the price tag.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

bunnielab posted:

Buy bankers boxes and a good handtruck. When you are done moving you can usually resell the handtruck on CL for most of what you paid.

Better option? Milk boxes, the kind that carries six gallons. Sturdy construction, built to carry 40+ lbs. of milk, solid bottom, built-in handles and convenient, easy to tape top flaps.

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Is there anything I special I should eat in Rhode Island besides despair?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Don't they do lobster rolls? Those always sounded nice, buttery cafeteria hotdog buns piled with lobster meat

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Halalelujah posted:

Stay away from that rubbish the natives call "Clam Chowder".

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
Homebrew bill is on the special calendar today in Alabama's senate. Pass drat you!!!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

SubG posted:

Every time I've used movers I've ended up with busted poo poo. Like I have a shelf of Somerset Maugham first editions with torn covers because of movers. gently caress movers.

I've had movers move my entire flat across from Singapore to Glasgow to London. 2 huge moves. Not a single thing broken. They even arranged my books for me on my bookshelf.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Halalelujah posted:

Seafood. Particularly lobster. If you like Ethiopian food, go to Abyssinia in Providence. Breakfast? The Kitchen (also in Providence). Dude gets all his stuff locally and makes his own sausage.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Doesn't Rhode Island have a pretty big Portugese contingent? Caldo Verde :getin:

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

Allahu Snackbar posted:

Homebrew bill is on the special calendar today in Alabama's senate. Pass drat you!!!

PASSED!

All we have left is for Governor Bentley to sign and it's done. All 50 states will be legal to brew in.

And best of all since HB-9 is effective immediately, we'll still be in before Mississippi.

Suck it, Mississippi.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Allahu Snackbar posted:

PASSED!

All we have left is for Governor Bentley to sign and it's done. All 50 states will be legal to brew in.

And best of all since HB-9 is effective immediately, we'll still be in before Mississippi.

Suck it, Mississippi.

:patriot:

Georgia just passed a law allowing sales of alcohol on Sunday last year, so I feel your 19th century insanely conservative alcohol law angst, bro.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I have like $500 worth of homebrew merch in my amazon cart, waiting for the ink to dry on Governor Bentley's desk. Gonna suck to bite that overhead shock but I've never looked forward to being so poor.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

mindphlux posted:

:patriot:

Georgia just passed a law allowing sales of alcohol on Sunday last year, so I feel your 19th century insanely conservative alcohol law angst, bro.

I've heard Indiana (my home state) is the only remaining state to not allow alcohol sales on Sunday. So I just keep a cache of liquor on hand at all times, just in case I need to get drunk on Sunday.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

tHROW SOME D"s ON THAT BIZNATCH
"In case"?

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.
Part of the reason I love New York is the ability to buy malt liquor at 4am from my bodega. Miss Chicago laws though.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Eeyo posted:

I've heard Indiana (my home state) is the only remaining state to not allow alcohol sales on Sunday. So I just keep a cache of liquor on hand at all times, just in case I need to get drunk on Sunday.

It's county by county in Arkansas but most counties have no Sunday sales.

I mean you can get drinks at bars and restaurants but no take-home sales

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Eeyo posted:

You can't buy liquor in Texas on Sundays, only beer/wine. And I only ever seem to have time to drop by the liquor store on a Sunday, then forget it's Sunday, and they're closed.

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

It always weirds me out that there are whole states where you can't walk into a convenience store at 2 AM on a Sunday, and walk out with a fifth of Wild Turkey.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

No sales before noon in the state here and some counties/tribal land are either entirely dry or forbid Sunday sales.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Can't serve alcohol in Texas on a Sunday before 10AM, and it has to be with food. We get so many bad guest comments because of this states backward rear end laws.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Can't buy alcohol in Minnesota on sunday unless someone pours it for you. Happy hour/brunch is a huge thing here, such that if you time it right you can hit happy hour all day sunday. It's not even that hard, given that so many places have poo poo like "happy hour from noon until 8pm!"

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Despite being one of the most "liberal" states in the Union, Massachusetts has some draconian Blue Laws around booze. The only reason they repealed the "no booze on Sunday" rule was because they were losing tax revenue to New Hampshire on Sundays. You can only sell alcohol in a "package" store, and they are stingy with the permits, so there isn't a lot of competition. This means that most liquor stores are grimy shitholes; you have to drive to one of the really wealthy towns if you want a decent selection.

Still better then Philly, where your only retail choices were state-run liquor stores, and "beer distributors", which are case minimum. And yet they let bars sell beer to go? No wonder every bar in Philly has a massive take-out cooler.

EDIT:
I am eternally jealous of states where you can just go to the supermarket for booze.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 8, 2013

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squashy Nipples posted:

EDIT:
I am eternally jealous of states where you can just go to the supermarket for booze.

One of the few advantages of Ohio :smugdog::smug:

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ahhh Wisconsin. Where it's legal for a child to drink at a bar as long as your parents by it for you and your first DUI is only a misdemeanor.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Still better then Philly, where your only retail choices were state-run liquor stores, and "beer distributors", which are case minimum. And yet they let bars sell beer to go? No wonder every bar in Philly has a massive take-out cooler.

Learned about this the hard way when I was stopping through for the night on a long roadtrip. I asked my server where I could pick a decent six pack and he was like, "weeeellllllllll.........."

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Went to Sushi Yasuda with impossible yesterday. So loving good.

pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattmendoza/sets/72157633456530546/with/8723745998/

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Wroughtirony posted:

Learned about this the hard way when I was stopping through for the night on a long roadtrip. I asked my server where I could pick a decent six pack and he was like, "weeeellllllllll.........."

Gotta goto the a pizza place/deli in order to get six/twelve packs in PA.

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
OK. I used to think I made things from scratch. I like to use whole grains, and beans, and bla bla bla. And then I saw this lady's youtube. She makes her own tapoica starch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbt0ioecwmc

And her own stock cubes. And her own spring roll wrappers. And her own drat near everything. I'm floored. I'm absolutely floored.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

I'm going to guess she's a stay at home mom? My grandma made literally everything from scratch, but they also had a massive farm, and literally grew all of their grains/veg/fruit, raised cows and pheasant, and even had a butcher house with a basement 20ft under for meat storage.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

:stare:

And here I am buying beans from a store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

Allahu Snackbar posted:

PASSED!

Suck it, Mississippi.

Signed into law as of 6PM CST today :911:

Getting ready to fire a massive amazon order into the abyss.