Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
My oath models are done but I am waiting for the drat water effects to clear up before I take my pictures. They're technically done now but I don't want to take pictures of swamp monsters standing in bowls of cereal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

Hey, that's a pretty rare miniature you've got there.
Apparently, Adiken made counterfeit minis and got caught.

If you can recognize the name, it'd be cool of you to put a photo up on this page, although be sure to read up on how Lost Minis wants photos named, sized, and placed (I can do it for you if you just send me a photo).

Hmm. I do have some Adiken sculpts I picked up at a con (AF30's unpainted, but AF-023 I painted as a statue for terrain), but I'm not sure anymore that this is one. Maybe it's Ironwind Metals? I did a lot of random purchasing at cons. :)

Edit: VVVV Awesome, thanks!

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 06:25 on May 14, 2013

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat
Found her- Talaria, Elven swordswoman

http://ironwindmetals.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=263_276&products_id=7398

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Nice find. I've updated the sheet.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Wasn't sure what to do for my Brutal Effigy's scheme since my guild's various colours. So went for the box art since it's a good middle ground and a fun challenge since I'll have to do NMM and OSL which I'm not great at. Base colours down and more to go:

And now that I'm not stuck doing non-stop double shifts, 7 days a week, I can finally mail out all that stuff for the previous Oath thread. Should be an interesting trip to the post office! That big one in the back is the 3 Dust Tactics boxes together.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
:siren: I, Avenger_Mullah, oath to paint this undead dwarf berzerker & this wood elf :siren:

Wood elf is primed green, undead dwarf is primed white.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
Say I wanted to oath my new Zuzzy mat, how would that be covered by the rules? Would it count as a piece of large terrain, or should I just keep it out of the oath thread altogether?

Mr.Booger
Nov 13, 2004
Did I only get 1 point for the Jurnol for missing something? Figured I got time to correct if so.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TheBlobThing posted:

Say I wanted to oath my new Zuzzy mat, how would that be covered by the rules? Would it count as a piece of large terrain, or should I just keep it out of the oath thread altogether?

How big is it? If it's at least a skirmish sized mat I would assume it's big enough to count.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

JoshTheStampede posted:

How big is it? If it's at least a skirmish sized mat I would assume it's big enough to count.

Full size 6' by 4'.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete!

12 Warhammer Quest Skaven warriors by Games Workshop.

WIP 1.

WIP 2

WIP 3

Final image.

And here is a front and back of a couple, as they are all the same paint scheme.

Parts List.
(all by Games workshop)
Skull White Undercoat
Citadel White
Knarloc Green
Calthan Brown
Tallarn Flesh
Undercoat Black
Dwarf Bronze
Boltgun Metal
Codex Grey

Army painter Dark Tone
Vallejo Matt Varnish

I've not done anything but wash the bases, as these are for the Warhammer Quest board game, and I could not think of anything appropriate to do for them.

This gets me the Aww, its a baby, and Parts List bonuses. This also should quailfiy for the Detektiv's Journul and double the fun bonuses!

Does this also count as a themed group? They are all the same paint scheme but I'm not sure if that counts.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 22, 2013

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR

thiswayliesmadness posted:

And now that I'm not stuck doing non-stop double shifts, 7 days a week, I can finally mail out all that stuff for the previous Oath thread. Should be an interesting trip to the post office! That big one in the back is the 3 Dust Tactics boxes together.

Speaking of boxes, I just got a mystery present:

Oh dear I hope it's not something Sole.Sushi dug out from a tomb of concrete :ohdear:

A careful incision with my sharpest hobby knife reveals...

...brushes! And pinning paraphernalia! I like those! There were some other hobby tools buried too:

We need to go deeper

Digging out more stuff.

Putty, scalpel blades, wet palette and an instructional DVD. It's always good to learn from better painters so I took a quick look on the DVD and :stare:

Only the three mystery boxes left now:

What's in them?

The rainbow

The whole shebang in one picture:

I'm pretty much speechless right now.

Arlaharen fucked around with this message at 19:24 on May 14, 2013

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Wow, very nice indeed. Congrats!

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
That prize owns so hard.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I never really noticed how much of the P3 range is greens and browns.

Bird With Teeth
Oct 21, 2010
I, Bird With Teeth, oath this Ajax, Achilles, Phoenix, Patroclus, Myrmidon Officer, and (4) Myrmidons. Awwww, it's a baby!
All models are for the game Infinity by Corvus Belli

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr.Booger posted:

Did I only get 1 point for the Jurnol for missing something? Figured I got time to correct if so.

My mistake: I typoed the number. I've fixed it for ya now. Thanks for catching that!

Avenger_Mullah posted:

:siren: I, Avenger_Mullah, oath to paint this undead dwarf berzerker & this wood elf :siren:

Wood elf is primed green, undead dwarf is primed white.

What company made these two figures, please?

Grey Hunter posted:

Final image.

I've not done anything but wash the bases, as these are for the Warhammer Quest board game, and I could not think of anything appropriate to do for them.

I've not given the 1-point credit for basing here, since it does not meet the stated minimum "1 point: base your model (minimum is sand and paint or flocking)". If you upgrade your basing before the end of the month, please feel free to post a new oath complete post or edit your current one and let me know, and I'll check it and credit you that point.

quote:

Does this also count as a themed group? They are all the same paint scheme but I'm not sure if that counts.

Sure it counts. It's 5+ 28mm models painted to go together! :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Leperflesh posted:

The dwarf is Stonehaven, from their Dwarf Adventurers Kickstarter. I have that set, too, and it was pretty fun to paint.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Those P3 prizes look awesome!

So awesome, in fact, that I am placing an order for a P3 Wet Palette and probably some brushes to try out and maybe a few other impulse buys right now from our sponsor after seeing them in this thread.

:v:

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all

Arlaharen posted:

I'm pretty much speechless right now.

Hot drat that was a sweet prize. I didn't even know P3 had brass rods! Enjoy the goodness!

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

thiswayliesmadness posted:

Hot drat that was a sweet prize. I didn't even know P3 had brass rods! Enjoy the goodness!

They were legally obligated to begin producing brass rod when they made the Iron Fang Pikemen models.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:I, Black_Nexus oath to paint 5 games workshop warriors of chaos(As nurgle) for the month of may:siren:

Better late than never!

Black_Nexus fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 16, 2013

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Alright, giving it a shot again. Two years now I've lost steam halfway, but this year will be different, oh you'll see!

Takin it easy this first month, though...

I, MONOLITHS, OATH AN OLD-SCHOOL GW SLAANESHI CHAMPION, SORCERER, AND FAMILIAR FOR THIS MONTH OF MAY

They'll be used as Slaaneshi HQs; herald with etherblade, herald with spells n' poo poo, and the Masque.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Leperflesh posted:

I've not given the 1-point credit for basing here, since it does not meet the stated minimum "1 point: base your model (minimum is sand and paint or flocking)". If you upgrade your basing before the end of the month, please feel free to post a new oath complete post or edit your current one and let me know, and I'll check it and credit you that point.

Sure it counts. It's 5+ 28mm models painted to go together! :)

Great about the themed part, but the basing is not going to happen, as far as I'm concerned, their perfectly based for Warhammer Quest, where they stand in a single square of a stone hallway.
I'll just have to give up that point for this month. Once I've reclaimed some older models from my parents attic, I'll base some of them up.

Still, I'm not an oathbreaker for my first month, which is good!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
A spare skull or a few crumbles of masonry would not be far fetched for a simple approach at basing.

If you are fine missing the points it's no biggie, just playing devil's advocate.

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah the undead dwarf is stonehaven as Iris of Ether said. The wood elf is just a standard Games Workshop wood elf. Used to be the boss of store that stopped selling GW stuff, so I could buy minis with 70-90 % discount. Got thousands, but this was back in 2007ish, so none of their fancy new poo poo unfortunately. With Reaper delaying my bones for at least 2 months more I'll probably be painting a lot more GW in the next few months.

The dwarf's from stonehaven. Their dwarfs are awesome and come in lots of different kinds so if you are looking for great looking dwarfs that are fun to paint, look no further than stonehaven ones
They also have the least amount of flash I've ever seen on any metal miniatures from the last 20 years as well, if you care about that kind of thing :-)

Beffah
Jul 8, 2010

Well. Let's do this thing. I've been painting again, and this gives motivation.

One Cadian color-guard. RIP my sanity.

Beffah fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 15, 2013

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

TheBlobThing posted:

Saw this when I was reading on my phone but forgot to answer it earlier. I would say it definitely meets the minimum size requirement for any scale! I wasn't aware the Zuzzy mats can be painted, but if you wanna go for it, go on and do it.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

krushgroove posted:

Saw this when I was reading on my phone but forgot to answer it earlier. I would say it definitely meets the minimum size requirement for any scale! I wasn't aware the Zuzzy mats can be painted, but if you wanna go for it, go on and do it.

Yeah, they are plain grey when they show up, you're supposed to paint them.

ManiacMatt
Feb 28, 2007

This is not the pleasure planet I was promised!
I ManiacMatt oath 1 Eldar Warlock from GW

Gonna ease into the first month, then I think I'll try oathing a whole squad next.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Work in progress photo #2:

Basecoating on the Skull Cannon is coming along and the Pink Horrors are well on their way to completion. All the pink flesh is done, they just need all the details put in and a slathering of Agrax Earthshade to be ready for basing.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

Thanks for the reply, but I've gone ahead and painted it without oathing it. I figure playing on a painted Zuzzy mat would be enough incentive to get it painted, and seeing as I wouldn't get any points for adding to my oat, this is sort of a "side project."

Holy poo poo it takes a long time! Maybe I should get a sable brush sized "living room" for this.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Some WIP pics:

Gigantic originals are at http://tabletopstandard.blogspot.com/

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

TheBlobThing posted:

Thanks for the reply, but I've gone ahead and painted it without oathing it. I figure playing on a painted Zuzzy mat would be enough incentive to get it painted, and seeing as I wouldn't get any points for adding to my oat, this is sort of a "side project."

Holy poo poo it takes a long time! Maybe I should get a sable brush sized "living room" for this.

I'd use a actual paint brush, like one you would paint a house with. That's what we did, I wouldn't use anything smaller than a tank brush. It took forever even with big brushes.

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe

Black_Nexus posted:

I'd use a actual paint brush, like one you would paint a house with. That's what we did, I wouldn't use anything smaller than a tank brush. It took forever even with big brushes.

Yeah, I actually bought one which is almost 2 inches wide. Like you said, it still takes forever. Also, I used an entire can of Vallejo dipping sized black wash, and only covered 3/4 of it.

To not make this post a complete derail of oath-related stuff, I quasi-oath to post my completed real oath on my finished Zuzzy mat.

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Hurrah, the oath thread is back! And so quickly, this time! I guess it's time to :siren: swear a fell oath to paint these Relic busts (of GW characters, but the game is from Fantasy Flight Games)! :siren:

These guys are well above the normal 28mm size but I'll do 5 of them just in case. They are a Themed Team as the "Pillars of the Imperium," representatives of the Adepta Sororitas, Adeptus Mechanicus, Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Guard, and Inquisition, from left to right.

The only hitch(?) is they don't work on bases, they're board game pieces and they plug onto different colored pegs depending on which player is using each piece at a given time. Do I just miss out on the point for basing unless I make up an extra base and just lay them on top of it for the photo, or do they count as something not-normally-based, like a vehicle?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Companion Cube posted:

I just miss out on the point for basing unless I make up an extra base and just lay them on top of it for the photo, or do they count as something not-normally-based, like a vehicle?

Unless I'm forgetting something, I would say you get the free point for basing, because they don't come with one and aren't meant to sit on one.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
:siren:I oath a single tau stealth suit, made by games workshop:siren:

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Booley posted:

I oath a single tau stealth suit, made by games workshop

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard, oath 5 Elf Linewomen from Shadow Forge Miniatures.

Fyrbrand posted:

Nyss Hunters unit, Lanyssa Ryssyl, a Croak Hunter, Epic Madrak Ironhide, and a Skarlock Thrall. All are Privateer Press Models. Everything is on a 25mm base except for Epic Madrak, who is on a 40mm.

Bavius posted:

I, Bavius, do oath to paint One 28mm Gamesworkshop Warhammer 40k Tyranid Zoanthrope and intend to do Part's List and the Journal!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Awwww, a baby! I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath Master Tormentor Morghoul, six paingiver beast handlers, and a titan gladiator from Privateer Press for the month of May.

Iris of Ether posted:

I, Iris of Ether, oath that I will paint this random elf warrior for the month of May. Awwww, it's a baby!

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, oath to paint this undead dwarf berzerker & this wood elf

Bird With Teeth posted:

I, Bird With Teeth, oath this Ajax, Achilles, Phoenix, Patroclus, Myrmidon Officer, and (4) Myrmidons. Awwww, it's a baby!
All models are for the game Infinity by Corvus Belli

Black_Nexus posted:

I, Black_Nexus oath to paint 5 games workshop warriors of chaos(As nurgle) for the month of may

Monoliths posted:

I, MONOLITHS, OATH AN OLD-SCHOOL GW SLAANESHI CHAMPION, SORCERER, AND FAMILIAR FOR THIS MONTH OF MAY

ManiacMatt posted:

I ManiacMatt oath 1 Eldar Warlock from GW

Companion Cube posted:

swear a fell oath to paint these Relic busts (of GW characters, but the game is from Fantasy Flight Games)!

Accepted. Very sorry for the late reply; work chaos is still getting the better of me.

Beffah posted:

Well. Let's do this thing. I've been painting again, and this gives motivation.

One Cadian color-guard. RIP my sanity.

While your oath is accepted, in future months, make sure your oath is properly and formally formatted, such as the ones made above you. This includes bold font, the manufacturer(s) of the model(s) and somewhere the word "Oath." I did nearly miss this post; just makes things easier not only for me, but for our other judges as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: I add the following models to my May oath: 10 Death Guard (Games Workshop), 1 Mind Flayer (Reaper), 1 Dire Troll Mauler (Privateer Press) :siren:

• Locked thread