Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
Our FZ6s are diverging into different directions. You're taking things off, I'm adding things on. One of them needs to have a mirror-universe evil goatee.

Things I love about riding: how much customization goes on between any two motorcycles in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

SimplyCosmic posted:

We have plenty of those. Ohio roads vary amazingly in their quality, sometimes within even a few miles. I still have to travel a good hour plus to get to the fun roads coming from the very northeast corner of the state.

That's route 164 in the photo, which is to the southeast of Canton.

The route I'm looking to take next time is 800 to 183 through Waynesburg then 171 to 43 then to 164.

When I have more than 1 day off, I'll head towards the southeastern part of the state where the roads get far more twisty and technical.

I'll have to give that a try thanks.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Slavvy posted:

I had an nc30. Do you find that after going for a spirited ride in the country you end up navigating traffic at 7500rpm feeling like you've just snorted some blow?

Wait, that isn't how everyone feels??

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

I had the exact same color scheme. Are your wheels still purple too?
I never noticed so I went and looked real quick before work- if they are, they're too dirty to tell. :v:

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
All cleaned up and out on the Cheese Country Trail in southwest WI:

Bring Back Noid
Sep 16, 2005

SimplyCosmic posted:

We have plenty of those. Ohio roads vary amazingly in their quality, sometimes within even a few miles. I still have to travel a good hour plus to get to the fun roads coming from the very northeast corner of the state.

The route I'm looking to take next time is 800 to 183 through Waynesburg then 171 to 43 then to 164.

When I have more than 1 day off, I'll head towards the southeastern part of the state where the roads get far more twisty and technical.

I'm from the Dover/New Philadelphia area (about 15 min south of Canton if you don't know where it's at), have a 2004 SV650 if you wanna ride sometime. I'm no good and slow but always willing to ride new roads. Don't know too many this way.

Edit: I enjoy riding 751 past the Stonecreek area and heading to the south/east like you said, down toward Coshocton/Newcomerstown etc.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Rapner posted:

Sounds like Speed Triple ownership the moment you leave the parking garage

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Rapner posted:

My bike doesn't even go to 7500!

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

clutchpuck posted:

My bike doesn't even go to 7500!

I find it disappointing to release the clutch at less than 7500 RPM

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I can assure you, 2500rpm power wheelies are anything but disappointing :)

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe
Did a mini-tour of the Minneapolis river front:

Lowry Avenue bridge in the background

The bike under the Stone Arch Bridge, down town.

Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer, sans windshield.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

O'riginal posted:

Did a mini-tour of the Minneapolis river front:

Lowry Avenue bridge in the background

The bike under the Stone Arch Bridge, down town.

Yamaha V-Star 950 Tourer, sans windshield.

I'm normally not into cruisers but this is pretty bloody sweet. Great shots too!

O'riginal
Jul 6, 2004
no images allowed
Fun Shoe
I wasn't really into the bike myself, but it fit the requirements for a long chassis, low seat height (I am short), acceptable performance.

It is especially ugly with the windshield, but when that's off, it does look pretty sweet. It's starting to grow on me.

We've been waiting a while in Minnesota for a sunny, not too cold day .. but really it's best to take shots of your bike when there are clouds over the sun, to reduce shadows. Still, it'd be nice to have that blue sky in the pictures.

Open Layer
Apr 16, 2008

So after being hellishly busy after moving house and starting a new job I finally got to get my bike out for a run! My '91 Honda CB 400 and my friends Bandit, all shiny and clean.

Pre-clean(that puddle on the ground isn't mine, honest)

Post-clean

They didn't stay clean for long, many flies were killed :black101:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This bike, THIS MOTHERFUCKING BIKE, is so loving smooth. I mean I gave it a little gas and the speed kept on climbing going faster and faster without me even noticing. :stare:

Its a loving awesome bike and the only bad thing today is that I need to buy a more oval helmet as my head motherfucking hurts.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ElMaligno posted:

This bike, THIS MOTHERFUCKING BIKE, is so loving smooth. I mean I gave it a little gas and the speed kept on climbing going faster and faster without me even noticing. :stare:

Its a loving awesome bike and the only bad thing today is that I need to buy a more oval helmet as my head motherfucking hurts.

I found this too, it doesn't seem to accelerate like a sportsbike. You point it at a distant object and that object suddenly becomes magnified many times over.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

SimplyCosmic posted:

Let me know if you want a riding buddy when you do it, that route is 10 minutes from my house.
Edit- you or RuPaul or anyone else really.

kenny powerzzz fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 11, 2013

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Slavvy posted:

I found this too, it doesn't seem to accelerate like a sportsbike. You point it at a distant object and that object suddenly becomes magnified many times over.

That's what having a flat torque curve feels like. Some guys like it, some guys don't.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Snowdens Secret posted:

That's what having a flat torque curve feels like. Some guys like it, some guys don't.

The funny thing is that my GS650L feels the same, but the rex is much faster and doesnt feel anemic doing 50-60 in fifth gear.

But the best thing about this bike is how much recordkeeping the PO did on the bike. The user manual has notes from the year 2000 500 mile maintenance to the most recent oil and coolant change a month ago. He even included the service manual, all the receipts and a few extra tools for the bike. :buddy:

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
Should I have bought an 05 Honda 919 as a second bike? Probably not.

But godammit am I having fun on it.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

blackmanjew posted:

Just picked up one of these the other day. Fantastic bike.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

blackmanjew posted:

Where is that because it looks lovely unironically

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

blackmanjew posted:

This is how I felt about mine; it seemed insanely powerful after my previous bikes but really friendly too. The only thing I ever had to criticise that bike about was the (for me) incredibly poor ergonomics.

And the fact that I had to take a die grinder and a slide-hammer to the exhaust just to be able to hear it above the wind.

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

It's about an hour south of Boise, ID

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Slavvy posted:

This is how I felt about mine; it seemed insanely powerful after my previous bikes but really friendly too. The only thing I ever had to criticise that bike about was the (for me) incredibly poor ergonomics.

And the fact that I had to take a die grinder and a slide-hammer to the exhaust just to be able to hear it above the wind.

My only complaint is the seat, it's pretty awful, and made worse by the fact that I had tailbone surgery a while ago.

For me I love the quiet exhaust. I blew past my roommate on his cruiser and he said it sounded like a tie fighter going by.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

blackmanjew posted:

Dammit, man.

Dammit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

blackmanjew posted:

My only complaint is the seat, it's pretty awful, and made worse by the fact that I had tailbone surgery a while ago.

For me I love the quiet exhaust. I blew past my roommate on his cruiser and he said it sounded like a tie fighter going by.

I hated the seat and I hated the tank which, while it looks fantastic, is pretty much designed to be as painful and awkward as possible if you try to grip it with your knees.

Mine looked identical to yours, too. Best thing I ever did was tidy up the tail section and get a smoked LED taillight with integrated indicators; made it look a million times better without that huge lump of plastic hanging around behind the wheel.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ElMaligno posted:

The funny thing is that my GS650L feels the same, but the rex is much faster and doesnt feel anemic doing 50-60 in fifth gear.

But the best thing about this bike is how much recordkeeping the PO did on the bike. The user manual has notes from the year 2000 500 mile maintenance to the most recent oil and coolant change a month ago. He even included the service manual, all the receipts and a few extra tools for the bike. :buddy:

I love previous owners like that, I bought an MZ years ago as a winter hack and along with all those kind of details he gave me a bunch of spares (he was selling this one and buying a newer one, but most of the spares would have been interchangeable, he was just a nice guy). He even gave me the number of the secretary of my local MZ club and promised to get me a discount on the membership.

Then I forgot it was premix and killed it :( Sorry really nice guy and sorry ETZ301, although you did at least live on for quite a while as I kept you insured for two more years to build up NCB while I was sans bike for a while.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
so I wrecked my ranger yesterday.
I didn't even wait for the towtruck. I caught a ride to work and put my CBR600 F3 back together.

Got the plates friday.

K&N and new jets...

The 142's were too much. 138 and 140's were just right though. We'll see how she runs after i finish cleaning out that tank though.
I flushed it a BUNCH and tried to get all the varnish out but there's still a thick coating in there.

Here she is running all the seafoam out of the motor. Those valves were dirty as gently caress and held a lot of the seafoam from when I fogged the motor.

Then I rode it home in the worst thunderstorm we'd had this year :-/

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Here she is running all the seafoam out of the motor. Those valves were dirty as gently caress and held a lot of the seafoam from when I fogged the motor.

That van owner must love you

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Snowdens Secret posted:

That van owner must love you

That's my boss' van :kimchi:

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Then I rode it home in the worst thunderstorm we'd had this year :-/

Ha, sold my car yesterday morning. Got caught in a thunderstorm going to work, got rained on coming back, and when I figured it'd probably be safe to run to the store later that night got wet again, the rain catching me right as I was halfway between the store and my house.

I need better rain gear.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Ha, sold my car yesterday morning. Got caught in a thunderstorm going to work, got rained on coming back, and when I figured it'd probably be safe to run to the store later that night got wet again, the rain catching me right as I was halfway between the store and my house.

I need better rain gear.
Sup ill-prepared rain buddy? :doh::hf::sweatdrop:

Yeah I didn't have any rain gear with me. I just had my warm weather gear at the shop.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
On weekends, I pretend that I'm the blue Power Ranger

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin
I'm so happy right now as I can finally post in this thread as a bona-fide motorcyclist. Passed my big bike test on Friday, which means I get to go out and play with my new toy.

2006 Bandit 650

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS

hermand posted:

I'm so happy right now as I can finally post in this thread as a bona-fide motorcyclist. Passed my big bike test on Friday, which means I get to go out and play with my new toy.

2006 Bandit 650

Quite a sharp looking bike there.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The car has sleepy eyes, but it can rest now.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Collateral Damage posted:

The car has sleepy eyes, but it can rest now.

looks more blase to me, maybe its not a fan of bikes :what:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Today, I ride. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

New (to me) bike doing what it does best.