Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Debonhare posted:

Really hope that if CLG does win out, hotshot immediately takes up a management/coach role and gives his spot to MegaZero or someone else.

Given how well he's been playing why would they do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

y_3
Aug 18, 2010

drat AC got pooped on.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
Things are not looking good. If CLG wins this they will think nothing is wrong and not even make Worlds.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Hope AC doesn't pick Rammus again. I don't think its working out for them.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Hotshot is still the worst player on this team. I wish he would bench himself and pick up a solid top.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I was grabbing dinner and missed all of game 2, anything interesting happen? Looks like CLG in good shape here.

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

this is me irl lmao and im gay. a gay man
Xerath for the 3rd game. Things are starting to look interesting now

Edit: Turgot!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Doublelift on Urgot. What a beaut.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

IBentMyWookie posted:

Things are not looking good. If CLG wins this they will think nothing is wrong and not even make Worlds.

There's no hope they'll make Worlds anyway. TSM is still strong, if GGU keeps it up and grows even more they're world-class, Velocity was strong (and crazy) as hell and they can only improve, especially being coached by Studio and Quantic is, well, Quantic.

NA LCS is going to be awesome, but this entire set has always been about "who gets to be the botton-barrel punching bag". Looks like Hotshot gets to stink up our screens for another season. The upshot is that Doublelift won't be homeless and gets to do fun poo poo like Urgot, though. :3:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Well then. This does not look like Azure Cats making a stunning comeback bid.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Crabgot. Pink Taric. I know which side I must cheer for.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Kobe referring to bigfatlp as his old name every time he speaks about him in a game with someone else named HotshotGG is really dumb.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Libertine posted:

Kobe referring to bigfatlp as his old name every time he speaks about him in a game with someone else named HotshotGG is really dumb.

Plus, you know, the whole penis thing.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Riftling posted:

Plus, you know, the whole penis thing.

No matter how bigfat is named, it's something refering to dick or balls.

First note on his leaguepedia entry:

quote:

Originally used the ID bigfatjiji, but was required to change his name by Riot due to 'jiji' being Chinese for penis. "lp" is short for "lan pah" which is Hokkien for testicle.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
He is Big Fat Ball.

Yes.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
I assumed it meant 'large penis', the more you know I guess.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Man if this is Azure Cats bringing their A game, I don't know what all the hype was for.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

victorious posted:

Man if this is Azure Cats bringing their A game, I don't know what all the hype was for.

I think a lot of the hype was just people really wanting CLG to lose.

Anyway hooray for Doublelift! :) Played really well hope it keeps up.

Hypocrisy posted:

Lot of the hype came from CLG itself.

This too.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

victorious posted:

Lot of the hype came from CLG itself.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Would someone be so kind as to wrap up who is in and out now?

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
In: GGU, TSM, Vulcun, Curse, Quantic, Velocity, CLG, Dignitas
Out: Complexity, Marn

Okkusenman
Oct 31, 2010

this is me irl lmao and im gay. a gay man
Edit: Beat to the punch of saying who is in/out.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Anybody have a link to that amazing Velocity game with the jungle Ezreal? I missed all that but going by everybody's reactions I NEED to see this.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Interesting how neatly the promotions/champions worked according to how they finished in the league system. Fnatic and TSM won the league and also became champions, Marn/CoL were the bottom 2 in NA and got relegated, AAA/Giants/DB were the bottom 3 in EU and got relegated.

No real surprises in the end with the possible exception of AAA who just fell apart with the loss of their regular Support player.

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Flayer posted:

Interesting how neatly the promotions/champions worked according to how they finished in the league system. Fnatic and TSM won the league and also became champions, Marn/CoL were the bottom 2 in NA and got relegated, AAA/Giants/DB were the bottom 3 in EU and got relegated.

No real surprises in the end with the possible exception of AAA who just fell apart with the loss of their regular Support player.

Velocity getting in was, I think. I mean, they rock, but I think MRN underperformed a little there.

Dyllyn
Mar 28, 2009

Greatness is always within Reach
Having watched those games, I'm glad AC got bopped. Hope CLG plays like this more often. And CLG Megazero Hotshotgg plz.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

A Moose posted:

Anybody have a link to that amazing Velocity game with the jungle Ezreal? I missed all that but going by everybody's reactions I NEED to see this.

http://vods.leaguepedia.com/?p=20616

You can get all the vods from this page: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Riot_League_Championship_Series/North_America/Season_3/Summer_Promotion

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I just got home, but I'm tired so I won't do a full writeup until at least tomorrow. Let's just say there's work to do

semicolonsrock
Aug 26, 2009

chugga chugga chugga

Studio posted:

I just got home, but I'm tired so I won't do a full writeup until at least tomorrow. Let's just say there's work to do

Looking forward to it, and how much more Velocity can improve!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Flayer posted:

That's putting it rather gently considering their ADC ragequit during a match. That was the first game of a series too, so I doubt that did wonders for their morale.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer
^^^^^^^

And Nono was so well-known for being a good sport too before, he seemed unflappable with a smile at the end of any game. Very sad.

Studio posted:

My kickstarter money has gone such a long way :allears:

Major congrats, dude.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003
How do LCS salaries work? Is it a bi-weekly check? How much is it if a team gets relegated cause I heard it's 30k per player or 175k per team. Is that just for each split? Do they include housing since teams are required to be near Riot studios for the LCS?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
In the Euro LCS the minimum salary (which I would think 90%+ of the players get) is set at €12,500 per split. That's for a first teamer. Subs only get paid per match and the fee is a proportionate to the amount of games they played. For playing videogames its a good deal of guaranteed money.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Flayer posted:

In the Euro LCS the minimum salary (which I would think 90%+ of the players get) is set at €12,500 per split. That's for a first teamer. Subs only get paid per match and the fee is a proportionate to the amount of games they played. For playing videogames its a good deal of guaranteed money.

I thought sub compensation was decided by the team. Some teams can choose to pay subs squat afaik.

That said I think LCS could benefit from slightly longer weeks of 2-game sets between teams while retaining individual game scoring, sure Bo3 is long but it'd be more tournament-esque to see some reaction picks/bans after a game 1 strategy from either team.

Doctor w-rw-rw-
Jun 24, 2008

IBentMyWookie posted:

How do LCS salaries work? Is it a bi-weekly check? How much is it if a team gets relegated cause I heard it's 30k per player or 175k per team. Is that just for each split? Do they include housing since teams are required to be near Riot studios for the LCS?

Delivered as a lump sum to the team, if I'm not mistaken.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

Delivered as a lump sum to the team, if I'm not mistaken.

large bag of unmarked bills

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Esport Calendar is already linked in the OP (the chrome extension is worth a look if you are into that sort of thing), but I've found /r LoleventVODs super useful as well. I usually can't catch these things when they stream, but this subreddit is spoiler free VOD links organized by event. Possibly it's just me, but navigating twitch.tv gives me headaches. Not having to jump around to find the bans/game start is fantastic too.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Libertine posted:

large bag of unmarked bills

Inside of a dragon shaped pinata, shot caller gets 25 extra bucks.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

linall posted:

Esport Calendar is already linked in the OP (the chrome extension is worth a look if you are into that sort of thing), but I've found /r LoleventVODs super useful as well. I usually can't catch these things when they stream, but this subreddit is spoiler free VOD links organized by event. Possibly it's just me, but navigating twitch.tv gives me headaches. Not having to jump around to find the bans/game start is fantastic too.

r/LoLEventVods has very meager coverage of the Asian leagues (SEA, China, and Korea), though. Seriously, Leaguepedia entries and vods.leaguepedia are much more comprehensive, if a bit less consistently-organized and much more spoiler-rich.

You guys should watch more Koreans because they're more professionally produced, the Korean shoutcasting are comically enthusiastic (you can kind of hear them in the background behind English commentators, I guess), the players are much more aggressive and fun to watch, and they come up with the wackiest strats. People in this thread seemed so excited about the Jayce-Rammus combo in NA LCS and its "innovativeness", even though they probably just drew inspiration from the CJ Frost (S2 runner ups) vs. Najin Shield matches just 3 weeks prior. (Jayce-Rammus made its appearance in both games, though Rammus probably had a bigger impact the second game, even though they ultimately ended up losing.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So, word from reliable sources (including Studio, Phreak, and directly from LemonNation) is that Quantic have been wrecking TSM/Dig/Curse/CLG in scrims. Are there too many variables at play here for that to mean anything, or can we officially start boarding the Quantic Hype Train?

• Locked thread