Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
I'll say it again: I want to be Hai when I grow up. :stare: That's completely amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
"26 minutes is the longest game Quantic has played"

:stare:

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TheModernAmerican posted:

They keep his build normal, they just have the ADC play him.

M eye a is probably the worst pro-level support I've ever seen.

I've been saying this for months. It's not that anyone's disagreed with me, but it hasn't changed at all. Chuuper is also pretty weak at AD himself, but coL needed to make more changes to the team than they did (and earlier)

Age of the Atomic Mom
Oct 15, 2009

Hey Studio, what have you told Velocity since yesterday to help prepare them for today?

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Yeah, the picks for Complexity seem bad they should forget about team fights and think about what will win them their lane. Step one for them is not to get crushed in laning phase. That fiddlesticks pick is not bad if you're hyper aggressive but they are getting so crushed they should pick wave clear champs and just try to keep their towers from collapsing inside 5 mins. Jeebus!

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry

Studio posted:

I've been saying this for months. It's not that anyone's disagreed with me, but it hasn't changed at all. Chuuper is also pretty weak at AD himself, but coL needed to make more changes to the team than they did (and earlier)

I've said it since like week 3 when he missed 3 Sona ults in a row.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Zed & Kha'Zix banned. I'm loving Hai's champion variety in this series. :allears:

CoL going to their comfort champions, but giving Quantic all their comfort champions in the process. Should be interesting. I wonder if Quantic can keep this sub-30 minute winning streak.

Miftan fucked around with this message at 20:41 on May 11, 2013

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

Why is Complexity so attached to unconventional/bad supports?

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
:laffo: holy poo poo this game is hilarious

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
col are so far out of their league.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
Goodbye, Complexity. Sad to see you go, but Quantic looks to make the LCS more exciting.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Whiffed Sona ult.

Doesn't even matter.

silly
Jul 15, 2004

"I saw it get by the mound, and I saw Superman at second base."
Quantic should have been in the spring season if they hadn't screwed up the qualifiers weekend. Going to be fun to have them and their playstyle in LCS. On other hand, it's pretty hosed up that coL is gonna be back to living with their parents. Hope Riot works on supporting non-LCS teams better.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
"Balls has dropped" -- Phreak

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Quantic will be a contender for the top of the LCS in the summer split. I think they are easily a Top 4 NA team. It's really crazy that they failed to qualify in the Spring.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
What a squash match, Quantic were another level. I really liked their killer instinct balanced with smart tactics.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, I was really hoping for complexity to come through but they looked completely outclassed.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

silly posted:

Quantic should have been in the spring season if they hadn't screwed up the qualifiers weekend. Going to be fun to have them and their playstyle in LCS. On other hand, it's pretty hosed up that coL is gonna be back to living with their parents. Hope Riot works on supporting non-LCS teams better.

Speaking purely as a player (with no inside knowledge of the eSports side), I would guess that s4 and even the summer side will have a better amateur experience. The IPL coming apart kinda sucked, and with LCS doing so well, I only see the setup growing.

Big grats to Quantic. Best of luck to complexity.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

silly posted:

They could easily set up a 2nd-tier 8-team league

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

They're a lot better than they were in January. Back in Jan. there would be a chance they would just do something... stupid. That's no longer the case. There were minor mistakes but not to the point of what they used to have.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Every single match under thirty minutes. :stare: We have almost three spare goddamn hours before the second Bo5! (Fake edit: or maybe not, are they bumping Velocity forward?)

I am so sad to see Complexity go because they're great dudes, but god drat Quantic is going to be a fantastic team. They have a real shot at going to the very top.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

MRN is gonna get carried hard by MegaZero.

Can't stop the nerd.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Kinda sad, I'd imagine some of these teams will completely shatter after getting knocked out. Quantic played incredibly though and smashed them into the earth, so it's what happens. I think Nickwu towards the tail end of that final game was completely demoralized, you could see it on the guy's face. :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TheModernAmerican posted:

MRN is gonna get carried hard by MegaZero.

Can't stop the nerd.
I can't stop the urge to push him into a locker.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I kind of think maybe not making the LCS helped Quantic. They stuck it out and kept improving instead of dealing with all the drama and pressure of the LCS. I am super excited to see what they ring to the table.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Imagine Quantic with WildTurtle o.o

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Balls, like, says the same word, like, a lot. Like.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

Miftan posted:

Balls, like, says the same word, like, a lot. Like.

He's so adorably nervous :allears:

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Where's the blurb from the coach? Riot pls

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
MegaZero on Riven. I can respect that.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Comrade Question posted:

MegaZero on Riven. I can respect that.
They let the official Best Riven NA have Riven...

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Well, that's one prediction gone horribly wrong for me. I wonder what happened to pr0lly's champion pool? Did his team force him to play the OPs or was it his choice?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

He played the OP (Tf, Diana). It went poorly.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
The look on Cris's face just then as he got Riven'd was pretty hilarious.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Mad Fnorder posted:

The look on Cris's face just then as he got Riven'd was pretty hilarious.

He's also just straight up missing cs without MegaZero having to do anything but stand there.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
This Trist/Thresh combo is sick

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Velocity with the turnaround :aaa: also NK Inc stole the dragon which I don't think the comms noticed

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
A Lich Bane on Ahri. Aw yeah.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
wooh gogo velocity!

still super close though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
Extremely strong play from Cris there. VES had a shaky start but they're team fighting really well

• Locked thread