Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

SaxMaverick posted:

They first talk about cocaine in ep 34. I don't remember when it is, but I'm excited for that episode.

I wonder if you can find a can or two online
It's called something else now, can't remember what though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

TACD posted:

It's called something else now, can't remember what though.

I can understand why

quote:

Cocaine was pulled from U.S. shelves as a result of theFDA's decision that Cocaine "was illegally marketing the drink as both a street drug alternative and a dietary supplement".[1] Redux Beverages began working on a new name for the product immediately. At the end of May, 2007, the Redux team decided to change the name to "No Name:" energy drink, with the new can label. On 17 June 2007, the drink was redistributed in the U.S. under the new labeling.

The drink is available online and in local beverage stores around the U.S. The beverage is also available in Europe, where it has always been sold as Cocaine Energy Drink rather than "No Name" (as it was briefly sold in the U.S). According to Cocaine's official website, the drink is now being sold in three varieties: one being Original, one being "Cut" (which lacks the purported "throat-burning" sensation of Original), and one being "Free", which contains no sugar. However, on July 9, 2008 Redux Beverages received a FDA Warning Letter indicating that they had objection to the fonts that Redux licensed for the front of their product Cocaine Energy Supplement. The fonts in question have been removed from production and will be replaced with new fonts. In addition to the fonts, they have also removed the term Cut from the mild version of the supplement and have replaced it with a blue can. They also have another flavor called Spicy (which comes in a Red Can)

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

WARNING: Temporal rift detected!
Man it seems the war on energy drink marketing and labels is tougher than the war on drugs.

SullivanPRIME
Mar 17, 2009

dvorak posted:

Man it seems the war on energy drink marketing and labels is tougher than the war on drugs.

Certainly more effective, it's probably easier to get actual cocaine than it is the drink.

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

I had a can of cocaine when they were new. It tasted like cough syrup and peppers.

There was a drip, and it did burn.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Professor Latency posted:

I had a can of cocaine when they were new. It tasted like cough syrup and peppers.

There was a drip, and it did burn.

Did you like it?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

No. That was at the peak of my energy drink drinking, and cocaine is probably the worst I've ever had.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Worst I've ever had was Spike, which I think they actually mentioned once in the early goings. That poo poo was fuuucked. In flavor and active ingredients. Two of those in a day and I thought I was going to have issues.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A cursory search of eBay shows there are plenty of cans of Cocaine available on the market, if you are looking to gently caress with a 5 year old energy drink.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Jah-Jah is running late this week, again.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
My brain is scrambled from listening to both recent episodes and working my way up from 06 so I have no idea when this was.

I think it's a hilarious observation that in 10-20 years time, tats are going to be the complete opposite of what they once were.

It's going to be fascinating seeing how teenagers view them.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Jippa posted:

My brain is scrambled from listening to both recent episodes and working my way up from 06 so I have no idea when this was.

I think it's a hilarious observation that in 10-20 years time, tats are going to be the complete opposite of what they once were.

It's going to be fascinating seeing how teenagers view them.

That everyone will have them?

I'm cool with that as long as is tats of Seth, Jah and UYD :911:

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Boatswain posted:

That everyone will have them?

I'm cool with that as long as is tats of Seth, Jah and UYD :911:

That UYD Boat Anchor is kind of awesome.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

dvorak posted:

Or the skulls on the merch they posted on Facebook!

gently caress now I want a UYD-tattoo.

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

dvorak posted:

I am considering the multicolored Escher triangle that they use as a logo

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Speaking of UYD graphics, they put up a shot on their Facebook page of some UYD shirts that'll be available in Denver-

Jealous.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

I am considering the multicolored Escher triangle that they use as a logo

Yeah, I really like that logo, and have had that as an idea in the back of my mind for a while, too.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares
Oh my god, episode 42, Jonathan's story about his commercial casting call.

"That wouldn't be cool with me, I'm Muslim"

Brinstar Brew
Aug 8, 2007

Who's the guy in the Victorian diving apparatus?

C-Euro posted:

Speaking of UYD graphics, they put up a shot on their Facebook page of some UYD shirts that'll be available in Denver-

Jealous.

These are cool, but I'd have to get a yellow marker and colour in Jah's tooth

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm gonna order one of those shirts by writing down my shirt size on a napkin, stapling a check onto it, and throwing it in the trash. I'll probably get it around the same time as any order on the website.

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

SaxMaverick posted:

Oh my god, episode 42, Jonathan's story about his commercial casting call.

"That wouldn't be cool with me, I'm Muslim"

42 is one of my favorites. I also liked Jonathan telling us about his hate of Christmas music.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

278 is an all time classic. It's got Seth comparing Transformers 3 to Harold Lloyd, and the pilot who killed old mom, new mom, and sister, while sparing his son and himself in two separate plane crashes.

HEY DAD! YOU'RE A WICKED BAD PILOT!

edit: corrected episode number, actually 278

dvorak fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 15, 2013

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

dvorak posted:

HEY DAD! YOU'RE A WICKED BAD PILOT!

Thanks for the ep num. That is probably my favorite UYD moment of all time.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
You're in luck, it's on Youtube.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 15, 2013

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home
What episode is it when Jonathan talked about his grandparent in the adult care home and then Seth rants about raping olds?

I'm also looking for the choons episode.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Can you please not rape my grandmother?

Also, (different) episode 176, Seth compares a bird crashing an airborne plane to a Roomba running into a Transformer and destroying it.

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

A lot of pentagrams up in this satanic hospital. Whats up with that?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

crimedog posted:

Also, (different) episode 176, Seth compares a bird crashing an airborne plane to a Roomba running into a Transformer and destroying it.

We're a bird! WE'RE THE BIGGEST BIRD!!!

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
My bird's got TV in it!

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Well, the podcast is 3 days late and the site is down. Looks like things are back to normal.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Are the servers down? I can't seem to get any back episodes?

dvorak
Sep 11, 2003

Jah is on top of the hosting and message service fees much like he is on top of merch.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Jah spotted in NYC saying "gently caress UYD". RIP :(

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Site is working for me, no new ep though.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah thanks, it seems to be up again.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

For me, this was the moment UYD went from just another funny podcast I listen to, to BEST. PODCAST. EVER.

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

Brock Samson posted:

We're a bird! WE'RE THE BIGGEST BIRD!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3MSlLhBunQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

These two segments are possibly my all-time favourites in UYD. This is the link I'm going to use to introduce people to UYD.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Shockingly, this is not Jonahtan Lee Riches.

http://gawker.com/federal-prison-in...dium=socialflow

Sock The Great fucked around with this message at 18:23 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Doug, the map guy.