Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

drat James, that was too close for comfort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :negative: :suicide:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Drogadon posted:

So it's time now for Benfica to gently caress up and gift the league to Porto? :ohdear:

:suicide:

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

I'm dying over here gently caress everything and everyone.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I knew Jorge Jesus would gently caress this up. They were putting the pressure on Porto but then they decided to play it safe in the second half.

Fucks sake, Vitor Pereira won another title.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Yeah Jorge Jesus hosed up by parking the bus. Now let's hope that Pacos manages to take points from Porto :negative:

Exclusive
Jan 1, 2008

lol that Benfica coach is one Flash Gordon looking motherfucker. Such a cowardly, scared strategy in a big game.

FlyingPJ
Oct 8, 2009
Can't believe that just happened.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Think we all knew this was going to happen, Benfica are embarassing.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Drogadon posted:

Yeah Jorge Jesus hosed up by parking the bus. Now let's hope that Pacos manages to take points from Porto :negative:

That won't happen. Paços clinched 3rd place today, and Porto isn't one to throw leagues away. Unlike Benfica and Jorge Jesus. Two leagues in a row Jesus blew it to Vitor loving Pereira. loving hell. Kill me

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.
Ri-loving-diculous.

Mariana Cabral ‏@aminhabola 14m
neste momento o melhor que o lfv podia fazer era ligar para o paços e oferecer um estádio novo em troca de vitória

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
And there is the collapse. :sigh:

For next week:
- If Benfica wins vs. Moreirense and Porto ties or loses at Paços Ferreira, then Benfica wins the league title.
- If Benfica ties vs. Moreirense and Porto loses at Paços Ferreira, then Porto wins the league title due to head-to-head points tie-breaker.
- Any other combination of results, Porto wins the league title.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
Even if we drop the title to Paços, it was worth it.
It was worth it to pay 6 months of wages to Liedson for him to come on and pass for the final goal.
It was worth it because we didn't lose in Dragão.
It was worth it because of Pinto da Costa's little celebration dance.
It was worth it because of Jesus's incredibly giffable reaction at the end.

This is why I watch football :allears:

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't put this on imgur, give me a host and i'll ninja edit it.

But i'll still post this gif because it's worth it. (Stole yours Kold, thanks)

Only saw this now. lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzPq98sD83Q

Mans fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 12, 2013

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
loving hell, my landlord dropped in with a few minutes left in the game and I missed all the excitement. I just assumed it ended a draw.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mans posted:

I can't put this on imgur, give me a host and i'll ninja edit it.

I dropped it on the other thread. Use minus in the future, it has a huge limit for gifs.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Vítor Pereira crying was pretty shameful too, what a pansy, he's going to get fired anyway.

Let's not forget that last week a Benfica fan graffited the Marques statue with "Reserved for Benfica", hope he feels like a dumb gently caress today.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Perfect sync :negative:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owxrXKOVnQA

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Any Portugoons (?) know a lot about Maritimo's Valentin Roberge? Been in the league for a while now, he's heavily linked with a move up to Sunderland.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

bow chicka wow wow posted:

Any Portugoons (?) know a lot about Maritimo's Valentin Roberge? Been in the league for a while now, he's heavily linked with a move up to Sunderland.

He ain't bad, he's been hyped as one of the best players outside of the 'Big' clubs, though that doesn't really amount to much, especially as a move to a premier league club. Though he is still relatively young, and is going away on a free, wouldn't be a bad backup I guess.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Let's keep the faith.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Come on Pacos!

Nice! GolTV here are gonna do a simulcast sort of thing, didn't expect that.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

drat first row sports isn't working. Guess I'll have to rely on Antena 1 like the good all days.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Hope lasted for 22 minutes :negative:

e: try rojadirecta.me for streams

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Uh oh, red card on PF.
Penalty goal for Porto. :sigh:

If you have it, RTP International is showing the Porto game.

Yechezkel fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 19, 2013

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp, god is dead. Goodnight everyone.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Van Wolfswinkel owns so much, 2 goals already tonight. Sporting 3 nil up

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Didn't want Porto to win this way. It was outside the area and wasn't even foul.

Oh well, go Academica!

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Ahahaha, goal Moreirense :pwn:

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

welp, a treble of failure is very likely at this point...

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Losing the title the way we did is almost hilarious. Benfica pissing a way a comfortable lead and Porto cementing the title with a bad ref call.

It's like the last 10 years of Portuguese football condensed in one month.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Wake me up when August comes around.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Goal attempt by Benfica hits the post, followed by another attempt that flies over the goal. Season in a nutshell.

Drogadon posted:

welp, a treble of failure is very likely at this point...

My cousin told me Sporting had a similar fate years ago, losing all of the championship games they were in. What games did they lose at?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Could have been way worse though, Pacos could have beaten Porto only for Benfica to concede an equalizer at the 97th minute to throw it all away. At least this is a more merciful disappointment.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Yechezkel posted:

Goal attempt by Benfica hits the post, followed by another attempt that flies over the goal. Season in a nutshell.

My cousin told me Sporting had a similar fate years ago, losing all of the championship games they were in. What games did they lose at?

It was in 2005, They lost the Uefa cup final against CSKA and also lost the league and the cup in the last game.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Christ I've just seen Porto's penalty, thats a shocking decision

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Camoes posted:

It was in 2005, They lost the Uefa cup final against CSKA and also lost the league and the cup in the last game.

To Benfica no less. That's why this hear we're hearing more fans of Sporting celebrating Porto's and Chelsea's victories than the actual fans themselves.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

That save!

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's the English word for azia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Benfica scores, Porto scores, crushing Benfica's hopes.

• Locked thread