Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Wait, what do all the other cyber-priests think of a new cyber-priest suddenly existing? A gopher-man obviously doesn't belong, but a new thing-what-makes-sense-in-this-reality but has no connection to the reality doesn't belong either. "Who is this guy? I didn't go to cyber-seminary with him."

They would consider it a miracle that the caveman find Christ through the Cyberpapacy and became a cyberpriest.

After all, the backstory of the Cyberpapacy is that they didn't start off with this technology: their original homeworld was a Dark Ages theocracy that was still geocentric and the most advanced weapon was the blunderbuss. The High Lord's brief encounter with a traveler from a cyberpunk reality caused him to rethink his technology bias, so he jumpstarted his reality's tech level. So, you have folks with a medieval mindset but they know how to work computers, use automatic weapons and laser guns, and implant cybernetics.

Transformed people are really interesting, metaphysics rules be damned. For another example, the President of the U.S. in TORG is supposedly attending an United Nations session and is caught in the invasion of the Living Land, the dinosaur-caveman reality. There's a comment that the last anyone saw of him is that he was leading a tribe inside transformed New York City. Now, if you saw him as a Core Earth person ("our" reality), you'd recognize him as the President. If you were a transformed person in the Living Land, however, you would still have those memories of him as being the President, but since your concept of society doesn't go above the familial and tribal level (because that's what that reality can support) and have no concept of what a nation-state is and how the electoral system works, you would just recognize him by saying "he lead big tribe".

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Angela Christine posted:

Wait, what do all the other cyber-priests think of a new cyber-priest suddenly existing? A gopher-man obviously doesn't belong, but a new thing-what-makes-sense-in-this-reality but has no connection to the reality doesn't belong either. "Who is this guy? I didn't go to cyber-seminary with him."
If I recall correctly, the ... wait a minute, Young Freud beat me on the next page :( And his description gets into a lot of the fun things about how TORG translated mechanics into story. Yes, you would not remember going to Cyber-Seminary with Vurgda the Enlightened Cybergopher, but his personality and memories would now adapt themselves to the new reality, such that his life in treehouses and barely making fire would seem like an extended personal religious pilgrimage that had been planned all along, or something along those lines. Basically being absorbed gave you creative license to make, within the axes of the new reality (rated as Magic, Spiritual, Sociological, and Technological limits), your backstory fit your new life.

So if the Mechanical Sphinx were himself a character ... if he entered the Living Lands, where technological reality does not allow anything more complex than the wheel to reliably function, it might turn out that deep down he was a living creature encased inside ... strange, hard, shiny, box! Mechspinks smash box! Climb out of box for first time! Mechspinks happy to be home with lizard friends.

(Or the Gamemaster would just say that you were now dead since machines do not work there, either way)

BEST GAME EVER

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
Torg was always a game I wanted to play but never got around to buying, much less failing to get anyone to play. (One day I will run Paranoia or Ghostbusters. One day. :smith:)

It just seemed like this boss rear end thing to 15 year old me. And not with the Palladium system so bonus there. (Though I did run a Rifts campaign in the Navy. I got derailed by Dark/Antiquities era Magic. I am not sure which game was the worse decision..)

This was a great update that makes me want to buy more nerd crap I do not need.

Thanks a lot guys.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

It's that time again!

Steve has another wonderful toolkit for today's busy DM. No time to come up with a fantastical magic treasure? Players tired of pawning off yet another boring nameless +2 longsword?

No worries, with just one click Steve's toolkit will generate an incredible and unique item that's sure to please even the most lore-hungry bard!

Edit: it could use some tweaking, though. I rolled up that folk-art tower shield like five times and now the whole party has them.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
My broken clock seemed severely underpowered - it could only be used twice per day!

elpintogrande
Sep 3, 2000

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Edit: it could use some tweaking, though. I rolled up that folk-art tower shield like five times and now the whole party has them.

We just put that one in there 15 times because we're really into outsider art.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Does the hot anime babe statue count as an exotic weapon when wielded?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
And yet another post:

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/dungeons-and-dragons/rifts-cover-art.php

And did anyone else get the feeling that Rifts as heavily trying to imitate Rob Liefeld?

Also, my copy of World Book Africa had a different cover than the one pictured. I feel cheated now.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
That's not Emperor Karl Prosek, that's just some dude who blundered into a super computer facility with a computer brain named ARCHIE. :colbert:

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Dr. Clockwork posted:

That's not Emperor Karl Prosek, that's just some dude who blundered into a super computer facility with a computer brain named ARCHIE. :colbert:

Professor X and Magneto did the fusion dance and are guarded by terminators physically based on Robert Z'Dar.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am going to laugh forever about the exchange pondering the existence of a "little skeleton guy" who puts cute saddles together for the skeleton overlord versus things just falling into place.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Steve and Zack address the ongoing shitstorm about Exalted

I was a backer of that KS until three days ago, when the Abyssals PDF was posted and i must congratulate both of them for taking this situation out of the Exalted thread on TradGames and addressing it to more people out there. More people who should do like me and loving bail out of the Rape Ghost Train.

ASMR Yodeling
Nov 16, 2008

So tingly!
Holy shitballs, that is nuts. I've never played Exalted, but I was always under the impression that the genre was "anime superheroes in fantasy land." Did it have this stuff from the beginning, or did it soak it in from other White Wolf products, like a sponge dropped in a toilet?

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
Jesus H. tapdancing Christ on a pogo stick, what the gently caress happened to White Wolf?

Let me address this from the perspective of a crusty old gamer. In the 70's, there came D&D. D&D was awesome, but it carried the stigma of being a game for nerds. Now, we all know that D&D players weren't all socially awkward geeks, but still, we hid the Monster Manual under our textbooks when the jocks walked by. In the 80's D&D and it's bazillion offshoots became somewhat more mainstream, but the aroma of nerdiness still lingered.

Then came the 90's, and White Wolf came on the scene... and they were actually cool. No loving elves and dwarves saying "Merry meet, sirrah!" but vampires, werewolves, and badass mages wearing mirrorshades. At the gaming store I wasted my twenties hanging out in, there was a WW group meeting every night, and they all had a waiting list. Best of all was the live action, which you pretty much had to be friends with the store owners to have a chance of getting in. Suddenly, gamers were the cool kids.

And now... WTF??? Topless necromancers? Rape spells? The latest Exalted is written blatantly to pander to 300lb spergs who have never said anything to a real, live girl other than "are you going to finish those nachos?" What the hell happened?

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

What the gently caress what the?

I actually played an Exalted campaign one year ago, it was a fun experiment with a guy who really wanted to DM something other then our usual Seven Suns/Deadlands gatherings.
Even though the whole anime thing and I have a understanding going "I don't burn it as long as it does not enter my house and try to talk to my children", it was not so bad, we had a couple of laughs and everyone went home satisfied we had a chance to enjoy something different that did not suck. I might even say that it warmed me up a bit to the whole Anime thing and for a while I thought that not all of the japaneese cartoons are filled with boobs and teenage girls with voices that only certain dogs could hear.

That is, until I read the article :toot:. I'm quite happy to be proven right (Even after a lenghty period of time) and proclaim from the highest mountain "This is poo poo! Stop buying poo poo! It only gets more people to crap all over good paper".

JerksNeedLoveToo
Nov 12, 2006

Gynovore posted:

Then came the 90's, and White Wolf came on the scene... and they were actually cool. No loving elves and dwarves saying "Merry meet, sirrah!" but vampires, werewolves, and badass mages wearing mirrorshades. At the gaming store I wasted my twenties hanging out in, there was a WW group meeting every night, and they all had a waiting list. Best of all was the live action, which you pretty much had to be friends with the store owners to have a chance of getting in. Suddenly, gamers were the cool kids.

This is really the most infuriating part about this rape garbage White Wolf published (and is apparently attempting to continue to publish).

With poo poo like F.A.T.A.L., it's almost understandable. Fringe bullshit written by an author stuck in a 13 year-old boy's mindset. Certainly not excusable, but understandable. And after all, no one but the creator is ever going to run a game where you have to roll on a chart to determine the size of an NPC's butthole.

White Wolf was as close to mainstream as RPGs are ever going to get, and there's still a lot of goodwill towards them even now, as evidenced by their Kickstarter. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that their official products should have rapey poo poo in them. It was a terrible idea when they published it the first time, it's a worse idea now. These are supposed to be professional writers, artists and game designers, not some neckbeard in a basement. Worse, it gives the impression that all their players are assholes, too, for supporting and playing their product.

Utterly unacceptable. They deserve every ounce of mockery and vitriol they get.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I can almost see where they were coming from. These are the bad guys. These are the worst guys. In a dark world full of monsters, these are the guys that make the other monsters go "woah, that's hosed up". They are doing things much worse than merely eating people. So the writers wrack their brains imagining the very worst things they can think up. Then they start writing rules for making them player characters. No. Just no. The worst things can only exist as antagonists to be destroyed, and even then the exact nature of their horribleness should be left vague.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
You know, when I GM a game, I like to build a world, and I like that world to be detailed (perhaps too much so) and have an elaborate cosmology with really Olympian style pantheons that people in the game world write and retell epic sagas and myths about, because it makes everything feel so much more real and believable to me.

But you know what I do not, and would never even try to do? Explain in loving detail with professional illustrations all of the evil, awful, and horrible wickedness that exists in that world, or that world's version of hell. WHY WOULD ANYBODY NEED TO SEE THIS? Why would anybody want to see it? Or read about it? Or know about it, if they had the option to not know about it? Yeah, evil exists as a consequence of morality, and evil, horrible, terrible things happen in myth, in life, and in the myths and lives of game worlds which bother to include things like 'evil' as a concept.

Why glorify it? Why dwell on the particulars? Isn't it enough to say that it's there, and really really awful, and you should be lucky enough to never have to think about it, let alone encounter it? Can't you just say "These here are the heights of goodness and rightness in the game world, and here is some detail about that stuff. Now if you can imagine the exact opposite of that, you would be close to having an idea of what evil is like in the game underworld, so you know, do whatever you can to stop it whenever you can."? Can't we just abstract purest, grossest, evil as a concept, and leave it at that? What use is any of this specificity?

You know what? If this game wants to include Lovecraftian horrors in it's mythos, why can't it take a lesson from Lovecraft and leave the nature of that horror unspeakable or indescribable or so alien as to defy rational minds the power of comprehending it? IT'S A VERY EFFECTIVE DEVICE FOR CONVEYING THAT SOMETHING IS AWFUL, AND THIS IS WHY LOVECRAFT WAS A HORROR GENIUS TO BEGIN WITH, YOU MORONS! It is infinitely more useful, productive, and effective than bogging down the game system/world with the particulars of your demonic child-rape-mother-sister, with illustrations. Yeah, maybe you use this stuff to add specific "color" and "flavor" to your game's world, WW et all. But in doing so, you have both colored and flavored your game as "pure garbage."

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 30, 2013

Comrade Kirov
Sep 12, 2012

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

You know what? If this game wants to include Lovecraftian horrors in it's mythos, why can't it take a lesson from Lovecraft and leave the nature of that horror unspeakable or indescribable or so alien as to defy rational minds the power of comprehending it? IT'S A VERY EFFECTIVE DEVICE FOR CONVEYING THAT SOMETHING IS AWFUL, AND THIS IS WHY LOVECRAFT WAS A HORROR GENIUS TO BEGIN WITH, YOU MORONS!
See, this is something I cannot agree 100% with you, while it's true that quite a large part of horror remained hidden from the narrative, Lovecraft did weave in a lot of grotesque into his books, and considering the time they were written it was some heavy stuff. Books bound in skins of humans anyone?

The thing to differentiate here is justifiable grotesque imagery and sexual exploitation in guise of grotesque.

While Lovecraft might have written about an ancient book holding secrets no mortal could ever read and remain sane bound in the skin of men, he'd certainly not add to it "Oh and also, it's a skin of a 12 year old girl, and just so happens to be taken from her vagina. But it's cool guys since it's edgy and what adults do".

Grotesque is quite an amazing narrative device, but as everything else it requires tact and actual comprehension. If you approach it with the mindset of an avarage fedora aficionado, this is what you end up with. Disgusting idiocy that does not convey anything.

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
It might be glass houses since I own Hunter-Book: Wayward and once owned Montreal By Night, two other White Wolf Very Mature Books For Mature Readers About Mature Things, but that last page is hosed up and ridiculous and awful.

It's one thing to have a footnote in the back of a book in the antagonist section about "hey, this one evil were-dinosaur does horrible poo poo involving kids, that's all you need to know" but it's another thing to painstakingly describe heinous reprehensible goings on and slap some mechanics on it for good measure, and it's a whole other category of thing entirely to illustrate it.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

JerksNeedLoveToo posted:

White Wolf was as close to mainstream as RPGs are ever going to get, and there's still a lot of goodwill towards them even now, as evidenced by their Kickstarter. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever that their official products should have rapey poo poo in them. It was a terrible idea when they published it the first time, it's a worse idea now. These are supposed to be professional writers, artists and game designers, not some neckbeard in a basement. Worse, it gives the impression that all their players are assholes, too, for supporting and playing their product.

How the gently caress did that ever happen because the general impression I have had of White Wolf is that this stupidity masking as edginess is the endemic to their writing?

quote:

While Lovecraft might have written about an ancient book holding secrets no mortal could ever read and remain sane bound in the skin of men, he'd certainly not add to it "Oh and also, it's a skin of a 12 year old girl, and just so happens to be taken from her vagina. But it's cool guys since it's edgy and what adults do".
Actually for the longest of times I actually had a red text avatar that was copied from a White Wolf game (Vampire I believe) that pretty much word for word was what you just wrote.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 30, 2013

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Wow that got dark and hosed up really fast. What the hell is wrong with white wolf?

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Wow that got dark and hosed up really fast. What the hell is wrong with white wolf?

No idea. I was way into White Wolf back in high school, and everything up until page 5 is par for the course when it comes to their gross "adults only" label (Black Dog) that kind of feasibly had a place in a hosed up horror game, but page 5 and onward is new hosed up territory for me.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ellbent posted:

No idea. I was way into White Wolf back in high school, and everything up until page 5 is par for the course when it comes to their gross "adults only" label (Black Dog) that kind of feasibly had a place in a hosed up horror game, but page 5 and onward is new hosed up territory for me.

It was all like demon boobs and sex ghosts, which was weird enough, but in a kind of boneheaded teenage way. Then BAM like the motherload of hosed up poo poo.

edit: seriously white wolf deserve to get a disease that makes them all need to get injections in their dicks for the rest of their lives

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 31, 2013

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar
Wait is that comic part of the official PDF or is it something else? I have no interest in looking at it, but did WW actually make that comic or was it part of something else?

I just can't bring myself to believe that they would write or illustrate something like that. All the boobs and rape spells and whatever else, yeah, but that comic?

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Direwolf posted:

Wait is that comic part of the official PDF or is it something else? I have no interest in looking at it, but did WW actually make that comic or was it part of something else?

I just can't bring myself to believe that they would write or illustrate something like that. All the boobs and rape spells and whatever else, yeah, but that comic?

WW did make it. It was in a book describing a faction of player characters. The passage quoted is just one of several bits about her. Including that player characters are expected to participate in gang-raping her.

A gamer posted:

I always wonder if someone's gonna go to jail some day for having a copy of the Infernals hardback, given that people have gone to jail for having porn comics featuring underaged characters. (Your jurisdiction's laws may vary.) The book does pretty thoroughly put that eternally-raped eternally-orgasming eternally-giving-birth 12 year old front-and-center.

Holden Shearer posted:

Probably not, since it doesn't look like a kid.

It's not kiddy porn if she's a fattie guys!

Snollygoster
Dec 17, 2002

what a scoop
The Exalted: Abyssals book has a war machine that player characters can make. It's a fat lady corpse that fires exploding dead babies out of its distended womb.

EDIT: No. You know what? Here, see for yourself.

Snollygoster fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 31, 2013

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Gynovore posted:

And now... WTF??? Topless necromancers? Rape spells? The latest Exalted is written blatantly to pander to 300lb spergs who have never said anything to a real, live girl other than "are you going to finish those nachos?" What the hell happened?

This has always existed in White Wolf and it's nostalgia mixed with things genuinely getting worse. The Giovanni Chronicles had player character abducting children for pedophile vampires to rape and eat (in graphic detail), rape orgies, and other outright creepy and nasty poo poo. And that's just one supplement. Fatal and Friends has the downlow on a few of the others.

Things got worse for awhile, but under CCP things looked like they where getting better. Vampire the Requiem new supplments ditched creepy poo poo and Masquerade reboots ditched stupid poo poo and creepy poo poo.

Undead Unicorn fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 31, 2013

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Snollygoster posted:

The Exalted: Abyssals book has a war machine that player characters can make. It's a fat lady corpse that fires exploding dead babies out of its distended womb.

EDIT: No. You know what? Here, see for yourself.

And someone said "yeah, I'm the author of that, put my name on it and publish it!" loving incredible.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Zack posted:

This is a real thing. The "comedy" supplement nobody was asking for. How would gods have sex?

As I recall, didn't they release some of that... artwork Zack and Steve featured as an "April Fools Day" gag, and when enough people responded positively, they released an entire supplement?

It still loving galls me that someone really thought that Infernals was in any way an acceptable book to put out, and that this new company has decided to dig down ever further.

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 31, 2013

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I wonder if the Romans had to put up with poo poo like this when their empire was on the wane.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Undead Unicorn posted:

This has always existed in White Wolf and it's nostalgia mixed with things genuinely getting worse. The Giovanni Chronicles had player character abducting children for pedophile vampires to rape and eat (in graphic detail), rape orgies, and other outright creepy and nasty poo poo. And that's just one supplement. Fatal and Friends has the downlow on a few of the others.

Things got worse for awhile, but under CCP things looked like they where getting better. Vampire the Requiem new supplments ditched creepy poo poo and Masquerade reboots ditched stupid poo poo and creepy poo poo.

That's the real tragedy. For the first two weeks i was a huge supporter of the Exalted 3E KS because until then they looked like they'd take out all the creepy sex poo poo, make the game's ridiculous fighting rules less clunky and complicated and make the game something you don't have to cherry pick all the non-horrible parts to have fun like the Exalted games people play here in the Forums. The whole abyssals thing and how Holden and the writers just hosed up things even worse with their non-apologies killed the great enthusiasm i had for it. :sigh:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
The White Wolf forums have weighed in on this week's WTF,DND? feature. 460+ responses, almost all of which are some combination of angry, wounded, smug, paranoid, defiant, defensive, and blubbering. The best are being tracked over in the grognards.txt thread in our Traditional Games forum. Here's a taste:

quote:

I don't want to be paranoid, but it smells as if some group of trolls is trying to stop Exalted from becoming the most funded RPG at this point.

Basically more rubbish trying to bring down Exalted for no particular reason other then causing a stir. Why this doesn't get old fast, I do not understand.

*sigh*
Want to know whats worst about this "outrage"?
That's it only ever about superficial stuff like this and that the people who get "outraged" like this don't give a drat about actual rape culture.

By those guys logic, a book that tells a rape-victims story in realistic detail would also be bad and pro-rape.

Well, they've done better. Lots of repetition of unfunny things like it's meant to be funny, lovely snark, random comparisons (they're not off the wall and unusual connections, just random and unfunny) and lame sub Penny Arcade guys (and that's kind of going pretty low anyway) style "Oh gay stuff so gross out" humor.

I mean, I'm someone who thinks "goon" is a pejorative and "Something Awful" is an accurate descriptor. That any of those sites have anything positive to offer humanity is at the least highly suspect.

Still, I'm sure to you, those guys are the Yahtzee of RPGs or somesuch. To me they're half-clever amateurs and cutrate propagandists. And they're going out of their way to abuse something I love.

And on and on and on.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

FMguru posted:

The White Wolf forums have weighed in on this week's WTF,DND? feature. 460+ responses, almost all of which are some combination of angry, wounded, smug, paranoid, defiant, defensive, and blubbering. The best are being tracked over in the grognards.txt thread in our Traditional Games forum. Here's a taste:

And on and on and on.
How can you post all of that and not post this?

And yes, as his signature suggests he is one of the writers responsible.

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Plutonis posted:

That's the real tragedy. For the first two weeks i was a huge supporter of the Exalted 3E KS because until then they looked like they'd take out all the creepy sex poo poo, make the game's ridiculous fighting rules less clunky and complicated and make the game something you don't have to cherry pick all the non-horrible parts to have fun like the Exalted games people play here in the Forums. The whole abyssals thing and how Holden and the writers just hosed up things even worse with their non-apologies killed the great enthusiasm i had for it. :sigh:

gently caress, I'll be the first to admit they almost fooled me too. I posted tentative interest in backing it because it seemed free of the creepy and dumb poo poo that eventually got me to quit second edition and made me hesitant to even play in games here where that poo poo ain't allowed.

God Chronicles, Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition, the Requiem supplements released outside of kickstarter, and Werewolf the Apocalypse made it seem like they learned their lesson. Exalted: The Infernals and Changeling the Dreaming would never happen again. Their preview and what not made it seem like they yes, indeed yes they indeed did learn their lesson. I was ready to pony up some serious cash for this.

But gently caress no, we get Rape Charm Tree. gently caress you White Wolf.

Undead Unicorn fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 31, 2013

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

FMguru posted:

And on and on and on.

Shithead on the White Wolf Forums posted:

*sigh*
Want to know whats worst about this "outrage"?
That's it only ever about superficial stuff like this and that the people who get "outraged" like this don't give a drat about actual rape culture.

By those guys logic, a book that tells a rape-victims story in realistic detail would also be bad and pro-rape.

Yep, this is, if anything, superficial.

And I really don't want to know what this person's definition of "realistic detail" is.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Nucleic Acids posted:

I really don't want to know what this person's definition of "realistic detail" is.

Whatever it is, I bet you need to feed it a baby to reload it. :suicide:

My god, I've had some serious horrible shoved into my eye sockets on this grand adventure that is the internet, but this is the first (made up) thing in a long time to actually make me feel physicall ill. Someone had to think of it, then they had to write it, then other people had to read it and approve it, and even more people than all the rest combined paid money for it and liked it. All of those things happened. All of them.

My loving god.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I would genuinely like to have a meeting with the person who thinks criticizing this is ignoring the real problem, "rape culture," of which this book is obviously not in any tiny way a part.

I must discover the terrible secret of cognitive dissonance.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
I've never played Exalted, but I had heard a little about it. From what I had gathered it was a game to play if you wanted to be Son Goku (either of them), and all the ridiculous monsters in the Immortals Handbook were things you could reasonably be expected to square off with.

But no, it's about rape ghosts, I guess. Really, it's more my fault for not knowing better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I was having a nice time until page 10. Uuuuugh.

• Locked thread