Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

If LEGO is going to do a 50% off sale on a $200 Star Wars set, they should really have been better prepared for the shitstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
My girlfriend said that she felt a tophat in the CMF10 at our local shop. She didn't buy it as she didn't know if we needed one. This was 3 days ago :/

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Based on the small sample size I got today, S10 is 100% mechanics. Interesting.

I've bought four - two of which were the sad clowns.

Also, I keep thinking it's the guy from Mythbusters, not a mechanic.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Next modular needs to be a YMCA

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Red posted:

I've bought four - two of which were the sad clowns.

Also, I keep thinking it's the guy from Mythbusters, not a mechanic.

What I actually got were 15 from two different stores, and the mechanic was the most represented in the five repeats. I don't mind the repeat paintball player, it's a new helmet mold, but I managed to not get a Revolutionary War guy, librarian, warrior woman or grandpa like I really wanted.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Saint Sputnik posted:

What I actually got were 15 from two different stores, and the mechanic was the most represented in the five repeats. I don't mind the repeat paintball player, it's a new helmet mold, but I managed to not get a Revolutionary War guy, librarian, warrior woman or grandpa like I really wanted.

I bought 10 the other day without feeling them at all and managed to only get 2 repeats. I was worried when the first 2 I opened were both the baseball guy. The other repeat I got was the grandpa. Interested in a trade?

Edit: I was really hoping for iphone girl but I didn't get her.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

AllisonByProxy posted:

I bought 10 the other day without feeling them at all and managed to only get 2 repeats. I was worried when the first 2 I opened were both the baseball guy. The other repeat I got was the grandpa. Interested in a trade?

Edit: I was really hoping for iphone girl but I didn't get her.

Sure, if you're in the states. I'm not home now but if I remember right, I have two extra mechanics, one paintball guy, one baseball player and one tomahawk warrior.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

Saint Sputnik posted:

Sure, if you're in the states. I'm not home now but if I remember right, I have two extra mechanics, one paintball guy, one baseball player and one tomahawk warrior.

Yeah! I don't have the mechanic yet so I'll trade you for that one. PM me and we can work it out.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

Finally!

Building old stuff is considerably easier once you have your stuff sorted. I put together this one in a couple of hours over the course of two days:

Sorry for the lovely pics, my camera is low on batteries and does not want to cooperate.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

drat. I had buy set up for 100 pounds of good Lego for $200, the guy told me to call back when he got home from his bike ride. I did, and he said sorry, he sold them to his neighbor :cry:

toochilled
Apr 3, 2003

Saint Sputnik posted:

Based on the small sample size I got today, S10 is 100% mechanics. Interesting.

Count yourself lucky.
I bought 10 and got 5 Skydivers....

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011
So how do people feel about the Hero Factory stuff? Part of me kinda wants to get in on getting those but I guess It's because I'm a total manchild and I like how everything looks haha.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

FreyaXI posted:

So how do people feel about the Hero Factory stuff? Part of me kinda wants to get in on getting those but I guess It's because I'm a total manchild and I like how everything looks haha.

I went to my school's annual yard sale and there was a big ol' bin full of Hero Factory stuff, as a matter of fact. It looked neat and I got everything I put in a pile for 60 bucks, so it was probably worth it. Also had Bionicle and Technic Hockey bits, it looks like.

Maybe I should make a "post your yard sale finds", I love seeing the weird/neat things people dig up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Thanks for all the Speedorz sets Lego. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

toochilled posted:

Count yourself lucky.
I bought 10 and got 5 Skydivers....

4/5 of mine were Baseballers.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Thanks for all the Speedorz sets Lego. NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

My B-Wing arrived today, with a Speedorz... exactly one hour after my Han Solo and May the 4th poster, along with a second Speedorz, and a notice that the B-Wing was backordered. Um... what?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
Amidst all the B-Wing talk, here's a stellar MOC!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zanehouston/8734696378/

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

InfinEight posted:

:stare: Those angles are amazing.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I never thought I'd get to this point, but c'est la vie:

Anyone interested in a complete Cafe Corner with instructions, sans box? PM me if you are.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Blue Moonlight posted:

I never thought I'd get to this point, but c'est la vie:

Anyone interested in a complete Cafe Corner with instructions, sans box? PM me if you are.

PM sent.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

InfinEight posted:

That guy is unreal. Every single MOC on his stream was just jaw-dropping.

He also has the shittiest kitchen wizard Lego tattoo I've ever seen in my life :v:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/zanehouston/8727207318/in/photostream/lightbox/

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011
Just to ask because why not right? Anyone here remotely interested in an Ole Kirk's 400007? New and sealed for that sucker an I really don't want it and I can surely give it a heavy heavy discount to compared to what it is going for. Also if you are an GTA goon I can prolly deliver it to you in person.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

FreyaXI posted:

Just to ask because why not right? Anyone here remotely interested in an Ole Kirk's 400007? New and sealed for that sucker an I really don't want it and I can surely give it a heavy heavy discount to compared to what it is going for. Also if you are an GTA goon I can prolly deliver it to you in person.

Wow I have never seen that set, that is very cool, what are you asking for it? I am interested in that depending on price.

Rythe fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 15, 2013

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011

Rythe posted:

Wow I have never seen that set, that is very cool, what are you asking for it? I am interested in that depending on price.

To not crap up the thread with buying and selling jazz. Shoot me an email at OmgFreya at hotmail dot com

And also I don't know why but I really really love the Hero Factory stuff.. I can't do MOCs for crap with lego but I love Hero Factory haha.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

FreyaXI posted:

To not crap up the thread with buying and selling jazz. Shoot me an email at OmgFreya at hotmail dot com

And also I don't know why but I really really love the Hero Factory stuff.. I can't do MOCs for crap with lego but I love Hero Factory haha.

Learning how to MOC and getting into the groove of things takes time, hell just look at my history in this thread and you'll be able to see were i was years ago and were i am today technique wise. I use as many tricks in a single engine now as i used to in an entire ship when i started. MOCing takes practice and the only way to get better is to keep practicing and ask for feedback every step of the way.

FreyaXI
May 1, 2011

AzMiLion posted:

Learning how to MOC and getting into the groove of things takes time, hell just look at my history in this thread and you'll be able to see were i was years ago and were i am today technique wise. I use as many tricks in a single engine now as i used to in an entire ship when i started. MOCing takes practice and the only way to get better is to keep practicing and ask for feedback every step of the way.

Thanks mate. Alot of it also is getting my library of parts. I just really started getting into Lego again since I work there now and in Canada that discount is fantastic, Being said for Hero Factory and Bionicle to catch up on and that is alot of money sadly.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

FreyaXI posted:

Sent you a e-mail. I am in the same boat as you trying to build MOCs, I pretty much sit in a pile of my loose Lego and try to see if anything creative comes out of me, worse comes to worse I spend a few hours messing around with Lego.

Though I did make this recently, guess it might fall into a MOC category.

I need to figure out a way to clean up the super glue on it though, other then that I am pretty happy with how it came out.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just got my B-Wing in. Did anyone else get two Chima sets for no reason?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

obi_ant posted:

I have 32 chima sets.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

obi_ant posted:

Yep, got two "Speedorz" as well.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have 32 chima sets.

You live in Tennessee, don't you.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Are those freebie Chima sets worth opening, or should I just dump it on Goodwill?

smackfu fucked around with this message at 13:53 on May 16, 2013

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What chima sets have you guys been getting exactly? I might be glad to take one no one wants for the cost of shipping :shobon:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

smackfu posted:

Are those freebie Chima sets worth opening, or should I just dump it on Goodwill?

Or another thrift store that actually gives money to charity.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

InfinEight posted:

What chima sets have you guys been getting exactly? I might be glad to take one no one wants for the cost of shipping :shobon:

I would likely be willing to do this as well.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

InfinEight posted:

It sounds like Speedzor sets, the least Lego of Lego. (I actually like the Chima stuff, but I see little appeal for adults from Speedzors)

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

I dunno, I wouldn't mind having a few speedorz to experiment with:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabz71/8728603453/

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

InfinEight posted:

I dunno, I wouldn't mind having a few speedorz to experiment with:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fabz71/8728603453/

I'll give you that. That's an interesting use of the wheels. For some reason, I thought the actual Speedzor bikes were a single piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
So are all the really complicated MOCs still "legit"? Like am I supposed to trust that every LDraw creation isn't full of bricks clipping or floating?