Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
NSMB2's main game was pretty average, but the DLC coin rush missions ruled. Coin rush was really the best part about the game, it being a timed score attack mode and all. Especially once you start getting into the higher difficulty stages. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah the Impossible Pack DLC is probably the most fun thing in NSMB2. (It's also by far the hardest set of stages in the whole NSMB series)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Interesting about Monster Hunter:

Capcom posted:

Furthermore, “Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) G HD Ver.”, which was our first title for the new home video console “Wii U” that was launched in December 2012, also became a smash hit. However, its package sales were generally soft.

Capcom lost 17.6% of profitability (a great way of saying, "We made money but not as much so wah wah investors sad") so Tri G HD Ver being a hit is good news. The digital download part is curious.

As to not be accused of looking too positive, Activision called the Wii U launch a disappointment. They also whined that nobody was playing World of Warcraft anymore.

Edit: IGN also did a list of games confirmed to appear at E3. For Wii U it will be Mario Kart Wii U (probably called Mario Kart 8), Super Mario 3D Wii U (also likely to receive a name change), Super Smash Bros. 4 (name likely to be changed to something like SMASH BROS BATTLE), Legend of Zelda HD (name 100% likely to be changed) and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. Non exclusives confirmed include Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Watch Dogs.

Paper Jam Dipper fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 9, 2013

horchata
Oct 17, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Also, this might excite people who champion the Gamecube controller: http://wiiudaily.com/2013/05/amazon-gamecube-adapter-for-wii-u/

Dumb question but how many ports does this thing have?

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

horchata posted:

Dumb question but how many ports does this thing have?

I'm going to guess since its attached to a Wiimote plugin adaptor, just one.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Edit: IGN also did a list of games confirmed to appear at E3. For Wii U it will be Mario Kart Wii U (probably called Mario Kart 8), Super Mario 3D Wii U (also likely to receive a name change), Super Smash Bros. 4 (name likely to be changed to something like SMASH BROS BATTLE), Legend of Zelda HD (name 100% likely to be changed) and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD. Non exclusives confirmed include Rayman Legends, Splinter Cell Blacklist and Watch Dogs.

We already discussed these game names. They will be named Mario Koo, Super Mario 3Doo, Super Smash Broo, and Legend of Zeldoo

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS
Super Smash Bros.: Come at me bros

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

On the eshop update today I noted that they announced Super Mario Bros. 2 as coming on the 16th, so yay! That's probably my favorite smb so I at least look forward to that.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Super Smash Bros: All Items Always On Edition

:allears:

I just hope they manage to put in competent online play.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Boten Anna posted:

On the eshop update today I noted that they announced Super Mario Bros. 2 as coming on the 16th, so yay! That's probably my favorite smb so I at least look forward to that.

Also coming: 30 cent Super Metroid, Super Ghouls and Ghosts. That's a good week.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

Super Smash Bros: All Items Always On Edition

:allears:

I just hope they manage to put in competent online play.

They could seriously release an up-rezzed Smash Bros. Brawl/Melee with proper online play right now and I would buy that poo poo so hard

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

For some reason I had VC solomon's key so I figured why not on the $1 upgrade. God this is a weird game; the definition of Nintendo Hard, but in how many other games are you a Jewish wizard?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Boten Anna posted:

For some reason I had VC solomon's key so I figured why not on the $1 upgrade. God this is a weird game; the definition of Nintendo Hard, but in how many other games are you a Jewish wizard?

Thank you Dana.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

greatn posted:

Thank you Dana.

Your game deviation value is 420

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Boten Anna posted:

kinda funny they're putting the 2nd SMB up before the first one.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Pixeltendo posted:

Well they didn't put Mario Advance in order either so there's precedent.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Pixeltendo posted:

That's probably to do with the respective popularity of each game. SMB1 is an automatic nostalgia/novelty buy for a massive chunk of the market, so to make the most of that they're probably holding it in reserve for whatever they calculate the right moment is.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

You know what nobody has talked about in a while? Miis. I havent messed with Mii creation in a while, but today felt like trying to make some Skullgirls. Theres really just no Filia hair...

Post some Miis!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Back when the 3DS launched I made some QR codes for Miis I made on the Wii forever ago and I just checked and they work on the Wii U and I don't think I posted them here so here you go!

Kansas City Worldskippers

Assorted Emotes

Miis are cool!!

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Supercar Gautier posted:

That's probably to do with the respective popularity of each game. SMB1 is an automatic nostalgia/novelty buy for a massive chunk of the market, so to make the most of that they're probably holding it in reserve for whatever they calculate the right moment is.

This would make sense; part of the reason I like smb2 so much is that people hate it for dumb reasons (that are WRONG). Recently I was with friends and had some time to kill and All Stars, and I beat the entire game no warps with toad, who is the best character.

I've also beaten all of Doki Doki Panic which for those unaware, involves playing through the entire game with each character beginning to end.

So yeah what I'm saying is, I really like SMB 2.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I swiped these Miis from.. somewhere ages ago. When the 3DS first launched, I think.

(Reiko Nagase, the Ridge Racer chick)

And these two I made myself.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

How could you make Chie but not the rest of the Investigation Team!?

Edit: Oh. Cause you swiped them. Well, my point still stands.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Detective No. 27 posted:

How could you make Chie but not the rest of the Investigation Team!?

Edit: Oh. Cause you swiped them. Well, my point still stands.

No no, I made Chie and Sigma myself. I'm just terrible at making these things (plus Chie is the best anyway). I think I tried to make Yukiko but deleted her out of disgust.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm bad at reading tonight. I should get some sleep. I'd make them myself, but I'm pretty terrible at it too. I tried making a William Hartnell and somehow ended up with Beethoven.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I might give it another go tonight. What the heck. It's not like I've got much better to do.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Oh hey, its Sigma! I just so happened to make this like a half hour ago.

I also found the Madoka Magica cast

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Boten Anna posted:

This would make sense; part of the reason I like smb2 so much is that people hate it for dumb reasons (that are WRONG). Recently I was with friends and had some time to kill and All Stars, and I beat the entire game no warps with toad, who is the best character.

I've also beaten all of Doki Doki Panic which for those unaware, involves playing through the entire game with each character beginning to end.

So yeah what I'm saying is, I really like SMB 2.
I remember thinking when NSMB came out, "hey maybe NSMB2 will be like that but based on SMB2!"

...obviously that didn't happen and we got just straight sequels to the same base formula instead (not that I mind that much myself). At least with the Luigi DLC they're showing that they can mess with the formula a bit (Luigi's physics in this case) so I'm hoping there's a possibility for more extensive changes like they did with the SMA4:SMB3* DLC eReader cards (where they added in SMB2 and SMW elements to SMB3 along with new levels).

*The Super Mario Advance numbering didn't get confusing at all :downs:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I have been working at this daily Rayman challenge for 5 hours now. 1476.64m, ranked 311 on it. I am so close to a platinum, I can feel it, I just...can't manage...:stare:

japtor posted:

I'm hoping there's a possibility for more extensive changes like they did with the SMA4:SMB3* DLC eReader cards (where they added in SMB2 and SMW elements to SMB3 along with new levels).

There were a ton of really cool eReader switches in Japan that never came over here, including one that I think restored Luigi's unique physics from SMB2. I would love if more games did that, where they give you really crazy toggleable options that affect the entire game that you can turn on and off at will. I still never know how I feel about the eReader because while it was a ridiculous, cumbersome concept, the few uses it got did some pretty neat things for the time.

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 10, 2013

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

japtor posted:

I remember thinking when NSMB came out, "hey maybe NSMB2 will be like that but based on SMB2!"

...obviously that didn't happen and we got just straight sequels to the same base formula instead (not that I mind that much myself). At least with the Luigi DLC they're showing that they can mess with the formula a bit (Luigi's physics in this case) so I'm hoping there's a possibility for more extensive changes like they did with the SMA4:SMB3* DLC eReader cards (where they added in SMB2 and SMW elements to SMB3 along with new levels).

*The Super Mario Advance numbering didn't get confusing at all :downs:

Wonder if Super Mario Advance 4 and the e-reader content will appear on the Virtual Console...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Good news, everyone!

Sonic & All-Stars Racing sold 310,000 copies on the Wii U.

Also, Sega plans to release seven Wii U titles this year. So we might see some of these at E3, more than likely a new Sonic game and a Sochi Mario/Sonic game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I hope some day Sonic and Mario get to go on a proper platform adventure with each other.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Good news, everyone!

Sonic & All-Stars Racing sold 310,000 copies on the Wii U.

Also, Sega plans to release seven Wii U titles this year. So we might see some of these at E3, more than likely a new Sonic game and a Sochi Mario/Sonic game.

How much is that in relation to the other platforms? I think that matters more than just the Wii U numbers alone.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Soul Glo posted:

How much is that in relation to the other platforms? I think that matters more than just the Wii U numbers alone.

I want to say the last time Sega published numbers for Sonic Racing Transformed, the Wii U version was about 25% of the sales. It was something like 260k out of 910k total, but that was before the PC release.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Soul Glo posted:

From Wii U Daily:

quote:

With the release of Sega’s financial report earlier today, we’ve gained a better insight about how well the company did in regards to games it released. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed was a big hit for the company, selling 1.36 million units across the United States and Europe. Of those, 310,000 copies were on the Wii U and 190,000 were on the 3DS.

So 310,000 of 1.36M for a game that came out on Wii U, 3DS, Vita, PS3, 360 and PC.

Here's the PDF of Sega Sammy for the quarter: http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/pdf/release/tanshin_hosoku_20130510_e_final.pdf

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

The next logical step is to make a SEGA version of Smash bros.

Guest Starring Big Boss and Mario.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Pixeltendo posted:

The next logical step is to make a SEGA version of Smash bros.

Sooooo you want Sonic the Fighters?

:smug:

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Sooooo you want Sonic the Fighters?

:smug:

I prefer to think of it as a spiritual successor to Fighters Megamix.

But only if the Hornet is still p;ayable

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It makes me really sad that Sega never got to make a Smash Bros rival because they have SO MANY IPs holy crap.

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Policenaut posted:

It makes me really sad that Sega never got to make a Smash Bros rival because they have SO MANY IPs holy crap.

The Transformed developers (Sumo Digital) have entertained the idea of a SEGA fighting game, for what it's worth. Don't know how well it'd go though; both of their SEGA racing games were fantastic, but if you look through Sumo Digital's library it's a lot of great racing games. It's a field they're pretty experienced in. It would definitely be interesting either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zarron
Sep 1, 2005

MykonosFan posted:

The Transformed developers (Sumo Digital) have entertained the idea of a SEGA fighting game, for what it's worth. Don't know how well it'd go though; both of their SEGA racing games were fantastic, but if you look through Sumo Digital's library it's a lot of great racing games. It's a field they're pretty experienced in. It would definitely be interesting either way.

Either I would have to be silly as smash bros. or it would have to be something similar to Vitrua fighter. Or hell, just pay platinum to make a fighter with Sega characters.

• Locked thread