Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Commodore_64 posted:

How about the blink rate varies in a sine wave or something fun? Almost imperceptible, but enough to unnerve anyone with a sense of timing.

Or to tease the "omg my blinker is going at the same rate as that guy's!" guy, which is me 100%.

I always hope that some day I'll be spot on with someone else :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I always get excited when my bike is shaking in time with somebody's blinkers... it never does it in time with my own!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MotoGP Seasons 1987-1989 on the 500cc two stroke bikes - The Unrideables
http://youtu.be/uft0VHl37n8

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

NitroSpazzz posted:

I saw this on TV the other day, well worth a watch.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

This was awesome.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b8PFPsEa84

Pretty impressive crash.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The Scranton Law Firm is available 24/7 on the FREE HOTLINE.
• The Scranton Law Firm will COME to YOU!
• The Scranton Law Firm charges no fees UNLESS WE WIN!
• The Scranton Law Firm Settles MOST cases WITHOUT going to COURT!
• The Scranton Law Firm handles Motorcycle, Auto, or Accidents of Any Kind!
• The Scranton Law Firm has 40 years' experience and 1000s of SATISFIED clients!
855-SLF-MOTO or https://www.slfmoto.com

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

• The Scranton Law Firm has 40 years' experience and 1000s of SATISFIED clients!

Right? What the heck is that about?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Right? What the heck is that about?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

But that's a track accident...Who are you going to sue? Your right hand?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I think he means why the Scranton Law Firm posted the video. The other vid on the account shows that Chris Scranton also rides on the track and appears to sponsor at least one rider - maybe the club rider was also sponsored.

E: Just noticed Scranton rides on the track in Sedici leathers :v:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Sneak peak of the 2014 Indian motorcycle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhDvAqLeE8E

I'm excited.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

"Ship to Sturgis." Sounds about right.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Indian: Assembled with a Hammer™

e: Indian: Hammer Through the Gears!™
Indian: Hammer Down!™

double edit:
All Indian motorcycles take a beating from the factory, so you can treat it like a garage queen, guilt free!

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 13:48 on May 14, 2013

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

"Choice is coming to American motorcycles"

Now you have the choice between a Harley, and an exact clone of a Harley!!!!!!! SO MUCH DIVERSITY

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

ought ten posted:

"Ship to Sturgis." Sounds about right.

They make great trailer ornaments

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Does it come fully assembled at that $18,999 price point, or do they just ship you the parts? I don't think I've ever seen a used one for less than $20k.

Fake edit: a few on my local CL going for 12K-18K, and the cheap ones all have some variety of ape hangers :doh:

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I like the look of the CTX700N. The faired version is ugly, though. Too bad it's chain drive. I want belt or shaft for my next bike.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

What better way to show your passive-aggressiveness to the semi-stereotypical Harley owner than with this sticker?
(He is actually a nice guy, but his "Holy loving poo poo :gonk:" reaction to the fact that my bike has 54k miles was hilarious)

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Can somebody with better Photoshop skills than me make that sticker but instead of "HARLEY DAVIDSON" says "HARDLY RIDDEN"?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Short memory on this forum. If you'll recall "Hardly Ridden" rider KrazieK logs as many miles as 20 goons.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I thought "potato-potato-potato" was just the onomatopoeia for HD engines at idle? A friend of mine used to ride an old 80s 883 and made a few "potato" comments about it.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Pope Mobile posted:

I thought "potato-potato-potato" was just the onomatopoeia for HD engines at idle? A friend of mine used to ride an old 80s 883 and made a few "potato" comments about it.

It is and apparently seen as a good thing :v:

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!

nsaP posted:

Short memory on this forum. If you'll recall "Hardly Ridden" rider KrazieK logs as many miles as 20 goons.

One exception does not change the stereotype.

Covert Ops Wizard
Dec 27, 2006

nsaP posted:

C'mon son. The stereotype is a thing for a reason.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pope Mobile posted:

Yeah, I think that's all it is; the fact that most of them have the same HP-displacement ratio as a potato is incidental :v:

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

nsaP posted:

Were KrazieK's claims ever verified, or was he just a guy making incredible claims?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Safety Dance posted:

Were KrazieK's claims ever verified, or was he just a guy making incredible claims?

If I recall a team of CA inspectors found his odometers had not been tampered with, furthermore

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
You could extend that stereotype to 90% of the motorcycling community in the US. It just makes non-Harley weekend riders feel better about their 1000 miles and 5 months of winter storage a year.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

nsaP posted:

You could extend that stereotype to 90% of the motorcycling community in the US. It just makes non-Harley weekend riders feel better about their 1000 miles and 5 months of winter storage a year.

truth.com.org.biz/edu/net

There's a range of different motorcycles in the parking lot this time of year. Off the top of my head: FJR; Vulcan 900; various HDs; CX500; Sabre; Goldwing; some kind of Victory; Vstar 650. The bike, other than mine, that is parked out there year round is a Yamaha Tmax.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

nsaP posted:

Even the loudest sport bike exhausts don't compare to the awful poo poo that is Harley straight pipes. I live on Highway 9 so I hear about 100 bikes a day or more and the only ones that drive me bonkers and ultimately drown out windows-closed conversation are straight pipes.

edit: content!

Dude normally does bike shots but I saw these on his Facebook and thought they were pretty great. :)

Knot My President! fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 14, 2013

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

Pope Mobile posted:

I like the look of the CTX700N. The faired version is ugly, though. Too bad it's chain drive. I want belt or shaft for my next bike.

I saw one of these at the dealer last week and though it was the ugliest motorcycle I had seen in recent memory.

Stugazi
Mar 1, 2004

Who me, Bitter?
Group riding the mountains outside of Borrego Springs. I was the sweeper for this portion.

We got split into two groups. Towards the end I leave the tail pack and catch the lead pack. Seconds later the guys behind me caught up and took lead again.

I pick up the pace a bit around 7:20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Qv8wUo8ib4

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

ElMaligno posted:

What better way to show your passive-aggressiveness to the semi-stereotypical Harley owner than with this sticker?

I like this, my bike goes potato potato potato potato potato potato. How is that passive aggressive? Can I get that on a sticker to put on my pannier?

ElMaligno posted:

It is and apparently seen as a good thing :v:

Why wouldn't it be? Bike makes noise -> riders like the noises their bikes make.

Sometimes you guys try embarrassingly hard with your Harley hate.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Radial engine motorcycle. It even has a little propeller on the front of the engine :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirsRnytTkU

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

That reminds me, I wonder what happened to the bomber bike. A bike built around a german WW2 era 9 cylinder radial engine. Last I heard they were trying to fab a custom transmission for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNndKYvwYck&t=390s

:stare:

Hydraulic transmission, front wheel drive. Well then.

Still no videos of it actually moving under its own power though. I imagine the torque steer must be absurd. Also that subframe looks like it's going to snap clean off at soon as someone sits on it.

AncientTV
Jun 1, 2006

for sale custom bike over a billion invested

College Slice
Holy gently caress, this is the most villainous looking/sounding bike I've seen yet.

AncientTV fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 15, 2013

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I don't get why he didn't just have it a rear engined rear wheel drive bike. Too many power wheelies maybe? Or too little?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Because the power is transmitted out of the front of the engine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Ran our sidecar the first time on Monday. Narrowly missed a LeMons race. If I'd known it was there I might have come down earlier to check it out.

Stayed up til 1am making our bikes tech inspectable. loving freezing the whole time. I don't like camping but camping inside a racetrack is p cool.

The stable. Two racebikes and the best moped ever made.

Brand new dustbin fairing with custom made hella pro NACA ducts.

And here we have the brand new dustbin fairing with week old paint after the practice runs.

Blew turn 10, downhill fairly fast right hander, swiped a tire wall and both of us got thrown off the bike. I got a ride in an ambulance but the end result was just minor bruises for both of us. We weren't going that fast when we hit, I think.

But it ran fine without the front fairing so we raced anyway.

Apparently at some point there was a crash in another race whereafter a spectator jumped the fence and ran out on the track. I didn't see it, but the track crew freaked the gently caress out and the race organizers freaked the gently caress out and called a surprise riders meeting and yelled at everyone.

One crappy unzoomed pic of the sexiest turn. Hairpin right hand. It's actually one of the easiest turns to do, as far as I can tell, because you get a long straight and plenty of time to set up for it as you're coming into it.

Then on the way back home riding in the van, every time we did a right turn I kept thinking "oh poo poo we're going to flip over because I'm not leaned out enough."

I know you'll all be surprised to hear that none of our welds :supaburn: cracked the entire time. One guy cracked his frontend in like 4 places. Re-welded it between races and then he won. He does that about every time, I hear. Blows an engine, replaces pistons and jugs, and wins an hour later.