Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Reiley posted:

If you're having a hard time building momentum you can get a fast-reloading Jakobs shotgun and farm up about 100 stacks of Anarchy off the target practice guy in Marcus's place and then use those 100 stacks to go wild like before. It's a little boring but it's an option.

I'm really just dying to reach 61 because I have some really nice shock gear waiting for me and I'll respec to a shock mechro. Until then it's a total slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Father Wendigo posted:

So is there a set time when we all hop on for KRIEG-geddon tomorrow, or is it a come as you will affair?

I have dayjob biz so I'll be on around 1700 cdt. I'll start at the beginning so anyone that sees me pop online is more than welcome to join me. I'll slog through from the beginning until "whatever."

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
"Oh hell yeah! A tonguska dropped!" *level 59* :negative:

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

IF ONE MORE GUY loving BUMPS INTO ME WHEN I TRY TO OPEN SOMETHING OR PICK SOMETHING UP SO I ACCIDENTALLY RELOAD AND LOOSE ALL MY STACKS :ssj:
Always have a Sledge's Shotgun or the Orphan maker if you're going high anarchy. They only have one shot so you can't accidentally reload.

Also Krieg is out motherfuckers! On 360 anyway

I'm playing around with him now, but I'm down for starting a new character for the Krieg-some. GT is FREE SHRUGS and I'll be on pretty much all day.

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 14, 2013

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I'll be on Xbox to Krieg it up after 12. My gt is Rudoku

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
I'm taking a bit of a break, but I've already got my Krieg up to level 4, with the XP bar about half-full. Soon, the rampage will begin! :black101:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Not out yet on PS3... but apparently Psycho class mods are already dropping because I've got one! Looks like a buzz saw. "Team Kill Skill duration +66%." Handy!

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

Speedboat Jones posted:

You lucky bastards who can actually get enough anarchy stacks to actually worry about losing them. :negative: I haven't been above 150 anarchy since starting UVHM.

Sound like you need an Orphan Maker. Who cares that I can 3 shot myself at full Anarchy stacks with that shotgun! It also helps to keep my nova shield going indefinitely. Also, get discord.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Speedball posted:

Not out yet on PS3... but apparently Psycho class mods are already dropping because I've got one! Looks like a buzz saw. "Team Kill Skill duration +66%." Handy!

They were available weeks ago in that huge patch that came out. I already have some stocked up waiting for him to go up on PS3 tonight. :black101:

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I am so bad at aiming the thrown buzz axe, although it matters little when I'm mowing them down close range instead.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
After giving it some thought, I've decided to revise my earlier planned build:

(I mainly changed it just so I could rampage longer.)

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Good job I'm going Hellborn :D

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Are the slot machines a good investment? How much money can I expect to dump into one before I see a decent gun?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Are the slot machines a good investment? How much money can I expect to dump into one before I see a decent gun?
If you're expecting average guns for your current level, then it's pretty good. About what you'd find in a vendor, maybe a little better. If you're expecting blues, purples and oranges then don't even bother. It's like winning the lottery.

Honestly I'm just farming Eridium while the price is still low. I'm fairly certain that's the first orange I've seen in a slot machine too.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Kifisonfire posted:

If you're expecting average guns for your current level, then it's pretty good. About what you'd find in a vendor, maybe a little better. If you're expecting blues, purples and oranges then don't even bother. It's like winning the lottery.

Honestly I'm just farming Eridium while the price is still low. I'm fairly certain that's the first orange I've seen in a slot machine too.

It's because you got three vault symbols. The odds of hitting that is like 1:5461 or something, from someone who decided to crunch a ton of data.

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Slot_Machine

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Moxxi_Slot_Machines_Odds_Probabilities_Statistics

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah that's the graph I've seen before. Funnily enough I got trip Eridium twice earlier.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Across 5 characters I've gotten 2 blue weapons and 1 purple from slot machines.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So do you get Bloodlust stacks on kills or on damaging enemies?

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Hambonius 0mega (the "0" is a zero)

Downloading Krieg for xbox and looking for goons to play with for an all natural, bareback Krieg train woo woo

I ended playing with a friend(?) of mechwarriors and he had his game set to public...gently caress pubbies. Why join a true vaulter game as a 61 run through a mission grabbing all chests and quit? When goons ruin peoples games they loving put effort into it.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I still play the slot machines all the time, it's not like you don't get a lot more money than you need in this game. It might be different at max level but i'm only like level 20.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Speedball posted:

I don't seem to be getting any for either of those things.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

I don't seem to be getting any for either of those things.

I managed to get up to 60 during the assassins mission.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

smashpro1 posted:

I managed to get up to 60 during the assassins mission.

It just wasn't going up for me at all, had it for about 2 hours and I didn't see the buff symbol come up once. Weird.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

It just wasn't going up for me at all, had it for about 2 hours and I didn't see the buff symbol come up once. Weird.

It seems that without taking the Boiling Blood skill, you lose the stacks just as quickly as you gain them.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Speedball posted:

It seems that currently looking at the BL2 forums there is a bug where people aren't getting stacks at all.

So best to avoid a whole skill tree till there is any word on it.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.
Krieg is now available on PS3 for NA.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Hooooly poo poo. Me, JonDarkside, and Hamb0ne ran a Krieg-Krew through from the start. Five minutes in and Knuckle-Dragger drops a loving Hornet.

I didn't even think that's possible.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Haha, wow, even with a piddly fire pistol you can do a lot of damage with the Hellborn tree. Krieg is great.

Norville Rogers
Oct 17, 2004
Like, zoinks!
Starting fresh with kreig, GT banuaba. Lets have some fun if you want.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

My favorite Krieg head, so far: DOUBLE SUPLEX TIME! It gives him a loving luchador mask!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Oh boy another interminable five round area fight. BUT this one is a 15 minute walk from the teleporter! What awesome design!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Oh boy another interminable five round area fight. BUT this one is a 15 minute walk from the teleporter! What awesome design!

Ore Chasm?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
My Krieg is off to a great start with a kerblaster and bonus package that actually dropped for once.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

delpheye posted:

Ore Chasm?
The one in the animal preserve. Good to know I have more to look forward to!

I was actually doing pretty good at it for a little bit until an ultimate badass guy showed up and killed me four times in a row in one hit.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

The one in the animal preserve. Good to know I have more to look forward to!

I was actually doing pretty good at it for a little bit until an ultimate badass guy showed up and killed me four times in a row in one hit.

You don't actually have to do the arenas while you're levelling, it's totally optional content.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Reiley posted:

You don't actually have to do the arenas while you're levelling, it's totally optional content.
I know but what if it has a really cool gun at the end! And think of all the xp I'm missing!

This is why I'm 5 levels above the story stuff right now.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Huh, I've died a bunch but don't seem to be dropping the grenade as advertised. Unless the explosion is so small I'm not seeing it.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Speedball posted:

Huh, I've died a bunch but don't seem to be dropping the grenade as advertised. Unless the explosion is so small I'm not seeing it.

Depends what what grenade mod you have equipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I know but what if it has a really cool gun at the end! And think of all the xp I'm missing!

This is why I'm 5 levels above the story stuff right now.

If you do it at level 25 then the gun will be stuck at level 25 and when you hit level 50 it'll be long-since useless! This is why lots of people try to play as little of the TVHM sidequests as possible, so they can save all the mission guns for the level cap.

• Locked thread