Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Injustice: Gods Among Us 17

Selina is asked by Superman to check on Batman after Dick's death

'Goofy' art aside, I think is a great moment for Selina :unsmith:

When you post pages from Injustice it brings to mind Rape-face Cpt. America and his Poser adventures.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:02 on May 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

WHAT THE EVERLOVING gently caress IS THAT

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Wachter posted:

I don't know but it almost ruins an otherwise touching moment.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Whatever it is, it's prime avatar material.

e) for content. In Planetary #2 a group of pseudo-revolutionaries from Japan go to an unclaimed island between Japan and Russia known as Island Zero. What the find there are giant corpses of lost monsters, as well as some shady guard figures. The Planetary team gets there a little too late to stop a violent altercation.

Then later at the end of the issue

Dr. Hurt fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 8, 2013

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Douche Bag posted:

No almost about it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Douche Bag posted:

I don't want that picture and the word "touching" anywhere near each other.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wachter posted:

Sloth exchanged his Superman shirt for a Batman cowl.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I really hate how Injustice has some legit good moments, but such trash art it ruins it.

Like that little bit, Bruce and Selina in a tender moment with their masks off is a great theme that is common to Batman, and her showing up to basically be his rock because no one else can divorce badass Batman from Bruce like she can is a really great idea.

But nope, that gets shot when we get mutant rage Batman.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Still the best thing with Batman and/or Superman in it being published.

Mister Roboto
Jun 15, 2009

I SWING BY AUNT MAY's
FOR A SHOWER AND A
BITE, MOST NATURAL
THING IN THE WORLD,
ASSUMING SHE'S
NOT HOME...

...AND I
FIND HER IN BED
WITH MY
FATHER, AND THE
TWO OF THEM
ARE...ARE...

...AAAAAAAAUUUUGH!
Jumping to the funny thread.

Mister Roboto fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 8, 2013

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

I'm starting to believe that the artists are taking the piss out of Injustice for whatever reason.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Achernar posted:

I'm starting to believe that the artists are taking the piss out of Injustice for whatever reason.

Maybe a pissing match with the video games' art directors/execs/whoever? They're presumably supposed to crank these issues out on schedule, and have to stay faithful to the game's art, regardless if it actually is good from their standpoint. Then again, it's not too dissimilar from working on regular DC book, so who knows?

Lars Blitzer fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 8, 2013

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

It's probably just an artist that isn't very good at drawing faces.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Like that little bit, Bruce and Selina in a tender moment with their masks off is a great theme that is common to Batman, and her showing up to basically be his rock because no one else can divorce badass Batman from Bruce like she can is a really great idea.
There's a scene pretty much exactly like that in Alan Davis' 'The Nail' only it's drawn by Alan Davis. It's much better and if I had a scanner hooked up I'd absolutely post it here.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

It's probably just an artist that isn't very good at drawing faces.

The only problem spots in all the Injustice I've seen posted is Batman's face. Like they draw the cowl and then try to fill in his facial features after, and it always looks so horrible.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Injustice: Gods Among Us 16

[TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/p3ldPGZ.jpg[TIMG]
[TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNw8lhj.jpg[TIMG]
[TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/VGUsu62.jpg[TIMG]
[TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/NHBSvfL.jpg[TIMG]

The way Dick is killed is kind of stupid but that makes it more tragic :smith:

Another "Robin" killed? Seriously? As said in the other thread the dude is a child killer and enabler for them to go the "death by cop" route. Batman is the worst hero. He's not a peak human amongst Gods, that's false. He needs to rethink what "Batman" is because if he was something to be put alongside or surpass Superman, Wonder Woman he'd be "Batman" in a different concept being able to achieve what they couldn't in a manner they couldn't. Using his corporation and resources to affect change on a global scale by combating poverty, perhaps influencing politics to help, and "sneaking around in the shadows" and being a mythological figure by way of proxies to shape governments to improve their societies. Batman Inc. is a step in that direction. He's significantly less effective as a dude in a suit punching people than what he could be.

EDIT: But then again it's more entertaining to read about him punching bad guys and dressing up and having gadgets.

EDIT 2: Oooo, that's a video game tie in.

EDIT 3: I have this thought in my head of Bruce being the CEO full time of Wayne Enterprises shadow funding and operating Batman Inc. Batman Inc. being a quiet non profit type organization that mysteriously aids people in need. Like a mother going sullenly to her mailbox after her son is diagnosed with cancer she can't afford to pay treatments for and then opening it up to find a check made out to the hospital and another check to pay a top law firm to fight the company who kept it secret the work her son was doing would expose him to risk of cancer so that company and the people who were involved can be brought to justice. Also in there is a card with a Bat Symbol on it.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 16:29 on May 8, 2013

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Gatts posted:

EDIT 3: I have this thought in my head of Bruce being the CEO full time of Wayne Enterprises shadow funding and operating Batman Inc. Batman Inc. being a quiet non profit type organization that mysteriously aids people in need. Like a mother going sullenly to her mailbox after her son is diagnosed with cancer she can't afford to pay treatments for and then opening it up to find a check made out to the hospital and another check to pay a top law firm to fight the company who kept it secret the work her son was doing would expose him to risk of cancer so that company and the people who were involved can be brought to justice. Also in there is a card with a Bat Symbol on it.

You should watch the TV show Leverage. You pretty much nailed the concept, only it's essentially 5 reformed criminals taking on the role of Batman.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

NutShellBill posted:

You should watch the TV show Leverage. You pretty much nailed the concept, only it's essentially 5 reformed criminals taking on the role of Batman.

Really! Thanks, man. I'll check it out.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

NutShellBill posted:

Why would you do this? That show is almost as terrible as NCIS: LA.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT

Wade Wilson posted:

Why would you do this? That show is almost as terrible as NCIS: LA.

Can't really comment on NCIS: LA, having never seen the show, but Leverage is a big hit among my group of friends.

For me it's like Heist Film + the 5 people you need to emulate Batman + The A-Team.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also Leverage was created/executive produced/written by John Rogers.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

muscles like this? posted:

Also Leverage was created/executive produced/written by John Rogers.

And apparently he wrote up D20 sheets of all the characters in the first season on a whim.

What I'm saying is John Rogers is awesome.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Pro tip: anyone claiming Leverage isn't awesome should be ignored regarding television shows and/or RPGs.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Did it ever stop being Hu$tle 2.0?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tremendous Taste posted:

Did it ever stop being Hu$tle 2.0?

Yea, it started having a lot of focus on the characters, their relationships, and their past demons and all, the heists and all kinda became a storytelling device rather than a focus by the end, which worked really well.

Leverage loving rules, now I'm sad it's off the air and not online anywhere.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tatum Girlparts posted:

It's online somewhere.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Tatum Girlparts posted:

And NBC passed on the pilot for The Sixth Gun, meaning we'll have to go without Hardison on TV for that much longer :cry:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Wachter posted:

Coming summer 2014...Steve Buscemi is BATMAN!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

FF #7

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Do the tree images in grey represent people who've died or something?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Drifter posted:

Do the tree images in grey represent people who've died or something?

He's been having a recurring nightmare of his dead daughter standing at that tree.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Yeah, the first is him thinking about his dead daughter. The second is him imagining the FF kids dying. Once it's all over and the kids are home safe, he has a third "vision" of the tree with nobody standing next to it. I didn't get a scan of that page.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

If you are not reading Daredevil you are a bad person :colbert:

Issue #26, Foggy is just recovering from his first bout of chemo. To cheer him up his doctor suggests that he visit the children's ward who are busy making a comic book as a present to Iron Man.

Foggy worries that maybe the kids are getting their hopes up but his doctor shows them that maybe that isn't a bad thing.

:unsmith:

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

If you are not reading Daredevil you are a bad person :colbert:

I really want to, but it never goes on sale :smith:

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Hakkesshu posted:

I really want to, but it never goes on sale :smith:

It is the one Marvel book that I can say is 100% worth the full price.

(Plus the first half of Waids run was on sale a few months back)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Mark Waid is probably one of the best "emotional" writers next to Kurt Busiek. I mean seriously the guy really can wratchet it up sometimes and not be saccarine. Man, I love Mark Waid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Today's issue was so freaking good and holy poo poo that cliffhanger.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have found every single Mark Waid Daredevil panel posted in this thread to be unbearably saccharine :( I mean that one there was doing really well up until the end when Waid felt the need to have the Doctor over-explain the whole concept. Nowhere near as bad as that bit where all the kids save Daredevil when they're stuck in the snow or whatever, but I still haven't seen a so-called "emotional" moment from Waid's Daredevil that hasn't seemed completely cheesy. And I still tear up just at the very first issue of his FF run.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Green Lantern #20.

:unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted: