Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

This game rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Alright. I want in on this Say the Same Thing stuff. My GameCenter name is Evil Sagan.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx
I'm in for Say The Same Thing. Game Center name is Escher's Basement.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the This Counts button supposed to disappear after a few seconds? I missed my chance to tap it, couldn't figure out how to get it back, and then my opponent called me an idiot (despite being the one who spelled it wrong).

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Holy poo poo, this is too much :v:

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

TACD posted:

Boring into my soul

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Just had an epic game start with 'dirt' and 'Game of Thrones,' flirt around slash, hack and various sword-type motions for a while, migrate over to Mr Freeze and Sub-Zero and end with Superman.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Nooo, you're supposed to guess something between the words, not guess what I was trying to guess. :negative:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

My game ID is boston-zombie if anyone wants to play Say something.

fit em all up in there fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 13, 2013

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

SynthOrange posted:

Nooo, you're supposed to guess something between the words, not guess what I was trying to guess. :negative:

Really. I've had to end most of these games because the other person isn't doing it right or it just devolves into WHO CAN TYPE THE SILLIEST THING.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Anybody grab the Ace Patrol IAP? Is the full pack worth getting or is just the British campaign enough? I'm reading a lot of stuff about "all the missions are more or less the same" and was wondering if they still had enough variety to be worthwhile(or if you got to keep your pilots or whatever).

Raveyyy
Oct 16, 2001
100% Pure Penislotion Grade A

Mozi posted:

Just had an epic game start with 'dirt' and 'Game of Thrones,' flirt around slash, hack and various sword-type motions for a while, migrate over to Mr Freeze and Sub-Zero and end with Superman.

This game was great, and we're both horrible.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Haha, hey man! I dunno, I think I was worse. Fun stuff regardless, though.

Yancy_Street
Nov 26, 2007

drunk octopus
wants to fight you

TACD posted:

God, that was a fun one.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
You know that feeling you get in Space Agency when you successfully reconnect with the command module after landing on Mars and then accidentally eject the service module while adjusting your direction for blastoff back to earth, leaving you stranded in Mars' orbit and making you want to scream "gently caress" like 25 times in a row?

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.
Huge Heroes & Castles update just dropped, adding 3 new heroes, new units, new upgrades, and a new campaign.

http://appshopper.com/games/heroes-and-castles

Pitnicker
Apr 6, 2004

duckfarts posted:

Anybody grab the Ace Patrol IAP? Is the full pack worth getting or is just the British campaign enough? I'm reading a lot of stuff about "all the missions are more or less the same" and was wondering if they still had enough variety to be worthwhile(or if you got to keep your pilots or whatever).

Yeah I unlocked all the campaigns about ten seconds after first trying the game. Near as I can tell, the campaigns themselves are identical and all draw from the same pool of missions, with the same decisive battles (for the Allies at least, haven't tried the German campaign yet). However, I will say that the different planes and how they unlock make the campaigns play substantially differently. I got creamed as the United States but have been steamrolling as the French, on the strengths of the planes alone. So I guess it really boils down to how much you're enjoying the game. Personally, I'm loving the game and haven't regretted picking up the three pack one bit, but I also don't mind paying a few bucks for quality titles on iOS.

Oh and as to your other question, no, you don't keep your pilots as far as I can tell. Each campaign is a one-off, and, I think the game only allows you to have one active campaign at a time.

I think Space Agency is the most I've enjoyed playing a game that has me alternately stressed, angry, and frustrated.

Pitnicker fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 13, 2013

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
You really should be able to save periodically so you don't have to slog through the same tedious launch every drat time you miss your orbit by one pixel or whatever.

Stuck on mission 9 now. No combination of parts will get this stupid station module into orbit with enough fuel left to maneuver around the station.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well, I've stopped ramming the space station to death. Still having trouble stopping in time though.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Nailed it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Has anyone run into an issue where you hit send and nothing happens? One of my games has been stuck like this and nothing I do seems to help.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah, the servers are poop apparently.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Battle of the Bulge owners, there is an update coming in the next day with extra scenarios.

quote:

The update tomorrow will bring 3 new scenarios, available via In-App purchase:

“End Game’ – $3.99 – depicts the historical counterattack by George Patton that relieved the siege of Bastogne.

‘Luck of the Draw’ – free – resets the historical campaign game with a random setup and altered reinforcement schedule.

‘Bitter End’ – free – enables the historical campaign game to be played to the end of the last day of the historical battle, regardless of how well or badly either side is playing, with the possibility of a draw.

There will also be two new artificial intelligence opponents available for In-App purchase, for $1.99 each:

Omar Bradley for the Allies, who is careful and relentless, and Hasso Von Manteuffel for the Axis, who “throws the usual Axis playbook out the window.”

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

A perfect game.

(Last one, I promise)

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

TACD posted:

A perfect game.

(Last one, I promise)

Hell yes, that was awesome.

GC name is ->Spincut<- if others want to add me for some Say the Same Thing action.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

That's was me, and all of us (including the ones watching--I was doing a demo for the game) thought it was perfect!

Got five new people to download it. I don't work for them; I just love this form of party game.

Edit: GC name SpeakY10k

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 09:15 on May 13, 2013

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
STST GC: petewhitley

This game is great but randoms are the pits.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Defenders of Texel crashes when I try to launch it, no matter how many times I delete and reinstall. :( it says it only requires iOS5 and I'm 6.1

E. it's not crashing exactly, but.auto-minimising :psyduck:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Can we get another round of recommendation lists of iphone games you guys currently play/newer titles you dig? I'm doing a 13 hour train trip on friday and want to get some good new games for it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm really enjoying Sid Meier's Ace Patrol once I pushed the difficulty up to max. The game went from stupid cakewalk to skin of your teeth battles as I desperately went 1 on 3 trying to hide in clouds and bide my time to come blazing out and wrecking German planes before dashing away with my wings in tatters.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
I also like it a lot but feel like there are still some rules I don't completely understand. For instance, there seems to be a limit on how many turns in a row I can bank but I don't remember the game telling me that anywhere.

Edit: Actually I just remembered I haven't payed too much attention to the Baronopedia, maybe that contains the answers I seek.

Again: Nope, but it seems to be related to G-Forces... the game could be clearer about that, I had two planes that seemed identical yet one could bank for three turns in a row and the other for only two.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 11:24 on May 13, 2013

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Javid posted:

You really should be able to save periodically so you don't have to slog through the same tedious launch every drat time you miss your orbit by one pixel or whatever.

Stuck on mission 9 now. No combination of parts will get this stupid station module into orbit with enough fuel left to maneuver around the station.
Medium-stage Black Arrow S1, med-med connector, medium-stage heavy tug with the module and medium fairing will do it under gold budget. One for each module of course.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

You know that feeling you get in Space Agency when you successfully reconnect with the command module after landing on Mars and then accidentally eject the service module while adjusting your direction for blastoff back to earth, leaving you stranded in Mars' orbit and making you want to scream "gently caress" like 25 times in a row?
Are you talking about a post Mission 19 mission, or? If so, any Mission 19 advice?

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 12:56 on May 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mozi posted:

Again: Nope, but it seems to be related to G-Forces... the game could be clearer about that, I had two planes that seemed identical yet one could bank for three turns in a row and the other for only two.

Some pilots can stand higher g-forces than others.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Hey can we spin all this Say The Same Thing ninja cats poo poo into it's own thread? It's really clogging up the discussion in here.

(Just kidding!)

DLing now; somebody play with me. (GC: trustywren)

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Yep, this game is a Good Game.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Trustworthy posted:

Yep, this game is a Good Game.

So drat close on that fourth one too. :argh:

Bought the British DLC for Ace Patrol and the game is continuing to be cool, but feels like it'll still be limited. I really wish they could vary the missions a lot more somehow. Then again, maybe I just need to jack up the difficulty.

E: I'm duckfarts on Game Center and up for STST, though I'm an eastern hemisphere goon with a jobby job which may affect response time

duckfarts fucked around with this message at 13:59 on May 13, 2013

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Javid posted:

This rocket got me thru a lot of stages

http://imgur.com/JQ1KZLA

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

Kenny Logins posted:

Are you talking about a post Mission 19 mission, or? If so, any Mission 19 advice?
I did Mission 19 by sending up the Dockable Resupply Module. It's pretty light, so you should have MORE than enough engine left on the module to bring it to a dead stop at the MSS. There's only really one module that is obviously detachable; select it and when it's pointing towards HOM detach it so it's got a small amount of momentum in that direction. Get your DRM in behind it, hook up, and power it back into HOM orbit. If you are fine for time, cruise back just above the orange zone and then you'll have plenty of fuel left to manueveur in orbit.

Just don't do what I did and crash into your space telescope when you reenter orbit.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
The payment method for say the same thing bananas seems ludicrous though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

MissMarple posted:

I did Mission 19 by sending up the Dockable Resupply Module. It's pretty light, so you should have MORE than enough engine left on the module to bring it to a dead stop at the MSS. There's only really one module that is obviously detachable; select it and when it's pointing towards HOM detach it so it's got a small amount of momentum in that direction. Get your DRM in behind it, hook up, and power it back into HOM orbit. If you are fine for time, cruise back just above the orange zone and then you'll have plenty of fuel left to manueveur in orbit.

Just don't do what I did and crash into your space telescope when you reenter orbit.
Thanks for the response. I had gotten the Resupply module to the station and quickly disconnected a LOKI crew module branch but didn't dock with it, just got the branch back to Earth and attempted splashdown. I got to when the parachute started to deploy but exploded as you get very little maneuver jet fuel on that crew capsule it seems. So close!

When I did all this the objectives weren't triggering but maybe the Resupply module docking will help with that and give more fuel.

• Locked thread