Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

G-Mach posted:

BUILT NOT BOUGHT.

(There are two shocker stickers on the back of that poo poo jetta.)

Is the "u" in "built" really the Japanese "I've had my license for less than a year" sticker?

Is that a thing?

fake edit: They see it on JDMs all the time so it must be something cool, when it's just Japanese posers being legally obligated to show the world they're still n00bs, yet Americans put the sticker on their car not knowing what it means... *sigh* nevermind, figured it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Couldn't get a picture but I saw a pizza guys car that was sticker bombed all over the back window. Looked really stupid but i've seen it before.

It wasn't until I walked around the car to get in mine that I saw he had this;

Plastered onto the the side view mirror.

It was quite a thing...

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

drat. That's pretty ingenious and I've not seen it before. Good work that guy.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Is that cardboard‽

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Sinestro posted:

Is that cardboard‽

Excellent use of the interrobang. :golfclap:

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Christ, I remember those with the old ones. I wondered if they'd ever start this with the new ones.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

I'm sorry, but this is an awesome Cheech and Chong homage.

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.
Or A Willie Mays-Hays one.

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City
Only in New Orleans.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Woman-reports-for-jury-duty-thieves-steal-wheel-from-her-car-in-jury-lot-206869031.html

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Somehow, that's so much worse.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I can't help but think that wouldn't look too bad if it had the rectangular style headlights instead of those round ones. Maybe I need my head examined.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Speaking of lovely stickers:

The gently caress is wrong with people?

...because if you can fit two fingers in it, it's entirely to baggy for my needle-sized cock...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I can fit my entire body in my wheel well :smug: :huh:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Post your biggest wheel gap!

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Gorilla Salad posted:

Amateur.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Gorilla Salad posted:

I stared at that picture for a while before I realised what was underneath. Holy poo poo. That's pretty badass but it has to be at least partially for looks. The body would be on the ground before the wheels could get anywhere near the arches.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
High arches allow for more mud/snow accumulation before the tire starts scraping the packed mud. More space than the wheel travels lets you go farther before you have to dig out the shovel.

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005

Geirskogul posted:

High arches allow for more mud/snow accumulation before the tire starts scraping the packed mud. More space than the wheel travels lets you go farther before you have to dig out the shovel.

Ah, gotcha.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Fucknag posted:

Amateur.

Whoops....

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Motronic posted:

Whoops....

It's worse when you get a subcompact wedged in the calipers...

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007
Nice effort car here:

Although it did have a full flag on top, it's just not the same in black and white.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
Saw this driving the other day. Didn't know which thread to post it in.

OptimusMatrix fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 11, 2013

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
It needs matching paint, but at least it has a nice carrying handle on top.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Motronic posted:

Whoops....

When they go bad, they go very bad.

Perspective:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Gorilla Salad posted:

When they go bad, they go very bad.

Perspective:

Holy poo poo. Is that the (probably) dead driver floating in the second?

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
gently caress. That's terrifying considering how massive those things are.... what's the story?

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Highwall failure, took the dumper (and the driver) down when the wall gave way under the road.

Driver didn't make it, of course.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Devyl posted:

Holy poo poo. Is that the (probably) dead driver floating in the second?

No, it's a buoy or something*. If the shot was taken just after the truck fell in, the water would be all messed up with dust.

*I hope!

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Apart from the drivers fear induced poo poo, i wonder what that yellow stain on the rock is?

Smoke
Mar 12, 2005

I am NOT a red Bumblebee for god's sake!

Gun Saliva
Came across this a week or two ago:

Gotta love badly-painted spare covers. The rest of the car looked fairly normal.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Ferremit posted:

Apart from the drivers fear induced poo poo, i wonder what that yellow stain on the rock is?

Probably hydraulic fluid

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice
Thats alot of owls. I count 11 if those things on her tits are indeed owls. Time for a radical owlectomy.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Smoke posted:

Came across this a week or two ago:

Gotta love badly-painted spare covers. The rest of the car looked fairly normal.

Looks a bit like Nicowl Kidman. :downsrim:

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

If it is....those boobs are hellishly deformed :psyduck:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

There are a number of horrible things on this vehicle.

Reportedly, one of those antlers is exhaust and the other is a snorkel. It's a 4 cylinder, I'm not sure if I would have laughed more if it was dual exhaust or not.

Hmm...
diamondplate covering rotted rockers
diamondplate cleverly concealing lack of bumper (it probably rusted off)
window screening? grilling implement? over each headlight
fenders cut way too much for tires
90s Chrysler clearcoat
those loving snorkel exhaust intake whatever... things :stare:
3? 4? inch body lift
and he wants $3000 for it!

... anything I missed?

Asshole Bicycle
Nov 4, 2007
Not that it helps much, but he could've taken off a nice set of wheels and tires to sell it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
When I go to sleep I dream of a world without diamondplate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Geirskogul posted:

When I go to sleep I dream of a world without diamondplate.
You and I both. It's spread like a rash across UK off roaders, and while I can appreciate it where it's useful (lining beds and replacing floor panels, for instance), people do seem to just whop it on wherever they see another clear few inches.