Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm not asking what to DO against small enemies, obviously I can fudge my way through it, but rather what the warrior has that is as good as the infinity things the other combat classes have to do gainst small, fast tough enemies.

I honestly just did jumping heavy attack. Multiple hits and sends enemy flying for follow up attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Challenger is just the inclination for attacking enemies who used Ranged and Magical attacks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Rascyc posted:

We're talking about the new dire family of dragons?

Yeah, those ones. They are actually quite different, it just seems to me that heart placement is the thing that makes the fire one hardest. Really, once I manage to get a hold of the heart, they're done, barring any unfortunate mishaps. Which fire ones seem to have the greatest gift for pulling off. Ugh, they are the worst.

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
Those new Dire Dragons can be rough. I actually find the Wyvern the easiest of them, since I mostly just shoot it down, stab its heart while down, and repeat since it flies a lot.

The Drake is a tank of HP that loves to be annoying. Clinging to its chest and Dire Gouging/Kissing it(that sounds awesome) is pretty good.

The Wyrm can be worse than it looks, especially if you leveled as any class without good Magic defense(which, well, is most of them.) It doesn't have the Drake's defense or HP, but its spells are loving horribly powerful. I was fighting the Double fight in BBI, and one of them got off a High Gicel without me noticing. It oneshot me(well technically 2-one bounced me and took em down to about 1k from 4k, the next killed me). At level 200 with good gear. They do not gently caress around magically.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Just killed my first Drake, the one over by the Shadow Fort. Took me from morning to morning in game time, god drat. Would have gone cleaner if not for the hobgoblins occasionally jumping in to wreck face. That was a hell of a battle, I am stoked for fighting more dragonkin.

Edit: I now have Dragonforged Throatcutters, which get one well of a boost in power, and Dragonforged...Riveted Coat. Yay?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

gibbed posted:

As long as you don't rest, it won't propagate any changes you've made to your pawn to the servers.

Yeah, I forgot if I rested or not, haha.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I really wish Death had more moves instead of casting sleep ineffectually and the one hit kill since his theme is pretty loving good.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Could someone on PSN use my pawn through BBI? I'm sitting on 2k Rift Crystals and about 100k worth of cursed to purify. My pawn is currently a warrior, decent gear but likes to die a lot. Just trying to level her to 100 for some extra HP before putting her back to Sorcerer. Would also kill for a new staff. (Can this be given without being a sorcerer?)

Edit: What the hell? Does BBI change drastically after I kill Daimon? This game is NEAT!

Aside from mob spawn, does chest loot change as well?

- Got wrecked

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 9, 2013

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I'm pretty sure chest loot gets upgraded (or rather pulls from a slightly higher tier list of randoms), though not the stuff behind the Moonbeam Gem doors.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
That's pretty awesome. Oh and thank god for Tulius being 9 levels higher now! Oh how I've missed you!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Marogareh posted:

I really wish Death had more moves instead of casting sleep ineffectually and the one hit kill since his theme is pretty loving good.

Even worse, if you have your lanterns off before meeting him he won't attack you and will just cast sleep over and over.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RatHat posted:

Even worse, if you have your lanterns off before meeting him he won't attack you and will just cast sleep over and over.

What? :what:

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Speak of Death, still haven't been able to do even a tick of damage to him. It's pretty cool.

Just killed the blue glowing dragon. God drat was he a pain to get on the ground with a terrible bow. Not too bad once I got onto his back though!

And yes, Tulius survived the entire fight. He's a beast, monsters must think he's an rear end in a top hat.

Also, is there anything I can get for you sir goon owner of Tulius?

Ironsolid fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 10, 2013

Azaael
Jan 15, 2013

Coffee?
I tend to keep a 'Death Survival Kit' lying around. This consists of some Peppermint Seeds(to wake up pawns who aren't fully sleep resistant), a pack of 50-60 Blast Arrows(which tear him a new one, hitting him in the face with these knocks him to the ground where I chop him a bit before running back, they do a lot of damage in any case), and some Conqueror's Periapts(a couple boosts damage up even more to hit him even harder). Within very little time I have the bar or so off of him that he takes before he runs away and the pawns are mostly safe(now and then he still manages to kill one though depending).

Beware of the Blast Arrows if Death is over water, though. The Brine don't take too kindly to Death either, and you probably want his loot.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
I'm in post game now and if I didn't open the gates in everfall am I screwed in fighting bosses on some floors?

mirarant
Dec 18, 2012

Post or die

zarron posted:

I'm in post game now and if I didn't open the gates in everfall am I screwed in fighting bosses on some floors?

The everfall is completely different now, you're fine.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

He can't "see" you if you don't have your lanterns on. He'll just go around with his search lantern unless you attack him, and then he'll just cast sleep over and over. Not sure if it's a bug or what.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW

Danith posted:

ARACHNOTRON , I've been using your pawn and I think it's main issue is that the primary inclination is Guardian, which makes it stick close to the arisen and not do much.

Random Hajile, I've also been taking your pawn out for a little bit and gave her some extra stuff I had in my stash

Man sometimes she stays far away from me and hides behind a shield for entire fights and it makes me sad. Guardian is definitely a terrible thing and will be replaced! Probably right now when I throw a neutralization potion at her.

I thank you greatly for this rad mantle and statue. It doesn't appear to work with the Immortal helm though, which seems weird.

e: i will never hammer "come" again even if they start to fight a bunch of enemies that i want to run past

Smarmy Coworker fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 10, 2013

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
Is there any in game way to tell what time it is? Specifically on BBI.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You can tell if it's nighttime with some Assassin augments, but otherwise nope.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...
Just beat the main dragon and im bout to jump into that massive crater… I have a feeling im going to get my poo poo pushed in, i feel like my gear is a bit under leveled. I AM LOVING This magic archer! If anyone has some spare magic archer stuff they wouldn't mind parting with i would gladly trade anything i could for some sick gear. Ive been saving every Material/item in the game i come across so i am willing to share whatever!

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

RatHat posted:

You can tell if it's nighttime with some Assassin augments, but otherwise nope.

Assassin augs don't work in BBI other than autonomy which is bullshit.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

Marogareh posted:

Really? That such bullshit! I was planing to see if I can wreak things as an assassin down there.

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Kalion posted:

Is there any in game way to tell what time it is? Specifically on BBI.

At night the status/equipment menus turn kinda darker.

e: To elaborate the "parchment" that makes up the menus look like they're being illuminated by a lantern.

Troffen fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 10, 2013

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Danith posted:

I released your pawns and rested. Hopefully you both get your stuff (Magnanimous Cloak, forged gold idol and other random gear). I took them through a room of BB which ended up having a giant dog thing which took about an hour to kill because I was trying out mystic knight then we went and plundered the Everfall for awhile.

Also, my favorite class is the Warrior but as someone said above it feels like you pretty much have to be ranged with the latter things so got Mystic Archer filled out and drat it feels overpowered.

I just got the stuff you sent. Thanks! The Feral Cape especially is a good match for the look I'm going for on my Assassin.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
Fighter/warrior armor looks really silly on short characters so I just had to not be a dwarf anymore. I am sad to see you go, littleness.

My Gran Soren innkeeper returned! I guess he fell into the Everfall and died but plot armor or something saved him, unlike other unfortunates. Vocation raising ahoy
e: my pawn has 72,000 discipline what do I do next

Smarmy Coworker fucked around with this message at 01:23 on May 10, 2013

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
I just got this game, and I was wondering; if I use my friends level 200 pawns will it make the game too easy? Do they scale back in level based on my progress? Also, does my pawn level when another player uses it?

My gamer tag is RoshamboX. I only got as far as the well quest in the first town before I had to go to work. Game looks very promising so far.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Roshambo posted:

I just got this game, and I was wondering; if I use my friends level 200 pawns will it make the game too easy? Do they scale back in level based on my progress? Also, does my pawn level when another player uses it?

My gamer tag is RoshamboX. I only got as far as the well quest in the first town before I had to go to work. Game looks very promising so far.

The game is pretty easy already but yes level 200 pawns would be one-shotting everything you would fight in the story. There's also an exp penalty for using pawns too high above your level.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Marogareh posted:

They got pretty severely nerfed though. The two big ones only give 20% boost in strength now.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Thanks for that mace, it's slightly ridiculous compared to my pawn's current!

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Assassin Augments do work in Bitterblack but time progresses normally as it does on Gransys while you're in Bitterblack, and resting doesn't affect time. If you want night-time augments to work in Bitterblack surefire, then just leave, rest til night outside of the Isle, and then return, it will work, until then, you're just waiting for time to naturally progress until you gain that boost again.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

titties. it took me a few tries but I managed to get the gear you sent back with Cersei. For some reason I kept getting a failure to connect to server message and the gear would vanish. But any time I slept at an inn the game would treat Cersei as if she was coming back from you again, so eventually it took.

Thanks a bunch!

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

So Tulius and I are mounting a poison undead getting ready to swap to a litch. All of a sudden, it turns around, dies, we detach and then fall to our deaths. Oh MAN.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I have the best outfit.

Also, my first attempt at an animated gif :v:

edit: now I need a nice action shot with pawns to do this on

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Just picked up the expansion and started a new character, if anyone would like to take a level 18 (and climbing) Strider Pawn out for a spin I'd be grateful for the Rift Crystals, I couldn't get any of the bonuses for having an original game save since I forgot I had an NA copy and my Dark Arisen copy is EU :argh:

PSNID is Prism_Pink, guess I should put myself on the spreadsheet too! I'll take out goon Pawns when I've got some more levels on me.

VVV Thanks, man! I'll return the favour :)

LeafyGreens fucked around with this message at 03:34 on May 10, 2013

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...

Prism_Pink posted:

Just picked up the expansion and started a new character, if anyone would like to take a level 18 (and climbing) Strider Pawn out for a spin I'd be grateful for the Rift Crystals, I couldn't get any of the bonuses for having an original game save since I forgot I had an NA copy and my Dark Arisen copy is EU :argh:

PSNID is Prism_Pink, guess I should put myself on the spreadsheet too! I'll take out goon Pawns when I've got some more levels on me.

When i get home i will do this! To get rift crystals i just play with your character right? Or do i need to complete missions? (sorry noob)

Ill be on in 1hr

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

bonzaisushi posted:

When i get home i will do this! To get rift crystals i just play with your character right? Or do i need to complete missions? (sorry noob)

Ill be on in 1hr

As pawns gain experience with someone, they'll accrue some percentage of that as Rift Crystals, so just play with them and whenever they're expelled from the party by way of falling into water/pit/you releasing them, the Rift Crystals will find their way back to the owner. For you to get Rift crystals, you will need your pawn hired in this manner and you can also find Rift Crystal items from enemies, but Bitterblack offers the better options. Even if your pawn is not being used, the game does simulate hires for offline players and you will get some gifts as you rest infrequently.

In the main game, that is to say anywhere outside Bitterblack Isle, you can only get 100, 400, and 800 Rift Crystal kind of drops, 800 being pretty rare. When you get to Bitterblack Isle and reliably explore the place, you'll find 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, and VERY rarely, 10,000.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 10, 2013

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Prism_Pink posted:

VVV Thanks, man! I'll return the favour :)

I'll do this tomorrow, might accidentally put some OP weapons/armor on him/her and accidentally a whole lot of rift crystals.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

by XyloJW
uh what

I'm doing the offline Ur-Dragon and he has no hearts left. 0 glowing spots. No purple anywhere. He also has one half-full life bar remaining but flies away almost immediately after coming in instead of after 10 minutes. What do I do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

ARACHNOTRON posted:

uh what

I'm doing the offline Ur-Dragon and he has no hearts left. 0 glowing spots. No purple anywhere. He also has one half-full life bar remaining but flies away almost immediately after coming in instead of after 10 minutes. What do I do now?

Did you get the ones on his wings?

• Locked thread