Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

With their prize for being incredibly, stupidly lucky, the Southie Hitmen select:

1970 Bob Gibson

The Hitmen how have some semblance of pitching! Mentholmoose, you're up!.

e: spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkF311T6qtJidDZGRlVMQl9SNzV5NmZpbVl2cUo5bUE#gid=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

The Bombers take '89 Rickey Henderson.

McFreeze is up.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Galactic Wanderers

Logo:

Once again, we are looking to trade starting pitching for outfielders/draft picks.

We're starting Shannon Stewart and Jose Cruz Jr. here, people, we're pretty much desperate!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Okay. As everyone knows, I'm looking to take a pitcher with this pick. But if you want to trade me a pitcher that's as good or better than what I can get here, that'll work too!

And yes, I want 1 good pitcher, not 2 okay pitchers.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mrnoun posted:

Galactic Wanderers

Logo:

Once again, we are looking to trade starting pitching for outfielders/draft picks.

We're starting Shannon Stewart and Jose Cruz Jr. here, people, we're pretty much desperate!

Want a '96 Vlad (Fetus Vlad), '96 Alou (in his prime), or '93 Chili Davis?

Also, condolences on your loss. Good on you for even attempting it, though!

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
What do you want for Moises Alou? e: looks like he's not any different from bob johnson as a practical matter, maybe a bit worse so eh.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 16, 2013

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax
Yeah, what do you want?

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

FairGame posted:

Want a '96 Vlad (Fetus Vlad), '96 Alou (in his prime), or '93 Chili Davis?

Also, condolences on your loss. Good on you for even attempting it, though!

Davis was a full-time DH by '93, but I'd be willing to take a flyer on Vlad and Alou, if the price is right. Who would you want for them?

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Hey mrnoun, I've got a rookie Larry Walker...

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mrnoun posted:

Davis was a full-time DH by '93, but I'd be willing to take a flyer on Vlad and Alou, if the price is right. Who would you want for them?

It'd be Vlad OR Alou, since the remaining guy becomes Maris' platoon partner.

I need relief pitching. I also need a good 3b/SS type that can spell my glass menagerie of Al Rosen/Nomar Garciaparra.

In Vlad's case, any draft pick gets the job done. That only applies to one of you; I'll need to take a longer look through your roster.

Alou's in his prime and not a crapshoot; I'd likely have to be really impressed by an offer (which as I've proven, doesn't mean it has to be a good offer) to move him. I'd rather Alou/Maris than Vlad/Maris.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

FairGame posted:

It'd be Vlad OR Alou, since the remaining guy becomes Maris' platoon partner.

I need relief pitching. I also need a good 3b/SS type that can spell my glass menagerie of Al Rosen/Nomar Garciaparra.

In Vlad's case, any draft pick gets the job done. That only applies to one of you; I'll need to take a longer look through your roster.

Alou's in his prime and not a crapshoot; I'd likely have to be really impressed by an offer (which as I've proven, doesn't mean it has to be a good offer) to move him. I'd rather Alou/Maris than Vlad/Maris.

Ah, I don't have relief pitching or infielders to spare, so I'll have to pass, sorry.

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

mrnoun posted:

Ah, I don't have relief pitching or infielders to spare, so I'll have to pass, sorry.

Interested in an Old Rickey Henderson or a 2011 Adam Jones? Or, would a '64 Willie Stargell be more what you're looking for? Not sure what I'd take for Stargell, but it'd be asking a little more, obviously. My needs are: 2B and relievers, really, but I'd take an extra starter for the first two and maybe could be persuaded to part with Stargell for the right price.

EDIT: Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a backup catcher better than Matt Wieters, now that I think of it.

GrickleGrass fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 16, 2013

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv8ASQSreqA

With the 22nd pick, the Cuba Batmen select 1962 Juan Marichal.

Cthulhu is on the clock.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I'm looking for a draft pick for 1935 Lefty Grove. He's 35 but he was an elite pitcher until he hit 40. He is healthy and will easily throw 200IP in SL. He is a groundball pitcher and will be best with good infield defense.

Stats from EC8, SL8 (shortened by 4 weeks), SL9

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Grove's not worth a second rounder from me, but I'll give you my third round pick for him.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

GrickleGrass posted:

Interested in an Old Rickey Henderson or a 2011 Adam Jones? Or, would a '64 Willie Stargell be more what you're looking for? Not sure what I'd take for Stargell, but it'd be asking a little more, obviously. My needs are: 2B and relievers, really, but I'd take an extra starter for the first two and maybe could be persuaded to part with Stargell for the right price.

EDIT: Alternatively, I wouldn't mind a backup catcher better than Matt Wieters, now that I think of it.

What do you want for Stargell?

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

What do you want for Stargell?

How old's Craig Biggio?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

GrickleGrass posted:

How old's Craig Biggio?

1998 edition, so 33. (He was mine originally, and I traded him for like the second to last pick in the SL draft, hint hint)

GrickleGrass
Dec 18, 2011

I speak for the trees.
Yeaaahh, I was kind of hoping he was younger. It's not the worst thing in the world and I could get some use out of him, maybe.

How about Biggio and, uh, *cough* Old Musial?

I'm collecting old men in case I ever need to move the franchise to L.A. and we can become the California Raisins.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

CraigK posted:

1998 edition, so 33. (He was mine originally, and I traded him for like the second to last pick in the SL draft, hint hint)

Amazingly, I also got Brandon League in the same deal. I think you undervalued what he can do.

quote:

How about Biggio and, uh, *cough* Old Musial?

The Cultists retirement home and day care center for baseballists is happy to entertain discussions here, but if you want an aging 2B guy can I suggest Riggs Stephenson? I have a a 32 old version who I mostly use in left (he played 2B in cleveland, the cubs moved him to left), who has consistently OBP'ed above .330 in the SL. The Cancun tornadoes have a young version they use at 2B who hit .325/.383 last season.

Just he doesn't hit come runs ever. He's like the slap hittiest of slap hitters.

I'm not saying no to the Biggio deal, he's just very useful for me because he platoons with Old Man Hornsby, backups Hartnett at catcher when Piazza is DHing and hit for higher OBA with more home runs than Stargell did in about the same playing time. Let me get home and look at this carefully.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm looking for a draft pick for 1935 Lefty Grove. He's 35 but he was an elite pitcher until he hit 40. He is healthy and will easily throw 200IP in SL. He is a groundball pitcher and will be best with good infield defense.

Stats from EC8, SL8 (shortened by 4 weeks), SL9

Third round plus a replacement pitcher? Assuming you're using the guy. If not, I do have a lot of outfielders.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

Amazingly, I also got Brandon League in the same deal. I think you undervalued what he can do.

I didn't undervalue poo poo; that witch I cut off in traffic a week ago cursed my SL team to be full of competent players that will play like poo poo for me and awesomely for anyone else. (Seriously, a third of the guys picked so far have been from my team! I should demand royalties for supplying the draft pool that hard!)

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

With some reluctance and a general feeling that this a missed opportunity, the Cultists draft the Man of Steal, 1985 Rickey Henderson.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

With some reluctance and a general feeling that this a missed opportunity, the Cultists draft the Man of Steal, 1985 Rickey Henderson.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Alright, the Bombers are officially offering 1915 Shoeless Joe Jackson, who would definitely be the best outfielder left in the draft pool. He won't hit home runs, but he'll hit for a high average and get a lot of doubles and triples. I'm looking for one of the next five picks for him. Or any second rounder and other considerations. Preference given to a starting quality catcher.

If you need an outfielder, get him.

e: 2006 Ken Griffey Jr. is also available if you need a center fielder and are OK with old dudes, for something like a third rounder.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 16, 2013

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

mentholmoose posted:

Alright, the Bombers are officially offering 1915 Shoeless Joe Jackson, who would definitely be the best outfielder left in the draft pool. He won't hit home runs, but he'll hit for a high average and get a lot of doubles and triples. I'm looking for one of the next five picks for him. Or any second rounder and other considerations. Preference given to a starting quality catcher.

If you need an outfielder, get him.

e: 2006 Ken Griffey Jr. is also available if you need a center fielder and are OK with old dudes, for something like a third rounder.

I have the 32nd pick, which is 7 away. I'll do that pick for Shoeless Joe if you're interested.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

factorialite posted:

I have the 32nd pick, which is 7 away. I'll do that pick for Shoeless Joe if you're interested.

How about the 32nd and your fourth rounder, the 77th, for him?

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

mentholmoose posted:

How about the 32nd and your fourth rounder, the 77th, for him?

Throw in your 4th rounder, the 87th?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

factorialite posted:

Throw in your 4th rounder, the 87th?

Yeah, I can do that.

So the Bombers send:

'15 Shoeless Joe Jackson
Draft pick #87

The Juggernauts send:

Draft pick #32
Draft pick #77

I approve it obviously.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Reminder that I'm still looking to acquire bullpen help and draft picks, and I totally forgot that my roster includes 2 usable outfielders I'd like to trade

You already know about Baby Vlad (1996 Expos), but I also have Tim Salmon (1993 Angels) and Moises Alou (1996 Expos)

I'd prefer to keep Alou as Maris' platoon partner, but for the right deal I'd move him instead of Salmon.

Salmon has literally no platoon split in his career and would make a perfectly good RF for someone.

Vlad's a total crapshoot still, obviously.

mrnoun, if you prefer more of a sure thing, I'd move my Salmon for your Honeycutt & 4th rounder.

factorialite
Mar 3, 2008

by Lowtax

mentholmoose posted:

Yeah, I can do that.

So the Bombers send:

'15 Shoeless Joe Jackson
Draft pick #87

The Juggernauts send:

Draft pick #32
Draft pick #77

I approve it obviously.

Done.

New Roster

factorialite fucked around with this message at 16:09 on May 16, 2013

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

FairGame posted:

Reminder that I'm still looking to acquire bullpen help and draft picks, and I totally forgot that my roster includes 2 usable outfielders I'd like to trade

You already know about Baby Vlad (1996 Expos), but I also have Tim Salmon (1993 Angels) and Moises Alou (1996 Expos)

I'd prefer to keep Alou as Maris' platoon partner, but for the right deal I'd move him instead of Salmon.

Salmon has literally no platoon split in his career and would make a perfectly good RF for someone.

Vlad's a total crapshoot still, obviously.

mrnoun, if you prefer more of a sure thing, I'd move my Salmon for your Honeycutt & 4th rounder.

I'll take that.

Wanderers send:
1983 Rick Honeycutt
#96 in the draft

Congratulators send:
1993 Tim Salmon

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012
FairGame, I'd like to make you aware that I have the 2000 Cardinals as a feeder, so if you'd like to try your luck on any of the pitching staff before they went crazy or died, I can help you with that.

You might be able to make use of Renteria as a backup shortstop in case Nomar falls apart, or take a flyer on Tatis.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mrnoun posted:

I'll take that.

Wanderers send:
1983 Rick Honeycutt
#96 in the draft

Congratulators send:
1993 Tim Salmon

Rad; thanks.

Viscount Slim posted:

FairGame, I'd like to make you aware that I have the 2000 Cardinals as a feeder, so if you'd like to try your luck on any of the pitching staff before they went crazy or died, I can help you with that.

You might be able to make use of Renteria as a backup shortstop in case Nomar falls apart, or take a flyer on Tatis.

oh my god I need Rick Ankiel give me Rick Ankiel

also are you using your old-ish Lankford?

FairGame fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 16, 2013

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

FairGame posted:

oh my god I need Rick Ankiel give me Rick Ankiel

also are you using your old-ish Lankford?

Haha, done. As to Lankford, he was my fifth outfielder for a while, but, nah he's pretty low on the chart after all these seasons of drafting. He's available.

You wanna try your luck on Dave "General" Veres, too? Otherwise I might use him over Rawly Eastwick.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Because no one has actually mentioned it yet, CaptainYesterday, you are on the clock for the 25th pick.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I'd like to remind everyone that I'm selling a few folk's for early-to-mid 4th round picks.

People I may be willing to part with include:

2004 Jimmy Rollins

1942 Johnny Pesky

1942 Dom Dimaggio

1960 Warren Spahn

I will likely only part with either J-Roll or Pesky, not both, so act fast! PM me, post in the thread, or find me in iRC!

e: I'd also take pitchers as well, I'm looking for guys with 5.5+ so/9 and low hr/9!

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 16, 2013

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Viscount Slim posted:

Haha, done. As to Lankford, he was my fifth outfielder for a while, but, nah he's pretty low on the chart after all these seasons of drafting. He's available.

You wanna try your luck on Dave "General" Veres, too? Otherwise I might use him over Rawly Eastwick.

I already have a Dave Veres (1996 montreal).

If you like, I can give you my Dave Veres in exchange for Rick Ankiel. Then the two Veres can hang out and hope not to touch each other because they'll cause this horrible abomination like at the end of the Van Damme movie, Timecop.

Viscount Slim
Mar 9, 2012

FairGame posted:

I already have a Dave Veres (1996 montreal).

If you like, I can give you my Dave Veres in exchange for Rick Ankiel. Then the two Veres can hang out and hope not to touch each other because they'll cause this horrible abomination like at the end of the Van Damme movie, Timecop.

Sold!

The fool! Little does he know I shall mash the two Vereseses together to create a sort of Grand Maester of the bullpen. I scoff at the temporal consequences!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
I have 1975 Dennis Eckersley up for sale. Young, as you would guess, but I have options and don't need to risk it. If you don't have much in the way of relief, hey, here's possibly one of the best ones!