Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

I just wanted to say that I'm sure the centered thread titles when you're reading a thread were the tiniest bit of code, but it makes me so happy. Never knew centering could bring me such peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

MiniFoo posted:

This is a fantastic app, and I use it just as much as (if not more than) the Android version on my phone. I did find a small bug, though: selecting "filter by this user" to see just their posts in a given thread only displays one page of results, i.e. up to 20 posts, then shows End of Thread. I'm on an iPad2 running iOS 6.1.3.

Pokeyman - I think the bits I've bolded are a clue.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Diabolik900 posted:

Pokeyman - I think the bits I've bolded are a clue.

I meant 40, sorry. And actually, it does the same thing for my username in this thread, even though I only have three posts here:

And about the Imgur comment from before, disregard, I am a moron. :downs:

MiniFoo fucked around with this message at 01:01 on May 10, 2013

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I don know if this were an intentional design, but when highlight quoted text is on, it only highlights the first instance, like so:

Figured I'd bring it up in case that wasn't working as intended.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

pokeyman posted:

I can't seem to trigger this. It works fine on my own posts, so it's not a blanket issue with the logged-in user. And it worked fine on your posts in the thread you linked. (Whoever suggested following a copied URL when switching to Awful: I use it constantly in the simulator. Good call.)

In what way? Wrapping pasted imgur links in [img] tags?

I actually encountered the same thing with fatpat286's posts in the Retro Game mega thread in Games. Hes clearly got more than 40 posts in the thread, but it only shows the first set. Maybe that one will help.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

LPG Giant posted:

So I found a bug: When I tap on the ... Icon of a user's post the box that pops up (which looks really nice, by the way) only stays up for like a second or so before it disappears again.
iPad 4th gen, 6.1.3

Does it happen in every thread? Or just some threads?

And I guess you have a fan Mr. The Dave! (That's who made it look nice.)

MiniFoo (and others who echoed the problem) posted:

I meant 40, sorry. And actually, it does the same thing for my username in this thread, even though I only have three posts here [...]

I'll take a look, thanks! Might not fix it for this version; I want to hurry up so those on iOS 5 aren't punished ever longer.

ClydeUmney posted:

I just wanted to say that I'm sure the centered thread titles when you're reading a thread were the tiniest bit of code, but it makes me so happy. Never knew centering could bring me such peace.

Actually negative code; I removed the never-quite-working hack to left-align the title. I agree it looks much better centered!

FreshFeesh posted:

I don know if this were an intentional design, but when highlight quoted text is on, it only highlights the first instance [...]

Definitely unintended, thanks for bringing it up. I'll take a look!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Man, haven't used this much since the recent update. It's a lot more fancy now. Thanks for continuing to smarten things up.

Is there any chance of the YOSPOS theme selector thing coming back? Or is it in some settings I'm not seeing?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

McDragon posted:

Man, haven't used this much since the recent update. It's a lot more fancy now. Thanks for continuing to smarten things up.

Is there any chance of the YOSPOS theme selector thing coming back? Or is it in some settings I'm not seeing?

Try the AA button on the bottom right.

LPG Giant
Feb 20, 2011

pokeyman posted:

Does it happen in every thread? Or just some threads?

And I guess you have a fan Mr. The Dave! (That's who made it look nice.)

Weird, yesterday it happened in all threads (this was one of them), but it appears to have gone away now.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

pokeyman posted:

Try the AA button on the bottom right.

Oh, that is brilliant. Sorry, guess I should have had a better look before I assumed it was gone. Has it been like that a while?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

McDragon posted:

Oh, that is brilliant. Sorry, guess I should have had a better look before I assumed it was gone. Has it been like that a while?

Maybe a fortnight.

radge
Jan 21, 2005

Is there any chance of the yospos themes being added to the forum list as opposed to just the thread view?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

radge posted:

Is there any chance of the yospos themes being added to the forum list as opposed to just the thread view?

Yes.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Did I mention how much I like the new compose icon? Much better.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
This seems like a poo poo ton of thankless work. Can you add a $5 IAP that turns the icon gold or some dumb thing so we can donate to you guys?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Beelzebozo posted:

This seems like a poo poo ton of thankless work. Can you add a $5 IAP that turns the icon gold or some dumb thing so we can donate to you guys?

Or if nothing else, tell us your personally-preferred charity so I can write them a check.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Small bug:

When you delete a thread from your bookmark list by sliding and pressing the red button you can no longer scroll down and load the second page of your bookmarks.

Clearly not a massive problem, nor one that will crop up often but I just thought I'd let you know.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Beelzebozo posted:

I wouldn't begin to know how any donations should be split up. There's at least a dozen people with legitimate claim to a share.

jivjov posted:

Or if nothing else, tell us your personally-preferred charity so I can write them a check.

My personally preferred charity is your personally preferred charity, with the stipulation that you make very clear they can use your donation for whatever they need, including administrative costs.

Chuck Bartowski posted:

When you delete a thread from your bookmark list by sliding and pressing the red button you can no longer scroll down and load the second page of your bookmarks.

You have uncovered the next-level logic I use to test for multiple pages of bookmarks!

(Good catch, I'll fix it up.)

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
New minor nitpick that only applies to beta testers: If I click on a link to a forums thread in Awful Beta, it'll open in Awful :v:

Nothing that needs addressing, just though it was interesting.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

New minor nitpick that only applies to beta testers: If I click on a link to a forums thread in Awful Beta, it'll open in Awful :v:

Nothing that needs addressing, just though it was interesting.

Well that kind of needs addressing, if we want to actually test that feature! I'll fix it up.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

Chuck Bartowski posted:

I can't upload images in the new update and occasionally when I back out of a thread it will just suddenly show the bookmarks page, no transition.

The latter is still happening to me consistently.

Testing the former now:

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
Would you consider adding full screen mode to the landscape orientation. Like Safari on iPhone.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

This batch of App Store reviews is much less delightful than the last few :(

iv46vi posted:

Would you consider adding full screen mode to the landscape orientation. Like Safari on iPhone.

Sure!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Is it just me or is the slide-out iPad menu not quite the same? It seems like 75% of the time I want to bring it out, I just end up scrolling up or down on the page.

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?
I just updated Awful on my iPhone 4s with iOS 5.1.1 (I've just never bothered to plug in and update) and now trying to view any thread crashes the app.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Base Emitter posted:

I just updated Awful on my iPhone 4s with iOS 5.1.1 (I've just never bothered to plug in and update) and now trying to view any thread crashes the app.

Sounds like you're still using the outdated app, not the new Awful that's on the store.

Or update to iOS 6.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Base Emitter posted:

Sorry about that. The fix is submitted, just waiting for it to be approved.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Magnus Praeda posted:

Is it just me or is the slide-out iPad menu not quite the same? It seems like 75% of the time I want to bring it out, I just end up scrolling up or down on the page.

It is not just you!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

pokeyman posted:

This batch of App Store reviews is much less delightful than the last few :(
Screw the reviews. I love the app. :unsmith:

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Is this right?

It seems to have an extra row for icons that is blank, on an iPhone 5.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Same here. It does look a little oddly spaced.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Instead of crashing when I view a thread, the app just doesn't load beyond seeing the background of thread tags. I'm iOS 5 and buffoonishly downloaded the update. Will this be fixed with the submitted update or should I see a doctor

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I'm not sure whether you have any control over auto-correct, but it behaves very poorly with bbcode.

If this is out of your hands I guess I'll just need to slow down. :v:

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans
Pretty insignificant issue, but I changed my password using my desktop. I knew I would have to change it on my iPad/iPhone, and when I launched the app, it seemed to hang on both. I closed it on both, and upon reopening I was prompted to login. Not really the biggest thing in the world since I knew it was likely related to my password change.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Is there any way a left and right arrow can be added to the keyboard? iOS as a whole is a pain in the rear end to type with for any mistakes or edits you want to change that isn't the last word you typed.

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Terminal Entropy posted:

Is there any way a left and right arrow can be added to the keyboard? iOS as a whole is a pain in the rear end to type with for any mistakes or edits you want to change that isn't the last word you typed.

If you have the ability to jailbreak, it is worth it just to get SwipeSelection. It lets you move the cursor around by sliding your finger around on the keyboard.

My PIN is 4826
Aug 30, 2003

Terminal Entropy posted:

Just to check - you're aware of the magnifying glass tool for positioning the cursor that pops up if you tap and hold over some editable text, right?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

My PIN is 4826 posted:

Just to check - you're aware of the magnifying glass tool for positioning the cursor that pops up if you tap and hold over some editable text, right?

That is extremely slow compared to arrow keys.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Yea, a few apps with a row of custom keyboard keys also add arrows. It's handy for painstakingly perfecting a wall of text that no one will ever read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Francois Kofko posted:

Instead of crashing when I view a thread, the app just doesn't load beyond seeing the background of thread tags. I'm iOS 5 and buffoonishly downloaded the update. Will this be fixed with the submitted update or should I see a doctor

Should be fixed very soon.

Elysiume posted:

I'm not sure whether you have any control over auto-correct, but it behaves very poorly with bbcode.

I've tried and, so far, failed to fix this. I'm not out of ideas, just out of easy ideas, so hopefully I can come up with something. I know it's a pain, I run in to it constantly.

Sieg posted:

Pretty insignificant issue, but I changed my password using my desktop. I knew I would have to change it on my iPad/iPhone, and when I launched the app, it seemed to hang on both. I closed it on both, and upon reopening I was prompted to login. Not really the biggest thing in the world since I knew it was likely related to my password change.

That's pretty lovely! I'll put it on the list, thanks.

Terminal Entropy posted:

I'll think on it!

• Locked thread