Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Why is the sun always bullying me?

My oldest EP is out! Released by Lejal genes and the sister labels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFY5B_rtwus

Avialable on Amazon, Juno, Bandcamp, plus lots moreeeee

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CKZZHVA/

http://www.junodownload.com/products/chump-change-please-understand/2196023-02/

http://footrap.bandcamp.com/album/please-understand-ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Cool.

I always laugh at those legal things on the outside of a label, though. Yeah, definitely going to be no public performances of this electronic record.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Styliferous posted:

Don't forget Distance in DC on the 16th, Seven in Baltimore on the 24th, and Swindle in Baltimore on the 7th. There's far too much poo poo going on in the Beltway these days, but Mala and Author Live is definitely the icing on the cake. See you there!

Would you ever so kindly provide links to all these events? I would be forever grateful.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

Styliferous posted:

Don't forget Distance in DC on the 16th, Seven in Baltimore on the 24th, and Swindle in Baltimore on the 7th. There's far too much poo poo going on in the Beltway these days, but Mala and Author Live is definitely the icing on the cake. See you there!

What's the info on Seven? I wasn't super in to his album, but I'm still in to his older stuff from when he first popped up. I might make it to the Swindle show too, if I'm around.

Also don't know if I'll see Distance or not. Might just go to see OM Unit and Archie Pelago the night before.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

deadbian posted:

Would you ever so kindly provide links to all these events? I would be forever grateful.

Here's the event Distance is playing: https://www.facebook.com/events/459709047451474/?ref=22

Part of the Forward Festival, runs from next Wednesday to Sunday. There are some "preview" events this weekend too, Hybris (dnb artist from DC area, now lives in Prague) is playing at Backbar tomorrow night, going to hear his set and catch up a bit.

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer

SUBFRIES posted:

What's the info on Seven? I wasn't super in to his album, but I'm still in to his older stuff from when he first popped up. I might make it to the Swindle show too, if I'm around.

Also don't know if I'll see Distance or not. Might just go to see OM Unit and Archie Pelago the night before.

The Seven show is on the 24th at E-Villa in Baltimore, Joe Nice and Neumann also on the line-up.

https://www.facebook.com/events/638536442839795/

Announced maybe two days ago I think? Not far enough in advance for me to get the day off from work unfortunately, I've wanted to see Seven for a while, doubly so with the output Uprise Audio has been having lately.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Okay so it's technically it's more of a Saturday compilation thing instead of the Friday it should be, but hey who's counting eh? So I guess I'll kick off this months compilation showcase (hopefully the first of many this month) with this UK Garage comp:

Released in 1997 by Bullion Records, Sub-Level UK is an early document of the nascent UK Garage scene. Now the UKG scene had been slowly bubbling underground over the past few years before this made an appearance, but for some reason it seemed to take a wee while until actual official releases made it out into the wild (tape packs from the dances were floating about, but that's a different beast entirely).

Sub-Level UK surely must have been one of the first of these releases – one of the few other ones I can think of released in 1997 was Tuff Jam's Underground Frequencies mix on BMG backed Satellite – and showcases the sound in a bit of a transition. Sure it's almost all what you'd call Speed Garage tracks on here, but not quite the style you might be thinking of. Not quite the one that seemed to explode from '98 onwards (the one which would eventually develop into the Bassline/Niche scene).

There's those massive basslines as you might expect, but the echo of the original House & Garage scene still lingers with tracks like Danny J Lewis' classic Spend The Night and Smokin' Beats Dreams. Both obviously homegrown with that UK attitude (check the male vocals on Night, that ain't from New Jersey!) but neither are massive aggro in your face things either preferring to keep things on the more soulful side with elements of that US sound. However that doesn't mean they're weak and limp wristed, as both contain more than enough bite to keep you on your toes.

Those kind of tracks are a very welcome respite, as they help to break up the mix which largely consists of more speedy and more bassy numbers. Though in this case they at least try and keep things a bit less obvious. High profile groups like 187 Lockdown and R.I.P. do appear - try find a Garage CD from 97-98 that doesn't include them - though in this case they're both on remix duties, taking a crack at a pair of classics in the shape of Adeva's Don't Think About It and Somore's I Refuse.

Jeremy Sylvester also makes an appearance, with two cuts from the legendary G.O.D. series being dropped into the mix (What You Want and Such A Feelin'). Confetti Records artists also provide a couple of tunes in the form of Lady Penelope's haunting Devotion To Love, while the Anthill Mob keeps up the vibe of their labelmate and provides us with their dark, dubby, trippy number So In Love.

Now this is a mix CD rather than just a straight full-length track compilation. However the mixing in general is fairly subtle and nicely done. Smooth and non-distracting which is about all you can ask for really. Still it's a nice little historical piece, post-Speed Garage but pre- the true blow up of that scene. Before 2-Step. Before the MCs rose to their prominence. A look at a scene that was in that point in it's lifespan where it seemed to hit a natural – if uneasy – balance of aggression and subtlety, rough vs smooth, masculine vs feminine. You can see the cracks in it already on this disc, so you might as well check it out to see what it was like just before it fell.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Wikkid, thanks. Here's my contribution:

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Fabric-Presents-Elevator-Music-Vol-1/release/2131400

From 2009, Elevator Music Vol. 1 was a Fabric effort that hinted at multiple releases but I don't think ever saw any follow-ups? Let me know if I'm wrong. Anyways, this was a weird time right before dubstep artists started evolving into their own sounds. So we have releases from people like Untold with early Night Slugs sounding stuff: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KnG759WWVU. xxxy with a UK Funky tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Teq4LV_I1g. Hackman throws in a Lil Silva-esque track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEg1w3VUYg. Julio Bashmore has a bassy house tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1ffeLKc56c. Mosca, Brackles, Shortstuff, Martyn, Caspa & Rusko, Om Unit, and Starkey all also have tracks on here. I actually hadn't listened to this in a while and it's really interesting to see where all of the artists have taken their sounds. This release is definitely one that gets more fascinating as time goes on.

EDIT: If you missed Score Five's show a couple weeks ago, he had Slimzee on and played a bunch of old dubs. Proper old Eskibeat basslines in abundance (show is from April 22): http://rinse.fm/podcasts/?showID=294

Wowwwwww Slim has an early Geeneus tune that is garage with hints of what would become grime.

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 12, 2013

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

More relaxed juke from yours truly:

https://soundcloud.com/djchumpchange/chump-change-bazaar

knox
Oct 28, 2004

No Sleep Till Croydon on May 24th from Red Bull Music Academy - I finally get to see Mala for the first time after missing the two times I remember him coming, Skream Hatcha and Plastician joining him to make for a legendary collection. Then June 1st, Reconstrvct Outlook Festival Launch party with J.Robinson, Ruckspin-Jack Sparrow as a collective for Author live set, Seven, and Cyrus (!). Then June 7th Kryptic Minds at Subverse event.

July 27th the mother of all lineups for Reconstrvct 2nd anniversary - Youngsta, Amit, Vivek, Om Unit, Kahn and Neek as Gorgon Sound.

Brooklyn is where it's at for bass music. Tons of events I can't afford to travel to so I won't name them but these are the heaviest that I cannot miss.

knox fucked around with this message at 02:14 on May 15, 2013

Styliferous
Apr 23, 2005

ElectroBolt™
by Ryan Industries
Grimey Drawer

knox posted:

July 27th the mother of all lineups for Reconstrvct 2nd anniversary - Youngsta, Amit, Vivek, Om Unit, Kahn and Neek as Gorgon Sound.

I've got about 12 people bussing it up from Virginia Beach with me for this. Reconstrvct is the dubstep mecca of the east coast, can't wait to make my next trip up for another one.

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

Yet another 160bpm tune with breaks. Free download! At least this one has a diva (kinda)

https://soundcloud.com/djchumpchange/chump-change-star

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

So Spotify suggested this for me today :doh:

http://www.amazon.com/Tempa-Presents-Dubstep-Vol-Explicit/dp/B00CBUO9HM

No Sleep Til Croydon will probably be one of the last great dubstep nights in the world. Jealous of yall getting to go.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89FQnqpd_gs

Biiiiiiiiig Boiler Room set: Big H, President T, Meridian Dan, Maja, Chronik & G Man and Logan Sama on decks..

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Wow I haven't heard from President T in forever. What's he been doing?

Maguro
Apr 24, 2006

I didn't know this was gonna get uploaded, but here' a free bonus jungle juke tune from my new EP out on Footrap:

https://soundcloud.com/footrap/ftrp003-bonus-chump-change-tarry

Maguro fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 17, 2013

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

Diggin' this baauer You & Me remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Ni-elNxRg

Although the vocals are raised a little to much.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium
Speaking of Disclosure actually, Martin Clark has some thoughts on it all. I got to say I half forgot the actual article itself and got more engrossed in the comments. It's been a while since I've seen more than the odd one or two stick their oar in, even Elijah contributes. Personally I'm 50/50 on the article. Some things I dig, some maybe not so much.

Though is it wrong that what got me the most was reading that apparently the Disclosure boys knocked by a remix by El-B. Scandalous behaviour there! Actually that gives me a thought. Don't really care much for Disclosure, but man I'm thinking if they did one of those oft-dreaded remix albums - depending on the people who cut it up - I could see it being pretty good actually. Go on Island, write some cheques and get some decent folk in to stick some muscle on dem bones.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Speaking of Disclosure actually, Martin Clark has some thoughts on it all. I got to say I half forgot the actual article itself and got more engrossed in the comments. It's been a while since I've seen more than the odd one or two stick their oar in, even Elijah contributes. Personally I'm 50/50 on the article. Some things I dig, some maybe not so much.

Though is it wrong that what got me the most was reading that apparently the Disclosure boys knocked by a remix by El-B. Scandalous behaviour there! Actually that gives me a thought. Don't really care much for Disclosure, but man I'm thinking if they did one of those oft-dreaded remix albums - depending on the people who cut it up - I could see it being pretty good actually. Go on Island, write some cheques and get some decent folk in to stick some muscle on dem bones.

I liked the post, though I missed the comments the first time around. The techy house/housey techno part really rung true, a lot of what's big in bass these days sounds really boring and sterile to me, even if it's accomplished. And the part about it sounding like stuff from 20 years ago. Todd Edwards said the same thing in an interview recently, though with a much more positive spin. I do like Disclosure for a pop act pretty well though, and I bet they could make quality underground stuff if they tried.

The comments, though... People are serious about techno. Elijah's post is great.

edit: This is awesome
http://soundcloud.com/el-b-ghost/disclosure-boiling-feat-sinead

JamesKPolk fucked around with this message at 09:46 on May 21, 2013

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Didn't somebody link a Coki interview a few months back where he says basically the exact thing (but in reference to brostep) that Blackdown lambasts Disclosure over? He also seems to have an apparent disdain for Pre-UKG forms of electronica and their cyclical, non-progressive natures. Had I not known better I would have suspected that this is a bit of agitprop designed to bring more exposure to the still-fledgling 130 BPM trend he started / hitched his apple wagon too. The guy knows more about the assorted scenes than I'll likely ever know but I never much cared for his analysis or his taste as a curator.

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Basic Chunnel posted:

Didn't somebody link a Coki interview a few months back where he says basically the exact thing (but in reference to brostep) that Blackdown lambasts Disclosure over? He also seems to have an apparent disdain for Pre-UKG forms of electronica and their cyclical, non-progressive natures. Had I not known better I would have suspected that this is a bit of agitprop designed to bring more exposure to the still-fledgling 130 BPM trend he started / hitched his apple wagon too. The guy knows more about the assorted scenes than I'll likely ever know but I never much cared for his analysis or his taste as a curator.

I think it was me who threw up that Coki interview (want to say it was done by Joe Muggs?). That was a good one actually now I think about it

Honestly with the Blackdown stuff a lot of people seem to take it as bashing House or whatever, but I just don't see it that way. I've never got the feeling he's talking about 'pure' Techno/House from the past, or Techno/House from the present (+seem to recall an old article where he talks positively about Techno actually) but more how the UK scene is interacting with those and absorbing elements from them, and whether or not what's being absorbed and mixed in is turning out to be a good thing or not. A progressive thing or not - small p.

I can understand him, it's kinda like Garage in '01 or Dubstep in '08. That first big bang of originality has cooled down a bit and a lot of by the numbers stuff has appeared over the past year or so, even from old stalwarts. Recent Hotflush releases for example have been pretty dire or even worse - bland as hell. At least I think so.

I look back at the promise of say, those original Circle sounds (what I used to just roughly tag as UK House in the worlds least descriptive naming award). You had Funky mixed with UK sounds/Phil Asher and American and European tracks and it was groovy and you were just waiting for all those pieces to properly meld together and everything would go balls out. Now I look at that sound and I kinda think it's all mixed too much (a bit too much Germanic influence maybe?) and it's turned into a brown Techy-Housey goop that's not particularly cool or interesting and it's a shame to see the promise wasted.

Now I wouldn't call the 130 stuff he's pushing the future or whatever. A lot of it's cool mind. Personally the type of stuff on Eglo and labels like that is what's doing it for me. It's in it's own wee world doing it's own thing which I like. But I doubt it'll take off and hit the stars though, as I thought the exact same about Funky and that ended up doing it's best Challenger re-enactment.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

I'm about to finish up my complete tempa label collection, anyone know any other essential labels besides DMZ? That's next on my list.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

deadbian posted:

I'm about to finish up my complete tempa label collection, anyone know any other essential labels besides DMZ? That's next on my list.

Deep Medi Musik or maybe Chestplate?

I used to want full label collections (mostly dnb labels like Metalheadz, Exit, Ram and Virus), but then decided I just wanted my favorites from those labels. Gives a sense of "eras" from that label's history that you like.

BTW, you're in the DC area too, right? Where are you buying vinyl at? I hit a couple of the the second-hand places every couple of months, but mainly buy stuff through Discogs or private sellers.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

SUBFRIES posted:

Deep Medi Musik or maybe Chestplate?

I used to want full label collections (mostly dnb labels like Metalheadz, Exit, Ram and Virus), but then decided I just wanted my favorites from those labels. Gives a sense of "eras" from that label's history that you like.

BTW, you're in the DC area too, right? Where are you buying vinyl at? I hit a couple of the the second-hand places every couple of months, but mainly buy stuff through Discogs or private sellers.

I get my vinyl the same way you do, I don't know any decent record stores that have UK bass music. I've been doing full collections as well because TuneUp completely destroyed my tags on half my dubstep library so I decided to just rebuild it from scratch in a better format, plus I get to listen to artists like Headhunter that I had never paid attention to before and really enjoy a lot of their songs. I figure it's a good way to expand my library and find a bunch of dubstep I hadn't already known about. Deep Medi is huge but I may try to tackle that sometime in the future.

edit:

I just looked around a bunch of record shops online that are in our area but I still can't seem to find anything. Lame.

b0red fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 22, 2013

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

The thing I've noticed over the years is you end up more accidently having a full back catalogue of a labels releases purely by being there at the time, rather than any actual deliberate attempt to collect. Like I look at my own list of Tempa, DMZ, or Tectonic for example and I've got a good majority of them, up until late '07/08 anyway in those cases. Not totally complete, but I did okay.

Or even looking at labels where I have near complete chunks of their output from narrow period of times. The early Bingo and Hospital stuff for example when they were doing the Breakbeat Garage and Broken Beat stuff. It's like 2001-2003 everything, gently caress all anything before or since.

Of course that's not to say I don't have a discogs wantlist that's made up of way too many digits. Come on EuroMillions, papa wants to live in a giant house where the walls are nothing but row after row of records. Pretty much like Gilles Peterson actually.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Of course that's not to say I don't have a discogs wantlist that's made up of way too many digits. Come on EuroMillions, papa wants to live in a giant house where the walls are nothing but row after row of records. Pretty much like Gilles Peterson actually.

My early 2013 project was to get my collection cataloged on there, and then figure out my wantlist:

http://www.discogs.com/wantlist?user=R4NS0M

I've managed to get a few things from it these past few months. A couple friends tease me about it, but then they come over and I'll have the occasional double and give it to them. Also finally cataloged about 400 random records I inherited years ago, and went through all of them, recording samples and building a nice, personal sample library.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

I wish I had the money to build a vinyl library but all I have is my fathers haha at least I have a few insanely popular records that were only played once so they could be recorded over to another vinyl. I just love looking at that dark side of the moon vinyl and all its glory.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Uh why is Richy Ahmed doing the next Rinse mix (after Kode9)?

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

SUBFRIES posted:

My early 2013 project was to get my collection cataloged on there, and then figure out my wantlist:

See I tried doing that, then after getting the first 5-600 done I looked at the massive piles I still had left and went gently caress it. That wasn't even including CDs either. My wantslist wouldn't be half as bad if it wasn't for my shocking habit of adding everything to it. Proper release, white label, promo. It all goes in in case one ends up cheaper or easier to find. It also doesn't help half the time I forget to unwant it if I buy it either.

e: also hi-five on also having Boymerang's Still on the wantlist. One day I too will get round to buying it. Until then I'll just need to put in the Prototype Years cd. It's not even expensive or rare, which makes it worse as the cheap ones you say to yourself, "oh I'll pick it up next time" but you never do.

Mike_V posted:

It's what they're doing now for some god awful reason, bringing in outside acts. Despite the fact there is still plenty of DJs on the station they could pick. I guess the rest just don't hit their sales demographic or some bollocks like that.

28 Gun Bad Boy fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 22, 2013

Anae
Apr 23, 2008

Mike_V posted:

Weird. He's opening with probably my favourite straight-up house tune of the last months though so let's not cast judgement just yet.

SUBFRIES
Apr 10, 2008

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

e: also hi-five on also having Boymerang's Still on the wantlist. One day I too will get round to buying it. Until then I'll just need to put in the Prototype Years cd. It's not even expensive or rare, which makes it worse as the cheap ones you say to yourself, "oh I'll pick it up next time" but you never do.

I actually have the vinyl... I just want a copy with the full artwork sleeve.

Also, for me since I'm in the states, if I order from a UK seller I tend to buy as many pieces as they can fit in to one package. Sometimes it'll be the one or two pricey pieces, and then a bunch of the less expensive stuff. I even buy cheap stuff occasionally just for the cover art, a few things designed by Evan Hecox on Chocolate Industries, and a lot of stuff on Mob Records so I can eventually make a mosaic of sleeves by Mr. Jago.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

28 Gun Bad Boy posted:

Speaking of Disclosure actually, Martin Clark has some thoughts on it all. I got to say I half forgot the actual article itself and got more engrossed in the comments.

This has really started up a fire all over the web. I loved what Scuba had to weigh in.

Ola Ugh
May 19, 2005

Sjåre brymæ
Time to give a compliment: I like everything you produce and post here or soundcloud! Awesome poo poo.

Preditah on Boiler room a week ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4WMBLC3-4s

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

air- posted:

This has really started up a fire all over the web. I loved what Scuba had to weigh in.

Scuba in not being a total dick on twitter shocker! I'm actually surprised it's even made its way to the Disclosure boys. Sadly I'm not surprised they didn't know who he is, that Guardian article did explain a lot. Now I will have a laugh at the promoter sucking their dicks though. You don't need to try so hard man, it'll take more than some tweets to make them knock down their fee when you try to book them.

Still I'm surprised it's made such a kerfuffle, given even I didn't think it was one of Clark's most coherent of scribblings. Of course a lot of the comments have been disappointing variation of "oh he's just bitter" or "if you don't have anything good to say..." get all that talk tae gently caress.

Now if Disclosure were really cool though they'd let Clark do one of his proper meaty interviews with them. Don't know how it'd end up though, or if they'd actually have much to say or to contribute.

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

People in the electronic scene are way to judging of each other.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

deadbian posted:

People in the electronic scene are way to judging of each other.

I think there's a long history of the underground getting exploited by commercial markets that has caused a lot of people to be really wary/afraid of acts that become successful really quickly that ends up having negative repercussions for the people invested in it, beginning with acts/events like the Bee Gees, "Vogue"/Paris Is Burning, Big Beat, UK Garage, Baile Funk, etc (obviously not comprehensive). I think Disclosure touch on a familiar feeling for a lot of people. I mean someone could say "yeah well the underground just reinvents itself" - and in some cases it does - however, Paris Is Burning didn't pay a lot of people the money that was promised them, etc, and that's not posi. In any case, I think that's really what's going on.

I don't care for them too much. Latch is cool, but w/e. "EDM" hasn't stopped me from buying dang Innervisions records http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyaMONbvi4U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

I don't think that Paris is Burning example is fair. It was a documentary that was funded in part by public broadcasting money.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
You're probably right. I'm mostly thinking of how Jennie Livingston supposedly promised a lot of money to everyone, and nobody got paid.

In any case MVE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdIQTEYXDP4

Speaking of Mr. White, http://hardwax.com/68331/daniel-kyo-feat-mr-white/all-i-want/ this is really disappointing. I would have hoped that if you have Mr. White on the track, that you don't try to do too much and just let him do his thing! The instrumentals on all of these are terrible.

a milk crime fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 24, 2013

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

xposting from PHIZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfeOtcgjL50
Hey it's a guy from 4hero. Does he sound like Chicago Detroit Redruth-era Vibert, or does Chicago Detroit Redruth-era Vibert sound like him?

Also dunno if you all missed it but last Sunday B.YRSLF Division released a p. substantial free compilation of new and old club music things. Gotta like em on Facebook is all. They're probably my favorite of the post-Night Slugs / Monkeytown baby boom of club music imprints, tho I guess Clek Clek Boom's alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

28 Gun Bad Boy
Nov 5, 2009

Never been to Belgium

Basic Chunnel posted:

xposting from PHIZ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfeOtcgjL50
Hey it's a guy from 4hero. Does he sound like Chicago Detroit Redruth-era Vibert, or does Chicago Detroit Redruth-era Vibert sound like him?

Given how long Marc Mac has been running the Nu-Era project probably the latter. It's been cool to see him come back recently a bit more, doing his own thing. First with his Visioneers project on BBE and the Nu-Era stuff which has been about since the early 90s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X30J1tVd064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxTEjxbV404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVGeoju-psg

Reflective was a great wee early Reinforced sub-label by the way, though not much ever came out on it. Probably best known for putting out those two Deepest Shades of Techno comps. Well worth picking them up as they're pretty cheap with all classic Detroit stuff of the period with some UK thrown in too. I don't actually own that first Nu-Era album actually as it's worth a bomb now. Oh and don't forget 4Hero also remixed UR a decade ago too.

• Locked thread