Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Holy poo poo, we have another classic episode on our hands here. That was amazing. Last year's anniversary show didn't mesh as well with so many guests, but this one was perfect. I was hoping Jason would do Gutterballs and play Marissa and Tracy off each other even more, but this was the closest to a perfect balance such a big show could ever reach and I am definitely not complaining. I think this was David Wain's best appearance to date, he was fully in the mix and hilarious. "Can my wife come with us to your prom?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, this one was a classic in the making. A bunch of good guests who all contributed something funny to it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Jesus that was amazing. Neil and Paul put the "best" in "dumbest".

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

At our headquarters it's all DUOBLOONS.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I think my favourite part, prior to Neil and Paul coming in and tearing poo poo up, was PFT's background laughing and comments. They were amazing as usual.

"all over the country?"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Greggy posted:

I was hoping Jason would do Gutterballs and play Marissa and Tracy off each other even more, but this was the closest to a perfect balance such a big show could ever reach and I am definitely not complaining.

Yeah, I came away thinking something similar - it felt like Lauren should have been left for another Wompcast where she could be the girl that Gutterballs had run off with. Nothing stopping that from happening of course, and I wouldn't have not wanted the Wompler/Reardon rivalry - it was amazing. I love when they do these big shows, everything gels together so well and they're amazing episodes.

quote:

I think this was David Wain's best appearance to date, he was fully in the mix and hilarious. "Can my wife come with us to your prom?"

I felt a bit bad that most of the others were in crazy character and poor David Wain just had to be himself. Mantzoukas is enough of a character he doesn't really need to play anyone else.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

LesterGroans posted:

I think my favourite part, prior to Neil and Paul coming in and tearing poo poo up, was PFT's background laughing and comments.
"Where are my glove?"

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
I wish this one was vodcasted because I would have loved to see what PFT's signal to Scott was when he was confusing the origin story of Mike the Janitor.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I didn't think about that but now I'm really depressed it wasn't a videocast. Thanks a lot!

Shunkymonky
Sep 10, 2006
'sup
No worries. In addition, you may also have missed out on watching Neil and Paul make out.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Good point, though I assumed they weren't really doing that. Then again, I suppose if it were a videocast they may've felt forced to act it out.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution
Hobby hobby, what a great episode!

(God I hope that becomes a catchphrase)

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Does Lauren Lapkus really have that speech impediment? Or was that just for the character?

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Just for the character. So far all her characters have different speech affectations, which is why some people don't like her characters(not me, though, I love her).

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't laughing at someone's real ailment. It seemed like most of people on the podcast were being polite about it and ignoring it, so I was confused.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

escape artist posted:

Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't laughing at someone's real ailment. It seemed like most of people on the podcast were being polite about it and ignoring it, so I was confused.

that was a bit. In her original appearance Scott was dancing around it and it ended up with her character missing an ear from all the yes anding.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

It's a speech beauty mark, if anything.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Biggest laugh for me was "You could Eiffel Tower me".

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

escape artist posted:

By the way, if you've never heard Lapkus outside Comedy Bang Bang before, she was on a fantastic episode of Improv4Humans a couple weeks back (with Ben Schwartz and Horatio Sanz).

Barrage
Jul 27, 2010
The Bachelor Bros. are maybe the funniest thing I have ever heard on the show. Holy poo poo.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I think Rust and Neil Campbell worked so well together just because they have really similar humor. Campbell's Georgia politican character just started doing something that was basically New No-Nos during one of his bits.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

GoutPatrol posted:

I think Rust and Neil Campbell worked so well together just because they have really similar humor. Campbell's Georgia politican character just started doing something that was basically New No-Nos during one of his bits.
Absolutely true. I've seen Campbell do standup a couple times and even there he has a very similar "comedic style" to Paul Rust.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

There's a new iPhone app called "Say the Same Thing" that's basically What Am I Thinking: The Home Game.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Max22 posted:

There's a new iPhone app called "Say the Same Thing" that's basically What Am I Thinking: The Home Game.

OH MAN I forgot about What Am I Thinking, when was the last time an episode featured that anyway? Too long I'm sure.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

piratepilates posted:

Too long I'm sure.
I think that was What Am I Thinking's original title

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
What Am I Thinking is the perfect game to play while you're waiting in lines for things with friends, or on long (but not too long) car trips.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Tomorrow's show is a 2 hour in depth interview with Tim Heidecker!

just kidding it's F&P3

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
How are you guys finding out the guests this early again?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

drainpipe posted:

How are you guys finding out the guests this early again?

I have Scott locked in my basement.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

It's up. This is gonna be great.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/farts-and-procreation-3/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Today it was a good day.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
"Already unlistenable"

so happy about this

SMP
May 5, 2009

F'in P (3) may be my favorite CBB episode yet. Chelsea getting homicidal was hysterical.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm going to save this one for tomorrow. Otherwise I'll probably just be up all night laughing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The whole wolf tangent just killed me.

"I can't Wikipedia. I'm no wolf."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

What was the How I Met Your Mother thing?

edit: They just said. Is there a clip?

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Deadpool posted:

The whole wolf tangent just killed me.

"I can't Wikipedia. I'm no wolf."

But can you jump?

This is great so far Adam is a bit quiet though

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

SMP posted:

F'in P (3) may be my favorite CBB episode yet. Chelsea getting homicidal was hysterical.

I was driving when she got to that. It was a serious safety hazard.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
This is the most insane episode of CBB ever. I lost it when their characters started creak, slam, sitting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Great episode. I'd say it's better than 2 but not as good as 1. Probably because 1 just came out of nowhere, whereas the others had something to live up to. Everyone was really amazing though, it's gonna be a tough vote at the end of the year. I could see it coming down to Time Bobby 2 vs. F&P3, but 4th Anniversary show is right up there with them.

The only thing that bothered me was Scott saying "ka-racks". I feel like he wrote down "characs" when Harris originally said it, but didn't remember that Harris said "carracs" (I don't know the legit phonetic spelling). Not that that matters AT ALL.