Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

In that hurricane of poo poo, that's what jumped out at me, too. Come on, lady, you can make a point about the perks of committed monogamous relationships without implying your significant other is boring.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Aubergine Mage posted:

Marriage equality.

Not just marriage equality, but there's a pony there too. Dude wants to be able to marry ponies and/or see ponies of the same sex get married. Either way, it's bad news bears.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
No, no, it's more symbolic than that. The pony is in front of marriage equality. :shepface:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

blakyoshi posted:

No, no, it's more symbolic than that. The pony is in front of marriage equality. :shepface:

You know, the whole "Ha ha I use the equal sign but I used BACON/SNES CONTROLLERS/whatever" thing just kinda makes me roll my eyes, but for some reason literally shoving your stupid thing in front of the logo does annoy me.

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

"Sentient Tulpas"

Wait wait wait, I thought the whole point of Tulpas was that they were some fake head girlfriend. If they are sentient don't they run the risk of getting rejected by their own psychosis?

I actually believe that this happened in this very thread. Someone ranting about how their tulpa feels contempt towards him. One the one hand I feel bad for someone feeling that level of self-loathing, but on the other hand, it's hilarious.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

:jerkbag:

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Oh man, what a sick burn.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

nippythefish posted:

Seeing Vilerat's name pop up in lovely political propaganda irritates the gently caress out of me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Virgin spotted.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

"It's only okay to wear fake animal parts if I'm the one wearing them."

:ironicat:

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

To be fair, cat ears are a lot more socially acceptable than tails. I went to a wedding shower this weekend where we had to wear them for no reason other than "hey the bride-to-be likes cats". :catbert:

...Buuuut I just noticed those are the creepy ones that twitch, so yeah that's some weird poo poo.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cat ears are only acceptable for slutty Halloween costumes :colbert:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

FirstAidKite posted:

Personally I like the part where it's technology CONTROLLED BY BRAIN WAVES (allegedly anyway), but then everyone's like "70 bucks?! poo poo, too expensive for me."

Although I guess $70 is a lot when you're living on minimum wage or your mom's good graces and you've probably spent this week's paycheck on a tail.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

FirstAidKite posted:

Yeah I have a friend who saw those and really wanted a pair because :3:YAY KITTIES:3: but she isn't on the internet and doesn't know about furries so I had to tell her some things she probably didn't want to know. She doesn't want the ears anymore.

My FB feed is full of :fh::cry:OMG ALEX FERUGSON :cry::fh:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Kimmalah posted:

Personally I like the part where it's technology CONTROLLED BY BRAIN WAVES (allegedly anyway), but then everyone's like "70 bucks?! poo poo, too expensive for me."

$70 is a lot of money when you're poor :(, particularly when it comes to stupid stuff, and I can't think of a stupider thing than that.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Aubergine Mage posted:

Brony equality.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Amused to Death posted:

$70 is a lot of money when you're poor :(, particularly when it comes to stupid stuff, and I can't think of a stupider thing than that.

Yeah I know, I mentioned that in my post. And I've been there before myself, but then again I don't think it ever occurred to me to spend $70 on cat ears.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

People don't even spend $70 on actual cats unless they're kittens who have had the whole vet routine already done to them

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Amused to Death posted:

People don't even spend $70 on actual cats unless they're kittens who have had the whole vet routine already done to them

Here in MN adopting a cat can easily be $150+, though that does include the RFID tag, a free vet clinic, already neutered, checked for a bunch of diseases, etc.

modernwinglish
Dec 28, 2012

I'll squawk the world and molt with you

Mar 27, 2003

It had no choice. Their defense grid was smashed. We'd won. Taking out Carr then would make no difference. Skynet had to wipe out his entire existence!

And that A&E executive was Albert Einstein

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

Wizard of Smart posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I keep getting him in my "We recommend" friends list :smith:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Someone on my friends list commented on this:

Nerd trap: sprung.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Not mentioned here is the huge raise the cast demanded to continue doing the show. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't shake this nagging feeling that someone in the bible mentions being greedy is a thing thou shalt not do.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

dijon du jour posted:

Someone on my friends list commented on this:

Nerd trap: sprung.

That is quite devious.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

7744 posted:

And that A&E executive was Albert Einstein
Well, what did you think A&E stands for?

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

fork bomb posted:

That is quite devious.

Clearly, the winning move is to make a post so offensive to every possible group that no one would dare be caught liking it for their friends to see. :smug:

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Regalingualius posted:

Clearly, the winning move is to make a post so offensive to every possible group that no one would dare be caught liking it for their friends to see. :smug:

But then the friends of anyone who likes your post will also see your horrible offensive post. :smaug:
It is such an ingenious troll (with almost 10,000 comments now, seriously) that it almost makes up for the fact that "P o k e m o n H u m o r" only posts awful image macros and this:

:stonk:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

I don't get Duck Dynasty. I've watched it, but I can't find any discernable reason to watch it except if you really want to see rednecks with big beards. It's like Swamp People but with no alligators.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I like how most people I know who watch and love Duck Dynasty hated on Jersey Shore during its run. It's a shame too because Jersey Shore was hilarious. I haven't seen DD but I assume its like a southern version of JS based on how they are idolizing the characters.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

SaltLick posted:

I like how most people I know who watch and love Duck Dynasty hated on Jersey Shore during its run. It's a shame too because Jersey Shore was hilarious. I haven't seen DD but I assume its like a southern version of JS based on how they are idolizing the characters.

"Our rednecks are good, their rednecks are bad."

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

SaltLick posted:

The southern version of Jersey Shore was called Buckwild and it was cancelled about a month later when cast members started dying or got arrested for possession/distribution.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Facebook has started offering to translate his posts for me.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

This festival of stupidity just showed up on my feed.

quote:

BBQ RULES:

We are about to enter the BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity . When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

(1) The woman buys the food.

(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:
(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

(6) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.

(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat

Important again:
(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes

And most important of all:
(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed ' her night off ', and, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
That's actually sort of funny if you take it tongue-in-cheek, though I'm sure a lot of people are like HAHA YEP SOME WOMEN.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I actually read it as a sarcastic comment on traditional gender roles.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
The duck dynasty thing is stupid on so many levels. I doubt anyone who is a fan of duck dynasty would be upset about praying and guns. The gun hating liberals they are rallying against are probably not watching duck dynasty. Also, a network wouldn't tell them to stop using guns and praying. If they didn't want them to pray on tv they would just edit out the parts of them praying instead of somehow banning it from the house.

Smudgie Buggler
Feb 27, 2005

SET PHASERS TO "GRINDING TEDIUM"

No words.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

This can't be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

njsykora posted:

This festival of stupidity just showed up on my feed.

See, I read it as someone with major self-esteem issues needing lots and lots of praise otherwise they collapse into a singularity of self-loathing.

• Locked thread