Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rossy
Oct 25, 2004

Wirth1000 posted:

I was reading up on the Bradford City fire and I didn't realize it was televised. This is some really harrowing footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXRp3qzEPiI

Absolutely tragic this. I haven't watched it again since I first saw it a few years back and have no intention of doing so :( poor people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wirth1000 posted:

I was reading up on the Bradford City fire and I didn't realize it was televised. This is some really harrowing footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXRp3qzEPiI

Oh my god, that guy on fire at the end :(

I can't believe how quickly the place went up. The whole stand is engulfed in roaring flames in like two minutes.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the most bizarre part is people cheering on the fire while supporters burn in front of them.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

mynameisjohn posted:

the most bizarre part is people cheering on the fire while supporters burn in front of them.

Well tbf to them it doesn't seem like anyone is going to be hurt at first. it just looks like a crazy fire. Then burning people start spilling out of the place.

blue footed boobie fucked around with this message at 21:29 on May 16, 2013

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

For a split-second I thought this was a latest photo of Michael Johnson.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
Go on son :D

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-fan-louis-kearns-3861913

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Gotta sick the rear end out more imo

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

blue footed boobie posted:

Oh my god, that guy on fire at the end :(

I can't believe how quickly the place went up. The whole stand is engulfed in roaring flames in like two minutes.

It's used in Health & Safety videos nowadays as an example of how quickly fire can spread and what caused it, i.e. the complete lack of any regular cleaning of all the litter etc under the stand. Built up dry debris + someone dropping a match after lighting a ciggie etc = conflagaration. Iirc it was the same circumstances at Kings Cross.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Fellaini said if Everton's fans could raise £25,000 for the club's charity by the end of the season, he'd dye his hair silver, so that's what they did.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Xerez supporters protested against the players after being relegated

Andre Le Fuckface
Oct 4, 2008

:pwm:

onoflalks posted:

Fellaini said if Everton's fans could raise £25,000 for the club's charity by the end of the season, he'd dye his hair silver, so that's what they did.

That's great, a glimpse into Fellaini as a grandad

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

They got it too late. You have to put the tombstones up before the actual relegation.

What does the chalk writing day?

Spiffeh
Dec 24, 2005

:v:

Smiley Face posted:

That's great, a glimpse into Fellaini as a grandad brillopad

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

They got it too late. You have to put the tombstones up before the actual relegation.

What does the chalk writing day?

"You can pay for your coffins with your bonuses."

Although Xerez have been having problems paying their players so they've probably not got any bonuses

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...

loving lol!!!

http://instagram.com/p/ZadjLnobaP/

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

That's rather extreme.

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Apparently the pigs head was still bloody and they wrapped it in his clothes, after he told them to leave him out of the #banterzone. He overreacted but it was loving stupid to do it in the first place.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Is Kenwyne Jones Muslim? His gf/wife seems to suggest this has to do with religion.

Somebody's gonna get really hosed up over this, especially after that Michael Owen thing as well.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

onoflalks posted:

Looks like Domenech.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Could he be United's new Official Stove Cleaning Partner?

Scienide
Sep 29, 2006

Gunplay...

Vegetable posted:

Is Kenwyne Jones Muslim? His gf/wife seems to suggest this has to do with religion.

If he is then, well, this is pretty serious IMO.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
I'm not sure he is a Muslim tbh, he's from Trinidad so it seems more likely he's some sort of Christian.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

Could he be United's new Official Stove Cleaning Partner?

Not sure he's allowed to be a sponsor if he's also playing for them.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Similarly, Ribery was pretty unhappy at having beer poured over him as a celebration, due to religious issues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ome%5Eheadlines

The Fuck Juicer
Oct 16, 2012

Bea Nanner posted:

Similarly, Ribery was pretty unhappy at having beer poured over him as a celebration, due to religious issues.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ome%5Eheadlines

It was non-alcoholic beer and the journos were being cunts as per usual

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Blue Screen Error posted:

I'm not sure he is a Muslim tbh, he's from Trinidad so it seems more likely he's some sort of Christian.

Yeah, he's a christian so I don't know where his girlfriend is coming from with the religious beliefs thing. Still a ridiculously dumb thing to do though.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I think he's Rastafari and as such doesn't touch pork.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

has no one read lord of the flies?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Vegetable posted:

Somebody's gonna get really hosed up over this, especially after that Michael Owen thing as well.

Wow 3 question marks after the Really. You know she is pissed off.

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

Psybro
May 12, 2002

Huth is the calm Teutonic voice of reason in the locker room and if anyone disagrees with that he headbutts them and they just explode.

vickser
Dec 27, 2012

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Psybro posted:

Huth is the calm Teutonic voice of reason in the locker room and if anyone disagrees with that he headbutts them and they just explode.

His nickname in the locker room is Hitler

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
Mancini has taken out a full page ad in the local paper today:

You can all tell me he's poo poo, but i'll miss him :cry:

Aaron A Aardvark
Oct 31, 2010

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Mancini has taken out a full page ad in the local paper today:

You can all tell me he's poo poo, but i'll miss him :cry:

That is pretty drat classy. Think I may have to make an exception to my usual rule and pick up a copy of the MEN today. Thanks for the memories,Bobby Manc.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b020sj6j/Our_World_Romario_Tackles_Brazil/

Just watched this and it was pretty interesting. Also, Romario :swoon:

JerseyMonkey
Jul 1, 2007

Is there a video of this? Looks hilarious. Curious what they are singing.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Byolante posted:

His nickname in the locker room is Hitler

I'm pretty fumed at the blatant bigotry taking place at Stoke City... Have there been any repercussions yet?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Balotelli, Boateng and Niang all having a go at each other's hair style

(Bottom up)

fan: "Mario, tonight while Niang is sleeping, fix his mohawk!"
Niang: "The mohawk is fine, Mario's phone, not so much"
Balotelli: "Your mohawk is a disaster! Stephan's (El Shaarawy's) is better, you can't say anything"
Boateng: "It's true, Niang's is a disaster hahaha, the worst mohawk in the history of Milan"

• Locked thread