Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
I'm trying to unlock the Aces Superpack and Triple pack but it won't let me :/ anyone else having this problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Samara posted:

100% agree, I didn't even see this one coming and it's very, very good.

Fantasy Flight, make XWing out of this engine!!

I am really excited about getting home and spending money on this.

Also, I paid the IAP for Space Agency to give me everything I want in Free Flight, and I absolutely love it. Best money I ever spent in my life.

I also have LW to play... I haven't even started with that one yet.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

In free mode I want to go to the moon, land on it, then take off. It seems like that would be impossible due to the sheer weight of it all. How do I do this? 2 ships? How does that work?

What do you have unlocked? You'll need the Lunar Lander unlocked to land on the moon without self-destructing.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

SquadronROE posted:

I am really excited about getting home and spending money on this.

You are in for a treat. I can't wait to try this on my iPad and not my phone at work.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Mozi posted:

I uninstalled Tapped Out, it became a chore. There is literally no "play" aspect at all, at least with Tribez (also became a chore, also uninstalled) there is a supply and production management aspect, and Clash of Clans has attack and defense. The only good thing about Tapped Out is how overt it is in making fun of you for spending time and money on a game with no game aspects whatsoever. Also it's slow, stuttery and glitchy on the new iPad.

Something about it scratches my sperg, even if there actually isn't a game in there somewhere. It's the collecting and organizing thing about it I think. But I would never spend a cent of real money on IAPs.

Also wasted most of my free donuts by fatfingering speeding up tax on houses and crap like that until I found that you can actually make it prompt before spending donuts.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Necroneocon posted:

I'm trying to unlock the Aces Superpack and Triple pack but it won't let me :/ anyone else having this problem?

This happened to me too. I ended up force closing the app and then buying everything from the store link on the main menu, rather than the one at the airfield. Don't know whether it was restarting or doing it from the main menu that made it work, but it did ultimately work.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Samara posted:

You are in for a treat. I can't wait to try this on my iPad and not my phone at work.

Is the network play not implemented yet? All I see is a button to "download the latest version" which opens an App Store link to reveal that I am already fully updated.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
No multiplayer works for me on Ace Patrol.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Paradoxish posted:

You guys, Ace Patrol is really good. Like, after twenty minutes, this has just shot up to the top of my favorite iPad games of all time list. It's extremely reminiscent of Wings of War/X-wing Miniatures, with what seems like a really great little campaign system where your pilots levels up, gain new maneuvers, and earn upgrades that you can assign to their planes. The campaigns also appear to be either partially randomized or at least branching in some way, as you get to choose between multiple offensive and defensive missions which seem to affect how the front moves.

The IAP stuff is extremely fair as well. The only consumables are cheats, and you can spend around $5 to unlock all the actual content. There's also a $5 ace pack that just unlocks a bunch of pilots with special abilities.

It bummed me out a lot when I found out I couldn't play in on my ipod :(

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

DrManiac posted:

It bummed me out a lot when I found out I couldn't play in on my ipod :(

Is it an old one or something? Because it works on my 4S with ios6, it's not iPad-only or anything.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

bobfather posted:

What do you have unlocked? You'll need the Lunar Lander unlocked to land on the moon without self-destructing.

I bought everything. I'm just wondering how to make a rocket that will bring everything I need with me. Basically, what parts did you need to bring up to do a moon landing/takeoff?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

I bought everything. I'm just wondering how to make a rocket that will bring everything I need with me. Basically, what parts did you need to bring up to do a moon landing/takeoff?

Easiest way would be to build a Saturn V.

I think it's:

S5 1st stage + Large-Large connector + S5 2nd stage + S5 3rd stage + Lower LAM + Upper LAM + S5 Fairing + Apollo Service Module + Dockable Crew Module + Escape Tower

Otherwise, you'd need to build 2 Large/Medium rockets - one to lift the LAM into orbit around Earth and one to lift the Service+Crew module into Earth orbit. Then assemble them in orbit and blast off to the Moon.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.
I played through literally only 2 missions in Ace Patrol and bought the All Nation's Superpack or whatever the "Unlock all the content for $5" thing is. This game is... ace!

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

goferchan posted:

Is it an old one or something? Because it works on my 4S with ios6, it's not iPad-only or anything.

They made a requirement that the device have a compass.

I think that removes a lot of old iPods

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Anyone beat one of these "Ace v Ace" missions yet?

Freaking Germans are tough bastards in 1on1 combat.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Whoever recommended Soccer Superstar 11 made a good call. I am having a blast with it so far, too bad it looks like its no longer free. The only problem I'm having is coming from my Vita and 3DS XL, this 4S screen is starting to look smaller and smaller. The next iPhone can't get here fast enough. I feel like in starting to hoard games just to play them once I get a bigger screen.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Details on the Junk Jack sequel have been announced.

https://pixbits.wordpress.com/2013/05/09/announcing-junk-jack-x/

:fap:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Looks good, but I could never get into Junk Jack because it was way too zoomed in on an iPhone. Zooming out made it hard to play and zooming in made it also hard to play.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Bummey posted:

Looks good, but I could never get into Junk Jack because it was way too zoomed in on an iPhone. Zooming out made it hard to play and zooming in made it also hard to play.

I was never bothered by that until I played it on my iPad, now I cant go back to playing it on a phone.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Paradoxish posted:

This happened to me too. I ended up force closing the app and then buying everything from the store link on the main menu, rather than the one at the airfield. Don't know whether it was restarting or doing it from the main menu that made it work, but it did ultimately work.

This is what I ended up doing. I actually have purchased the American campaign twice now, since in some sort of semi-work daze I bought it separately after the first campaign, then bought them all at once. I probably should have paid a little more attention / waited till after work, but I'm enjoying this game quite a bit.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

With Apple's new policy about non-widescreen apps not being allowed to be updated, I hope this doesn't screw up DJMax Ray because it's not widescreen but it includes new song packs with each update.

Maybe it'll just force them to make it widescreen, I hope?

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

devilmouse posted:

I played through literally only 2 missions in Ace Patrol and bought the All Nation's Superpack or whatever the "Unlock all the content for $5" thing is. This game is... ace!

I more or less did the same thing. I got to the first mission where it allows you to choose which mission you fly next, and started desperately looking for a way to throw money at 2k. This really is a phenomenal little game.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine
Ace Patrol loving owns bones. I need to get the IAP thing to work. Let me give you money!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

But... but... he said he was only working on Junk Jack to pay the bills while he finished his Master of Magic remake. :ohdear:

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

JazzFlight posted:

With Apple's new policy about non-widescreen apps not being allowed to be updated, I hope this doesn't screw up DJMax Ray because it's not widescreen but it includes new song packs with each update.

Where can I find this new policy?

JazzFlight posted:

Where's that new policy? Sounds interesting.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wow, Junk Jack X looks like a proper sequel. How awesome. I didn't ADORE the first one, but it was before I played Terraria and Deepworld and Blockheads and the like, so I feel like I may have a better appreciation for it now.

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Not sure if this has been posted before, but here is a look at the new towers and heroes in the sequel to Kingdom Rush. I'm thinking it will be released some time this month.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/23/the-new-towers-and-heroes-in-kingdom-rush-frontiers-preview/

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
Jumping on the Ace Patrol train, I beat the free campaign section or whatever and I've already bought all the campaigns.

Really well-realized iOS game, type of game that really works well on an iPhone and it has a lot of polish.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So, not surprising, and I'm not really a Zynga fan anyway, but Running With Friends feels like a ripoff of that Subway Runners game in its more specific aesthetic.

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

io_burn posted:

I seriously do not understand the appeal of Puzzle & Dragon. I just downloaded it after seeing the spreadsheet of presumably intelligent people spending upwards of $1,000 in the game? Is this the right thing? It's like some weird non-iPhone 5 widescreen free to play Pokemon-ish puzzle RPG with a matching mechanic where you can move any piece anywhere on the board? What the gently caress?

It's a Skinner box disguised as a game. There are lots of timed and variable reward cycles designed to give players little bits of rewards for everything they do and keep them playing. To be fair, it does require both more tactical ability in manipulating the gem board and strategic thought in picking teams than you might think at first glance.

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Summer can't come soon enough! Hurry up XCOM port!

As much as I try to tell myself that I bought my iPad for the multitude of things it can do, I really bought it after it was announced that XCOM was coming to the iPad.

I am so very excited about this. And a little worried for myself.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Where can I find this new policy?

Where's that new policy? Sounds interesting.
I wish I could find definitive evidence of it. I've seen it mentioned on the net somewhere in the last month and I was reminded about it in the Junk Jack blog link above.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

goferchan posted:

Is the network play not implemented yet? All I see is a button to "download the latest version" which opens an App Store link to reveal that I am already fully updated.

I'm getting this too. I really want to play some MP in this game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm getting this too. I really want to play some MP in this game.

I think it's pretty safe to assume its just unimplemented. Here's hoping they do it well, though, because the core game is really good. It was getting a little stale and I decided to up the difficulty; the enemies don't seem to give or take more or less damage or have increased HP but instead they basically play smarter. That's that poo poo I like

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
:siren: free game round up :siren:

Carmageddon - If you have to ask... http://appshopper.com/games/carmageddon-2

Tiny Troopers 2 - The first game was pretty good and this one looks to be, too. http://appshopper.com/games/tiny-troopers-2-special-ops

Shellrazer - gun turtle http://appshopper.com/games/shellrazer

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Also, Mushroom Wars (iPad only) http://appshopper.com/games/mushroom-wars

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

PFlats posted:

But... but... he said he was only working on Junk Jack to pay the bills while he finished his Master of Magic remake. :ohdear:

Wait what the gently caress? Did this guy actually manage to track down and acquire the rights to MoM? A MoM remake/sequel would be wonderful.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

bobfather posted:

Easiest way would be to build a Saturn V.

I think it's:

S5 1st stage + Large-Large connector + S5 2nd stage + S5 3rd stage + Lower LAM + Upper LAM + S5 Fairing + Apollo Service Module + Dockable Crew Module + Escape Tower

Otherwise, you'd need to build 2 Large/Medium rockets - one to lift the LAM into orbit around Earth and one to lift the Service+Crew module into Earth orbit. Then assemble them in orbit and blast off to the Moon.

What's a LAM?
E: and Apollo service module?

Dr. Video Games 0050 fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 10, 2013

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

What's a LAM?
E: and Apollo service module?
LM or Lunar Module. It comes in 2 parts, Ascent and Descent, under Payload. Apollo Service Module is a Small Stage part and is what it is but you technically don't need it to make a moon landing.

The Saturn V method is guaranteed to work assuming you have all the parts as that is Mission 16 in a nutshell.

Thwomp posted:

Just wait until the next (or the one after that) mission. Another 10-15 minute mission by sheer virtue of travel times.

Send two probes to the green planet (by way of the moon) so avoid colliding enroute. One is a dish and somehow has to be pointed at whatever landing area you choose for the other probe (atmosphere entry with no parachutes). Keep the atmo probe upright so it "transmits" data to the dish probe.

I have no idea what it's asking me to do. Maybe put the dish in a geosynchronous orbit and put the atmo probe right down under it? The instructions are non-existent.
Currently stuck on this which is Mission 18. I'll update if I figure it out but I got as far as putting the survey satellite in orbit around Green and pointing it at the planet properly, then getting the atmospheric probe into "splashdown". I wasn't particular about where it went into atmospheric entry and made it 90% down before the booster controls disappeared and it exploded on impact. No progress on that data upload meter either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

goferchan posted:

Oh my god, Ace Patrol is great. Looks to be pretty playable as a "free" game, too, although you have to pay to unlock extra nationalities/campaigns (which I am about to do right now). There are consumable IAP purchases that allow you to spring your pilots out of POW camp/the hospital early, but take heed if that sets off red flags: their release isn't tied to a timer or anything, they're just locked up for a set number of missions, and it feels like a very natural/appropriate consequence for being downed behind enemy lines. Makes the IAP seem like more of a "cheat" purchase than a freemium timer game thing. I love the core game so far though, here's hoping the multiplayer mode is well-implemented because this would make a GREAT new async fixation for me.

Seconding this, this game is the best. Audio is awful though.

• Locked thread