Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SeventhSeven posted:

Did I mention my story of seeing Marc live? Huge fan at the time. Brought my lovely lady -- Marc walks in before the show and is doing the rounds -- so pumped to meet my hero!

He sees my GF and just transforms into the most creepy predator-looking dude, ignoring me and just not even blinking while giving her elevator eyes. She's immediately like, "so THAT's the guy we came to see?" It was so unfiltered and frankly, disrespectful.

Granted, she is hot... and I obviously understand he's an unhinged dude (and yeah, maybe the coke may have cased some permanent damage to his subtlety circuits) -- nevertheless: seeing him live up close as such a raw exposed nerve of a human just killed my fandom.

Now hearing him STILL being neurotic while getting some major success just makes it all the more unbearable for me. Frankly, I'm glad to hear he is insecure about his GFs fascination with the guys from Uhh Yeah Dude, and hope Jonathan and Marc's GF have a nice looooooong hug in front of Marc. ;)

Haha, this is the second time something like this has been posted here and a friend of mine recently saw the guy and said he was making creep-eyes at her repeatedly too. How recently did you see him?

He's authentic at least, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Listening to the live show. This John Nash guy really wishes he were Eddie Pepitone.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Modern Leper posted:

Listening to the live show. This John Nash guy really wishes he were Eddie Pepitone.

Jason Nash. Dude has been around for almost two decades.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I can't listen to the live shows anymore. Too much blatant pandering to the audience.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
The former Real World cast member (!) was actually hilarious. Marc kept her on for awhile, cause she had to leave right after get segment. I stopped listening at JASON Nash. However long he's been around, he's filling the Pepitone role (or at least opened in that vein), and I decided I wasn't interested.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

The Modern Leper posted:

The former Real World cast member (!) was actually hilarious. Marc kept her on for awhile, cause she had to leave right after get segment. I stopped listening at JASON Nash. However long he's been around, he's filling the Pepitone role (or at least opened in that vein), and I decided I wasn't interested.

Christina Pazsitzky. Check out her podcast Your Moms House (if you enjoy laughing, that is) hosted along with her comedian husband Tom Segura.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Could someone who's better at Twitter parse out the current Marc Maron meltdown? Looks like he and Patton Oswalt are mixing it up. Could be a bit, but there's a whole lot of "overrated" and not a whole lot of funny going on.

EDIT: I'm a full-on jackass. And not good at Twitter.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
I haven't read all of it, but I assumed they were messing around.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Yeah, it's clearly a joke and 100% hilarious.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah he started it by saying he was bored and wanted to fight, followed by gently caress yous to Patton and Dave Anthony. They all go at each other all the time.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
I think my favorite exchange was:
Marc: When are we going to here [sic] some more baby material? Good stuff.
Patton: Right after you crowbar "existential" into a tirade about cat poop.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

pork minstral posted:

I think my favorite exchange was:
Marc: When are we going to here [sic] some more baby material? Good stuff.
Patton: Right after you crowbar "existential" into a tirade about cat poop.

That's loving awesome. Comedians fighting is the absolute best. The Zach Galifianakis and Patton (presumably from when Comedians of Comedy were touring) fake-fight was absolutely hilarious as well.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Apoplexy posted:

That's loving awesome. Comedians fighting is the absolute best. The Zach Galifianakis and Patton (presumably from when Comedians of Comedy were touring) fake-fight was absolutely hilarious as well.

For the record, in case anyone wants to seek it out its called "Patton vs. Alcohol vs. Zach vs. Patton", and I think it was released on CD but I think is a little pricey now (its ~30min in length)

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Marc has talked about Jessica wanting a kid for a while now. But on today's Sklarbro County, he more or less confirmed they're really doing it.

pray 4 baby maron

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Well, you know what she'd say: "If you don't, I'll start loving people you know and have them do it."

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Simpsons writer and developer Sam Simon is the guest for Thursday's show. Unfortunately, it appears he's being interviewed because he's dying. Should be a great episode nonetheless.

http://www.digitalspy.com/celebrity/s195/the-simpsons/news/a466968/the-simpsons-co-creator-sam-simon-diagnosed-with-terminal-cancer.html

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Listening to the Alison Brie episode right now. This is probably ill timed in the wake of people pointing out Marc's creepiness towards attractive women, but I could loving listen to Alison talk about anything, Christ, she is hot. Her voice is absolutely feminine without sounding like a little girl and you can tell she knows exactly how attractive she is, and the easy going confidence she gives off is intoxicating. The fact that she backs this up by being friendly, interesting, and funny just cements her well deserved place in the nerd pantheon of dream girls.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Apoplexy posted:

Well, you know what she'd say: "If you don't, I'll start loving people you know and have them do it."
Seriously, the whole "I'll gently caress people you know" thing was where I really went uh-oh on this relationship. There's no amount of context that could convince me that came out of a healthy relationship.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

pork minstral posted:

Seriously, the whole "I'll gently caress people you know" thing was where I really went uh-oh on this relationship. There's no amount of context that could convince me that came out of a healthy relationship.

Do you mind elaborating on this? I haven't heard about it.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

tnimark posted:

Do you mind elaborating on this? I haven't heard about it.

The story of how Marc met Jessica is hilarious. She was a fan and emailed him out of the blue to say something like, "Hey, when you're near (where she lived), lemme know and we'll get together and have a fuckfest." And then that happened and she immediately, 'unrelatedly' moved out to LA where he lived and he told her to stay away, not become a stalker and gently caress his life up, et cetera. She then proceeded to text him 150 times begging him to gently caress her again followed by a pussy picture. And from that a relationship bloomed. Her telling him that if he cheated on her or did anything else out of line, she'd gently caress people he knew came later.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Apoplexy posted:

The story of how Marc met Jessica is hilarious. She was a fan and emailed him out of the blue to say something like, "Hey, when you're near (where she lived), lemme know and we'll get together and have a fuckfest." And then that happened and she immediately, 'unrelatedly' moved out to LA where he lived and he told her to stay away, not become a stalker and gently caress his life up, et cetera. She then proceeded to text him 150 times begging him to gently caress her again followed by a pussy picture. And from that a relationship bloomed. Her telling him that if he cheated on her or did anything else out of line, she'd gently caress people he knew came later.

:stare:

No no, he's playing it up for the show... right? Right?

God drat. Either Marc is doing some emotional kayfabe or he's too honest. Either way, it's sure compelling.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

urk the quack posted:

:stare:

No no, he's playing it up for the show... right? Right?

God drat. Either Marc is doing some emotional kayfabe or he's too honest. Either way, it's sure compelling.

on his appearance on Pete Holmes' show, Marc did a lot of backpedaling on that story and said that there was stuff that he had said that ended up not being true or exaggerated. That could be true or it could simply be that he realized how loving insane he sounded before.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
At what point of listening to Marc Maron talk about his life would you be like, "Yeah, this guy is probably in a stable, normal relationship."

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I remember him telling the story of the text messages on Conan a few years ago.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I have faith in them. From what I understand she's a child therapist so that's a good fit at least.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I feel bad for those kids, then.

almost
Sep 2, 2012

almost fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Dec 15, 2013

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

almost posted:

People in this thread keep saying this but the phrase Marc uses is "works with autistic kids" which says to me that, at best, she has a masters in education and babysits the retards in public school while the normal kids go to calculus or something. If she was a therapist he would just say so, it sounds much better.

"Autistic kids" sounds much better than "retards."

almost
Sep 2, 2012

almost fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Dec 15, 2013

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

almost posted:

Sorry, I didn't realize that's what you prefer to be called, autistic kid.

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

He's a retard.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void

Dan Didio posted:

At what point of listening to Marc Maron talk about his life would you be like, "Yeah, this guy is probably in a stable, normal relationship."
Touché.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

almost posted:

Sorry, I didn't realize that's what you prefer to be called, autistic kid.

This post is edgy and in my face.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Drunkboxer posted:

He's a retard.

Uhh, excuse me,

Thought the Gillian Jacobs episode was cool and am pretty stoked to dig into the Alison Brie one.

Also thought Maron's interview with the UYD guys was really awesome. Maybe not so great for people who don't listen to their show, but it kind of sounded like it was gearing up to be a bit of a wreck but they totally clicked.

Old Janx Spirit
Jun 26, 2010

an ode to the artisans of
luxury, a willed madness,
a fabulous dinosaur...
I just listened to the Sam Simon episode and thought it was excellent, one of the better ones recently.

No one's talked about his book much yet. I've refrained because I didn't want to be too negative, but I read half of it and then stopped. It's funny and entertaining, but I'm pretty disappointed. I really wish he had written a memoir of a life in comedy and a meditation on the art of being funny, something more in line with Steve Martin's Born Standing Up. Instead, it's a bunch of humiliating stories with no narrative to hold it together. I realize that to people unfamiliar with WTF it may be more interesting, but I think he's taken the self confessional thing too much to heart. He mentioned at one point that he had written the book as a series of distinct scenes because it was easier, and I think it shows.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Is the search function on the App broken, I tried searching for an old episode and it only searches what is currently on the screen, I did get a premium subscription if that helps to troubleshoot the problem.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Flaggy posted:

Is the search function on the App broken, I tried searching for an old episode and it only searches what is currently on the screen, I did get a premium subscription if that helps to troubleshoot the problem.

Nah, you have to scroll and then search. The app is totally lame, and it crashes on newer phones.

e: mark should not have kids. At least not one on such an insane time table.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 01:12 on May 21, 2013

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Old Janx Spirit posted:

I just listened to the Sam Simon episode and thought it was excellent, one of the better ones recently.

No one's talked about his book much yet. I've refrained because I didn't want to be too negative, but I read half of it and then stopped. It's funny and entertaining, but I'm pretty disappointed. I really wish he had written a memoir of a life in comedy and a meditation on the art of being funny, something more in line with Steve Martin's Born Standing Up. Instead, it's a bunch of humiliating stories with no narrative to hold it together. I realize that to people unfamiliar with WTF it may be more interesting, but I think he's taken the self confessional thing too much to heart. He mentioned at one point that he had written the book as a series of distinct scenes because it was easier, and I think it shows.

Agreed about the Sam Simon episode.

Also agree about the book. Maybe it's because I'm a big fan, but I already knew a good chunk of these stories from WTF intros, weekly email newsletters, TV appearances, etc., so it felt like a collection of old stuff rather than a new book. I enjoyed it well enough but I wasn't blown away.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
http://www.laughspin.com/2013/05/21/read-marc-maron-and-michael-ian-black-blast-each-other-on-twitter/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

I could listen to Michael Ian Black and Marc Maron go back and fourth a lot longer than I should probably admit to.

• Locked thread