Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Damiya posted:

All the complaints about the dude's looks are pretty uncalled for, guys. Cmon now :/

It's mostly razzing. I do think Vile should legit visit a stylist if Velocity gets into the LCS, though, Studio.

Also what was that dragon teamfight, that was clownshoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Dragongem posted:

hahahaha that was the worst best double kill from maplestreet

He just sorta stumbled into it, missing every single skillshot on the way.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Those heat seeking missiles are beautiful to watch.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
Baron Nashor: Still a "noob trap", like Dyrus said.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

And that's why it's not ALWAYS a bad idea to try to rush a desperation Baron

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Vilerose doesn't seem that... good.

e: But that was a great rumble ult, finally.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Maplestreet + Vilerose are redefining poo poo ultimates.

e: I say this mostly just because I want them to win so badly.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Cris is infuratingly bad at teamfighting with Elise, he keeps getting caught out and dying

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

This is pretty fun to watch, I thought that second baron was going to seal the deal.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

VES are loving shotputters.

Training that throwing arm.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
The worst thing about that fight was that Ecco missed a kill on zyra by whiffing a point blank Q. That cost them the quick win.

E: Nientonsoh is a boss

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Ahahahahahaha, after playing like complete trash for 56 minutes, support Zyra suddenly womans up and pushes 4 people out of her base on her own

BASERACE

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

XPEKE

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nien is such a beast. Amazing.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
This is the best series :allears:

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

Ugh I'm over VES.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Nein is sick of these teamfights

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

That loving ending!

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.
Nientonsoh pulled his best xpeke impression and backdoored the Nexus with seconds to spare! Amazing plan.

EDIT: Nientonsoh really wants to stay in the LCS after finally getting in with MRN. I'm sure he's pretty intense after his experience with Cloud 9.

King of the Cosmos fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 12, 2013

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Dat Corki :allears:

Okita
Aug 31, 2004
King of toilets.
One thing I notice that VES seems to do in every fight is they all focus different targets. I bet if someone was calling targets and they systematically took them down 1 by 1 they would do a lot better. Think how M5/Gambit do their team fights. They all focus one person at the start and that person dies instantly, effectively turning it into a 5v4.

Basically I think VES' biggest weakness is their teamfighting.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
VES needs to work on their CS a bit more. MRN had a good 150+ lead on them by the end. Hell of a good series though

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Man if VES had had a season worth of training and concentration they would be so goddamned awesome. The mistakes they're making right now are just mechanical stuff that can be learned (and Rumble not buying a loving hourglass, wtf were you thinking dude?).

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
If MRN makes it back into the LCS it will be solely because Nientonsoh wills it so.

Bad News Panda
Aug 17, 2010

:gaysper:
Kirby says trans rights!

I haven't watched a lot of MRN's matches, but wherever they got this Nientonsoh guy, they need to get more like him. Guy's doing work for them and I'd actually like MRN to get back into the LCS so I can watch some more of him.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

VES seem like they're all inferior players man for man pretty much across the board, but they have better playcalls a lot of the time (as well as off-the-wall strategies) to make up for it

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

The Mash posted:

Normally I can deal with pro gamers being weird looking but seriously the hair on those two Velocity-players is actively making it hard for me to cheer for them, even though I'd normally definitely want them to win.

It's the worst hair I've ever seen and there's TWO of them. How the gently caress does that even happen.

E: Maplestreet has dumb hair too but he mostly just looks like a 10-year-old as a result.

Is there a good looking NA team? Full of neckbeards and basement dwellers which is why I like the NA scene. Keeping it real.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

The Mash posted:

VES seem like they're all inferior players man for man pretty much across the board, but they have better playcalls a lot of the time (as well as off-the-wall strategies) to make up for it

I think NkInc is a better jungler, maybe.

Either way, I think the big question now is "Can Velocity get their heads back in the game". You could see the devastation on their faces at the way that ended and I feel like they might just pitch this 4th game.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

IBentMyWookie posted:

Is there a good looking NA team? Full of neckbeards and basement dwellers which is why I like the NA scene. Keeping it real.

Good point. Dignitas are particularly bad as well.

Saintvicious looks like any fratguy ever, he'd be the jungler in my I Can't Believe They're Not Normal People team. Aphromoo gets in as well, he's got swagger. Dan Dinh is fine too, he's got a lot of charisma which is also why he's a solid co-host/expert commentator.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

IBentMyWookie posted:

Quantic Gaming looks pretty normal.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I really like that little tactical maneuvre by VES there. Lanes were swapped so the duos weren't opposite eachother, at which point you normally expect both duos to take their lane towers early. VES, however, spent a lot of resources to just about keep their tower alive vs the MRN duo (Rumble blue pot, Rumble ult on minions, Shen hanging around for a couple of minutes) and then swapped their duo into the lane after taking bot tower. As a result, they're a tower ahead and MRN can't pull one back the in lane they were expecting to. Really nice little detail.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

BEEN DRIVING FOR LIKE 3 HOURS WHY HAVEN'T WE WON YET

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I really dislike the tear build on Karthus because while it's super easy for him to charge it up, it cripples any kind of mid-game Requiem damage by delaying the Deathcap/Void Staff.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Rivington: With Zac in the game you have to ward in new places!

More like wards barely matter when you're playing against a Zac because he'll loving jump to bottom lane from mid.

Studio posted:

Don't post and drive bro >:(

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Really good dragon steal and positioning so they could push down that inhib tower

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I'm a crappy silver league jungler but ClakeyD has really been bad at smiting today.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012

Studio posted:

oh man have you been sitting in saturday traffic instead of with the team?

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Damiya posted:

oh man have you been sitting in saturday traffic instead of with the team?

Yeah, entourage was 1 man too big, and I had to wait until Saturday to show up. I'm with Team Summon at Dream Lab right now though. I shook l0cust when we won that last team fight

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

^^^^ Adorable.

PLEASE VELOCITY PLEASE

Overcome Nientonsoh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

That Shen ult was dumb as hell, they had Baron and he was far away from the enemy.

• Locked thread