Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
How did you do that barnacle-ization? Obviously with Green Stuff or something else, but what was the method you used?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TarDolphinorShark
Sep 25, 2008

I rolled a tiny ball of magic sculp and put it on and poked my rounded shaper into it and then lightly reamed it out to give it a bowl/barnacle look.

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost
Awwww, it's a baby!

I, A_Bluenoser, oath these 24 Napoleonic British line infantry for the month of May. They are 6mm scale and are from Baccus Miniatures.

If it is not too simple I suppose these are also a themed group since they are all part of the same infantry battalion and will all be identical.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

A_Bluenoser posted:

Awwww, it's a baby! I, A_Bluenoser, oath these 24 Napoleonic British line infantry for the month of May. They are 6mm scale and are from Baccus Miniatures.

You people are seriously crazy for painting in that scale, and you're also seriously accepted because I wanna see more of this kind of crazy. :getin:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Sole.Sushi posted:

You people are seriously crazy for painting in that scale, and you're also seriously accepted because I wanna see more of this kind of crazy. :getin:

I love it! We've got historicals up in here!

It should be a requirement to cross-post finished models into everyone's respective threads.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

krushgroove posted:

I love it! We've got historicals up in here!

It should be a requirement to cross-post finished models into everyone's respective threads.

That would mean posting some of my stuff in TVIV though.

Edit - glad to see my big box of stuff got there.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
you beat me to 'em, I also have some Baccus Brits I plan on oathing at some point. Good to see I am not the only one going smaller scale-wise, they really are neat little models.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I plan on doing Baccus Austrians as an oath soon too. I love painting 6mm. I love it so much I've just sold 2 huge painted 6mm Napoleonics armies and now intend on doing them all over again. This bloody hobby...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Chance II posted:

I'm declaring this Oath for May Complete!

And here are the Detektiv's Journal progress shots for my initial Oath. I managed to loose the second shot for my bonus Oath unfortunately.

Well I wasn't planning on it but I guess my Bonus Style Oath would qualify for Speed Painting.
Start

Finish

Can I get a couple of rulings here?

1. Is it legit to claim Speed Painting on just a bonus add-on oath or, for that matter, on any subset of the full oath)? In this case, Chance II made an oath of some models, added some more models via bonus oath, and then speed-painted just the bonus models.
2. Does this fully qualify for Detektuv's Jurnal? There are enough photos, but not every model is included in each of the progress shots (as Chance II points out). More broadly, if someone oaths several models, is it OK to just show progress shots for one of them, or for a representative sample?

I am not exactly a judge, but if it's up to me, I can make judgement calls about this kind of thing when filling in points. But I don't want to overstep if someone else is the authority. Krushgroove, I have an opinion on both of the above but I'd like to hear what you say before I give it.

I should add that I don't mean to pick on Chance II here: I am just looking for guidance on exactly how to interpret these qualifiers, going forward, and Chance II happens to be the first that I've bumped into.

Icon Of Sin posted:

:siren: Oath complete! :siren:

Squad:

I did not give you a point for basing. Probably you knew this, but for everyone else's benefit: the point for basing refers to doing something besides just gluing a base on, you have to decorate/paint your base to get that point.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 9, 2013

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

1. Is it legit to claim Speed Painting on just a bonus add-on oath or, for that matter, on any subset of the full oath)? In this case, Chance II made an oath of some models, added some more models via bonus oath, and then speed-painted just the bonus models.
2. Does this fully qualify for Detektuv's Jurnal? There are enough photos, but not every model is included in each of the progress shots (as Chance II points out). More broadly, if someone oaths several models, is it OK to just show progress shots for one of them, or for a representative sample?

I am not exactly a judge, but if it's up to me, I can make judgement calls about this kind of thing when filling in points. But I don't want to overstep if someone else is the authority. Krushgroove, I have an opinion on both of the above but I'd like to hear what you say before I give it.

I should add that I don't mean to pick on Chance II here: I am just looking for guidance on exactly how to interpret these qualifiers, going forward, and Chance II happens to be the first that I've bumped into.

I did not give you a point for basing. Probably you knew this, but for everyone else's benefit: the point for basing refers to doing something besides just gluing a base on, you have to decorate/paint your base to get that point.

I figured. I was done messing with them, and didn't feel like fussing around with the autumn foliage stuff I've got floating around. I just got a 2nd Deathwing squad and a Grey Knight terminator squad, so one of those will probably end up in the running for next month.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Leperflesh posted:

I don't know about the rest of that, but the Speed Painting point specifically refers to one model, so it makes sense to allow it on any subset of an oath.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

1. I would say this is fine. The rules don't make a distinction between doing one-time bonuses for the original oath or for additional oaths, and if the effort is put in the reward should be given. I think the speed painting bonus should be for painting ALL of the models in an oath, though, not just a couple if the oath was for 5, say. The minimum oath is a mere single model after all, so if someone wanted to really take advantage the could just oath one model and get the speed bonus on that.
2. Again, not specified in the rules, but I would say if possible all the models should be in the WIP pictures - but at least half the models must be shown at a minimum.

This sort of stuff is bound to come up with a new ruleset so up to a point we should give the benefit of the doubt I think! I don't want to make the rules any longer b I'll add clarifications where needed.

E: re-read the OP after seeing Fix's post so I've edited my reply above

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:40 on May 9, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Can I ask for clarification of theme? Because I'm not sure which of these apply:

- Every model I painted this month is a Blood Angel space marine.
- I painted Blood Angels this month, next month I paint Blood Angels. The theme is Blood Angels.
- I painted Blood Angels this month, next month I paint Salamanders. The theme is Space Marines.
- I painted my Blood Angels to look like the cast of Welcome Back Kotter.
- Welcome Back Kotter Blood Angels, and Barney Miller Space Wolves next month.

The bi-monthly thing makes me think the theme is required to extend beyond a month? I don't know if it's this confusing to everybody else.

And should we save up WIP photos for a wall of images accompanying the Oath Complete post? Are more than three WIP shots OK or should those go in the general miniatures / painting thread?

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I, Deanut Pancer, oath that I will paint these 3x Ork Nobz from GW
I'm new at this, so: Awwww, it's a baby!

(One has been previously painted and stripped, the other two have white primer on them)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Fix posted:

I don't know about the rest of that, but the Speed Painting point specifically refers to one model, so it makes sense to allow it on any subset of an oath.

You're right. I think it would suck to penalize people for oathing more models just to get a speed painting thing done.

krushgroove posted:

not specified in the rules, but I would say if possible all the models should be in the WIP pictures - but at least half the models must be shown at a minimum. [/url]

I'd say, a "representative sample". If you're painting 80 6mm infantry dudes, you could show a single stand from start to finish and that would be fine. If you're painting ten space marines with command, you should show one regular dude and the command models. And I'd say we be generous with the interpretation. The idea is that someone looking at your pictures will be able to learn how you painted your stuff, so whatever is the minimum to provide that, is what we'd be going for.

[quote]This sort of stuff is bound to come up with a new ruleset so up to a point we should give the benefit of the doubt I think! I don't want to make the rules any longer b I'll add clarifications where needed.

Agreed.

e. Chance II claims the lead! With full points for May, plus a one-time point each for speed painting and parts list, Chance II is at 12 points. Good job Chance II!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 10, 2013

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

moths posted:

Can I ask for clarification of theme? Because I'm not sure which of these apply:

- Every model I painted this month is a Blood Angel space marine.
- I painted Blood Angels this month, next month I paint Blood Angels. The theme is Blood Angels.
- I painted Blood Angels this month, next month I paint Salamanders. The theme is Space Marines.
- I painted my Blood Angels to look like the cast of Welcome Back Kotter.
- Welcome Back Kotter Blood Angels, and Barney Miller Space Wolves next month.

The bi-monthly thing makes me think the theme is required to extend beyond a month? I don't know if it's this confusing to everybody else.

And should we save up WIP photos for a wall of images accompanying the Oath Complete post? Are more than three WIP shots OK or should those go in the general miniatures / painting thread?

<Edited because I was wrong>

As I understand it, the idea is every 2 months there will be a judgement and a prize for the best one random themed group of miniatures. A theme is whatever you want it to be, but the judge is going to look at how well the models "fit" together, in terms of paint scheme, design, characterfullness, etc. but see my next post.

You can complete a group in one oath, or combine two oaths' models, or however. Like, you could oath in May three five space marines and two sexy ninjas and a yeti, and then in June you could oath four five other space marines and a 1/72 model of a '57 chevy. But then each month take a photo of just your space marines together and explicitly submit it as a themed group at any point before July 1st, and it's now you have two entries in for that contest.

If you want to paint up a welcome back kotter themed group of models, go for it; you could just do blood angels, or salamanders, or whatever, though. I have a hard time imagining a themed group consisting of both salamanders and blood angels, but if you can make it work go for it. Maybe they're getting together for some reason. Make it work and the judge will take note.

e. Here is the only group theme entry I've got in the spreadsheet so far: from Chance II.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:24 on May 10, 2013

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ok that helped clear things up, and gave me some things to think about. Thanks!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Actually I should have gone back and read it again because I conflated two contests.

Ineptmule's bimonthly theme is a drawing, not a judged prize:

krushgroove posted:

ineptmule’s theme prize: Every two months there will be a random draw from qualifying oaths. The lucky winner will receive £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models.

How do you qualify for this, you ask? Simple. For each oath you make that contains a group of models painted and/or converted to follow a theme you will get an entry into a bi-monthly draw. This means that if both of your oaths for a two-month period qualify you will double your chances of winning this prize! You will be ineligible for winning this again in the draw following a win, but will be able to thereafter.

The basic rule for this: The models should look like they belong together! Examples might include:
  • Members of a Blood Bowl or Dreadball team
  • A group of veteran warriors who have been fighting together for years
  • A lowlife criminal gang who barely trust each other more than their enemies
  • A cunning leader and their underlings
  • A black ops team operating with dubious legality behind enemy lines
  • A wizard and his menagerie of magical beasts / mechanickal creations / hapless lackeys

<examples removed>

Minimum qualifying number for different scales:
<15mm - 10 models
15-25mm - 8 models
28mm - 5 models
large, 28mm and upwards - 3 models

Should you be lucky enough to win this prize, it is strongly encouraged that you use it to get more models to join the group that you won with... but not mandatory!

So actually, you need to keep all your models for the themed entry to be inside of one Oath. So you can oath 5 space marines along with a yeti and a sexy ninja, and then just take a pic of the 5 space marines and label it.

You can also enter twice for each prize, by doing a themed group in each month.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 10, 2013

Chance II
Aug 6, 2009

Would you like a
second chance?

krushgroove posted:

1. I would say this is fine. The rules don't make a distinction between doing one-time bonuses for the original oath or for additional oaths, and if the effort is put in the reward should be given. I think the speed painting bonus should be for painting ALL of the models in an oath, though, not just a couple if the oath was for 5, say. The minimum oath is a mere single model after all, so if someone wanted to really take advantage the could just oath one model and get the speed bonus on that.
2. Again, not specified in the rules, but I would say if possible all the models should be in the WIP pictures - but at least half the models must be shown at a minimum.

This sort of stuff is bound to come up with a new ruleset so up to a point we should give the benefit of the doubt I think! I don't want to make the rules any longer b I'll add clarifications where needed.

E: re-read the OP after seeing Fix's post so I've edited my reply above

Sorry, I wasn't trying to skate by or anything I just realized when I was posting my Oath completeds that I had happened to speed paint my additional oath around the same time that I realized that I had saved over one of my progress shots for the add on guys. Thanks for clarifying things though!

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Quick rules clarification question (not sure if this has been asked/answered). I remember last year that vehicles/large models in a certain scale was considered equivalent of a larger scale. For example, using my oath, my 5 Chaffees would count as 5 28mm models instead of 5 15mm models. Is this still valid, or has this rule/exemption been removed?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

Quick rules clarification question (not sure if this has been asked/answered). I remember last year that vehicles/large models in a certain scale was considered equivalent of a larger scale. For example, using my oath, my 5 Chaffees would count as 5 28mm models instead of 5 15mm models. Is this still valid, or has this rule/exemption been removed?

Larger models at a small scale are definitely equivalent to smaller models at a large scale. It is difficult to write a perfect rule to cover this, though. The best approach is to post what you intend to oath and get it approved in advance. We are inclined to be quite lenient. This year the minimum oath is just one 28mm model, so it's very likely that whatever it is you want to paint is going to qualify.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Leperflesh posted:

Larger models at a small scale are definitely equivalent to smaller models at a large scale. It is difficult to write a perfect rule to cover this, though. The best approach is to post what you intend to oath and get it approved in advance. We are inclined to be quite lenient. This year the minimum oath is just one 28mm model, so it's very likely that whatever it is you want to paint is going to qualify.

I'm just trying to figure out if 5 Chaffees would qualify for the 'theme' bonus or if I should buy 3 more.

A_Bluenoser
Jan 13, 2008
...oh where could that fish be?...
Nap Ghost

Serotonin posted:

I plan on doing Baccus Austrians as an oath soon too. I love painting 6mm. I love it so much I've just sold 2 huge painted 6mm Napoleonics armies and now intend on doing them all over again. This bloody hobby...

I have been finding 6mm quite fun indeed. I just got back into miniatures after a six-year hiatus and the last things I painted before I stopped were 28mm heroic for 40k. I was pleasantly surprised at how much more fun and simple 6mm miniatures are and how good they look when put together as a unit.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008
:siren: I, Purgey, oath 19 Caesar Miniatures Undead (in the jolly old scale of 1/72) :siren:

Parts used: Caesar Minis Undead, some spare (I want to say) celt weapons/shields, and some spare weapons from my Caesar Minis Adventurers box

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
We've got our prizes from The Troll Trader!

We were sent an assortment of things that don't fit into one genre, so it seems the easiest thing to do is make each item a separate monthly prize. This is great because it allows us to have yet another bit of loot to give out every few weeks! Here's what we've got:

Some of these are promo-only models from Scibor, so presumably there's no way to buy these from normal retail stores. These dice bearers are really cool:

But these guys are easily my favorite!

The remaining items are a 60mm diameter objective marker from Micro Arts Studio and one each of plastic and metal model starter sets from Army Painter (with Army Painter painting guides).

What I'll do is make these a monthly Troll Trader prize, letting the winner each month choose which thing they want.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Oath Complete!

(edited to add in my name!)

Detektuv's Jurnal: 3 WIP pictures

base colors done (models were preshaded with airbrush)

basing and wash

drybrushing, final details and experimenting with Vallejo Matte Varnish (which is way too matte/dusty), settling on Vallejo Satin Varnish (trying to find an eventual replacement for Testors Dullcote)

Bonus Points: Backstory
(most of the other bonuses being done are the Parts List so I thought I'd change it up a bit!)
The sergeant huddled against the cold. His men grouped together, away from the sergeant, trying to share the warmth of their bodies against the frozen wind. The crater didn't provide any protection from the wind, but at least it prevented thesm from being targeted by the enemy. But who was the enemy? Ahead of them, the supposed forces of Chaos, with welcoming fires and drunken songs inviting the squad to come forth. Behind them, the ruthless commissar and his useless speeches, encouraging his men forward, not caring if they live or die, with a pistol ready to shoot anyone who dared hesitate in their march to death.

He stood up, with a determined look on his face. The sergeant had been praying, praying for guidance from the Emperor, praying for answers. Answers that didn't come. He wasn't praying any longer. His Emperor had deserted him. The Emperor was no longer his emperor. The Emperor was left behind for the masses in their warm tanks, engines rumbling, waiting with the commissar until the weather broke. The other men in the squad turned and looked, then looked at each other. They saw the vestigal horn growing straight through the sergeant's helmet. They knew what it meant. They'd heard the songs and seen the fires just a few yards away. To a man, without even speaking, they stood up, some of them nodding to their leader. As they rose, they saw the other craters, with the other sad huddled groups of ill-equipped and broken men. The craters stretched away, out of sight, for miles along the front. The men in the nearest craters watched as the squad strode forward, towards their new friends, weapons lowered.

They all heard the commissar's amplified voice, but no one listened. All they listened to was the welcoming songs, all they saw were the welcoming fires.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 11, 2013

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
:siren: WIP WIP WIP WIP :siren:

For the Detektuv’s Jurnal’ some WIP pictures of the M4A1 tanks I'm painting.

First it's time to get the resin model out of the packaging and check if they weren't hosed up during casting. poo poo appears to be looking fine

After assembly it's time to be super smart and first prime them with Army Painter black primer. Then to be even smarter I spray them with Tamiya TS28 Olive Drab 2.

I've already finished one tank to try out how I want them to look, I think I aced it first try.

To get this desired effect I went through the following steps:
1. Prime: Army Painter black primer
2. Base: Tamiya TS28 Olive Drab 2
3. Tracks: Vallejo Black
4. Hull layering: wet brush Vallejo Russian Uniform
5. Wood: Vallejo Mahogany Brown
6. Folded sheets: Vallejo Middlestone
7. Tank hulls don't need no drybrush, yo. So right on to glazing that hull with Vallejo Gloss Varnish
8. Pinwash that thing with AK interactive's AK 045 Enamel Wash: Dark Brown for Green Vehicles to get into the nooks and crannies.
9. Rain can be terrible for little tanks. So time to simulate some dripping with AK 024 Dark Streaking Grime.
10. Rust is a natural by product of rain so get some rust effects on here and there with AK 046 Enamel Wash: Light Rust for Green Vehicles.
11. But tanks drive through the mud cause they like to get dirty so first put some AK 017 Earth Effects on the tracks, lower sides and bottom front/back of the hull. When the enamel on the tracks and bottom is still wet get a brush full of MIG pigment P028 Europe Dust and let it fall where dust would build up. Then get a brush of P034 Russian Mud and get it all up in those tracks and the suspension. Lastly, to simulate fresh mud, mix some Vallejo Gloss Varnish with AK 023 Dark Mud Effect and P034 Russian Mud and get it there where mud would build up.

Only thing left to do is highlight the wooden tools, drybrush the wooden crate and the camo net that's sticking out and highlight+drybrush the folded sheets on the back. One down, four left to go.

WIP pics of my Shoanti Barbarian will be up when I'm done with half of these tiny tanks.

nathonicus
May 2, 2013
I can imagine it's really fun to paint armor on that scale.

Well, it's hard to see that I've done much, but I'm actually pretty stoked to have gotten the guns, pants, and gas mask tubes painted grey and washed, and the blue-grey on the interior of the coats. So far, so good.

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
:gonchar: I, OneTrueBru, oath 5 Dark Angels space marines from GW's Dark Vengeance set! :havlat:

Additional: first ever oath, so Awwww! A Baby!.

(Yes, that is cat litter glued to the bases.) :nyan:

Bit boring, as I just finished painting a bunch of DA stuff, but I've an entire DV boxset to deal with, and hopefully oathing will keep me motivated! Starting small, due to my glacial work-rate.

Also, I know you're all jealous of my state-of-the-art 19" monitor.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

krushgroove posted:

But these guys are easily my favorite!

When I first clicked the thumbnail I thought these guys were tank commanders or something. I had some doubts for a little bit, but now I'm completely certain they are tank commanders.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Under 15 posted:

When I first clicked the thumbnail I thought these guys were tank commanders or something. I had some doubts for a little bit, but now I'm completely certain they are tank commanders.

At first I thought they were in a swimming pool but eventually I worked it out and I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that they aren't in 10mm

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
They are in a swimming pool. They're floating in innertubes.

Edit: They're the "summer set": http://sciborminiatures.com/en_,shop.php?art=1342

JoshTheStampede fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 11, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
My bad, so you can purchase them - but whoever wins these should magnetize them for use on tanks!

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Am I cool to resubmit my oath complete to get sweet, sweet bonus points? I plan to do a little more work on the miniatures as well.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Hey everybody - if you haven't built a lightbox, you really, really should.

Here's the best WIP picture I took last night:

and here's my best WIP pic after making the foamcore lightbox linked in the OP:

Bear in mind that I am terrible at taking pictures, and that I lit this with an overhead light and a hand-held led flashlight, and you should be able to see how much more awesome things will look. I applied the same fixes to each - auto color/contrast/tone.

Also, I should say thanks to TCP Global for rushing me a replacement compressor so I can get that large bastard primed and painted - I almost died along with my compressor worried a whole lot about how the hell I was going to finish without an airbrush to prime anything when it kicked the bucket this Tuesday.

Lastly; a rules question:

I originally oathed these models - they are 10mm Hawk Wargames minis:

There are 6 models total so far. I'm planning on adding infantry to my oath for this month because I realized that I'm scared of painting them and I'll put them off 'till the end unless I make myself do it asap. There are 5 infantry models per stand.

To qualify for the bi-monthly theme draw, how many stands do I need to add to get to the 10-model minimum? I figure it's either 4 stands (6 + 4) or 1 stand (6 + 5), but I don't know which. Thanks for reading (and hopefully answering) my dumb question!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Deanut Pancer posted:

I, Deanut Pancer, oath that I will paint these 3x Ork Nobz from GW. Awwww, it's a baby!

Purgey posted:

I, Purgey, oath 19 Caesar Miniatures Undead (in the jolly old scale of 1/72) :siren:

OneTrueBru posted:

I, OneTrueBru, oath 5 Dark Angels space marines from GW's Dark Vengeance set! Awwww! A Baby!.

Accepted.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
My name is thiswayliesmadness and I'm a recovering Oathaholic. But I'm sure just a little taste won't hurt...

I, thiswayliesmadness, oath that I will paint this Brutal Effigy for Malifaux.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
WIP

Spent some time making a cool base for one of my guys. I am thinking next month that I will oath a Pegasus Knight, make a big cool rock base like this and have him flying over it. Should be fun.

Then I put one of my knights up on the rock. I think it turned out really well.

Getting close to finishing my infantry. All their shields still need to be done though (even the one on the guys back in the picture) as they have a hole in the center that does not like to line up well with the slots available for them. This basically results in me needing to use green stuff to fill in the hole and try to make the shield look flat...

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

IrvingWashington posted:

Hey everybody - if you haven't built a lightbox, you really, really should.

Here's the best WIP picture I took last night:

and here's my best WIP pic after making the foamcore lightbox linked in the OP:

Bear in mind that I am terrible at taking pictures, and that I lit this with an overhead light and a hand-held led flashlight, and you should be able to see how much more awesome things will look. I applied the same fixes to each - auto color/contrast/tone.

Also, I should say thanks to TCP Global for rushing me a replacement compressor so I can get that large bastard primed and painted - I almost died along with my compressor worried a whole lot about how the hell I was going to finish without an airbrush to prime anything when it kicked the bucket this Tuesday.

Lastly; a rules question:

I originally oathed these models - they are 10mm Hawk Wargames minis:

There are 6 models total so far. I'm planning on adding infantry to my oath for this month because I realized that I'm scared of painting them and I'll put them off 'till the end unless I make myself do it asap. There are 5 infantry models per stand.

To qualify for the bi-monthly theme draw, how many stands do I need to add to get to the 10-model minimum? I figure it's either 4 stands (6 + 4) or 1 stand (6 + 5), but I don't know which. Thanks for reading (and hopefully answering) my dumb question!

I'm guessing each infantry guy is really tiny, right? Well considering that each of those tanks or whatever is 'a model' in your size category, then I'd say each stand counts as one so that there's more balance between 'one model'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
I, Pierzak, oath to paint the following 4 monsters: Kraken, Medusa, Cyclops, Minotaur (and the half-finished centaur that doesn't count) in May 2013. They're for the Cyclades boardgame, in the scale of who the gently caress knows.

(the cyclops is primed white, the rest are bare, the dark spots on the Kraken are green stuff.)

• Locked thread