Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet

BiggerBoat posted:

Is Ariel Castro a liberal yet? He will be soon. Jody Arias too.

I found it pretty pethetic watching the poeple outside the courthouse on TV chanting, "USA! USA! USA!" after her verdict came in. I mean seriously? Everytime a murderer gets a guilty verdict now we're just going to start chanting poo poo like that? I really don't see the connection, then again this is the same state that Joe Arpaio lives in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

BiggerBoat posted:

Is Ariel Castro a liberal yet? He will be soon. Jody Arias too.

Source: teapartycommunity.com, home of Patriots

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Zuhzuhzombie!! posted:

... Do what now?

He came from a devout Mormon family but was happy to drink, smoke weed and have wild sex with her; but when he decided that he needed a serious relationship he broke up with her because her willingness to do those things proved she wasn't good enough for him.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Naga Warlord posted:

Source: teapartycommunity.com, home of Patriots

I am sure his voting democratic had everything to do with being a psychopath.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Flaggy posted:

I am sure his voting democratic had everything to do with being a psychopath.

Don't you dare try to link the Republican party to the actions that any of it's registered members do. Now watch as we'll do exactly that to the Democrat party and blame the kidnappings on the president. Don't question that at all.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Hasters posted:

He came from a devout Mormon family but was happy to drink, smoke weed and have wild sex with her; but when he decided that he needed a serious relationship he broke up with her because her willingness to do those things proved she wasn't good enough for him.

But I guess he "deserved what he got", right?

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Parachute posted:

But I guess he "deserved what he got", right?

No, but it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who uses people like that.

AircraftNoise
May 9, 2008

Hasters posted:

No, but it's hard to feel sympathy for someone who uses people like that.

I hope I'm misunderstanding you, or not getting a joke.

AircraftNoise fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 15, 2013

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp

AircraftNoise posted:

I hope I'm misunderstanding you, or not getting a joke.

It's okay if bad things happen to people who have unapproved opinions.

See also: the Tea Party IRS fiasco.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kalos posted:

It's okay if bad things happen to people who have unapproved opinions.

See also: the Tea Party IRS fiasco.

No, it's not ok, but it's not exactly a tragedy either. It would be as if one of the Koch brothers was killed while out on his yacht; I wouldn't be happy about it, but I wouldn't be too mournful either.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Hasters posted:

No, it's not ok, but it's not exactly a tragedy either. It would be as if one of the Koch brothers was killed while out on his yacht; I wouldn't be happy about it, but I wouldn't be too mournful either.

Stop posting, you are terrible. Thanks.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx
^^That's actually hosed up. Dude didn't do anything to deserve getting murdered and you should seriously re-examine your thought processes that led you to express public sympathy with his murderer.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
You nerds shut-up about that CNN-famous idiot and post about right-wing media idiots.

This story from Breibart has all of the conservative Star Trek nerds (how the gently caress does that even work?) on my FB feeling faint:

quote:

'STAR TREK' ACTOR: SEQUEL CRITIQUES BUSH/CHENEY FOREIGN POLICY

Benedict Cumberbatch, the British actor who plays the mysterious villain in Star Trek Into Darkness, told BBC America that the new film's futuristic setting didn't stop it from reflecting on recent global events.
In the film there’s a debate among Starfleet personnel over how best to extract an enemy in a distant part of the galaxy — and whether that enemy should be subjected to due process.

The British actor says: “It’s no spoiler I think to say that there’s a huge backbone in this film that’s a comment on recent U.S. interventionist overseas policy from the Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld era.” This critic has yet to screen the film.

Most of the critiques are along the lines of: "I don't want social commentary in my Star Trek!" and "That war is over! Why are they criticizing Bush when that war is already over!!!"

Has this popped up anywhere else?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I'm trying to think of a star trek episode without any kind of social commentary. I'm sure there's a few but the only one I can think of is the comedy episode of DS9 where Quark has to negotiate with the dominion for his mom and he gathers a team of crack ferengi dudes for some reason.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

You nerds shut-up about that CNN-famous idiot and post about right-wing media idiots.

This story from Breibart has all of the conservative Star Trek nerds (how the gently caress does that even work?) on my FB feeling faint:

Most of the critiques are along the lines of: "I don't want social commentary in my Star Trek!" and "That war is over! Why are they criticizing Bush when that war is already over!!!"

Has this popped up anywhere else?

These were the people that would have gotten incredibly angry when William Shatner and Nichelle Nichols performed the first inter-racial kiss on television.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

"social commentary in my Star Trek!"

Well, uhhhhh, hrm. I think I have some bad news for your friends about their favorite tv show.

agarjogger
May 16, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

Well, uhhhhh, hrm. I think I have some bad news for your friends about their favorite tv show.

Admitting you're a right-winger who loves Star Trek is admitting you're the thickest-headed motherfucker around. Their paranoia of Hollywood liberal propaganda could not possibly coexist with TNG's bluntly progressive messaging, unless they had suffered some sort of brain injury.

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet

agarjogger posted:

Admitting you're a right-winger who loves Star Trek is admitting you're the thickest-headed motherfucker around. Their paranoia of Hollywood liberal propaganda could not possibly coexist with TNG's bluntly progressive messaging, unless they had suffered some sort of brain injury.

Yeah, conservatives really should watch the Shatner/Limbaugh interview.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
So how do you think the Fair and Balanced media machine will react to the release of all the Benghazi emails?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

OAquinas posted:

So how do you think the Fair and Balanced media machine will react to the release of all the Benghazi emails?
Probably like Jason Chaffetz, who said no less than five minutes after the release that it was not enough, and that the only thing that would satisfy him was the unconditional release of all 25,000 documents related to Benghazi.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Okay I'm just going to post this here because I almost had a stroke watching what just happened on CNN: they interrupted their coverage of the president's statement on the IRS because there was breaking news in the Jodi Arias trial.

The Angry Bum
Nov 10, 2005

Crazy Ted posted:

Okay I'm just going to post this here because I almost had a stroke watching what just happened on CNN: they interrupted their coverage of the president's statement on the IRS because there was breaking news in the Jodi Arias trial.

"where was Obama during the whole IRS scandal, WHY HASN'T HE SAID ANYTHING YET!!??"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Hasters posted:

Speaking of Jody Arias, as much as I hate to say it Travis Alexander kind of had it coming. When you dump a long term girlfriend because she's willing to have sex with you, which proves she's a slut who's not good enough to be in a "real" relationship with you; I don't feel any sympathy for what happens to you.

Good to know. Getting stabbed to death because you're in a bad relationship = justice. If my wife and I hit the skids, instead of leaving or getting divorced, I'll just stab her 25 times. What are your feelings on Nicole Brown Simpson? I heard she was driving OJ's Ferrari and loving some other dude.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 15, 2013

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Crazy Ted posted:

CNN has been a special brand of high grade, uncut crap for the last several years - you should know that already though, Mr. Turner. I keep thinking they can't possibly get any worse, but goddamn. I'll bet the upcoming Zimmerman trial is going to really knock the bottom out of the basement.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Spun Dog posted:

CNN has been a special brand of high grade, uncut crap for the last several years - you should know that already though, Mr. Turner. I keep thinking they can't possibly get any worse, but goddamn. I'll bet the upcoming Zimmerman trial is going to really knock the bottom out of the basement.
The best that could possibly happen to CNN is the man in my avatar buying back all of CNN for himself. Instead it's part of a publicly traded company so they constantly worry about RATINGZ!!!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Crazy Ted posted:

:wow: indeed.

Crazy Ted posted:

The best that could possibly happen to CNN is the man in my avatar buying back all of CNN for himself. Instead it's part of a publicly traded company so they constantly worry about RATINGZ!!!

Turner should take it back and go non-profit. Challenge PBS, or something.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Devour posted:

I found it pretty pethetic watching the poeple outside the courthouse on TV chanting, "USA! USA! USA!" after her verdict came in. I mean seriously? Everytime a murderer gets a guilty verdict now we're just going to start chanting poo poo like that? I really don't see the connection, then again this is the same state that Joe Arpaio lives in.

I don't know. Chanting "USA!" when our justice system works beats most of the reasons why we usually chant it.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Hasters posted:

I would take the day off work to drink and post if a Koch brother got murdered.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Crazy Ted posted:

Considering they're continuing to hemorrhage ratings, they're also not any good at that. Crap that people watch is one thing, but crap that people avoid because its crap, and it becomes more crap?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

PeterWeller posted:

I don't know. Chanting "USA!" when our justice system works beats most of the reasons why we usually chant it.

Hulk Hogan was losing and needed our help, what are you some sort of traitor?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

What if the Koch Bros. bought CNN?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hulk Hogan was losing and needed our help, what are you some sort of traitor?

I said most of the reasons.

Nonsense posted:

What if the Koch Bros. bought CNN?

At least there would be some direction to what they're doing.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Spun Dog posted:

Cue Nancy Grace 24/7. Go drat, I loath that loving parasite.

Crazy Ted posted:

And there you go.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

BiggerBoat posted:

My wife has been hooked on that stupid trial, but even she can't tolerate Nancy Grace. Try pausing the DVR anytime she is on screen, you will see the face of evil staring back at you, hoping you get murdered so she can milk some sweet ratings from your suffering.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

BiggerBoat posted:

I doubt she'll be on all the time considering that it was a black kid that was murdered.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Phone posted:

I doubt she'll be on all the time considering that it was a black kid that was murdered.

I don't know, Nancy Grace doesn't seem racist- a terrible person who doesn't know the meaning of "innocent until proven guilty" sure- but not racist. She did go pretty hard after the accused Duke University rapists.

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Let's not forget that Nancy Grace hounded one of her victims to the point of them committing suicide.

Plus she's just loving stupid.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde
And don't forget her and Elizabeth Smart!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x8ARIxg51I

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Fulchrum posted:

Considering they're continuing to hemorrhage ratings, they're also not any good at that. Crap that people watch is one thing, but crap that people avoid because its crap, and it becomes more crap?
The great thing is this: whenever there is significant breaking news (especially in the case of the election of Pope Francis) CNN's coverage almost always wins the ratings.

For about the last ten years, CNN executives have looked at this data, compared it with their normal ratings (in which they are sometimes third amongst 24/7 news networks), and thought "I don't understand what is going on :iiam:". Then, they decide that their opinion-based news isn't hitting the right audience and shuffle the lineup around and replaced their lowly-rated opinion-based news shows with more opinion-based news shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Hey, y'all remember how the Koch Brothers rented/bought Buzzfeed? Apparently Buzzfeed's editor-in-chief has a long history with them.