Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
PSN goon room :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Re: Ares, a 50/50 that costs meter is pretty low on the bullshit levels for this game, especially for a character that isn't overly intimidating to begin with.

And i dont know why some of you think luthor is anything but garbage, I've been saying that since the game came out. He's a setup based character who never has time to set stuff up. I'd love for someone to surprise me though.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Bosushi! posted:

It did. There's still silly stuff in the game (Bird Lao holy poo poo) but the patches made it far better.

The patches didn't do much except shuffling a few characters around and nerfing some already bad ones (Kano) for no good reason. Like 90% of the effort went into fixing Cyrax and look how well that turned out.

Edit: That said they seem to be taking it slow with the balance changes to Injustice so far, so that's a step in the right direction from MK9.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

gannyGrabber posted:

I'll be in after Raw, so 90 minutes.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

The patches didn't do much except shuffling a few characters around and nerfing some already bad ones (Kano) for no good reason. Like 90% of the effort went into fixing Cyrax and look how well that turned out.

Edit: That said they seem to be taking it slow with the balance changes to Injustice so far, so that's a step in the right direction from MK9.

I remember the summer of Jax.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Fingers McLongDong posted:

He's a setup based character who never has time to set stuff up. I'd love for someone to surprise me though.

Isn't there the potential to cancel knockdowns / juggles into setup moves (mines, drone) that would limit your opponent's movement options and allow Lex to counter whatever they have to do to get around the trap that's about to stun/interrupt them? It would all hinge on knowing exactly what your opponent's going to do to answer a particular trap- If you knock someone back and throw down a mine in one string they're either going to use a projectile or teleport/jump around it, and hopefully a good Lex would be able to predict such and immediately punish it after setting up the trap.

Or does that seem like an impossibility?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Jmcrofts posted:

...You think the gap in tiers is INTENTIONAL in some games?

I get the feeling that Lurdiak doesn't know what he's talking about. It's like I'm back on Gamefaqs, and someone is arguing that tiers don't exist in SSBM all over again.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Holy Calamity! posted:

Isn't there the potential to cancel knockdowns / juggles into setup moves (mines, drone) that would limit your opponent's movement options and allow Lex to counter whatever they have to do to get around the trap that's about to stun/interrupt them? It would all hinge on knowing exactly what your opponent's going to do to answer a particular trap- If you knock someone back and throw down a mine in one string they're either going to use a projectile or teleport/jump around it, and hopefully a good Lex would be able to predict such and immediately punish it after setting up the trap.

Or does that seem like an impossibility?

Lex seems to require some high level mind games. He's got lots of crap that fills the screen to make the opponent make the wrong move then punish. But the start up time man.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Got DC'ed and have to go now. Curse that turtling Harley. :smith:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

Got DC'ed and have to go now. Curse that turtling Harley. :smith:

Pot calling the kettle black about turtling!

Yeah I'm off to bed myself. RIP goon room.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

They were over reactive on some stuff, sure, but unpatched MK is almost unplayable for me.

You could also argue that most of the bs shouldn't have been in the game in the first place and I'd agree.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

gannyGrabber posted:

Pot calling the kettle black about turtling!

What are you talking about, I do random Lightning Charges all the time! That's how Flash is played, right? :downs:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

What are you talking about, I do random Lightning Charges all the time! That's how Flash is played, right? :downs:

It's so annoying! I wish Catwoman had a ranged attack specifically for when I fight the Flash.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Krad posted:

Don't make fun of me >:(

I'm learning the Flash slowly and lightning charge usually works against pubbies.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Fingers McLongDong posted:

And i dont know why some of you think luthor is anything but garbage, I've been saying that since the game came out. He's a setup based character who never has time to set stuff up. I'd love for someone to surprise me though.

I will beat you all the time one day. You will see.

Also if anyone is lurking around with some kind of awesome Sex Luthor junk you could tell me I promise to keep it to myself.

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

IronMcHardSteel posted:

Also if anyone is lurking around with some kind of awesome Sex Luthor junk you could tell me I promise to keep it to myself.

You can do Corps Charge as an instant air move like Cyborg's fireball. It's still unsafe on block, but slightly less so.

Really though, Lex has terrible damage, lovely movement options, no way to keep up pressure when your poo poo gets blocked, no way to safely set up anything off of a throw or overhead, and functionally no options at full screen except against characters that have literally no options at full screen. He's got some cool stuff on paper, but no way to set it up if your opponent has any kind of knowledge of the matchup.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Sorry I had to jet, strangemobius. Let's play more next time you see me dicking around in practice mode.

I can tell already that your Black Adam has improved quite a lot.

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Fenn the Fool! posted:

You can do Corps Charge as an instant air move like Cyborg's fireball. It's still unsafe on block, but slightly less so.

Really though, Lex has terrible damage, lovely movement options, no way to keep up pressure when your poo poo gets blocked, no way to safely set up anything off of a throw or overhead, and functionally no options at full screen except against characters that have literally no options at full screen. He's got some cool stuff on paper, but no way to set it up if your opponent has any kind of knowledge of the matchup.

D1 is supposedly a frame trap letting you set up B13, 22D1, or throw. They say that 22D1 is a frame trap that you can loop at least once or that you can D1 after it. Sometimes these work for me and I can tell I caught them pressing a button. His damage isn't actually that bad you can get ~%40 with one meter and he builds it really quickly. And yeah, full screen isn't Lex's friend.

I wish his Gravity Pull would suck people in whether they are blocking or not like Seth's Tanden Engine in SF4. Or at least be a lot safer to throw out raw.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

People have said you can cancel out of Grundy's Walking Dead move. How do you do this? I thought it was dash or overhead/bounce but neither of those work.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

QCB while doing it.

So bf3, qcb

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Dosvidanya posted:

QCB while doing it.

So bf3, qcb

I see. This will help me a lot. Thank you.

I'm guessing it makes it more safe to use for approaching.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Safer than a whiff but I'm not sure how punishable it is still.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

gannyGrabber posted:

It's so annoying! I wish Catwoman had a ranged attack specifically for when I fight the Flash.
Learn a ranged character. I've mained Green Arrow since I played through the story mode (I haven't played all of the non-story mode characters yet, so I dunno if there's someone better than him for me), and I think I've only lost one or two or three online matches vs Flash just because I know how to keep them away for as long as I can (mostly thanks to the flame arrows, which along with the frozen arrows, learning some of his combos, and moves to keep opponents away like is qcb+2, have made me a much better GA and possibly overall fighting game player in a few ways). To be fair, I haven't encountered many of them in the short time I've played, but I already have a good idea on what to do to beat him unless someone really good knows how to get around Flash's lack of ranged attacks.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 08:02 on May 14, 2013

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

IronMcHardSteel posted:

D1 is supposedly a frame trap letting you set up B13, 22D1, or throw. They say that 22D1 is a frame trap that you can loop at least once or that you can D1 after it. Sometimes these work for me and I can tell I caught them pressing a button. His damage isn't actually that bad you can get ~%40 with one meter and he builds it really quickly. And yeah, full screen isn't Lex's friend.

I wish his Gravity Pull would suck people in whether they are blocking or not like Seth's Tanden Engine in SF4. Or at least be a lot safer to throw out raw.

How exactly does he get 40%? I believe his go-to combo is b13, db2 MB, b3, j3, 113, bf2 which nets an underwhelming 35% and typically you want to cut the end so you can setup forcefield/mine/probe which means you get just over 30% for a bar. To my knowledge his only safe overhead starter is b2u3 which, when hitconfirmed to d3, gets you a whopping 16% and no time for setups. Same deal with his throw and the follow ups to his 22 string, they're decent mixups but there's no reward for landing them. I've also seen people say they can hitconfirm off of his d1 into a 50/50, but both my personal experience with that and the frame data say that'd take some serious reaction times; more importantly there are a number of characters that can just cancel d1 into a safe combo starter and hitconfirm from there so this definitely isn't an area where Lex stands out from the rest of the cast. 22d1 to d1 frame trap is a thing, it works (barely, don't miss that 1 frame link), but again this is his only option for pressure and it pales in comparison to the rest of the cast.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Gonna go the lazy way here and drop a few links from EventHubs:

Injustice sold 424,000 in the US in April.
Boon's unofficial DLC poll closed, Blue Beetle received the least votes.
Match videos involving Arturo "TS|Sabin" Sanchez (Green Lantern, Sinestro, Aquaman), Maxter (Catwoman), and Jailhouse (Cyborg) and also Alioune (Cyborg) vs. DragonGod (Black Adam).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Those sales are pretty low. :(

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Lurdiak posted:

I don't think 424,000 in one month in one country is all that bad, actually, but who knows what NRS's projections were.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Those sales are actually pretty damned high for a fighting game, almost certainly met or exceeded their targets there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I guess I have a skewed perspective from AAA game sale numbers being in the millions, then. If it's a good number, that's good!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Lurdiak posted:

half a million for a game that released halfway into the month and is only counting US and not worldwide #'s? I think that is loving fantastic for a fighter.

Plus if the guys in the article are like the old npd's their numbers will not include Wal-mart sales(they won't disclose units sold) which is the largest game retailer in the USA.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wow, those sales... god drat. I truly wasn't expecting that.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That's about 25 million gross. Somehow I think they've already paid for development.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lurdiak posted:

"NetherRealm's DC Comics brawler Injustice: Gods Among Us sold around 424,000 units in the United States last month, according to research firm Cowen & Company. The financial services company believes the game was April's only new release to sell more than 250,000 units."

http://www.gamespot.com//news/analyst-injustice-gods-among-us-sales-hit-424000-in-us-6408267

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Spuckuk posted:

Those sales are actually pretty damned high for a fighting game, almost certainly met or exceeded their targets there.

And yet, it still takes me five minutes on average to find a ranked match to play. :mad:

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Anyone up for playing some 1v1 or maybe getting a goon KOTH/room together on 360? Gamer Tag is the same as my name.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Kind of lame and apparently the Killing Joke skins are all for the Joker

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Fine with me. Maybe we'll get a few more Joker players.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

We are totally going to get a Red Hood Joker. Or at least failed comedian Joker.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Interstellar Owl posted:

Anyone up for playing some 1v1 or maybe getting a goon KOTH/room together on 360? Gamer Tag is the same as my name.

Added. First day playing in almost a week and still getting over a nasty cold.

Made a room: AMGOONS

drat, Hero Cards are still broken?

Seymour Butts fucked around with this message at 17:02 on May 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Fenn the Fool! posted:

How exactly does he get 40%? I believe his go-to combo is b13, db2 MB, b3, j3, 113, bf2 which nets an underwhelming 35% and typically you want to cut the end so you can setup forcefield/mine/probe which means you get just over 30% for a bar. To my knowledge his only safe overhead starter is b2u3 which, when hitconfirmed to d3, gets you a whopping 16% and no time for setups. Same deal with his throw and the follow ups to his 22 string, they're decent mixups but there's no reward for landing them. I've also seen people say they can hitconfirm off of his d1 into a 50/50, but both my personal experience with that and the frame data say that'd take some serious reaction times; more importantly there are a number of characters that can just cancel d1 into a safe combo starter and hitconfirm from there so this definitely isn't an area where Lex stands out from the rest of the cast. 22d1 to d1 frame trap is a thing, it works (barely, don't miss that 1 frame link), but again this is his only option for pressure and it pales in comparison to the rest of the cast.

I just said ~40%. I've been slowly trying to work in J3, d1, db2 MB, 22, INTERACT, b3, Ji2, F2, bf2 for 45%. If you get them with a mine you can Ji3,d1,db2 MB, b3, ji2, f2, bf2 for 44%. For most characters that aren't Green Lantern I don't see any reason not to jump in so I am starting to use jump in to strings a lot.

F2 is the better overhead for my use but I only do it when I know I've got them anticipating b13 and then it leads into 40% with F2, db2 MB, b3, Ji3, f2, db2. As for the 22 strings I'm pretty sure you can place a mine every time you hit these and even if they tech roll from the 22d1 a far mine gets them.

And I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, but I count a well placed mine or an orb as pressure.

Honestly though none of this works when I'm playing someone that knows how to play fighting games. I kind of feel like if I could calm down a little and put all of Lex's little pieces together more perfectly I could do alright.

IronMcHardSteel fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 14, 2013

• Locked thread