Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Studio posted:

I can't watch, but are they fighting with numbers disadvantage

Yes.

Also they seem to be ... really like, overconfident?

EDIT: Nk Inc is Not Very Good so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Studio posted:

Velocity lost an early dragon fight because they tried going 3v4.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."

mushi posted:

What the heck is blue ezreal? Is that the on-hit build people have been running?

Blue items. Spirit of the Elder Lizard, Iceborn Gauntlet, Manamune, BotRK, Cooldown Boots and Last Whisper is the build I think.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Studio posted:

Occasionally. But Velocity still up in gold.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah. They keep losing teamfights ever so slightly, but they've been up in gold for ages now. It's really weird.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

mushi posted:

What the heck is blue ezreal? Is that the on-hit build people have been running?

What the guy above posted is right. Here's a quick guide that runs down how it usually is played:
http://www.lolking.net/guides/129959

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah...down 10-17 in kills but up roughly 1k gold, 4-3 in towers.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

I remember OddOne talking in an interview about his brother and how he felt bad because MapleStreet is a great player, but his team isn't that good. I can see why now. His team is getting trashed in teamfights right now. If it wasn't for Maple's presence in teamfights this game would've been over as fast as the last BO3.

They're good at keeping up with objectives at least.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Velocity Esports is a goon team? Ok, I'll root for them!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Gold's even now. It just seems like Velocity don't really know what to do and TSB are slowly taking towers and coming back into the game gold-wise.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

That seemed like a really bad idea to initiate right there as NK Inc...I can't say why or anything, but it felt like a bad spot.

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

You can't emphasize how close these fights are enough. Velocity losing a fight over 30hp on TF and Xin. Crazy.

Edit:

And yet still even on gold?!

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
TSB are good fighters. You should tell Velocity to decide if they are diving or no Studio.

e: Really though, imagine TSB's teamfighting with Velocity's objective control.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Every single initiation I've seen from Nk Inc has been Real Bad

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I don't think Nk Inc is doing particularly bad, but I think Hecarim is really useless against TSB's team comp. Velocity has really no way to initiate a fight in a way that doesn't leave them with a huge HP deficit so really all that is working for them is Draven/Zyra + Shen split push and try to stall. I don't think Velocity wins with this right now.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Miftan posted:

Gold's even now. It just seems like Velocity don't really know what to do and TSB are slowly taking towers and coming back into the game gold-wise.

Their morale is shot from the kill difference even though gold is nearly even. They lost whatever confidence they had in taking objectives before and TSB is taking advantage of it. If they kept better track of overall gold/objectives I think this would be playing out a lot more differently.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Comrade Question posted:

I was hoping for some unconventional picks by TSB from what little I read about them, but I guess now is the time to play it safe.

TSB is splitting damage sooooo well.

e: frommaple's team just too heavy :(

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Good lord maplestreet keeps getting blown up in teamfights.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Dyllyn posted:

Good lord maplestreet keeps getting blown up in teamfights.

well he's Velocity's only threat, who the gently caress else would TSB go for?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Yeah Vileroze is like the least intimidating Zed I've ever seen. Brutalizer/LW/GA is his whole build right now. Like what.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Riftling posted:

Their morale is shot from the kill difference even though gold is nearly even. They lost whatever confidence they had in taking objectives before and TSB is taking advantage of it. If they kept better track of overall gold/objectives I think this would be playing out a lot more differently.

Yeah, I guess that's true. I hope they can put on a better show in game 2, but honestly it just feels like TSB adapted to their team comp so well. TF for Shen, Doulbe Zhonyas for Zed.. Vileroze is doing nothing in teamfights. He just gets blown up.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

No ward coverage for Velocity. Maple got caught out hard.

Edit: Evan bought a freakin' nomicon. Vile is buying wards. You can't force your assassin to ward for you like that, cripes.

Edit^2: ^ TSB doesn't even have a heal threat. That's so much wasted gold for Zyra.

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 10, 2013

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

foutre posted:

TSB are good fighters. You should tell Velocity to decide if they are diving or no Studio.

e: Really though, imagine TSB's teamfighting with Velocity's objective control.

I have, Atlanta was on prep duty at the event, not sure what's gone on.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Hooooly poo poo I don't see any way for Velocity to do anything here

Nk Inc needs to Not Play Hecarim

Koguma
Sep 1, 2007

One of the Big Seven !!
Hahahaha, yes, Ehomda and Ghozt doing work. :getin:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Yeah this is pretty much over. Proving again that TF is a scary character, even when played by non-Koreans.

e: well, that was a thing. VES still in this, apparently.

Miftan fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 10, 2013

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

No reason for TF to hang around and get himself killed there

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

After watching this game one I feel even more strongly that MRN will beat either of these teams. After watching Quantic's clean execution of TAP this game just seems like a sloppy mess from both sides with a ton of mistakes.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

Yeah Vileroze is like the least intimidating Zed I've ever seen. Brutalizer/LW/GA is his whole build right now. Like what.

He also looks like a child molester.

Riftling posted:

No ward coverage for Velocity. Maple got caught out hard.

Edit: Evan bought a freakin' nomicon. Vile is buying wards. You can't force your assassin to ward for you like that, cripes.

Edit^2: ^ TSB doesn't even have a heal threat. That's so much wasted gold for Zyra.

Eh, Morellos is CDR, AP (and more than an Athenes), MP/5, and the grevious works on ADC BT autos, I believe.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Fun fact, Vile has a child of his own :eng101:

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga
^ Whoaaaa

Studio posted:

I have, Atlanta was on prep duty at the event, not sure what's gone on.

Is Atlanta coaching Velocity too? Always seemed weird to me that he wasn't on a team.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

semicolonsrock posted:

^ Whoaaaa

Is Atlanta coaching Velocity too? Always seemed weird to me that he wasn't on a team.

Yeah, and he has atrocious tournament nerves.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Morellonomicon is great on Support Zyra because she gets a natural 20% CDR from (W) skill and Morellonomicon completes her max CDR with one item. She's an Off-AP support so she can make use of the offensive power. I think it's probably a stronger start on her than a usual support item build. I don't get the criticism for that. I don't really think any part of that loss was Zyra's fault. VES bot lane was like the only thing that played well that game.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Studio posted:

Yeah, and he has atrocious tournament nerves.

That's actually so unfortunate :( Such a cool player.

So... all normals games? Whoah. It's crazy that this works as preparation.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TSB is a really good team that is underground to most people. I'm going to have faith that Vel needed a warm up game since first games have always been iffy in scrims. I am surprised Vile went Zed as well.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Yeah, that Draven was actually a beast. The issue is that those two were more or less playing 2 v 5, because lord knows Zed and Shen weren't doing all that much besides providing the Salad Bar with a wider assortment of condiments.

Even so, what a game. :stare: I did not expect it to that way after that start. Super interested to see if TSB can pull it out all the way.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
Velocity's logo is really ugly.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Ahhh drat it, Vel went for Shen Zed since it's an amazing combo even though they haven't practiced it. The ultimate trap.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
The Salad Bar has the best awkward team logo so I'm definitely rooting for them

SpaceDrake posted:

Yeah, that Draven was actually a beast. The issue is that those two were more or less playing 2 v 5, because lord knows Zed and Shen weren't doing all that much besides providing the Salad Bar with a wider assortment of condiments.

Even so, what a game. :stare: I did not expect it to that way after that start. Super interested to see if TSB can pull it out all the way.

The problem with expecting Draven to carry a game is that damage splitting becomes a very serious concern. Draven doesn't have the mobility of other super late game ad carries, and he can't just wade into the middle of an enemy team, so he pretty much has to just take the shots he can against whoever is in range and hope it works out. The Salad Bar punished this by rotating champions away whenever they got low, or just jumping in on Draven from the getgo and removing him from the equation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Vile should play assassins (or Sona) because he looks like Phil Spector

• Locked thread