Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

:allears:

Suddenly, I'm reminded of that one short story by Junji Ito...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Aw man, I hope this keeps going. Our protagonist girl is really... really something else.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

gobbledygoat posted:

Holy crap that is a good comic. Is it being serialized then? Seems like it's been ages since chapter one came out.

Since the translator makes a point of thanking someone for providing the raws, I'm assuming obtaining raws for it is a bitch.

Edit: Guess they got multiples, as chapters 3 and 4 just went up on Batoto http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/flying-witch-r7645

Blhue fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 22, 2013

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Ryuushika 39

Are Japanese carrots more bitter than other kinds? It seems they're often the vegetable to pick on in anime/manga, as opposed to like broccoli or whatever.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Nate RFB posted:

Are Japanese carrots more bitter than other kinds?
I can't find a good source easily, but there are a number of people reporting at least hearsay that American carrots were bred to be sweeter and less bitter than, say, Japanese carrots.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

helopticor posted:

I can't find a good source easily, but there are a number of people reporting at least hearsay that American carrots were bred to be sweeter and less bitter than, say, Japanese carrots.

Of course, cooking em down to mush in a curry makes it kind of a moot point, but don't tell little kids that. :)

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mary Annette posted:

Of course, cooking em down to mush in a curry makes it kind of a moot point, but don't tell little kids that. :)

Even in curry, carrots are the devil.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Blhue posted:

Since the translator makes a point of thanking someone for providing the raws, I'm assuming obtaining raws for it is a bitch.

Edit: Guess they got multiples, as chapters 3 and 4 just went up on Batoto http://www.batoto.net/comic/_/comics/flying-witch-r7645

I love how the cat is drawn. :3: Him and Jiji should hang out some time.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Blhue posted:

And chapter 5 already.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Blhue posted:

And chapter 5 already.

I really liked this chapter, a lot more than the last two. Just seeing how the world of the ...eerie supernatural intersects with the ordinary. I want to see more stuff like that! I've always felt that stories with supernatural things like witches and the sort are much improved by having just some :wtc: :psyduck: stuff just be "there".

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Big respect to the translator for capturing the 'there-are-some-words-in-there-I-recognize-but-what-in-the-unholy-gently caress' essence of Tsugaru-ben in chapter 3.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
First a new Hinamatsuri chapter (in the Hinamatsuri thread) and now a new Seki-kun chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/tonari_no_seki_kun/c025/1.html

EDIT: Yokoi is sinking ever deeper into Seki's clutches. :ohdear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

JosephWongKS posted:

First a new Hinamatsuri chapter (in the Hinamatsuri thread) and now a new Seki-kun chapter - http://mangafox.me/manga/tonari_no_seki_kun/c025/1.html

EDIT: Yokoi is sinking ever deeper into Seki's clutches. :ohdear:

I hope this never ends :allears:

EDIT: New Sakamoto
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/168627/sakamoto-desu-ga_v1_ch5_by_cursive-scans

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 06:19 on May 1, 2013

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Sakamoto is absolutely fantastic. I hope one day it gets animated.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

What was that manga with the Soviet WWII army witch? I think it was posted here.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jigoku San posted:

What was that manga with the Soviet WWII army witch? I think it was posted here.

It wasn't here I don't think, but it's Witch Vasenka's War.

AntimatterSpork
Apr 23, 2008

Modéré, je vous prie.

Jigoku San posted:

kutsuzure sensen

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

And here's a link!

I like the art style in this one. The linework is very clear.

Jigoku San
Feb 2, 2003

Yup, that's it. Great manga, I think it fits here anyway. Its kinda daily life of soldiers + surreal witchery.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Flying Witch - http://mangafox.me/manga/flying_witch_ishizuka_chihiro/c006/1.html

Makoto's sister picks the best gifts.

EDIT: That crow was as big as Chinatsu's entire head. :stare:

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 16, 2013

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

JosephWongKS posted:

New Flying Witch - http://mangafox.me/manga/flying_witch_ishizuka_chihiro/c006/1.html

Makoto's sister picks the best gifts.

EDIT: That crow was as big as Chinatsu's entire head. :stare:

Yesss. I'm really enjoying this manga. It's so subdued yet undeniably surreal.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I like seeing some actual magic. Also, it was cool how her older sister went away with a magic circle. There wasn't any flashes of light or smoke or anything, one moment she was there, the other she was gone. I love that subdued yet undeniably magical approach- it just feels more like authentic magic.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Chapters 8-11 of our favorite manga about donut-shaped cats!

The name apparently is supposed to be "Donuts" according to Kissmanga! Donyatsu -> Do - Nyatsu -> Do-Nyats -> Donuts! Except with a "Nya" because they are cats. I can't believe I didn't realize that earlier.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is absolutely no way to make that pun work in english.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Donyatsu 013

Where poo poo really hits the fan. I thought I'd never say this in relation to this manga. Seriously, :wtc: ??

Why did he slip into some Tsutomu Nihei-ish megastructure?! Why is there a giant mecha?!

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

DrSunshine posted:

Donyatsu 013

Where poo poo really hits the fan. I thought I'd never say this in relation to this manga. Seriously, :wtc: ??

Why did he slip into some Tsutomu Nihei-ish megastructure?! Why is there a giant mecha?!

Well at least it's getting interesting! Also it took me a bit to figure out what the black one was saying. Did you come wandering in here?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Kalion posted:

Well at least it's getting interesting! Also it took me a bit to figure out what the black one was saying. Did you come wandering in here?

Oh , dude! I didn't even realize it was English! I just figured he was speaking some alien font language.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

DrSunshine posted:

Donyatsu 013

The drawings for the character designs at the end compared to the mech design. God drat.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way, what is Kumacaron supposed to be? Some weird Japanese snack?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

RatHat posted:

By the way, what is Kumacaron supposed to be? Some weird Japanese snack?

Macaroon. "Kuma" means "bear". Hence: Bearcaroon.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

DrSunshine posted:

Oh haha I thought he was a bear claw.

On a more serious note, I'm getting a huge EVA vibe from that giant robot. But I liked how, even in the middle of this sci-fi craziness, the strange dark energy-being is a cat with a doughnut-shaped body. That gets annoyed with another cat-donut when it doesn't understand him. Whatever happens, it is still going to be very silly.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
PSI Kusuo Saiki 8.5

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

DrSunshine posted:

The fact that the translator didn't go for bearscuit or something similar irrationally annoys me. I hate the fandom's strange love for literal translation.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The sheer amount of ressentiment that Kusuo Saiki has towards the world is truly awe-inspiring (and hilarious).

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Begemot posted:

I'm getting a huge EVA vibe from that giant robot.

It's probably shoulders and rockin' abs.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
More Donyatsu

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

That was a beautiful chapter. :allears:

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I really hope Mr. Pig turns out to be evil.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

New Donyatsu

With new characters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Begemot posted:

New Donyatsu

With new characters!

Ewww! :wtc:

Menchihuahua's eyes fell out like candies stuck to a cupcake! Hahahaha, that's gross, and hilarious!

• Locked thread