Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Looks like there's a forum just for this type of thing :haw:: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-tag-relabeling-finishing/t135018.html
I guess they buy padded envelopes for cheap and ship in those first class for $2-3. Or yeah, just get the $5-6 flat rate stuff.

So what's the recommended sizing with these things (Elite jersey)? I generally wear medium shirts nowadays, but am big enough that some larges are wearable too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'll probably just order those online then. $33 sound good to everybody? I need to know which jersey everybody wants. Here's who has dibs:

01. 89
02. Beer4theBeerGod
03. Demp
04. SteelAngel2000
05. Nystral
06. Japtor
07. DangerKat

Put it in this format:

Name: 89
Jersey: Michael Vick (Home)
Size: Medium

Once I collect info from everybody, I'll put my paypal on here. I don't want to have to sit on people's money for very long before I can get this order off. Also, I've got 2 other friends getting in on this, so we'll be fine on the number game.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The jerseys are shipped in a standard envelope, about three per because they fold and compress the poo poo out of them. May differ for bigger sizes or hockey jerseys but I wouldn't worry about padded envelopes or boxes, just leave them in the plastic and cram into a different envelope (and tape the poo poo out of it).

Couple of other notes, the site I've used (fanscheapjerseys.us) adds $4 for insurance and $1 in tax on any item, on top of that :20bux: for orders under 10. Take a $20 jersey, it becomes $45 after those fees. Now, if you don't use Western Union (whatever you do don't use your credit card just for security purposes, either use a prepaid burner or Paypal), there's a 5% fee on top of everything. Somehow the Chinese calculate 5% of $45 to be $3.60, so the total is now $48.60 on a $20 jersey. Now, bump that to 10 jerseys and it comes out to $270 total, $27 per on a $20 jersey, which is far more reasonable, but then it's whatever it costs for that second shipping, so make it about $30 per, and obviously it's dependent on the price of the jersey you get.

My personal recommendation is get two or three friends and be ready to spend about a hundred bucks each as everyone gets a couple; doing a group buy like this is fine and all but it can be a headache for whomever is trying to organize everything and lineup payments and shipping and poo poo. I've done this with people at work and it's a pain, and I can easily track down and intimidate those who are stingy with their dough. Not to poo poo on y'all, but I don't know you and I don't like having people I don't know say they're gonna pay me with no accountability. If everyone's comfortable by all means go ahead, but I would exercise caution.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

japtor posted:

Looks like there's a forum just for this type of thing :haw:: http://www.t-shirtforums.com/t-shirt-tag-relabeling-finishing/t135018.html
I guess they buy padded envelopes for cheap and ship in those first class for $2-3. Or yeah, just get the $5-6 flat rate stuff.

So what's the recommended sizing with these things (Elite jersey)? I generally wear medium shirts nowadays, but am big enough that some larges are wearable too.
I got an Elite jersey from another place and they seem to run a little big. It was a large and it fit me alright, but was a little long and I've lost weight, too, so I'm just gonna order a medium and hope for the best. I'm 5'10", 185 pounds. Right between a medium/some large t-shirts.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Also, I was just looking at stuff and I'm trying to decide between the Elite, Limited, or Game jerseys. The game/limited jerseys seem to run a little shorter, so that's kind of appealing to me. Any of you guys have some comparisons on your own?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Oops hosed up this post :doh:

(I think there was something here about Game and Limited jerseys possibly having a weird fit to them in the upper body and how the sizing was all inconsistent between Christmas vs NFLShop and Nike themselves.)

japtor fucked around with this message at 19:29 on May 12, 2013

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Going to a market in Korea famous for counterfeit jerseys. I'll post pics. Gonna buy a fair few.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 12, 2013

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Man, I don't know why but the Game jerseys are the only ones that look like normal jerseys.

Name: DangerKat
Jersey: Adrian Peterson (home)
Size: Large

Jersey: Donald Driver (home)
Size: Small

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
I'm down for 2 drat wish they had cheaper customs. I'd love to make a Jason Hanson jersey. :(

Name: Comfortador

Jersey: Calvin Johnson http://christmas-jersey.com/views/?2012-NIKE-Detroit-Lions--81-Calvin-Johnson-blue-ELite-jersey-21033.html
Size: 2x

Jersey: Reebok Nick Fairley http://christmas-jersey.com/views/?Detroit-Lions-98-Nick-Fairley-blue-Color-Jersey-12750.html
Alternatively: Jason Hanson if someone points out they do other roster players other than a 60 dollar custom :(
Size: 2x

Comfortador fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 12, 2013

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
I'm down for one or two, if they can do a custom seahawks Sherman jersey because no official ones exist.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I'm down for this, will post tomorrow when I decide what I want.

Name: Whip Slagcheek
Brian Dawkins
http://www.christmas-jersey.com/views/?NFL-Jerseys-Philadelphia-Eagles--20-Dawkins-Green-25436.html
Size: 50 (L)

LeSean McCoy
http://www.christmas-jersey.com/views/?2012-Nike-Elite-Philadelphia-Eagles-25-lesean-McCOY-Black-Jersey-21067.html
Size: 52 (XL)
If there's room in the order, of course. If not, no big deal.

Whip Slagcheek fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 13, 2013

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Nevermind, sorry.

No Irish Need Imply fucked around with this message at 20:15 on May 12, 2013

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I was actually meaning that this was only for the guys on the list.....but, I'm a nice guy, so I'll let the new guys get on.

Nobody else! List is closed!

Need everybody's order info & payment by 7 PM central, Monday. If I don't have the info, then sorry, bro! Gotta set a cutoff date, can't have a bunch of people waiting on 1 person.

Paypal is stephanrules@gmail.com. Please include the info you post in here in the Paypal payment info.

89 fucked around with this message at 09:22 on May 12, 2013

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
So what exactly is Arizona football famous for except that one year Sports Illustrated picked them to win it all and they finished like 6-5 or something

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

89 posted:

I was actually meaning that this was only for the guys on the list.....but, I'm a nice guy, so I'll let the new guys get on.

Nobody else! List is closed!

Need everybody's order info & payment by 7 PM central, Monday. If I don't have the info, then sorry, bro! Gotta set a cutoff date, can't have a bunch of people waiting on 1 person.

Paypal is stephanrules@gmail.com. Please include the info you post in here in the Paypal payment info.

Hah sorry man, but thanks for doing this. I tried before to order jerseys and my cards always refuse it.

So for 2 jerseys (one 21.5 and the other 17 (reebok)) How much should I send you?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Comfortador posted:

Hah sorry man, but thanks for doing this. I tried before to order jerseys and my cards always refuse it.

So for 2 jerseys (one 21.5 and the other 17 (reebok)) How much should I send you?

The $21.50 ones came out to be $33 after the fees and second shipment charge. So, I'm gonna say $33 and $29, so $62 together!

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Wait...wait.

What I said was...

...Do you understand?

89 posted:

The $21.50 ones came out to be $33 after the fees and second shipment charge. So, I'm gonna say $33 and $29, so $62 together!

Paypal sent, you are awesome! :allears:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sorry, 2xl is too small for me. Thanks though!

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Name: Nystral

Jersey 1 - Ronde Barber Orange Nike Elite - http://christmas-jersey.com/views/?2012-NEW-NFL-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-20-Barber-Orange-Jerseys-%28Elite%29-30655.html

SIZE: LARGE
Jersey 2 - Derrick Brooks Red REBOK - http://christmas-jersey.com/views/?Tampa-Bay-Buccanee-55-brooks-red-Jerseys-6380.html

SIZE: LARGE

If I understand correctly based on Comfortador that's $62 as well?

Nystral fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 12, 2013

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Nystral posted:

Name: Nystral

Jersey 1 - Ronde Barber Orange Nike Elite - http://christmas-jersey.com/views/?2012-NEW-NFL-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-20-Barber-Orange-Jerseys-%28Elite%29-30655.html

Jersey 2 - Derrick Brooks Red REBOK - http://christmas-jersey.com/views/?Tampa-Bay-Buccanee-55-brooks-red-Jerseys-6380.html

If I understand correctly based on Comfortador that's $62 as well?

Sounds good!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
Looks like they updated the Elite jerseys for the Vikings, so I'm changing my order (on both jerseys)

Name: DangerKat
Jersey: Adrian Peterson (home) ELITE
Size: Large

Jersey: Donald Driver (home) ELITE
Size: Small

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Actually check out the size chart. A 56 is listed as a 3xl.I wonder which is true.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
My guess is that their sizing chart is based off of just the Reeboks and they never updated their site for the Nike sizes. They list a 48" chest as a medium, that's a Reebok 48" medium jersey (Nike is 44").

Anybody have experience on their sizes they've gotten from christmas-jersey? My medium (44) Elite jersey I got from yukijersey doesn't fit too bad, it's just too long. I'm sure it's just the name "small" making me hesitant in ordering that size, but I gotta keep the length stuff in mind being 5'10" :(.

Maybe with length, I should get a Limited jersey instead of an Elite. Looks like they run an inch shorter. I'm just still trying to tell the difference between a Limited and an Elite jersey because they sound the same.

89 fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 12, 2013

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Sorry 89, something came up and I have to back out so I guess you can give my spot to someone else if you want.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I will measure myself tonight. Shirt length is my biggest concern since I'm 6'9". Maybe I can call or email and verify. When do you need to know?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I will measure myself tonight. Shirt length is my biggest concern since I'm 6'9". Maybe I can call or email and verify. When do you need to know?
I'd like to have this rolling by tomorrow night.

- And Demp, that's cool. If one more person wants to hop on, I can do that.

- I forgot I haven't ever washed my Nike Elite 44 (Medium) Ray Lewis jersey (I haven't worn it!). I put it in the washer on hot & cold water and gonna see if that shrinks it a little.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Was just about to send, one last thing, are you including PayPal fees on your side or are we paying that? ("Goods and Services" vs "Friends or Family")

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

japtor posted:

Was just about to send, one last thing, are you including PayPal fees on your side or are we paying that? ("Goods and Services" vs "Friends or Family")

I've noticed they haven't been feeing me on my transactions, and I got the full $62 from Nystral, so looks like fees aren't an issue.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Well it's showing $1.62 if I do Friends or Family, just wondering whether that was part of your $33 calculation cause I don't want to leave you with that fee if you didn't expect it (...and all moot if it doesn't charge you of course).

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I didn't throw it in as part of my calculations since it looks like it's not charging me. You can do the $33 calculation. If it does end up charging me $1.62, then I guess we'll at least know for the next transactions and I'll eat the $1.63. Nystral, do you remember how you sent your payment?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Alright sent it. Fees might be because I'm using a credit card rather than a bank account or a PayPal balance.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

89 posted:

I've noticed they haven't been feeing me on my transactions, and I got the full $62 from Nystral, so looks like fees aren't an issue.

uhhh That wasn't me maybe Comfortador? I'm about to send my money now so not a big deal.

EDIT: I was hit with a free of ~$2.50 which I ate (still cheaper then shipping) and I paid with debit card. Also I kicked over $65 so $3 extra for fees and what not that might spring up.

Nystral fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 12, 2013

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
$66 sent.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Updated list. Payment received from the strikethrough's.

01. 89
02. Beer4theBeerGod
03. Comfortador
04. SteelAngel2000
05. Nystral
06. Japtor
07. DangerKat
08. Whip Slagcheek
09. wheez the roux

I've got 4 friends getting in on this too, so....this is gonna be a big order, heh.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Once I get back to my computer tonight ill send you the 62 I owe you. Thanks for putting this together.

Paypal sent.

Whip Slagcheek fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 13, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I am out. I verified that the largest size is 2xl. Sorry.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
We also are sorry goon

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Name: wheez the roux

Jersey 1 - Russell Wilson Navy Nike Game
SIZE: MEDIUM

Jersey 2 - Richard Sherman Grey Nike Elite
SIZE: SMALL

sending you $66

e: i'm only saving $9 through the group by it seems, and I'll be leaving my mailing address after June 1 -- how quick will the reshipments be, because if it's more than a few days I should really just get these myself

wheez the roux fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 13, 2013

Level1Wizard
Aug 10, 2010
I was watching a video and noticed the dolphins logo in the background looks much more three dimensional.

I don't know if it's just for Dolphins Cam, but I kind of like it more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

wheez the roux posted:

Name: wheez the roux

Jersey 1 - Russell Wilson Navy Nike Game
SIZE: MEDIUM

Jersey 2 - Richard Sherman Grey Nike Elite
SIZE: SMALL

sending you $66

e: i'm only saving $9 through the group by it seems, and I'll be leaving my mailing address after June 1 -- how quick will the reshipments be, because if it's more than a few days I should really just get these myself

I bartend and most of my shifts don't start till night time. So, the turnaround should be quick. I'm thinking I should have them all mailed within a day or two that I receive them.

• Locked thread