Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
edit: wrong thread

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Saw this today in traffic.

"Keep Clear of This Vehicle" placard at the hitch and nitrous and jesus bumper stickers to round everything out.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Team140 posted:

Saw this today in traffic.

"Keep Clear of This Vehicle" placard at the hitch and nitrous and jesus bumper stickers to round everything out.

It's Gainesville, are you really that surprised? If it wasn't for UF that place would still be absolutely swimming in hicks. Not that it isn't not swimming in hicks now anyways...

Team140
Dec 13, 2005

Beach Bum posted:

It's Gainesville, are you really that surprised? If it wasn't for UF that place would still be absolutely swimming in hicks. Not that it isn't not swimming in hicks now anyways...

I'm never surprised at what I see on the road. Well, except for that horrible homemade Arial Atom wannabe I wasn't able to get a picture of.

Of all the places I've lived and traveled to, Gainesville has the lowest percentage of WTF cars roaming the streets.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Plastidipping a whole car pink. Jesus.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nearly got into a road rage-induced scuffle today. Some dude got really mad that I changed lanes to get around a bus and as he went to overtake me on the inside, I changed lanes back to the right again. He stayed behind me and I thought that was that. About 500m further up, I changed lanes to the left again to take the left fork in the road.

Apparently, he wasn't done yet, so he barreled up my right side, dove in front of me, nearly sideswiping my car if I hadn't braked hard and came to a complete halt. Then, in the middle of goddamn traffic, he started getting out of his car. I peeled out into the opposite lane to get around him, then back in my own lane and across the light. He followed, drove aggressively and then made a ridiculous passing maneuver between me and oncoming traffic (on a road with one lane in each direction), almost sideswiped me again and then I have no idea what his plan was, because he didn't even stop or get out of his car that time. This happened right in front of my apartment, which I obviously didn't want him to know.

Since I was behind him at that point, I dove down a side road and took at circuitous route back and parked where I live. I guess if he'd followed me, I would have driven to the nearby police station and parked there instead.

Goddammit man, some people. Some people.

I still don't get the whole thing about getting out of your car because you're pissed at someone in traffic. You can bet your rear end I'm staying inside my 1½ ton shell of metal and glass if something like that happens, that's for sure.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 16:05 on May 13, 2013

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

KozmoNaut posted:

Nearly got into a road rage-induced scuffle today. Some dude got really mad that I changed lanes to get around a bus and as he went to overtake me on the inside, I changed lanes back to the right again. He stayed behind me and I thought that was that. About 500m further up, I changed lanes to the left again to take the left fork in the road.

Apparently, he wasn't done yet, so he barreled up my right side, dove in front of me, nearly sideswiping my car if I hadn't braked hard and came to a complete halt. Then, in the middle of goddamn traffic, he started getting out of his car. I peeled out into the opposite lane to get around him, then back in my own lane and across the light. He followed, drove aggressively and then made a ridiculous passing maneuver between me and oncoming traffic (on a road with one lane in each direction), almost sideswiped me again and then I have no idea what his plan was, because he didn't even stop or get out of his car that time. This happened right in front of my apartment, which I obviously didn't want him to know.

Since I was behind him at that point, I dove down a side road and took at circuitous route back and parked where I live. I guess if he'd followed me, I would have driven to the nearby police station and parked there instead.

Goddammit man, some people. Some people.

I still don't get the whole thing about getting out of your car because you're pissed at someone in traffic. You can bet your rear end I'm staying inside my 1½ ton shell of metal and glass if something like that happens, that's for sure.

Some dude on a scooter once cut me off and so I passed him legally and went on my way. Five blocks later he caught up to me at a stop light and starts kicking my bumper. Dude was a loving brick shithouse or I'd have jawed at him a bit but instead I took a hard right and sped the gently caress off.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

Some dude on a scooter once cut me off and so I passed him legally and went on my way. Five blocks later he caught up to me at a stop light and starts kicking my bumper. Dude was a loving brick shithouse or I'd have jawed at him a bit but instead I took a hard right and sped the gently caress off.

Reminds me of one of my co-workers, he was out riding his bike and had someone get out of their car with their dukes up while he was wearing his full face helmet and armored riding jacket. After realizing his mistake he just yelled and got back in his car.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I honked at a guy because he didn't make a left turn on an advanced green. The guy looked to be in his late 40s early 50s, with his wife and teenage daughter in the car, decided getting out of the car and challenging a car with myself and 3 of my late 20s friends.

What the gently caress are these people thinking? What if we werent just laughing at him? What if we were in a bad mood? The guy would have been a bleeding mess in the middle of the street.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
No one really gets out of their car in Miami.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Wrar posted:

No one really gets out of their car in Miami.

I had a dude get out at a red once because I was tailgating him (my fault, bad mood, in a rush) as he was walking back he was yelling and hollerin, but when he got to my window and realized I was a big rear end dude, he shook my hand and got back into his car :respek:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I had my jeep die while waiting for a light at an intersection in Auburn MA a few years ago... I knew what was probably wrong with it, so I was out of the jeep, hood up, connection fixed, hood down, and running again by halfway through the green cycle (fortunately I had a bit of the red light left when it stalled out) but that wasn't fast enough for the dipshit behind me. He was honking at me the whole time and followed me for several turns after that. So I took a few random turns through a residential neighborhood to make sure he was actually following me, then turned the interior lights on, looked over my shoulder, and grabbed my tire iron off the back seat. Turned the lights back off. He didn't follow me through the next turn :v:

e: I had no intention of actually fighting him, just so that's clear. I just figured a little reminder that he was being an idiot might help things along.

kastein fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 13, 2013

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.
Not a road rage incident but probably looked like one was going to happen: my car stalled at an intersection once due to a dead battery (the hazard lights were pretty much unlit), and a woman in the car behind me honked at me to move. I got out and walked to her car to tell her that my car was stalled. She looked a little scared when I approached, probably thinking I was going to road rage.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
There's one road to get out of my part of town, and it's only one lane up to where it crosses the interstate. If you're not stopped directly at the stop line it won't ever cycle. One day I was a couple cars back and the light didn't change, so I got out of my car to go tell the guy at the front he needed to pull forward or it would never turn green. He saw me coming and freaked out and ran the light. Then so did the 2-3 cars behind him.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Lightbulb Out posted:

That's an audi, isn't it.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Crustashio posted:

That's an audi, isn't it.

What else would it be?

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
I saw a guy driving between 50-80mph in my old 25mph neighborhood a while back. He almost hit a little girl who was crossing the street right in front of her dad. This was in a school zone by a park. Also almost broadsided my buddy's car by being in the wrong lane and ignoring a stop sign too. Recognized it as a car that had been possibly been involved with a hit & run where he ran over a crossing guard by the local elementary. So my friend is driving and I'm writing his plates down.. Not following, we were driving to my house and this was all on the way. He takes a turn into a cul de sac and I'm missing 3 digits and I'm set on reporting this guy for reckless/aggressive driving. We park at the front of the cul de sac a couple houses down and just sit in the parked car while I'm getting the rest of his plates. My buddy's civic was a little busted up so his windows don't roll up at the time. Anyway this guy gets out of his big red lifted brotruck and immediately pulls a hand gun on me, walks toward me holding me at gunpoint, making constant threats to "shoot you right here in the street"
So I pull out a 2" pocket knife and hold it by my side and tell him to put the gun away or he's going to get cut. He runs into his house to fetch a rifle he keeps by his front door, because his pistol was un-loaded the whole time!
Guess who went to jail for that one...

(hint it's me)
(guess who's pro gun control now!)
I'm just thankful I'm alive, this all took place maybe 1 week after one of my best friends was murdered using a handgun.

In a road rage situation you should
#1 get the gently caress out of there
#2 get the gently caress out of there
#3 get the gently caress out of there

This isn't even the first time I have had someone pull a handgun on me in a road rage incident. In Upper Class Gentrified Suburbia. Every time it's a 35-50 year old balding man who makes between 100-200k a year in some sort of mid life crisis car.

Drunken Lullabies fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 13, 2013

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A BRZ? (Yes, that one is obviously not a BRZ.)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Endless Mike posted:

A BRZ? (Yes, that one is obviously not a BRZ.)

Ugh...and that girl. Honey, don't quit your day job.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I can't believe people would paint their own cars temporarily what a bunch of loving scumbag idiots also that girl is real gross and ugly. Makes me sick.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pj8QKTvRTQ

Cliffs: ferrari parked in a handicap spot by a non handicapped (except mentally, it seems) owner, pee pranked by some dude and assaulted for it.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
In April I was clipped by a guy lane-splitting down the highway in a black suv with red stripes. I started saying his plate number over and over until my passenger put it into his cell phone. Pulled over, filed police report, that was that.

Less than a week later, another friend sends me a picture he saw posted by one of our local news stations.

Plates matched. :parrot:

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

kastein posted:

Cliffs: ferrari parked in a handicap spot by a non handicapped (except mentally, it seems) owner, pee pranked by some dude and assaulted for it.

Totally unrelated to AI but this was in related and this poo poo cracked me the hell up: http://youtu.be/xilrvBZoSOU

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Ugh...and that girl. Honey, don't quit your day job.

UGH THAT CAR 3/10 WOULD NOT BANG!!!!

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

kastein posted:

People like this are the reason that even if I could afford to buy a ferrari, I wouldn't.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

kastein posted:

Id have stood infront of his car, if he wants to shove me I'm falling on the car.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

I can't believe people would paint their own cars temporarily what a bunch of loving scumbag idiots also that girl is real gross and ugly. Makes me sick.

I post on internet forums about cars all day. This is how you know I'm very attractive and this is why my standards are stratospheric. That car is also bad because it is not diesel or a wagon.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

The offset/floating licence plate looks a little weird, is that common in florida/elsewhere?

I think the color looks good, though I like how the toyobaru looks in general.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Progressive JPEG posted:

The offset/floating licence plate looks a little weird, is that common in florida/elsewhere?

The license plate frame mounts to the tow hook location so that you don't have to drill the bumper.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MetaJew posted:

The license plate frame mounts to the tow hook location so that you don't have to drill the bumper.

There's already holes in the bumper.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Progressive JPEG posted:

The plate makes it look like the Toyobaru has a little something stuck in its teeth

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius

Lightbulb Out posted:

Here's the Audi of a guy I know:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Funny, thought it would be a TT

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.

Progressive JPEG posted:

Not in FL as we have no front plate requirement.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

afen posted:

Here's the Audi of a guy I know:

I like this. Am I weird?

Too many cars these days are dull grey/black/blue. Need more stupid bright colours on the road.

Disclaimer: I drive a black car. Given the choice I'd have something bright though.

e: I also have a habit of painting my cars pink in racing games. Pink/Orange/Green seem to be the ones I gravitate to.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 14, 2013

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I wish more cars were fun colors but I hate that car.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

AirRaid posted:

I like this. Am I weird?

Too many cars these days are dull grey/black/blue. Need more stupid bright colours on the road.

Disclaimer: I drive a black car. Given the choice I'd have something bright though.

e: I also have a habit of painting my cars pink in racing games. Pink/Orange/Green seem to be the ones I gravitate to.

Same, but I'm not getting the vibe spraying a plastisol layer on a 50k+ car is the way to do it. What's going on around the rear door handle?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Octopus Magic posted:

I wish more cars were fun colors but I hate that car.

I want more 60/70s MOPAR car colors on current cars.

I think the world would be a better place.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Gotta admit I like the pink. I've always been a fan of dark pink and black color schemes myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

G-Mach posted:

I want more 60/70s MOPAR car colors on current cars.

I think the world would be a better place.

What's the point? Just paint everything Rallye Red and call it a day.