Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Thauros posted:

This was taken from a message board and not directly from his twitter so I can't be 100% certain of its veracity, but here's the 2011 tweet I was thinking of.

They were heels at the time and many people just chalked it up to that.

It did happen and he had this to say with another great Jay comment!

quote:

ROH wrestler Jay Briscoe apologized on Twitter today for insensitive comments he made this past weekend and in June: "I apologize to everyone for my insensitive comments from June and this past weekend. It will not happen again." At the weekend during Hurricane Irene Briscoe tweeted: "To all da hoes, sluts, skanks, he-shes, she-hes and homos that be whorin it up on da eastcoast... this hurricanes for you." In June he wrote: "drat theres a lot of fags out in New York today." Such comments will not go down well with new ROH owners Sinclair Broadcasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Let's see if Sinclair Broadcasting will stand behind that statement

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I hope they make him job to Matt Hardy for this poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I hope they make him job to Matt Hardy for this poo poo.

I think that was the plan anyways.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

I think that was the plan anyways.

As soon as possible, then. Motherfuck Jay Briscoe's face.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Somewhere in Connecticut a contract offer to the Bricoes just got torn in half

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

oatgan posted:

Delaware is in the north, dawg

Well, they're still south of me. :effort:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
All three top champions in their respective company have expressed a severe dislike for homosexuals. Makes you proud, eh?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

All three top champions in their respective company have expressed a severe dislike for homosexuals. Makes you proud, eh?

Is Ziggler the only one who has kept his mouth shut?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

I don't think Ziggler harbours those feelings towards gay people. Doesn't seem the type unlike Alpha Jock John Cena, Redneck Jay Briscoe and "Slob from New York" Bully Ray.

Edit: Changing "Redneck Jay Lethal" to "Redneck Jay Briscoe". Lethal going from imitating Macho man to a homophobic redneck would be a hell of a transition.

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 16:52 on May 8, 2013

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

bobkatt013 posted:

JR recently blogged saying that “I don’t like gay jokes on any wrestling shows.” Do you think there’s a place for gay humor in the industry? What about homosexuality period? Do you think the WWE would everhire an openly gay wrestler and would you be okay with it and what are your views on having a gay fan base?
Not really sure what to answer there, but a fan is a fan, it doesn't matter if they are gay.

http://michellemccool.net/nick/wordpress/?page_id=929

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I guess JR only likes gay jokes on wrestling shows when he makes them.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

oldpainless posted:

I guess JR only likes gay jokes on wrestling shows when he makes them.

Wait wasn't the meme that JR is racist? I guess we can add homophobic on top of it because why not but I thought it always was that he's racist. I think I even remember Hulkamatt telling us to shut up about it because it got a little out of hand eventually.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Not to belabor the subject, but the Scorpio Sky tweets are worth capping.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I honestly don't know if JR is racist or not but I was referring more to the fact JR made his share of jokes about Pat Pattersons homosexuality back in the attitude era. Of course maybe JR has changed his stance since then or since he was making the jokes about a single person he knew and presumably was friendly with, the appropriateness of it exists outside of JR's blanket beliefs about the subject.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Just realized I got a DM from Dixie Carter after I tweeted her about Austin Aries. The DM? "????"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Jack Krauser posted:

Just realized I got a DM from Dixie Carter after I tweeted her about Austin Aries. The DM? "????"
...she had no idea??!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
She's even clueless as to what the people she follows on twitter are saying?

Does... Does she even know there was an explosion in Boston?

Gonzo McFee fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 8, 2013

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006
Ziggler, unlike AJ Styles, is probably well aware that he's got a decent amount of fans in the gay community and is totally okay with it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oatgan posted:

Cary Silken is gay, IIRC.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Not to belabor the subject, but the Scorpio Sky tweets are worth capping.

Lets not forget that Scorpio Sky got himself blackballed from the WWE with them even going so far as to make a press release that he would never be employed by them over those tweets.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

pretty sure TNA also came down and chastised him for those tweets, only to later employ him on a couple more occasions

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
RIP Harold

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol jay briscoe sucks

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

oatgan posted:

Isn't Sinclair a super right wing company anyway? I seem to remember reading about them funding a lot of hard line Republican poo poo

EDIT: ah yup http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinclair_Broadcast_Group#Political_views

quote:

In April 2004, Sinclair notably forced its ABC affiliates to not air an episode of Nightline that featured a reading of the names of soldiers killed in the 2003 invasion and subsequent occupation of Iraq
[...]
Later in October 2004, just two weeks prior to the 2004 presidential election, it was reported that all 62 of Sinclair's stations would preempt prime time programming to air Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal, a documentary critical of U.S. presidential candidate John Kerry's anti-Vietnam War activism
[...]
In November 2010, it was reported that five Fox affiliates and one ABC affiliate owned by Sinclair broadcast an infomercial critical of President Barack Obama, Breaking Point: 25 Minutes that will Change America, which was sponsored by the National Republican Trust Political Action Group.[35] The infomercial painted Obama as an extremist, and claimed that, during the 2008 presidential campaign, he received some campaign money from the Hamas terrorist group, and that Obama said in a speech, "You want freedom? You’re gonna have to kill some crackers! You gonna have to kill some of those babies."

Given all that nonsense I doubt they'd care much

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 8, 2013

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Given all that nonsense I doubt they'd care much

Hell, after reading that I wouldn't be surprised if they gave Jay a lengthy run with the title now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Depends how much angry feedback they get. Even Fox news apologizes occasionally when one of their on-air people say something out of line, I'd imagine this is no different.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Require More Fire posted:

Ultra-white-trash southern wrestler does not support "them gays", film at 11.

That is from Delaware. As someone from Pennsylvania I find this hillarious to no end.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Don't worry, guys, I don't think Jay Briscoe will really go out and literally murder people.

Like, for that reason at least. :ohdear:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bocc Kob posted:

Don't worry, guys, I don't think Jay Briscoe will really go out and literally murder people.

Like, for that reason at least. :ohdear:

Something involving either meth and a exacto knife is my guess.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

It's nice to be reminded that some guys seem pretty cool outside the ring and not just while on the job:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh man

Shelton J. Benjamin posted:

My family has been delt an inconceivable blow. As my 12yo nephew has been diagnosed with kidney failure.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Jesus, that's terrible. Poor kid :(

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Will Shelton he disappointed when his nephew uses his wish to meet John Cena and not Shelton Benjamin

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

gfanikf posted:

That is from Delaware. As someone from Pennsylvania I find this hilarious to no end.

They don't call it "lower, slower Delaware" for nothing.

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

oatgan posted:

Will Shelton he disappointed when his nephew uses his wish to meet John Cena and not Shelton Benjamin

:lol: Jesus..

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

oatgan posted:

That's cold

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

gfanikf posted:

That is from Delaware. As someone from Pennsylvania I find this hillarious to no end.
Jay would fit in with the Pennsyltucky folk, I mean white trash hicks are pretty common throughout this country and don't really differ much.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

achillesforever6 posted:

Jay would fit in with the Pennsyltucky folk, I mean white trash hicks are pretty common throughout this country and don't really differ much.
Eh, it's more redneck in PA than white trash...sounds academic, but their is a difference.

Also I doubt he owns as many guns as PA residents (that's a universal thing, not hick vs city), so alas I don't think he'd fit in well.. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

achillesforever6 posted:

I grew up in a "Northern" Midwest state, and I can tell you there were plenty of guys around town that could be placed right into a "long-lost Briscoe Brother" angle without a hitch, Confederate flags and all.

Sydney Bottocks fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 9, 2013