Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Serotonin posted:

The Detektuv’s Jurnal: WIP shot number 1 on my Cossack Moloitsy from Wargamer Pl.

So far Ive prepped them, based them on laser cut 2mm MDF bases, PVA and a mix of sharp sand smeared all over, then spray primed with Army Painter Leathr Brown followed by a wash of Agrax Earthshade from GW. I find brown undercoat with a dark wash a good way to basecoat smaller scale models with lots of cloth and flesh on display.

Second WIP shot.

Faces done, basecoated clothing. Advantage of a brown primer, with dark wash is that all the leather straps and things are basecoated, coz straps are annoying as hell to paint. Next Im going to do a quick single colour highlight on clothing, then do the guns, bags etc, then wash. Going for quick and easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I didn't realize that was 15mm! I thought they were good looking 28mm figures, but at 15 they're amazing.

Some more WIP:

If it ever stops raining I can seal these and start basing them.

Bases for heavy weapons teams.

Next to a modern guy for scale.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Cheers moths!

Final WIP shot. Just the musket stocks to paint, and the leggings and shoes to wash and highlight and Im done, other than basing.

Pretty pleased with how these came out. Not bad for a rush job, and the sculpts on the whole are pretty good (although i dont like the weird hunched over looking dude much). Cant beat mohawks, topknots and huge moustaches. Cossacks rock!

Going to have to dig out my lightbox for the final pic, although not sure how I will get on now I no longer own a dSLR. :(

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

OATH COMPLETE Cossack Moloitsy for "By Fire and Sword" in 15mm by Wargamer Pl.

The Detektuv’s Jurnal:

Serotonin fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 11, 2013

Frantz
Jan 10, 2013
First WIP shot (horrible picture, I know. Next one will be better):

Basecoat with nurgling green on all four, then a wash of athonian camoshade. Love that stuff. And now they are set to dry.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I, Achmed Jones, oath this figure: Coot Jenkins, Prospector by Reaper Miniatures. He will be converted to use the violin and bow (also by Reaper). Awwww, I'm a baby!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Updated my oath complete post - forgot to put my name in the finished picture!

krushgroove posted:

Oath Complete!

(edited to add in my name!)

Detektuv's Jurnal: 3 WIP pictures

base colors done (models were preshaded with airbrush)

basing and wash

drybrushing, final details and experimenting with Vallejo Matte Varnish (which is way too matte/dusty), settling on Vallejo Satin Varnish (trying to find an eventual replacement for Testors Dullcote)

Bonus Points: Backstory
(most of the other bonuses being done are the Parts List so I thought I'd change it up a bit!)
The sergeant huddled against the cold. His men grouped together, away from the sergeant, trying to share the warmth of their bodies against the frozen wind. The crater didn't provide any protection from the wind, but at least it prevented thesm from being targeted by the enemy. But who was the enemy? Ahead of them, the supposed forces of Chaos, with welcoming fires and drunken songs inviting the squad to come forth. Behind them, the ruthless commissar and his useless speeches, encouraging his men forward, not caring if they live or die, with a pistol ready to shoot anyone who dared hesitate in their march to death.

He stood up, with a determined look on his face. The sergeant had been praying, praying for guidance from the Emperor, praying for answers. Answers that didn't come. He wasn't praying any longer. His Emperor had deserted him. The Emperor was no longer his emperor. The Emperor was left behind for the masses in their warm tanks, engines rumbling, waiting with the commissar until the weather broke. The other men in the squad turned and looked, then looked at each other. They saw the vestigal horn growing straight through the sergeant's helmet. They knew what it meant. They'd heard the songs and seen the fires just a few yards away. To a man, without even speaking, they stood up, some of them nodding to their leader. As they rose, they saw the other craters, with the other sad huddled groups of ill-equipped and broken men. The craters stretched away, out of sight, for miles along the front. The men in the nearest craters watched as the squad strode forward, towards their new friends, weapons lowered.

They all heard the commissar's amplified voice, but no one listened. All they listened to was the welcoming songs, all they saw were the welcoming fires.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

OATH COMPLETE! Dire Troll Mauler by Privateer Press

The Detektuv’s Jurnal:

WIP #1 - assembled, base made and ready to undercoat!

WIP #2 - Skin is almost complete, finishing off the lighter belly colour

WIP #3 - Beginning the claws and teeth, the end is in sight!

:siren: One-time bonus :siren:

Box Art
Going to get this one in early, as I'm not sure when I'll get the chance to complete this bonus point otherwise.. original box artwork can be found here: wee! original box art! click me!

Parts List
..and again, just getting this in now because hey.. I can :)

For the base, I used a piece of styrofoam carved into an angled rock, because the dire troll plastic kit has this horrible lurch forward and I wanted him standing a bit more upright.. there's also a 1mm thick brass rod holding him onto the base :v:

For the paints...

P3 Cygnar Blue Highlight & Citadel Bugman's Glow for the base colour of the skin
P3 Cygnar Blue Base & P3 Thornwood Green mixed into the base colour for shading
P3 Khardic Flesh mixed into the base colour for highlighting
Citadel Mournfang brown for the base colour on the teeth / claws / rocky protrusions
Citadel Mournfang brown mixed into Vallejo Bone White for highlighting teeth / claws
Vallejo Cobra Leather for highlights on the rocky protrusions
All metals basecoated in Citadel Leadbelcher and washed with Army Painter Dark Tone wash, highlighted with Citadel Leadbelcher
The red hairy bits are basecoated in Vallejo Model Color Burnt Cadmium Red, washed with Army Painter Strong Tone and highlighted with Vallejo Scar Red
Belt / Leather are basecoated in P3 Battlefield Brown, highlighted with the basecolour and Vallejo Bone White

Painting the base... overbrush with P3 Battlefield Brown, drybrush with Citadel Foundation Adeptus Battlegrey, drybrush with Vallejo Cold Grey

I like to use lots of different paint manufacturers :3:

edit: edited to add the paints for painting the base! forgot those

edit edit: I'd like to claim Double the fun! for two of the bonus points pretty please :allears:

enri fucked around with this message at 11:00 on May 29, 2013

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

overthefalls posted:

I, overthefalls, oath the following for May 2013:
24 x High Elf Archers, from Games Workshop.

They've been airbrushed with Rakarth Flesh, thus the shade on them. Single colour.

:wooper: OATH COMPLETE! :wooper:

24x High Elf Archers, including command and 4 archers on one base.

Here's the Detektuv’s Jurnal WIP pics and Parts List:

- Step One - Airbrushed Rakarth Flesh over them all, and did the bases: GW Deathworld Forest base, drybrushed with GW Zamesi Desert. Base is GW Mournfang Brown.

- Step Two - Bows painted GW Zandri Dust, hair is random GW Wild Rider Red, GW Balor Brown, GW Screaming Skull, GW Ushabti Bone. Everything drowned in GW Agrax Earthshade.

- Step Three - Base coats complete. Cloth is touched up GW Rakarth Flesh, the pink is GW Screamer Pink, flesh is GW Cadian Fleshtone.

- Step Four - Robes are brought up with GW Pallid Wych Flesh with GW White Scar highlights. The brown is GW Mournfang brown, and the metal is all GW Ironbreaker. Flesh is washed with GW Reikland Fleshshade.

- Step Five - Up to final.
-----> Pinks are highlighted with GW Pink Horror.
-----> Golds are GW Balthasar Gold -> GW Gehenna's Gold -> GW Auric Armour Gold -> GW Runefang Steel.
-----> Gems are Alaitoc Blue -> Teclis Blue -> White dotted with GW White Scar -> glazed with GW Guilliman Blue.
-----> Metal washed with GW Nuln Oil -> touched up with GW Ironbreaker.
-----> Bow and banner touched up with GW Ushabti Bone and GW Screaming Skull.
-----> Flesh highlighted up with GW Kislev Flesh.

Batch painting at it's finest. I will likely touch up the bases some and add a flag, but I'm not sure what I want to do there yet. If I do, I'll end up doing the Fly Your Flag point.

May I never paint another high elf archer. This brings me to over 40 in this paint scheme; horrid little models.

Now to get rid of that Oathbreaker avatar.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008
:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

Purgey posted:

:siren: I, Purgey, oath 19 Caesar Miniatures Undead (in the jolly old scale of 1/72) :siren:

Parts used: Caesar Minis Undead, some spare (I want to say) celt weapons/shields, and some spare weapons from my Caesar Minis Adventurers box

Detektuv's Jurnal

I began by painting all the metal parts of the miniature Boltgun Metal

Then I painted the wooden bits with cheapo acrylic brown

At this point I was set to apply a wash, I had to choose between Devlan Mud or Gryphonne Sepia. I opted for Sepia.

The final result:

I'm satisfied with how they turned out, but not thrilled. I feel like I would have been better off just drybrushing the poo poo out of them. Anyway, done deal.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that if you painted a bunch of miniatures that go together, you might want to apply for the themed group drawing. Hey, it can't hurt, right?

Big Willy Style posted:

Am I cool to resubmit my oath complete to get sweet, sweet bonus points? I plan to do a little more work on the miniatures as well.

Yes. I will update the spreadsheet to the latest Oath Complete post anyone makes in a given month. Unless krushgroove makes a ruling that you can't, but I don't think there's anything against that in the rules.

I will ask everyone not to abuse this, though. One update because you forgot something is reasonable: doing one every month, or several a month, would be excessive.

Zhent
Oct 18, 2011

The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time.

Leperflesh posted:

Hey everyone! Just a reminder that if you painted a bunch of miniatures that go together, you might want to apply for the themed group drawing. Hey, it can't hurt, right?

Sorry if this is a question already answered somewhere else, but do all the models for the theme drawing need to be part of a single oath? Or since that is a bi-monthly prize, can the models be painted across both months and count as one drawing?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:OATH COMPLETE!:siren:

More to follow below the badly-written journal!

---

Journal of Slimnoid the Barely Omniscient, nevermind sober; May, Year of the Buggard Rodent

Started out like any other day. A day of sitting back and painting the goods what my customers are asking for. Slapping colored liquid onto little army men ain't much of a livin', but it lets a guy eat, y'know? Better n'chowing down on that crap-rear end ramen what comes in little bags, stuff tastes like cardboard. They say y'gotta cook it in boilin' water and add them salty packets, but who's got time for that?

Day like that day, it was anything but bad. Warm n' sunny, perfect for a stroll or a special time with a special lady...neither of which is an option in my line of work. It was mid-day when I noticed the piece of paper slid under the door; eggshell-white, immaculate handwriting, real fancy work there. No return address, or even a name, which was a bit odd. There was but one request, a daunting one even for me:

"Stompa."

drat it. I had just finished a whole cartload of the little green bastards, and now someone wants me to paint one of those Mister Potato-Head looking things. The whispers of the Teddy and his Daydream friends haunted me too, telling me they needed to be done as well--all for some weird competition I'd never heard of. Oath? Like one of them blood oaths? I hope not, I ain't got time to bleed.

Who the hell names their place 'Something Awful?' Smells like cat piss in here...

---

First up, the Games Workshop Ork Stompa!

Waaaaaaaaagh!

Parts List:
  • Krylon: Grey Primer, Matte Varnish
  • Army Painter Red Primer
  • Vallejo Air: Black, Grey Primer, Light Grey, White, Cam. Light Brown, and Light Brown
  • Citadel: Leadbelcher, Averland Sunset, Brass Scorpion, Blood Red, Brown Ink, Nuln Oil, Agrax Earthshade, Astronomicon Grey, Asurman Blue, Hawk Turquise, Blackfire Earth
  • P3: Cold Steel, Sanguine Base
  • Americana: Lamp Black, Neutral Grey, Light Grey
  • Pledge Floor Finish with Future Shine

Secondly, Wyrd Miniatures Teddy and 3 Daydreams!

With the Teddy model, I wanted to give a ripped/torn flesh look to his belly, so I freehand copied an image I GIS'd of someone's tattoo.

Parts List:
  • Krylon: Matte Varnish
  • Vallejo Air: Grey Primer, White, Cam. Light Brown, and Light Brown
  • Citadel: Liche Purple, Agrax Earthshade, Leviathan Purple, Ogryn Flesh, Asureman Blue, Thraka Green, Goblin Green, Baal Red, Bleached Bone
  • Reaper Masterclass: Fire Red, Phoenix Red, Fire Orange
  • Coat d'Arms: Dwarven Flesh, Tanned Flesh, Elven Flesh
  • P3: Sanguine Base, Sanguine Highlight
  • Americana: Lamp Black, Neutral Grey, Light Grey
  • Pledge Floor Finish with Future Shine
  • Greenstuff and Evergreen Scale Models Sidewalk plasticard for the bases

Work in Progress shots!

I believe this puts me up for the Awwww! a BABY!, Parts list, and Backstory bonuses. I also completed this month's Detectuv Jurnal with the work in progress shots for the various models.

I'm not sure if the Teddy and Daydreams would fall under the Themed Group drawing; they all have the same base and go with the same crew for Malifaux, but they obviously don't match up with the Stompa. I'd argue that they do fit for that drawing, but hey, I'll leave that up to the people running this show!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

At 28mm, you need a minimum of 5 figures to qualify for the Themed Group drawing. While the teddy bear is larger, the other three are smaller than usual. Because it's on the edge, I'll leave it to ineptmule to make an official ruling.

Zhent posted:

Sorry if this is a question already answered somewhere else, but do all the models for the theme drawing need to be part of a single oath? Or since that is a bi-monthly prize, can the models be painted across both months and count as one drawing?

Ineptmule's official rules are:

quote:

How do you qualify for this, you ask? Simple. For each oath you make that contains a group of models painted and/or converted to follow a theme you will get an entry into a bi-monthly draw. This means that if both of your oaths for a two-month period qualify you will double your chances of winning this prize! You will be ineligible for winning this again in the draw following a win, but will be able to thereafter.

Personally I think it'd be cool to build a single entry across two Oaths, but that's not envisioned in the rules. I'll again defer to ineptmule if he decides he wants to broaden the rules for this contest.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!

Slimnoid posted:

Great work!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Got to say, loving this oath thread again already.. I've spent 4 evenings painting this week which is more than I've managed to squeeze into one week in years, I totally expected to have to cram time in post-holiday (away all of next week) to get my dire troll finished but totally surprised myself by having him complete this early.. and now I'm eyeballing more models to get painted up for next month, decisions decisions.. ! :) come on June.. hurry up, I want to make another oath :v:

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

At 28mm, you need a minimum of 5 figures to qualify for the Themed Group drawing. While the teddy bear is larger, the other three are smaller than usual. Because it's on the edge, I'll leave it to ineptmule to make an official ruling.

Ineptmule's official rules are:

Personally I think it'd be cool to build a single entry across two Oaths, but that's not envisioned in the rules. I'll again defer to ineptmule if he decides he wants to broaden the rules for this contest.

Quotin' Leperflesh because he addresses both issues in his post.

1. Teddy and Daydreams: I'm sorry to say that wont fulfil the theme. We discussed something similar while planning the thread, and ruled that for simplicity we'll go with the majority scale for the group to determine required numbers. That said, even if there are no more daydreams to join the group you could contrive a way to add somebody - it doesn't have to be from the same team... you could have a hapless victim, for example?

2. Again, we discussed this in planning. It was decided that keeping track of multipart oaths across two months would be a nightmare. In addition, if you started a group in the second month then should you be able to add to it in the next month, after a prize draw? We felt it would be simplest and fairest to go with them having to be completed in the same month.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache oath 9 cultists and one converted warden for the month of May. everything is from Games Workshop. Awww, it's a baby!

I really want to make a bigger oath, but I'm really busy this month so it's going to be challenge just to get these guys painted :v:

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this Hellhound :radcat:

Such plans I have...

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
I, the Honorable Baron Wulfgang Richter von Swagglerock, do hereby oath:

1 Narn, Elven Mage Hunter of Ios (altered to carry two maces instead of swords)
1 General Ossrum, Rhulic Warcaster (altered to carry a rapier/sword instead of an axe, and with military cap altered into Khadoran ushanka)
1 Master Holt, (slightly altered with the addition of a tricorne hat)

These three represent player characters in my Iron Kingdoms game (Iosan bounty hunter, dwarven trader, and human gunmage, respectively). Game looks to be a success so I grabbed them all a dude and am going to paint it up for them.

Goals for this:
1) I am a slow as poo poo painter. Even with my mediocre skill, a single figure usually takes me anywhere from 8 to 10 hours. My goal is to halve that time this month.
2) Make the weapon alterations and the hats not look like poo poo. Never crafted fur before, so the ushanka is worrying.
3) I've been accumulating a ton of basing materials for the last few months and I haven't even touched them. So my goal with these bases is to use only basing materials I have never opened.

Also, question to the mods, if there's a lot of alteration work going into a figure, like turning a ton of scales into fur, does that have to be done with the oath or can that be done pre-oath and then the oath be painting?

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

thiswayliesmadness posted:

I, thiswayliesmadness, oath that I will paint this Brutal Effigy for Malifaux.

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, oath to paint the following 4 monsters: Kraken, Medusa, Cyclops, and Minotaur. They're for the Cyclades boardgame.

Achmed Jones posted:

I, Achmed Jones, oath this figure: Coot Jenkins, Prospector by Reaper Miniatures. Awwww, I'm a baby!

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache oath 9 cultists and one converted warden for the month of May. everything is from Games Workshop. Awww, it's a baby!

Namenlos posted:

I oath this Hellhound (Games Workshop)

Swags posted:

Swags do hereby oath: 1 Narn, Elven Mage Hunter of Ios, 1 General Ossrum, Rhulic Warcaster, 1 Master Holt. All Privateer Press.

Accepted.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
:siren:I Indolent Bastard, oath 5 Elf Linewomen from Shadow Forge Miniatures.:siren:

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 13, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Swags posted:

Also, question to the mods, if there's a lot of alteration work going into a figure, like turning a ton of scales into fur, does that have to be done with the oath or can that be done pre-oath and then the oath be painting?

I'd go with either, either way you should qualify for the conversion prize. If you’re a slow painter I would normally suggest doing the conversion work first then oath the model, but it would be a cool thing to do for the Detektuv’s Jurnal WIP pictures too.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Do we post the paint in a day as soon as it's done, or leave it for the whole oath to be completed?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
All the one-time bonuses, whatever you're qualifying for (group theme, conversion, etc.) or attempting (diorama, etc) should be listed in bold in the same post, with any proof (in this case, the start and finished pics) as your completed picture so Leperflesh can give you the right points.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

krushgroove posted:

All the one-time bonuses, whatever you're qualifying for (group theme, conversion, etc.) or attempting (diorama, etc) should be listed in bold in the same post, with any proof (in this case, the start and finished pics) as your completed picture so Leperflesh can give you the right points.

OK, got the ships to finish, likely be a big post end of the week, but I've got the photos sorted out ready.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
6 15mm Old Glory Grenadiers and 2 officers

The full group:

retook with non-white background:

Grenadiers:

Officer:

WIPs
Started with glueing the little guys down to a popsicle stick and priming, also attaching the horses to their bases and using some pumice filler to hide the molded base edges. while that dried I started from the skin outward.

Got distracted by the first officer (really I wanted to test how to paint these guys without making it look terrible and decided a lone guy would be better if I completely messed it up than one of 24 guys that need to look alike.) After that was satisfactory I moved onto blocking in the uniform colors.

With the second officer's horse done I moved onto the part I was kind of dreading, the belts. It took a steady hand and some clean-up woth the uniform blue, but I got them to a point that would work, again these guys need to look good from 3-4 feet away, and for a 15mm model that means being exact isn't the highest priority, its making them look like a unit.

Overall best advice I can give is the same I got from asking other smaller scale mini painters. You aren't painting a soldier, you are painting an army, don't dwell on the small stuff too much. It is hard for someone who is used to seeing the trees and not the forest, but it came together once the first base of 6 was in front of me.

Now to speed the process up and finish the unit!

Mr.Booger fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 13, 2013

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Mr.Booger posted:

Nice work! What basing material are you using? The mossy stuff in particular looks like it would come in handy for a lot of my bases.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Getting in on this oathing business with the following: Nyss Hunters unit (full, 10 models), Lanyssa Ryssyl, a Croak Hunter, Epic Madrak Ironhide, and a Skarlock Thrall. All are Privateer Press Models. Everything is on a 25mm base except for Epic Madrak, who is on a 40mm.

Everything is primed white except the Skarlock in the back, which is still bare metal.

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004

IrvingWashington posted:

Nice work! What basing material are you using? The mossy stuff in particular looks like it would come in handy for a lot of my bases.

The green mossy stuff is Woodland Scenics Fine Turf Green Grass (T45), the ballast is just extra fine generic from the local train hobby shop, and some grass tufts from army painter.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
:frogsiren:I, Bavius, do oath to paint One 28mm Gamesworkshop Warhammer 40k Tyranid Zoanthrope and intend to do Part's List and the Journal!:frogsiren:

Got a little sick of painting wolves and Orks - doing a test model for my roommate!

E: Welp, first work in progress.

Almost forgot I needed to snap 3 WIP pictures. My goal is to find a way to paint these guys quickly without them looking like total crap. I think I'm off to a pretty good start.

Bavius fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 13, 2013

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Awwww, a baby! I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Master Tormentor Morghoul, six paingiver beast handlers, and a titan gladiator from Privateer Press for the month of May.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I, Iris of Ether, oath that I will paint this random elf warrior for the month of May. Awwww, it's a baby!

I think this model is from a dead company named Adiken? Honestly I have no idea anymore. It's been sitting in my humanoids box for at least 5 years now, and I only bought it because I had an interesting idea on how to paint the sword.

Edit: Adiken? Ironwind Metals? I have no clue.

Edit 2: Ironwind Metals, thanks Dr. Phildo!

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 06:26 on May 14, 2013

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
Oath Complete!

If you're going to gently caress with Viktor Pendrake you better not be a warbeast because he's got Duck and Dismember and poo poo.

WIP shots!

I got into my happy painting zone when I started on Pendrake and zoned out so this was the first picture I took of him. Face, clothes and metals have gotten most of the shading and highlighting.

I didn't really like the purple so I colored the top part of the coat more reddish. Went over the metals again with inks, painted some details like books and the arrow fletching. The head of the beast he's standing on got blocked in with brown.

The major parts of the base got done. Final pass over the metals. Cleaned up the eyes a little.

The brown fur on the beast just blended together with the base so I made it grey instead to make it pop more. Added some gore and painted the front arc.

With some field grass, a swamp tuft and water effects Pendrake's done!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath that I will paint this random elf warrior for the month of May. Awwww, it's a baby!

I think this model is from a dead company named Adiken? Honestly I have no idea anymore. It's been sitting in my humanoids box for at least 5 years now, and I only bought it because I had an interesting idea on how to paint the sword.

Hey, that's a pretty rare miniature you've got there.
Apparently, Adiken made counterfeit minis and got caught.

If you can recognize the name, it'd be cool of you to put a photo up on this page, although be sure to read up on how Lost Minis wants photos named, sized, and placed (I can do it for you if you just send me a photo).

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 14, 2013

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
If these pics are accurate, then it might not be an adiken mini. (At least not nin-gonost)

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_E_2137419571_A_ManufacturerID_E_2145082965_A_CategoryID_E_5_A_GenreID_E_

Still cool to see though. I'm loving seeing so many different companies in this thread!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

ineptmule posted:

Quotin' Leperflesh because he addresses both issues in his post.

Bavius posted:

Great work!

This has been bugging me for a while now, but what is with the matching talking sandwich avatars?

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

These are from the last oath thread and clipped from SRM's My Little Hoagie on YouTube.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Kommando posted:

This has been bugging me for a while now, but what is with the matching talking sandwich avatars?

Those would be broagies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Kommando posted:

We had a little too much fun last year, and our art guy made this (who also made Dawn of Awesome): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzXpIAUjh-A

• Locked thread