Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

STUBBSSSSS INNNNNN SPACEEEE!

The only reason we have any routine is because Simon is pretty consistent in when he wants to sleep. Naps are kinda all over the place because he's a cat mapper and only naps for 20-30 minutes at a time, but he's asleep by 11:30 every night and up by 6 every morning. Very rarely he'll wake up at 1 or 2 to nurse for a few minutes, but we've gotten a consistent 6 hour stretch overnight since he was about 7 weeks old. This is totally due to luck though and no effort on my part.

At this age we are just going with what he wants/needs to do. Speaking of his age, we've now graduated to the parenting thread. Time flies :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
11:30 is a crazy late bedtime, if you work on moving it earlier he might start taking longer naps (might, no guarantees). Our guy also will only take 30 minute naps but we have him asleep by 7pm and he usually sleeps until 7am-8am with one or two wakeups for diaper or feeding in that stretch. The most important thing about this is that it gives you your evenings back, though.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

Papercut posted:

11:30 is a crazy late bedtime, if you work on moving it earlier he might start taking longer naps (might, no guarantees). Our guy also will only take 30 minute naps but we have him asleep by 7pm and he usually sleeps until 7am-8am with one or two wakeups for diaper or feeding in that stretch. The most important thing about this is that it gives you your evenings back, though.

I work and don't even get to see him until 6:30-7pm, so the late bedtime actually works for us.

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.
My kid went to bed late at that age too. He would nap on and off throughout the day and evening, but official bedtime (ie the long stretch of sleep) started at 10 or 11. He slowly moved back to about 8 over time and now at 2.5, he goes down between 8:30 and 9:30, depending on how he's acting and what we're up to. No matter when his bedtime starts, he's up at 6:30am. :cry: Being able to be flexible with his bedtime has been awesome though. I have friends who are chained to the house by 6 or 7pm for bedtime and it really cramps things socially for them. Hell, it doesn't get dark here til 9pm now.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

Chickalicious posted:

My kid went to bed late at that age too. He would nap on and off throughout the day and evening, but official bedtime (ie the long stretch of sleep) started at 10 or 11. He slowly moved back to about 8 over time and now at 2.5, he goes down between 8:30 and 9:30, depending on how he's acting and what we're up to. No matter when his bedtime starts, he's up at 6:30am. :cry: Being able to be flexible with his bedtime has been awesome though. I have friends who are chained to the house by 6 or 7pm for bedtime and it really cramps things socially for them. Hell, it doesn't get dark here til 9pm now.

That's exactly how Simon is. We're lucky that he's home with dad all day so all I have to do in the morning is nurse him, then he either plays in his crib or naps with his dad.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS

Schweig und tanze posted:

I work and don't even get to see him until 6:30-7pm, so the late bedtime actually works for us.

I tried that with Chris a while too, because my husband usually got home around 7, and at some point he would just be crazy inconsolable and wail until 8:30/9 when we usually put him to bed. Started doing bedtime around 7 and everything was right as rain again, husband had to suck it up and come home earlier (he gets to set his own hours though).

Lullabee
Oct 24, 2010

Rock a bye bay-bee
In the beehive
nah.

Lullabee fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 22, 2017

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Just in case anyone finds it interesting and it's relative to the subject at hand, I thought I'd chime in with a little info. I'm studying developmental psychology at uni at the moment and we recently had a lecture on baby's sleeping patterns. Apparently, newborn babies secrete very little melatonin, which is the hormone responsible for regulating our sleeping patterns. This is why they can be wide awake in the middle of the night and sleep so soundly through the day. Breast milk expressed at night contains substantial amounts of melatonin from the mother, which will aid the baby in sleeping through the night. Melatonin production and secretion starts to increase around the 3-6 month mark, resulting in more distinct night sleeping patterns. According to my lecturer, it is thought that it could be detrimental to try and introduce a sleep routine before this point, because the baby's brain simply isn't geared up to handle it yet.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Sockmuppet posted:

Edit: Went to IKEA today and bought some stuff for the nursery. There's now a baby bath tub filled with various baby paraphernalia with a hedgehog leitmotif sitting in our living room, our due date is 8 weeks from today and I. Am. Freaking. Out. In a good way, but still. Holy crap, we're having an actual god drat baby :v:

Due date is in 6 weeks, I'm feeling the same way right now!

I have a feeling I won't make it the full six weeks, my 34 week appointment was yesterday and my Dr. examined me to check on my cerclage and said I'm about 1 cm dilated even with it in, and only have about 2cm of cervix so...I imagine once I get the cerclage out in two weeks it'll progress quickly- I could be wrong though!

Lucha Luch
Feb 25, 2007

Mr. Squeakers coming off the top rope!
Thanks for all the replies, and happy mothers day to you ameri-mams.

Greylicious, holy crap, I can't believe your baby is due so soon :3: How exciting!

sudont
May 10, 2011
this program is useful for when you don't want to do something.

Fun Shoe
Happy Mother's Day, moms to be!

Grey, you're my around the same due date buddy! (June 12 here.) I also am thinking I won't be making it till June 12. I haven't had my cervix checked lately, I assume I will on Friday when I see the midwife (I'll be 36w 2d then) and get my ultrasound to see if he's head down. Yesterday and today I've been really crampy. I guess it's Braxton Hicks, but it feels exactly like period cramps, so I'm nervous that I'll go into labor and not really know it unless my water breaks! Like, I can't time them, there's no sense of "coming and going" like a contraction would.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

sudont posted:

Grey, you're my around the same due date buddy! (June 12 here.) I also am thinking I won't be making it till June 12. I haven't had my cervix checked lately, I assume I will on Friday when I see the midwife (I'll be 36w 2d then) and get my ultrasound to see if he's head down. Yesterday and today I've been really crampy. I guess it's Braxton Hicks, but it feels exactly like period cramps, so I'm nervous that I'll go into labor and not really know it unless my water breaks! Like, I can't time them, there's no sense of "coming and going" like a contraction would.

My original due date was June 13th! But my periods are weird, so I had 8 and 12 week ultrasounds that determined through measurements my correct due date would be about June 21st.

Last Monday I woke up at 5 am with very bad period-like cramps, that would last for about 30 seconds each then go away for a short time and come right back, stayed that way for 2 hours. I was a little concerned at the time, but the day before I had been pretty busy, had company over from like 1-4pm then right after that some other friends came over for a planned cook out, and of course before the company I spent most of the morning cleaning! Glad some water and sitting up helped them go away, but my Dr. was a little concerned since obviously she nor I want me to go before my cerclage is out...Nothing scary since then. I think I just got too dehydrated from all the activity.

We do seem to have quite a few June babies coming soon! :D

Dandy Shrew posted:

Thanks for all the replies, and happy mothers day to you ameri-mams.

Greylicious, holy crap, I can't believe your baby is due so soon :3: How exciting!

I can't either. Making it to week 34 was a huge milestone and it was a very happy day for me.

I'm at the point now where I'm kind of shocked thinking about how I am going to go from very few responsibilities since my husband has been helping me with my home zoo and I haven't been working, to being responsible for a little newborn baby!
Little scared about how the transition is going to go- but still very excited knowing we'll finally get to meet him soon :3:

And yes, Happy Mothers day to all of you! :dance:

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.

bee posted:

Just in case anyone finds it interesting and it's relative to the subject at hand, I thought I'd chime in with a little info. I'm studying developmental psychology at uni at the moment and we recently had a lecture on baby's sleeping patterns. Apparently, newborn babies secrete very little melatonin, which is the hormone responsible for regulating our sleeping patterns. This is why they can be wide awake in the middle of the night and sleep so soundly through the day. Breast milk expressed at night contains substantial amounts of melatonin from the mother, which will aid the baby in sleeping through the night. Melatonin production and secretion starts to increase around the 3-6 month mark, resulting in more distinct night sleeping patterns. According to my lecturer, it is thought that it could be detrimental to try and introduce a sleep routine before this point, because the baby's brain simply isn't geared up to handle it yet.

Frequent waking at this age is GOOD! It's a protective mechanism against SIDS. http://www.llli.org/nb/nbmayjun99p68.html

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Good to know! Thanks for linking that article, it was an interesting read.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Chiming in with another June baby here. Due date is June 18, and I've gotten to the point where the discomfort of pregnancy outweighs the fear of labor and birth. And my feet look like sperm whales. At this point I'm almost positive I'll be getting more restful sleep when he is waking me up every couple of hours. I seriously look and feel like he is going to plop right out of me at any moment. I am amazed that my uterus is still holding him in. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's born in the first week of June. We've decided on the name Edwyn Ash, or Edwyn Ash Lee. The two middle names almost flow better with the last name, but I'm not sure if he'd hate us forever for giving him the middle names Ash Lee. It's a mixture of family names plus "Ash," which we just really like.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

Goobish posted:

Chiming in with another June baby here. Due date is June 18...

Hey, me too. =)

When they say you feel everything more/earlier with the second pregnancy, they aren't kidding. My cervix aches pretty often when I'm upright, and when she scrapes her little hands by it I all but double over with pain. Dear lord I'm ready to be done. Not looking forward to labor again but hopefully it will be faster this time, and not require Pictocin to get moving.

Also everything is way more loose this time around, I nudged Chris' high chair forward with my foot last week and something popped in my pelvis and my drat hips still hurt. Didn't seem to bother my passenger any.

DwemerCog
Nov 27, 2012
Hi, I'm a new mother. I just brought home my first baby (a little girl called Eve) from the hospital today and I find myself very anxious. I guess this is the baby blues.

I'm wondering how warmly I ought to clothe her when sleeping. I have a cotton Halo swaddling sleepsack which seems pretty cosy for the weather. The weather outside is about 60 degrees F. She seems warm enough, but is she too warm? I have no idea how to tell. She's not wearing any extra clothes under it.

Also, according to the stuff the hospital gave us, she should have peed and pooed three times today and she has pooed once (meconium) and not peed at all. Could she be dehydrated? The nurse at the hospital said her last wet diaper had crystals in. Yesterday she fed on the nipple almost constantly, about 17 times, for 5 to 40 minutes each, and didn't seem to want to sleep at all. Today my milk seems to be coming in, replacing the colostrum, but she doesn't seem so interested in feeding - she seems pretty sleepy.

An Cat Dubh
Jun 17, 2005
Save the drama for your llama
If she doesn't want to wake up to eat change her diaper first even if it's not dirty and undress her (either down to her onesie or everything and you could do skin to skin). If she's falling asleep while eating you can try tickling her under the chin or bottom of her feet, wiping her face with some water, blowing gently on her face, etc. We had to use all the tricks to keep my son awake long enough to eat in the first two weeks or so.

Schweig und tanze
May 22, 2007

You need to wake her to eat , particularly if she is not making wet diapers. Tickling my son's cheek or nose always worked.

For dressing, the rule of thumb is that they should have on one more layer than you yourself need to be comfortable. I don't wear clothes to sleep, and when getting my son dressed for bed (he sleeps in the same room) I put him in a onesie and a pair of pants and then put the sleepsack on him. It's about 50 degrees here at night.

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
Call your pediatrician if she isn't peeing! They're there for you! If all's fine, you'll be able to relax, and if it's urgent then you'll know for sure :)

Dittoing Schweig in how many layers. I always had my little guy in cotton gowns + socks at this age, with the sleepsack over that. You can always go to less if you notice she's sweating. Remember that she doesn't have any blankets or sheets, so she gets that little extra layer.

I know it's really hard in those first weeks when it's so new and you're recovering yourself <3 Please keep coming here! Things do get easier, and I promise you, that first night you get 3 or 4 hours of sleep in a ROW after all the newborn sleep deprivation, it feels like magic!

(edited for facebook levels of smilies)

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009
I'm eagerly taking "how to dress a tiny baby"-notes - I have no experience with newborn babies, and while I'm fairly certain I'll manage to keep her alive, I have no idea how to keep her comfortable. My mum claims to have forgotten everything having to do with newborns, so I guess we'll just figure it out as we go along. I know that they're poo poo at regulating their temperature, so I'll be paying close attention to that.

33 weeks now, you've got 3 weeks to stop being a buttbabby, little buttbabby!

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Goobish posted:

Chiming in with another June baby here. Due date is June 18, and I've gotten to the point where the discomfort of pregnancy outweighs the fear of labor and birth. And my feet look like sperm whales.

Oh god I am glad I'm not the only one. I have no more ankle bones at all, and have upgraded to 'cankles' because of all the swelling. I've been trying to drink lots of water and put my feet up when I can but nothing seems to help.

I'm definitely getting to the point where having this over with and meeting the little one who's been causing all this is out weighing labor fears too. I hope that stays with me through the whole process.

Bubble Babble
Apr 12, 2004

talk talk talk
blah blah blah
HAND ALLIGATOR
I've found that when my feet are swelling a little (it doesn't seem to be my ankles yet), going for a walk makes them look normal again. Even a few loops around the mall really helps.

Not sure that would work for you, Greycious... are you still on bed rest?

I'm at 32 weeks now, due July 9 or 11. I'm fully expecting to be late though, because I was ten days late (and then induced). If I go late, it's going to wreck my mom's vacation plans, which makes me feel a little bad, but also really amused. One of these things we have control over!!

Also, I thought the kicks were supposed to start getting weaker because babby is running out of space. That seems to be a terrible lie.

sudont
May 10, 2011

Fun Shoe
36 weeks today and, just for some perspective from the other side, I swear to God if one more person tells me "Oh my God you are SO TINY, you can't be having a baby in a month! Tee hee I hate you, I gained so much when I was pregnant!" I'm going to punch them in the cervix (because it's always a woman) and tell them they can carry all this extra weight for me, then. I weighed around 115 at 5'8 when I got pregnant and have gained like 45 lbs, which has been hell on my joints. Women seem to get really angry about it and it feels like they're trying to shame me for "trying" to stay thin (which I very much am not and my doctors/midwives have all been very comfortable with my weight) like my weight is a commentary on theirs.

I've definitely hit the "I have been pregnant forever, I'm soooo done with this" point in the past week. Oddly, I'm not yet nervous about labor and delivery. This from someone who has struggled with anxiety and panic disorder for 15 years. It's like pregnancy has been a huge chill pill for me; I'm hoping it lasts. My biggest concerns right now are what I'm going to name him, and what I'm going to do when he has math homework I need to help with. (Well, that and custody stuff as I'm not with his father and I don't know how it's all going to play out; supposedly a social worker will come talk to me at the hospital so I have some idea of how to proceed.)

The "kicking less" (or "kicking" in general) thing is something they don't think to tell you when you're pregnant. I expected little kicks and flutters, which they were up till about 24 weeks. Since then it's turned into all out internal assault, practically, and it hasn't calmed down! It's definitely more stretching/rolling movements now, rather than kicks/jabs, but holy crap, is he an active dude in that tiny space. I go for an ultrasound on Friday to make sure he's head down, because they couldn't tell last visit, though we're pretty sure he is. He's definitely turned some which way since that visit though, because we reenact Jaws a few times a day, where I can see an elbow or knee poking out of my stomach, and it looks like a shark fin.

travelsized
Feb 21, 2006

sudont posted:

36 weeks today and, just for some perspective from the other side, I swear to God if one more person tells me "Oh my God you are SO TINY, you can't be having a baby in a month! Tee hee I hate you, I gained so much when I was pregnant!" I'm going to punch them in the cervix (because it's always a woman) and tell them they can carry all this extra weight for me, then. I weighed around 115 at 5'8 when I got pregnant and have gained like 45 lbs, which has been hell on my joints. Women seem to get really angry about it and it feels like they're trying to shame me for "trying" to stay thin (which I very much am not and my doctors/midwives have all been very comfortable with my weight) like my weight is a commentary on theirs.

I understand how you feel. I have a couple of friends who keep jokingly tell me how mad they are that I didn't gain as much weight as they did when they were pregnant. But I'm a completely different person than they are, I have a different body shape and I'm not going to mimic their pregnancies exactly. And I see my OB on a monthly basis and she knows what my weight gain is, and is happy with my progress. I'm eating as healthy as I can and my little Sample Size is growing well. I don't need to gain more weight than I already am.

On the other side of things: I know I don't look like Kate Middleton, she's 10 inches taller than me.

On a happier note: I think I felt the fetal hiccups that the pregnancy book mentioned might happen! It only lasted a few minutes, but it was more regular than normal kicking. Also I've outgrown all my lab coats, which weirdly makes me happy (good thing I'm in writing mode and not bench mode right now).

Oh and did anyone else have problems with restless leg syndrome while pregnant? It's been particularly bad the last week or so.

jackpot
Aug 31, 2004

First cousin to the Black Rabbit himself. Such was Woundwort's monument...and perhaps it would not have displeased him.<

Bubble Babble posted:

Are any American spouses taking any leave?
American here, baby Oliver is six weeks old. I get 15 days vacation per year (accrued, meaning I technically start the year at zero and earn fractions of days every pay period), and I took six days off; in all with weekends I was home for about eight days. The reasoning behind not blowing it all at once was that I'd rather be able to spread out the days and do a bunch of long weekends in case we hit difficulties in the months ahead.

Funny story: After the birth I wrote to human resources and asked if the company offered any kind of paternity leave; I'd asked before, but hoped maybe things had changed in the months since. The response: "No, but you're welcome to use your sick time if you like." I get seven sick days per year; I didn't use any of them, figuring that if any one of the three of us (me, wife, baby) gets sick I'll need them then.

Twatty Seahag posted:

Goddamn America loving sucks.
It does. People say "But Europe's taxes...!" - no. gently caress that. If higher taxes are what it takes to give people more time with a newborn, then so be it, it's worth it. But it will never, ever happen here.

Here's Oliver doing his best Lawrence of Arabia / JoJo the Wolf Boy impression:

Lyz
May 22, 2007

sudont posted:

I have people tell me "you look SO GOOD" and it's like thanks, like you're going to tell me I look like poo poo! But I suppose aside from the big belly I look like a normal person, I'm up and active and moving normally, no swelling or anything thank god. Just my messed up hips and crampy cervix making me move like a little old lady if I sit down too long and stiffen up.

Bubble Babble
Apr 12, 2004

talk talk talk
blah blah blah
HAND ALLIGATOR
Yeah, I have no idea what to reply to that either. I went to a wedding with former coworkers and they kept saying, "You look so good pregnant!" What does that mean? I should be knocked up more? My husband told me I was over-thinking it, but it's such a weird compliment.

I have to assume it's because I was dressed fancier than in sweat pants.

Do you just tell those people thanks? Depending on the person and how well I know them, I've been telling them thanks or "oh, because I looked so bad before?" At least that gets a few chuckles.

UltraGrey
Feb 24, 2007

Eat a grass.
Have a barf.

Bubble Babble posted:

I've found that when my feet are swelling a little (it doesn't seem to be my ankles yet), going for a walk makes them look normal again. Even a few loops around the mall really helps.

Not sure that would work for you, Greycious... are you still on bed rest?

I'm at 32 weeks now, due July 9 or 11. I'm fully expecting to be late though, because I was ten days late (and then induced). If I go late, it's going to wreck my mom's vacation plans, which makes me feel a little bad, but also really amused. One of these things we have control over!!

Also, I thought the kicks were supposed to start getting weaker because babby is running out of space. That seems to be a terrible lie.

I'm pretty much off bed rest now, my Dr. just told me not to do anything too crazy, but normal things like going to the store, taking short walks, etc were fine.

Not sure if walking helps..although I've been wearing socks lately and I don't think the extra constriction helps, so I've been trying to at least keep them off at night (I think our last freak bit of cold weather is gone for the season, so that should be easier!)

sheri
Dec 30, 2002

35 weeks today. :) Looks like there will be a lot of June babies around these parts.

Helena Handbasket
Feb 11, 2006

travelsized posted:

Oh and did anyone else have problems with restless leg syndrome while pregnant? It's been particularly bad the last week or so.

Came over to this thread to see if anybody else was dealing with this. My feet are itchy and my quads keep spasming and bringing my knees up suddenly. Other times, my legs shake or my calves cramp. I am not a fan. The internet seems to think that exercise will help, but it's worse the more I walk. Anybody have good tips?

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

Helena Handbasket posted:

Came over to this thread to see if anybody else was dealing with this. My feet are itchy and my quads keep spasming and bringing my knees up suddenly. Other times, my legs shake or my calves cramp. I am not a fan. The internet seems to think that exercise will help, but it's worse the more I walk. Anybody have good tips?

I had a lessening of symptoms when I upped my calcium intake. I know others have had success with increasing their potassium levels.

Crazy Old Clarice
Mar 5, 2007

Lefou, I'm afraid I've been eating... you.

Fionnoula posted:

I had a lessening of symptoms when I upped my calcium intake. I know others have had success with increasing their potassium levels.

Potassium was definitely key for me. I would get terrible cramps in my calves when I elevated my feet. Started eating a banana every day and saw a great improvement.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
So the gf had another ultrasound and it's identical twins the doctors say. Different sacs (diamniotic), same placenta (monochorionic). Now I'm all worried about TTTS, stupid wikipedia, but they're keeping a close check on it, on may 30th they're having another one and I'll see about getting off work for that one.

Sockmuppet
Aug 15, 2009

Bubble Babble posted:

Yeah, I have no idea what to reply to that either. I went to a wedding with former coworkers and they kept saying, "You look so good pregnant!" What does that mean? I should be knocked up more? My husband told me I was over-thinking it, but it's such a weird compliment.

Not really, though - we might look pretty wrung-out when loafing about at home in sweatpants, but pregnant women can be super pretty (not all the aches and pains show on the outside ;) ), and I suspect there's something biological going on that makes people love the bump - furthering of the species and all that, and it's easier to say "you look good pregnant!" than "you're womanly and kind of glowy, what with the extra blood and all, and your hair hasn't fallen out for a while, so it's extra thick, and you're making a baby, which is great for the herd".

I get tons of compliments on my bump (it's very round and cute, apparently), and I absolutely adore it - after spending 20 minutes in the morning trying on things from my closet and despairing when nothing fits and everything makes me look like a walrus on stilts, it's a much-needed pick-me-up when random ladies at the coffee shop tell me I look lovely :3:

And I'm apparently due around the same time as Duchess Kate and Kim Kardashian, and I'm happy to report that I'm a healthy-looking medium between the two, and a much better dresser than Kim. :colbert:

travelsized
Feb 21, 2006

Crazy Old Clarice posted:

Potassium was definitely key for me. I would get terrible cramps in my calves when I elevated my feet. Started eating a banana every day and saw a great improvement.

Unfortunately it's likely my problem is potassium since I know I get plenty of calcium (I'm a milk fiend). But I really hate bananas so I'll have to find other sources (my morning cereal only contains 7% of my required potassium).

sudont
May 10, 2011

Fun Shoe
Ultrasound in the morning to see if he's head down or not... fingers crossed! 36 weeks 2 days tomorrow.

Edit: He is indeed head down, phew! The u/s tech got the best shot of him sucking his thumb, awwww!

sudont fucked around with this message at 17:42 on May 17, 2013

Killer_Frost
Nov 30, 2011

I hit my nephew yet I don't hesitate to judge other people's parenting skills.
PS MY BABY CAROLINE CAN NEVER SHARE A LAP WITH BALLS. Lol
I didn't look pregnant until I was late into 7 months. I never got the cute round belly and everyone I worked with would try to feed me because "I was still too little!" I gained 32 pounds and my little one was 7 pounds when she got here, so I did just fine without them force feeding me.

Overactive letdown led to a funny moment today. She was nursing while we stayed in bed (totally lazy but after she had me up every couple of hours last night and I was tired) well she pulled off and it squirted her right in the eye. I had to try really hard not to laugh.

She's eating like crazy, every hour or so it seems, but she falls asleep after 5 minutes or so and I can't seem to keep her awake. No amount of poking, jiggling, or jostling will keep her awake. She'll sleep for an hour or so then wake up "starving". Anyone have any hints for keeping her awake?

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
How wrapped up is she (and how old, that makes a difference too)? You could try just a onesie or feeding naked if you really need to get that food in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killer_Frost
Nov 30, 2011

I hit my nephew yet I don't hesitate to judge other people's parenting skills.
PS MY BABY CAROLINE CAN NEVER SHARE A LAP WITH BALLS. Lol

Ben Davis posted:

How wrapped up is she (and how old, that makes a difference too)? You could try just a onesie or feeding naked if you really need to get that food in there.

She's almost a month old now. I've left her in just a onesie, we've gone down to a diaper and she still falls asleep. She doesn't fall asleep if I feed her pumped milk from the bottle so she's at least getting food. Its really more annoying her constantly being attached to me all day. I can't get anything done.