Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Rhyno posted:

That's an incredible price, I had 5 copies on the marketplace and the day IM3 hit I sold all three of them for $18 a pop. Now I have buyers asking me about returns and/or price matching. Cheap assholes.

Just tell them it is probably remaindered and with Amazon's shipping it will come torn in half, water logged, and with a solitary square of single ply toilet paper draped over it for protection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
It's a bargain book, and bargain books from Amazon often have those overstock sharpie marks on them. Still, at that price I'm tempted to buy another one.

Marf Revus
Apr 20, 2010

Meh
I have the first three TMNT Ultimate Collection's, how's number 4? Not sure why I'm questioning myself on getting it or not.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
My local branch of Newbury Comics is having a massive comics TPB/Hardcover sale. Ended up getting the second Power Man and Iron Fist Essential volume for $10, and Vol. 3 of the Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD Masterwork for $20. They also have all the trades of BKV's Runaways for $8 each, which I might go back for later. Anything else I should look out for? It's predominantly Marvel trades and hardcovers, and I think all the Masterworks are $20 instead of $60.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

sporklift posted:

Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 2 (Fraction) is on sale for $14 right now.

http://www.amazon.com/Invincible-Ir...ncible+iron+man
Thanks! Funny that I had just asked about them the other day. Great price, really (Omnibus or not). I ordered both, €45 in total, shipping to Ireland and everything.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I was pondering the Invincible Iron Man Omnibus Volume 2 for a few days. $14 is my point. Sold!

Thanks guys!

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Marf Revus posted:

I have the first three TMNT Ultimate Collection's, how's number 4? Not sure why I'm questioning myself on getting it or not.

I thought the art was pretty bad especially when compared to the Eastman/Laird issue in the middle. The first few pages were jarring and then I kinda got used to it. The shading on the turtles looks especially bad blown up like this. I kinda dug the story and will pick up V.5 when it comes out. I wish this series had been a complete Mirage collection.

Click for bigger.

Eastman/Laird Issue

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

sporklift posted:

I wish this series had been a complete Mirage collection.

Me too. Cutting out a bunch of the "guest written" early issues was a bummer because some of those stories are really crazy and interesting.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Sold.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 16, 2013

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I want to get the Invincible Iron Man HC but the goon in me doesn't want a potentially marked book :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

I want to get the Invincible Iron Man HC but the goon in me doesn't want a potentially marked book :(

Volume 2? I have one more I think...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

I am planning on selling Judge Dredd Case files 1-11, 13-16, Origins, and The complete America. If anyone is intrested let me know by posting or PM.

How much for each?

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!

RandallODim posted:

My local branch of Newbury Comics is having a massive comics TPB/Hardcover sale. Ended up getting the second Power Man and Iron Fist Essential volume for $10, and Vol. 3 of the Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD Masterwork for $20. They also have all the trades of BKV's Runaways for $8 each, which I might go back for later. Anything else I should look out for? It's predominantly Marvel trades and hardcovers, and I think all the Masterworks are $20 instead of $60.

I have been hitting that sale every week for the last month. Best score was either the Siege OSHC (15ish) and Age of X OSHC which was right where I stopped Carey's X-Men run. 9 bucks or something crazy.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Rhyno posted:

Volume 2? I have one more I think...

Yeah, let me know

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodoze posted:

Yeah, let me know

It was a volume 1.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Glenn Danzig posted:

IT'S NOT AN OMNIBUS!

How's Atlantis Attacks treating you bro?

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
This may be a stupid question, but I'm wondering how good InStockTrades is as far as getting new stuff in - should I be trusting their "coming soon" to be complete, or figure they'll be getting things even though they're not listed?

Namely, I'm planning to get the Fatale and Catwoman trades due out in June, and not seeing them there, and wondering if IST's deep discounts come at the cost of limited selection. Hoping, though, they just aren't thorough in their "coming soon" schedule...

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Faustoan Bargain posted:

This may be a stupid question, but I'm wondering how good InStockTrades is as far as getting new stuff in - should I be trusting their "coming soon" to be complete, or figure they'll be getting things even though they're not listed?

Namely, I'm planning to get the Fatale and Catwoman trades due out in June, and not seeing them there, and wondering if IST's deep discounts come at the cost of limited selection. Hoping, though, they just aren't thorough in their "coming soon" schedule...

I think their selection is great. Pretty sure they will have those books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Faustoan Bargain posted:

If it's a book that has yet to be released they will get it. If it's old stock don't always count on it.

Also on that subject, my insider info says DCBS/IST may be going up for sale shortly.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Rhyno posted:

If it's a book that has yet to be released they will get it. If it's old stock don't always count on it.

Also on that subject, my insider info says DCBS/IST may be going up for sale shortly.

It looks like DCBS has more stuff than usual in their specials, any thoughts on how wise it would be to order something that won't be out for a while?
And I guess DR STRANGE AND DR DOOM TP TRIUMPH AND TORMENT is getting reprinted? Cool.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I got in my Invincible Iron Man 2 Omnibus today, and the remainder mark was simply a little dot made by a sharpie on the top of the book. Barely noticeable. No shrinkwrap, however. So those on the fence shouldn't feel too bad.

Rhyno posted:

Oh no! I just hope it's not like when DeepDiscountDVD got bought out and started sucking. IST rocks for their stuff.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The owner's wife is tired of it and wants to move to a warmer state and she gets whatever she wants if history is any indicator.

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Rhyno posted:

The owner's wife is tired of it and wants to move to a warmer state and she gets whatever she wants if history is any indicator.

LCBS drama up in this piece.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

LCBS drama up in this piece.

They also pulled out of the local convention they used to sponsor because she thought it was a waste of money!

Glenn Danzig
Jan 4, 2006
Is it time to be an android not a man

Rhyno posted:

They also pulled out of the local convention they used to sponsor because she thought it was a waste of money!

Is that why it changed from the Summit City Con to the Apple Seed Con?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I'd love to hear DC's logic as to why there isn't a proper collection of Suicide Squad, Ostrander Era.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd love to hear DC's logic as to why there isn't a proper collection of Suicide Squad, Ostrander Era.

You are expecting logic in DC's Trade Department?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

You are expecting logic in DC's Trade Department?

Such great heights, I know. On the other end of the spectrum http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com/post/50445159009/any-plans-for-a-powers-omnibus

Shameless
Dec 22, 2004

We're all so ugly and stupid and doomed.

Because not enough people bought the first trade to warrant reprinting the rest of it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Shameless posted:

Because not enough people bought the first trade to warrant reprinting the rest of it.
Collecting such a long series in thin trades was a dumb idea to begin with. They should have done it like the Starman omniboo, with a good 16-18 issues per.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Collecting such a long series in thin trades was a dumb idea to begin with. They should have done it like the Starman omniboo, with a good 16-18 issues per.

Which would have bumped up the price per volume and even fewer people would have bought it.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Which would have bumped up the price per volume and even fewer people would have bought it.
It would have been classier, and that's all that matters :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

It would have been classier, and that's all that matters :colbert:

Tell that to Bob Wayne.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I love Suicide Squad and regret selling all my singles instead of binding them when I bound my JLI, Starman, and Sandman Mystery Theatre runs.

I bought the first Suicide Squad TPB a few years back when it came out, and I remember they went as far as soliciting volume 2 before canceling it without an explanation (but presumably due to low sales for volume 1). That series was really tailor-made for reprinting in the black-and-white Showcase TPBs; DC could have done the whole run in three super-thick volumes, and it would not have lost much by being in black and white.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love Suicide Squad and regret selling all my singles instead of binding them when I bound my JLI, Starman, and Sandman Mystery Theatre runs.

I bought the first Suicide Squad TPB a few years back when it came out, and I remember they went as far as soliciting volume 2 before canceling it without an explanation (but presumably due to low sales for volume 1). That series was really tailor-made for reprinting in the black-and-white Showcase TPBs; DC could have done the whole run in three super-thick volumes, and it would not have lost much by being in black and white.

Volume 1 sold so bad it was part of the DC fire sale last fall.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Re: InStockTrades-- wow. Hadn't heard of them. Went and looked, and better prices than Amazon or B&N (right now, at least). And apparently much better packaging according to reviews/commentary.

Is the 45% off most books they're running now at all standard? It seems like not, right? In any event, there's a 45% discount on almost everything I've looked at at the moment. If it's not their standard, how long do promotions like this last?

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

onefish posted:

Re: InStockTrades-- wow. Hadn't heard of them. Went and looked, and better prices than Amazon or B&N (right now, at least). And apparently much better packaging according to reviews/commentary.

Is the 45% off most books they're running now at all standard? It seems like not, right? In any event, there's a 45% discount on almost everything I've looked at at the moment. If it's not their standard, how long do promotions like this last?

I think 42-45% is the norm. I think they sometimes give you a promo code for 2% more off but you have to use it within a week or two of your previous order. Their packaging is awesome. and free shipping over $50.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...

sporklift posted:

Their packaging is awesome.

Seconding this for emphasis. Was blown away by how well packed/wrapped/cushioned my books were, especially given I was getting free shipping. If Amazon was this careful, I'd probably never leave the house.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Faustoan Bargain posted:

Seconding this for emphasis. Was blown away by how well packed/wrapped/cushioned my books were, especially given I was getting free shipping. If Amazon was this careful, I'd probably never leave the house.

Thirding. Their packing is top notch. Blows Amazon out of the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

At a certain point, it becomes a collection of CAPTAIN ATOM, CHECKMATE!, MANHUNTER, a Deadshot mini, and FIRESTORM. It's a great run but nobody is casually buying a Janus Directive trade, much less probably two of them.