Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Rammus spotted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Yep. Ok. Mmhmm.

Sidpret
Jun 17, 2004

Syndra too!

linall
Feb 1, 2007
M'oookay.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Libertine posted:

I'm going to laugh really hard if one of these teams accidentally locks in Nunu

:siren: Rammus Pick :siren:

Rammus requires a lot of coordination from what I can tell. Watching CJ Entus Frost running Rammus it only works when they coordinate really well as a team.

IBentMyWookie fucked around with this message at 21:11 on May 12, 2013

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
As for banning out Scarra, yeah his champ pool is not that deep. It's alright but not exceptional. And honestly, is there anything else from D worth banning? Maybe Draven? A general Shen ban, even though Kiwikid isn't that good at it? General Thresh ban? I don't remember the last time Patoy played him.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
And they do the Syndra blue steal. Nice.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Jatt's Canadian accent coming out whenever he says "dragon" is wonderful :3:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Powerball flashes are so funny.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Grim Samurai needs to quite feeding this Jayce/Rammus combo. :geno: Hint, you can't splitpush against that combo.

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Ahaha, this is when Dig is at their best. Running completely insane strats. The fact that it appears to be viable is only a bonus.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Holy fuckballs that Rammus flash taunt from purple wraiths.

Damiya
Jul 3, 2012
JUMANJI

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
This is the best game of Rammus ever.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Okay, if Dignitas actually brings unconventional play like this during the LCS, I won't complain about them coming back in.

That loving flash :stare: Where the gently caress was this during April?!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

God drat this Jayce/Rammus
e: Ryze/Ez/etc.

Manic_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 12, 2013

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

They didn't need to do this in April. They literally only played Diana, Elise and Xin Zhao for like a span of 8 games before teams started banning them.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
That was pretty entertaining!

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Well, Scarra got his Diana, I feel like this is a very big mistake from TS. Rammus might've been annoying but Crumbz on Rammus would probably be easier to deal with than Scarra on his best champ. Guess they're banking on being able to shut him down in lane by camping him?

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
FIRST BLOOD!!!! FIRST BLOOODDDD!! wait Zac :v:

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Zahki posted:

Well, Scarra got his Diana, I feel like this is a very big mistake from TS. Rammus might've been annoying but Crumbz on Rammus would probably be easier to deal with than Scarra on his best champ. Guess they're banking on being able to shut him down in lane by camping him?

Those two rammus flash plays were amazing.

But its good for dig to expand their pools since people just banned all the scarra champs against them.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
That was a really fun game. I'm okay if Dignitas make it through. Actually when I think about it Dig and CLG getting regulated would be pretty terrible these guys have put off school for 3 years now. WTF are they going to do if they don't make it?

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008
I swear, my blood pressure jumps every time they keep talking about "manning up". Other than that, they're doing a fine job casting, but this constant talk about "manning up" makes me sick. Am I the only one?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Holy poo poo Orianna just completely melted there

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Orianna got vaporised, jesus.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

IBentMyWookie posted:

That was a really fun game. I'm okay if Dignitas make it through. Actually when I think about it Dig and CLG getting regulated would be pretty terrible these guys have put off school for 3 years now. WTF are they going to do if they don't make it?

Resume school ? :v:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

I swear, my blood pressure jumps every time they keep talking about "manning up". Other than that, they're doing a fine job casting, but this constant talk about "manning up" makes me sick. Am I the only one?
Why does it annoy you so much?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Yes, that's ridiculous, it's a universal term used by commentators in virtually every competitive endeavor.

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Flayer posted:

I didn't even notice it until w-rw-rw- pointed it out, but now just the sheer amount they say it is bugging me. Not sure why it's irritating him so much though.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The split push stuff from DIG is not working very well. Every time Scarra goes bottom they seem to get wiped in team fights or skirmishes.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wow. scarra just exploded that Ezreal.

Edit: scarra explodes everyone.

Grogsy
Feb 8, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Wow. scarra just exploded that Ezreal.

Yeah I was wrong, ban scarra, always ban scarra :)

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I mean "manning up" implies a certain version of masculinity, and by extension femininity. I.e. to be a man you have to go all-in, brave, aggressive, etc., if you don't you aren't being a man. I think it's pretty clearly endemic of dominant forms of manhood in our society.

All that said, it doesn't bother me that much, likely just because of how ubiquitous it is, and because relative to what could be there it's not that bad. Mostly because my expectations are already pretty low for eSports commentary.

That said, I don't know what it does for the whole "women in eSports thing" (probably not a lot). I don't think it's driving girls away, but I think the environment and attitudes it's indicative of aren't helpful.

However, I think once LoL gets some time to mature this will change somewhat -- Starcraft commentary has moved away from terms like "balls deep" and "man up", and the pro-playerbase, though overwhelmingly male, has at least a few women. Or at least I hope it will change somewhat.

foutre fucked around with this message at 22:37 on May 12, 2013

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Shaky mid game there but a really good finish for DIG, back in the LCS

Zahki
Nov 7, 2004

Happy for Dignitas, now if they can actually get through the summer split without making GBS threads their pants 3/4 of the way through. There's no reason a team with their talent should've ever been in this position to begin with.

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

In my humble prediction, Azure Cats is going to beat the poo poo out of CLG.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Azure Cats 3-1 CLG, god willing.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

foutre posted:

I mean "manning up" implies a certain version of masculinity, and by extension femininity. I.e. to be a man you have to go all-in, brave, aggressive, etc., if you don't you aren't being a man. I think it's pretty clearly endemic of dominant forms of manhood in our society.

All that said, it doesn't bother me that much, mostly because my expectations are already pretty low for eSports commentary, and their generally pretty ok about it. That said, I don't know what it does for the whole "women in eSports thing" (probably not a lot).

You should probably also note that "being a man" or "real man mode" is not always used in a positive manner, since it absolutely encompasses suicidal aggression and stupid overconfidence that have obviously disastrous consequences. It's slightly more nuanced than you're implying.

Of course that does tend to be streamers rather than the pro match casters. I'm sure they'll clean it up as time goes on.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

Flayer posted:

I've made the mistake of browsing /r/leagueoflegends on Reddit a bit too much lately. For example, people discussing how ugly Reginald is and how hot Leena is, then someone saying something along the lines "Y'know, should his girlfriend or her appearance really matter? Most people are average, and that's no big deal" got downvoted and someone called him a white knight and asked "why should you care anyway" as if that weren't totally hypocritical.

So I'm sort of in the state of mind where them saying "manning up" triggers my "gently caress off, teenagers" mode since I associate it with juvenile assholes, even though I don't really hold it against the casters personally (they're obviously fine people and great casters). Them saying it just makes me a bit angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Glad scarra is smiling again. I was kind of freaked out at how...unhappy he looked at the end of that game.

• Locked thread