Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Got my first Vampire box, sent to me by someone who picked it up at ReaperCon. I went through it. Two minis missing, one miscast. Not too bad. I'll wait until I get the rest of my order before I send off to Reaper, so they don't have to do multiple shipments (and because I may find the missing minis as dupes in the other boxes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
I seriously don't even know where I would start the process of checking if my order is complete.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I used the spreadsheet in this thread, with the GregR site to find the models. I just put an X in the far right column for everything I'd received, MC for miscasts, then looked for where there were no Xes when I was done.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
So, update from Reaper. The good news is that they're ahead of schedule on shipping, having gone through their boxes much faster than anticipated.

The bad news is that the next shipment from China hasn't arrived yet, and they'll need to wait for that one before they start shipping again. Also, their paperwork for Canadian customs is still in limbo. But these will hopefully be fixed soon.

EDIT: Bryan has confirmed that the shipment from China is actually in customs at the moment. So they just need it to be released and to arrive in Texas.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Another update from Reaper: The final shipment from China should be leaving there in a week, and it takes about 5 weeks for the journey, so it's looking like the end of June at this point.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
If the only thing I ordered from the KS was the figure case (I pledged $1 plus $25 for the case), would that be part of this last wave? Anyone here who ordered a case gotten one (or still waiting)?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

Another update from Reaper: The final shipment from China should be leaving there in a week, and it takes about 5 weeks for the journey, so it's looking like the end of June at this point.

Well at least I dont have to worry about it getting shipped to my old address! I got so much poo poo to do, I want to have my new paint station up and running when they get delivered :D

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Fix posted:

Commenters on the kickstarter are treating this like its loving Benghazi.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

JoshTheStampede posted:

Reapergate. :psyduck:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Reaper lied, no one died.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

JoshTheStampede posted:

poo poo even Benghazi wasn't Benghazi, if you catch my meaning, but that's a derail for D&D.

I am getting anxious, I'll admit, but this is no where near Ouya or Admant's Far West levels of mismanagement. I donno, they're just communicating better and have been in the industry long enough to have the cachet where I believe they were basically a victim of their own success. But I don't have any reason to believe they will flat out fail to deliver.

It's not like I don't have several miniatures to pain in the interim.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

I think it's normal to be disappointed, since the prior message was "just waiting at customs!" and now we're looking at two months or more (hopefully leaves in a week, hopefully only takes five weeks to get here and through customes...but then they still need to unpack it all and ship them to all of us).

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

homullus posted:

I think it's normal to be disappointed, since the prior message was "just waiting at customs!" and now we're looking at two months or more (hopefully leaves in a week, hopefully only takes five weeks to get here and through customes...but then they still need to unpack it all and ship them to all of us).

Sure, I'm disappointed too. But there's a difference between "that sucks, but thanks for telling us" and "THIS IS AN OUTRAGE" or "this is totally unprofessional" which is what they are getting.

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Now I'm incredibly glad I changed the shipping address from my current one outside of the US, to my parents' American address. At this rate, I might move back home before it arrives.

They even let me choose some other stuff to make up for the $25 international shipping charge.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

So what happened? Was it at customs in China and people thought it was in Texas customs?

Also that comments page, holy poo poo. What would they have Reaper do that they aren't already doing?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I hope these people never back one of the flakier/longer term kickstarters because their heads might explode.

Scratch that, I kind of hope they do back those.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

moths posted:

So what happened? Was it at customs in China and people thought it was in Texas customs?

Also that comments page, holy poo poo. What would they have Reaper do that they aren't already doing?

People don't understand that the initial estimates were in fact ESTIMATES and that Reaper has no control over the supply chain segments that are in China.

Reaper's been pretty open and transparent, and if they updated more often they would have people saying WTF STOP UPDATING IF YOU DONT HAVE NEW INFO so no, there's nothing they could be doing that they aren't already.

One person said "It's a good thing I'll have enough minis after this kickstarter that I will never have to deal with Reaper as a company again" which is just staggering. Like, do you know WHY you will have enough minis? Because of...Reaper.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

JoshTheStampede posted:

People don't understand that the initial estimates were in fact ESTIMATES and that Reaper has no control over the supply chain segments that are in China.

I think most people do understand estimates, but start looking forward to things, and when they are disappointed, manage that disappointment poorly. There are surely some who don't have the slightest clue, and a few who are going to be hammering away at their keyboards well after their miniatures arrive.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

homullus posted:

I think most people do understand estimates, but start looking forward to things, and when they are disappointed, manage that disappointment poorly. There are surely some who don't have the slightest clue, and a few who are going to be hammering away at their keyboards well after their miniatures arrive.

Maybe so, but the implication from lots of the posters is that Reaper broke promises, further implying that the dates given at the beginning were in fact promises.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

I am currently sad, but I'm not ready to break out the torches and pitchforks. Hopefully we'll get everything in time for me to paint some stuff for PAX and what-not. I was looking forward to filling the whole summer with them though.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Painting is best left for winter anyhow, when it's dark and cold and lovely outside. Summer is for beers on the patio. Or, if you insist on painting, painting majestic landscapes and grand vistas.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
The one issue I feel they could have improved is that they didn't discuss the staggered shipments until it became a problem. I feel like they could have laid out at least the bare bones of that plan earlier. Their actual plan for getting the miniatures to Denton and shipped was pretty well conceived, and the only delays have been ones outside of their control.

If things had gone as planned, the staggered shipments would have been invisible to backers. But one got delayed in customs, and the factory in China sent some things in a different order than Reaper expected, which means that a lot of orders are now waiting on the last shipment.

I'm personally harder hit than most, since I won't see the majority of my order until I get back from deployment in October. But I've known it's been a possibility for a while, and there's nothing Reaper could reasonably have been expected to do to prevent it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JackMann posted:

The one issue I feel they could have improved is that they didn't discuss the staggered shipments until it became a problem.
Not really, because:

quote:

If things had gone as planned, the staggered shipments would have been invisible to backers.
It's far more normal to not bother customers with the day-to-day drudgery of business logistics than it is to explain to the layfolk how the world works.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Bad Munki posted:

Not really, because:

It's far more normal to not bother customers with the day-to-day drudgery of business logistics than it is to explain to the layfolk how the world works.

This is the core of a disconnect between what information customers of businesses feel they are entitled do versus what information backers of a kickstarter feel they are entitled to. If I go into McDonalds with a coupon for a free Big Mac and for whatever reason they are out of Big Macs that day, I don't demand to see shipping invoices and call them unprofessional.

If Reaper had just put this up as a sale on their site they wouldn't be getting this flack. Backers think they need and deserve every shred of info the second it is available, even info they would never think to expect or ask if they were buying a product through traditional channels.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Oh, I understand why. Bryan's been pretty clear on that. I just think that it was a mistake, because it would have given people a better context for the delays.

But it's a pretty minor mistake, and I think they've otherwise been pretty exemplary.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

If I go into McDonalds with a coupon for a free Big Mac and for whatever reason they are out of Big Macs that day, I don't demand to see shipping invoices and call them unprofessional.

Perhaps you have never worked at McDonalds. Or any other retail establishment which offers discounts on things, coupons, rain checks, etc. Because this is exactly the sort of idiotic bullshit that a small segment of the general public inevitably pulls whenever your store cannot deliver on what they perceived as an inviolable promise to them personally of fifteen cents of savings.

On the other hand, people get upset not only because of this particular instance of them wanting a thing, believing they'd be able to get that thing now/today/this month/whatever, and then being disappointed; it is because there is a neverending overwhelming torrent of companies and retail establishments and products and TV shows and governments and employers and services and so on that constantly fail to perform to promises and expectations. The frustration builds up and demands an outlet. Often the only possible outlets are socially unacceptable: you can throw a tantrum in Best Buy or scream at your boss (and some people do), but there will be consequences for doing so. Most of the time your only option is to suck it up.

But with a kickstarter you can vent your frustration via comments or whatever and there are no practical consequences for doing so. Nobody should be surprised to see a lot of people availing themselves of the rare opportunity to be vocally pissed off that for the ten thousanth time in their lives, the world has disappointed them by not delivering on what they perceived as promises, commitments, obligations, reasonable expectations, or even just hopes and dreams.

Reaper said they planned to deliver our Bones in March. It's now May and many of us cannot expect our Bones till June or maybe even July. The reasons why this happened are all understandable and Reaper can be forgiven for underestimating delivery times by a few months, but it's also understandable that some people are pissed off about it and are really enjoying the rare opportunity to vent their lifelong accumulation of rage at how this kind of thing happens loving constantly, secure in the knowledge that nobody is going to throw them out of the store, fire them, arrest them, or whatever.

...the rest of us have more realistic expectations, of course. I'm not excusing idiots who don't get how the world works despite years or decades of evidence, mind you. I just think it's somewhat understandable and unsurprising.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 15, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

JoshTheStampede posted:

If I go into McDonalds with a coupon for a free Big Mac and for whatever reason they are out of Big Macs that day, I don't demand to see shipping invoices and call them unprofessional.

Well, see, clearly you're not autistic enough to be a most valuable McDonald's customer.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008

Bad Munki posted:

Painting is best left for winter anyhow, when it's dark and cold and lovely outside. Summer is for beers on the patio. Or, if you insist on painting, painting majestic landscapes and grand vistas.

When the weather gets hot I like to paint by an open window and enjoy natural light while I work. It makes me feel less like a troglodyte.

Reaper Bones question:

Does anyone have any of the Bones zombies yet? Would they scale enough to be used as filler in a 40k zombie mob? I was thinking of working them in to a crowd of various manufacturer zombies and I'm uncertain of their scale.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Purgey posted:

When the weather gets hot I like to paint by an open window and enjoy natural light while I work. It makes me feel less like a troglodyte.

Natural light also makes stuff look drastically different than artificial light. My painting desk is by a full-length window facing east. I do most of my painting at night, and sometimes I will work on something and then look at it the next day and it is either way more amazing than I remember or I look at it and wonder if I was drunk when I painted it.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Purgey posted:

Reaper Bones question:

Does anyone have any of the Bones zombies yet? Would they scale enough to be used as filler in a 40k zombie mob? I was thinking of working them in to a crowd of various manufacturer zombies and I'm uncertain of their scale.

I'll try to get a scale picture tonight. I don't have any 40K zombies, but I have some blood angels I can toss 'em with.

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008

JackMann posted:

I'll try to get a scale picture tonight. I don't have any 40K zombies, but I have some blood angels I can toss 'em with.

Fantastic! :v:

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

Here you are, with both current zombies up.

EDIT: I should mention, the paintjob on the 40K mini isn't mine. An officer in my shop was getting rid of her army, so I snagged 'em, with an eye to painting and reselling later.

JackMann fucked around with this message at 04:42 on May 16, 2013

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008

JackMann posted:

Here you are, with both current zombies up.

EDIT: I should mention, the paintjob on the 40K mini isn't mine. An officer in my shop was getting rid of her army, so I snagged 'em, with an eye to painting and reselling later.

Oh my goodness, I am pleasantly surprised! Those look just the part of emaciated zombies. I have no idea why I pictured them so short. Thanks for the picture.

Also, haha blood angels have nipples on their armor :riker:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I think a lot of people are also angry because a bunch of the people who ordered huge orders of like ten sets so they could vendor them for profit got their poo poo in and are flipping them for a bunch of money all over the place on the net. And nothing is worse than buying a thing you really want, not getting it for a long time and discovering that some guy who bought a bunch just to make a buck and doesn't care about the thing you like as much as you is rolling in them.

This happened at the GameStop I frequented during the height of Pokemon mania, a shipment of boosters would come in at like 11 through UPS and a bunch of schlubby old guys would be there to buy them up the second they hit shelves so they could flip them at flea markets or eBay the singles and by the time school got out and the actual seven year old kids got to the store there was only two or three boosters remaining. This was at the point where Wizards was limiting how much product B&M stores could order as well so it's not like they could just get more to sell they were lucky if they got a full shipment to start with.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I think a lot of people are also angry because a bunch of the people who ordered huge orders of like ten sets so they could vendor them for profit got their poo poo in and are flipping them for a bunch of money all over the place on the net. And nothing is worse than buying a thing you really want, not getting it for a long time and discovering that some guy who bought a bunch just to make a buck and doesn't care about the thing you like as much as you is rolling in them.

This happened at the GameStop I frequented during the height of Pokemon mania, a shipment of boosters would come in at like 11 through UPS and a bunch of schlubby old guys would be there to buy them up the second they hit shelves so they could flip them at flea markets or eBay the singles and by the time school got out and the actual seven year old kids got to the store there was only two or three boosters remaining. This was at the point where Wizards was limiting how much product B&M stores could order as well so it's not like they could just get more to sell they were lucky if they got a full shipment to start with.

It's not really like that at all because that was a finite supply, while this was made-to-order. You're sounding just as bad as the Kickstarter comments and posting frankly unrelated anecdotes about Pokemon cards to try to support your argument, which is dumb.

From what I gather speaking to a higher-up at Reaper directly, people who made huge orders are less priority than those who bought a single Vampire set, for example. So those, like me, who made 3000+ dollar orders, are at the back of the line. You should get your facts straight before making assumptions. If other people who made huge orders are getting special treatment, they must have pulled some serious strings to get it.

I personally only asked them, if they are able and have the stock, to ship me enough of my order piecemeal so I can cover all the preorders I've sold, and the rest of the order can be the last thing they send out for all I care. I just want to get them into the folks who have already paid me's hands ASAP.

And people who buy things to sell for a profit are not all curmudgeonly old men, contrary to popular belief!

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:50 on May 16, 2013

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Reaper has sent out Vampire only pledges at this point, correct? I only added a couple of additional models, but I assume that's the delay on my measly $170 order...

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

berzerkmonkey posted:

Reaper has sent out Vampire only pledges at this point, correct? I only added a couple of additional models, but I assume that's the delay on my measly $170 order...

The delay right now is that they are waiting on the shipment from china. The went through their first shipment faster than expected.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!

LumberingTroll posted:

The delay right now is that they are waiting on the shipment from china. The went through their first shipment faster than expected.

In other words, the shipping system that is "to slow" was actually to fast. If it was slower the updates would be "We're still shipping" and people would be happy because progress was being made. Now, despite the shipping being further along, the idea that shipping stopped is harder to take that just being behind schedule but working on it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm being told by said rep they have all the Vampire pledges in. This would lead me to believe the remaining containers are all full of addons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I still absolutely do not regret the $200 of added-on paints, giants, elementals, and other poo poo I grabbed. I am so stoked and I don't care if I have to wait until Christmas.

My only regret is that maybe I didn't add enough stuff. :ohdear:

• Locked thread