Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yes, he's the bad guy who's city-state went to poo poo because of his insane philosophy and eventually became nothing but a half flooded asylum of junkies with magic powers and robots with drill arms.

So, you know, the moral compass.

Granted, it was more that the place started as a seeming utopia, then rapidly turned to poo poo because it turns out humans are greedy bastards. :v:

And on another note, apparently Barack Obama's official FB page just shared this on Thursday (on excuses climate-change deniers give):

As you can imagine, the comments section is shittier than a latrine.

Regalingualius has a new favorite as of 00:47 on May 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
From the childfree group I post about now and then:

I'm hoping it's a troll. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Does Tumblr count for this thread? I saved this as missingthepoint.png.

I'm honestly wondering how long that will take to be credited to one of the Founding Fathers.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

bean_shadow posted:

From the childfree group I post about now and then:

I'm hoping it's a troll. At the same time I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

What the hell is a Childfree Anti-Natalist? I don't get what this dude's talking about :psyduck:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

What the hell is a Childfree Anti-Natalist?

Childfree is "I don't have kids because I DON'T WANT THEM OK? IT'S A LIFESTYLE CHOICE MOM!", I'm guessing Anti-Natalist is being opposed to any and all reproduction because reasons.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

What the hell is a Childfree Anti-Natalist? I don't get what this dude's talking about :psyduck:

A horrible bitter person who hates children and people who choose to have children.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Anti-Natal---against people who have children. I joined because I thought, "Oh well, I'm childfree this could be interesting." It was, in ways I could never have imagined.

They feel like martyrs. They go out of their way to tell people they are childfree. Then when others don't care or get offended that the childfree hate them so much, the childfree are the ones who get offended and come post in this group.

It starts out with people irritated that family often hound them about having kids, which is understandable. But then it snowballs into fanatics, just like any group.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Yeah, I figure I don't need to spoil the basic plot of Bioshock in 2013, so this is the guy whose city based on that principle basically turned into a drug fueled underwater Ultra-Somalia.

Don't forget that the character in question is a gigantic hypocrite, and the second it looked like he was not going to be king poo poo anymore he started clamping down on the market and trying to mind control the populace.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Marijuana makes you violent is such obvious satire that a very special type of idiot comes out, like chad

http://www.imgur.com/EXU9wXO.png
http://www.imgur.com/zdodeNP.jpeg
http://www.imgur.com/8nyxsZg.jpeg

Bonus: "hacker" with a guy fawkes mask as his pro pic (that I accidentally cut off :saddowns:

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Profondo Rosso posted:

Marijuana makes you violent is such obvious satire that a very special type of idiot comes out, like chad

Bonus: "hacker" with a guy fawkes mask as his pro pic (that I accidentally cut off :saddowns:

"u r iloterate go bak to scool"

Come on, that has to be a troll.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

This is true, society's general reaction to paedophiles is to ask them in a kinda pushy way "So when are you guys gonna finally settle down and stop raping kids?"

swampland has a new favorite as of 06:48 on May 12, 2013

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I think the Child Free groups may be the most bullshit martyrs I've ever encountered. Like, it's literally just always a bunch of people going "UGH so yesterday I SAW A KID and I was like, ugh, gross, and the person I said it to didn't suck my dick for my bravery right there! I'm basically super oppressed." That or just people who legitimately can't grasp that the 'social pressure' they're feeling most likely is in their head.

password is taco
Oct 23, 2012
Posted by a girl on my friends list that has a "professional cosplay" account and constantly re-posts gamer girl, LOL RANDOM MONKEYCHEESE BACON NINJAS!!! XDDD, and anything else that's awkward and anime/Dr. Who quite frequently:

The picture is bad enough, but that one girl's comment is just :catstare:

edit: woops broke tables

password is taco has a new favorite as of 16:07 on May 12, 2013

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Mans posted:

This is marvelous :allears:

I love this because like every weird kid his friends are kids who are clearly just there to mock him.

massive spider has a new favorite as of 11:48 on May 12, 2013

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Trash Boat posted:

Firefighter guy

I'm really pulling for this guy . He makes me want to be a firefighter too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

password is taco posted:

Posted by a girl on my friends list that has a "professional cosplay" account and constantly re-posts gamer girl, LOL RANDOM MONKEYCHEESE BACON NINJAS!!! XDDD, and anything else that's awkward and anime/Dr. Who quite frequently:

The picture is bad enough, but that one girl's comment is just :catstare:

Interesting that the image assumes you're miserable and don't enjoy any hobbies or have a decent job. I guess that's "videogamemes" demographic.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I think the Child Free groups may be the most bullshit martyrs I've ever encountered. Like, it's literally just always a bunch of people going "UGH so yesterday I SAW A KID and I was like, ugh, gross, and the person I said it to didn't suck my dick for my bravery right there! I'm basically super oppressed." That or just people who legitimately can't grasp that the 'social pressure' they're feeling most likely is in their head.

There can be some pressure there from people, but you're right in that usually it's usually just a minor annoyance more than anything. The rabid childfree people are really embarrassing by association if you're just a normal sane person who happens to not want children.

Ghost Party
Feb 9, 2013

Profondo Rosso posted:

This page is awesome and if you can't see that then you should probably put the reefer down.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
Child free anti-natalists view societal support of children as a form of oppression. They're not the only ones: How many times have you heard someone bitching that they don't have any kids in the schools, so their property taxes shouldn't have to go to the schools? Lots of people really hate teachers, too, for the same reason. Having someone who rants at you simply because you teach and thus freeload on the backs of society because kids are only the parents' responsibility is, well, special. I like to tell them I'm a childfree teacher, which is a difficult one for them to wrap their heads around.

Childfree women who are trying to get sterilized often go a little bonkers because of the sexism they tend to experience inside and outside the medical community, and I think it's understandable that when you are assumed to not have autonomy over your own body that's a very real form of oppression. It makes you hypersensitive to social pressures to have kids. I don't know what the basis of male childfree resentment might be on a personal level other than selfishness or immaturity. Once I got sterilized and I no longer had to worry about dying from an accidental pregnancy, I found that kids were pretty awesome as long as they belonged to someone else. I was never as bad as the hardcore childfree, but I'm glad to no longer have that resentment.

If you're not a broken person, then you realize that society kinda needs kids and nobody's asking you to raise them yourself. But if you missed the central message of Bioshock and are attracted to politics of total selfishness (extreme tax-free, anti-natalists, anti-education), then you're going to view everything through that lens, from play places at McDonald's to children's programming to schools and taxes. They go through life with a miserable sense of crushing oppression and are set up to hate every single person they talk to, since every person they see might be a breeder or a sympathizer. It can't be fun to live like that.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I can't tell if this is an ironic profile or not. "It's not racist to have pride in being white! God's wrath is upon San Fagcisco!"

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'
Oh boy howdy. Father went to hospital apparently. Here is his commentary:

Bottom/first post:
"Bloody hell, a friend of the family woman came out of the hospital who looks exactly like one of those old fashioned washing machines. Her arse would be a perfect table for me to put a pint on"

Top/second post:
"Oh my, now a ghost has come out with just a little slit to look through, otherwise covered from top to toe. Brrr, what a person sees round here" (This is relating to a woman in a burka if it isn't clear)

Seems to be a hobby of his, commenting on/taking candid photos of people in the local hospital at posting them to facebook whilst ranting about dirty immigrants. He himself is an immigrant, but ho-hum.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I can't tell if this is an ironic profile or not. "It's not racist to have pride in being white! God's wrath is upon San Fagcisco!"

It's probably not. It sounds like a friend of mine when he was going through his White Power phase in high school.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

It's probably not. It sounds like a friend of mine when he was going through his White Power phase in high school.

Oh. :smithicide:

I was asking because it was on a Gawker article, and Gawker and the Onion have a tendency to attract...ironic comments and fake FB rofiles.

Jerry Manderbilt has a new favorite as of 21:02 on May 12, 2013

OdorousTobacco
Oct 17, 2005
I get the chills thinking that one day this fuckwit may be right
Pro-life NObama girl I always argue with on Facebook today posted:

"Happy Mother's Day! Thank you for not having an abortion like so many said you should do when you got pregnant at 42!"

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Oh man that is the most embarrassing phase to remember later in life.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Tardcore posted:

Oh man that is the most embarrassing phase to remember later in life.

Not if you never leave it :smith:

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

massive spider posted:

I love this because like every weird kid his friends are kids who are clearly just there to mock him.

It's the greatest thing i've ever seen

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
From my cousin.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Behold! A Elk! posted:

From my cousin.

Aw, I just feel bad for him; his dog ate all his cookies and puked them back up.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Aw, I just feel bad for him; his dog ate all his cookies and puked them back up.

You sure he didn't do it from drinking too many wine coolers? :v:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Behold! A Elk! posted:

From my cousin.

Did he forget to bake them or something?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Did he forget to bake them or something?

Those are "no bake cookies" - you don't bake them, you just let them set. They generally start out thicker than those though.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Kimmalah posted:

Those are "no bake cookies" - you don't bake them, you just let them set. They generally start out thicker than those though.

Yup. My husband makes ones with chocolate in them so they look even more like feces than those, it's amazing.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011
What you just let blobs of peanut butter go hard?

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Isn't that basically dried out cookie dough?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

Isn't that basically dried out cookie dough?

Not really. There's no flour, eggs or anything like that in them. It's more like fudge once it sets.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
No bake cookies are delicious.

Also, thank god this is a friend of a friend and not one of my friends:

"Heh, why would you be a sports fan when it takes no intellect? :smug:"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

No bake cookies are delicious.

Also, thank god this is a friend of a friend and not one of my friends:

"Heh, why would you be a sports fan when it takes no intellect? :smug:"

I'm willing to bet that person is a diehard fan of at least one video game or TV show. My money's on Doctor Who.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Mans posted:

This is marvelous :allears:

Holy poo poo am I lucky Facebook wasn't around when I was a (specific type of) idiot. Even still, though, this kid is loving incredible. I confess I'd totally be his friend though if I were his age just so he could beguile me with his tall tales of sexual conquest :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

I'm willing to bet that person is a diehard fan of at least one video game or TV show. My money's on Doctor Who.

I dunno, but from what I can see on his page he's in a lovely hard rock band and spends half his time bitching about how rapping and DJing aren't music(which is sad as gently caress because he has a degree in vocal performance so he should know it's music) and how stupid religion is.

• Locked thread