Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arikado
May 9, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

He almost never does any combos over 6 hits that I've seen. I'm not judging him for playing by zoning almost entirely, and I'm pretty sure I was clear in saying I didn't hold that against him. I was just saying it's boring to watch. The statement about him being like random XBL people was because he only zones, he doesn't even attempt to fight in close, perhaps I haven't seen him play enough.

And I don't think you've seen Wolfkrone play too much if all you've seen him do is spam j3. He does need to lay off the wake up df3 though.

He's hit some pretty nice combos before, but like I said, he usually doesn't need to. Deathstroke shouldn't attempt to fight in close unless he absolutely has to. I like watching Aris play because A) he knows he's frustrating the hell out of the other player and B) watching good zoning is different than watching someone who has no idea or plan other than SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT. A good player can pick apart bad zoning, but I like watching the chess match between a good zoner and someone who knows how to fight it. Different strokes :haw: for different folks, though.

I probably haven't watched Krone play enough, plus the bit I've seen has just been online, so it's not the best way to judge his play. Hitting that df3 is just way too tempting for most Deathstrokes though, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Watching Aris is entertaining to me because after, how many weeks now? People still seem clueless as to what to do vs. Deathstroke, it seriously looks like nobody spent any time in the lab at all over three+ weeks. Just one example, the majority of his DF3s that get blocked result in no punish from the person blocking them.

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For anyone interested, the Red Son skins are gonna be available for purchase next week.

goddamnit, I should have sold when I had the chance

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

A Yolo Wizard posted:

goddamnit, I should have sold when I had the chance

Some YOLO Wizard you turned out to be!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Fixit posted:

What's the correct way of dealing with Ares' teleport shenanigans? It seems like he has a mixup afterwards with an unblockable, low or throw. I was getting worked by a dude abusing this lastnight, and when I get home I'd like to hit up the training room to work on a counter.

Do you mean he's just teleporting and then attacking you? His teleport has recovery, just wait for him to do it and then hit him.

Mr Fixit
Mar 7, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

Do you mean he's just teleporting and then attacking you? His teleport has recovery, just wait for him to do it and then hit him.

So if you anticipate it, you should be able to punish? I was trying like hell with Grundy, must have been hitting the wrong buttons. He was using rear TP, and there seemed to be some weirdness in the way my character would turn around. Like it didn't auto correct or if it did there was a delay.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

WarEternal posted:

Watching Aris is entertaining to me because after, how many weeks now? People still seem clueless as to what to do vs. Deathstroke, it seriously looks like nobody spent any time in the lab at all over three+ weeks. Just one example, the majority of his DF3s that get blocked result in no punish from the person blocking them.

It's almost as if Deathstroke is unbalanced.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Mr Fixit posted:

So if you anticipate it, you should be able to punish? I was trying like hell with Grundy, must have been hitting the wrong buttons. He was using rear TP, and there seemed to be some weirdness in the way my character would turn around. Like it didn't auto correct or if it did there was a delay.

Try recording the AI doing it in training, and attempting to punish. If you're not already doing an attack when he teleports you should be able to punish pretty easily.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Mr Fixit posted:

You can anticipate the teleport from Ares especially if you're zoning. Most random ranked mode Ares will not stand for that poo poo. Because of this you can bait them into doing it on your terms, and even if your character isn't facing the right way after his teleport you can still hold away from his direction to block his follow up. Just watch out for his close unblockable godsmacks or jump up or over head him if he habitually lows you after reappearing. If you expect his teleport you should always be able to punish his rear end.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

A Fancy Bloke posted:

No, it's not.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah Deathstroke definitely needs a buff, since that df3 is too easy to punish and it's his only wake-up.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Mr Fixit posted:

What's the correct way of dealing with Ares' teleport shenanigans? It seems like he has a mixup afterwards with an unblockable, low or throw. I was getting worked by a dude abusing this lastnight, and when I get home I'd like to hit up the training room to work on a counter.

d1s are the bane of my being as Ares. That or any quick start combo. Just be on watch for it and it's punishable everytime. I generally use either 112d4, 223, or b23 after the teleport which creates a great mixup variety. He can combo his trait off of his d1, so watch for that too.

If you are an Xbox Player I'll gladly spar some Ares against you.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

gannyGrabber posted:

Yeah Deathstroke definitely needs a buff, since that df3 is too easy to punish and it's his only wake-up.

Really good wakeup attacks shouldn't be safe.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

A Fancy Bloke posted:

No, it's almost as if dummies keep doing the same stupid poo poo against a semi-intelligent Deathstroke and get stuffed for it every time.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Really good wakeup attacks shouldn't be safe.

I believe that was sarcasm.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

A Fancy Bloke posted:

That statement doesn't follow from what was quoted.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For anyone interested, the Red Son skins are gonna be available for purchase next week.

I'm surprised they didn't do Batmankoff.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK
I think they will do a 2nd Red Son pack with Batman, Green Lantern, and maybe Lex.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I have played hundreds of matches with Grundy but somehow had never seen the clash dialogue between two Grundy players until today.

"Grundy think you handsome!"
"So does Grundy!"

Bless that big, adorable oaf. Why would anyone ever play as anyone else?

Thunderchops
May 27, 2005
Both how I'm livin' and my nose is large.

PantsBandit posted:

I have played hundreds of matches with Grundy but somehow had never seen the clash dialogue between two Grundy players until today.

"Grundy think you handsome!"
"So does Grundy!"

Bless that big, adorable oaf. Why would anyone ever play as anyone else?

"It like looking in mirror! "
" Grundy hate mirrors! "

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Toady posted:

I'm surprised they didn't do Batmankoff.

I hope so. This would probably get me to start maining Batman (as if Flashpoint Bats isn't cool enough already.)

It's too bad Adam has literally no good alternate looks - I swear, every single time he appears it is "black unitard with lightning bolt." (or possibly with a hooded cape, like, one time.)

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 16, 2013

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Not sure if I'm looking forward to Sinestros classic evil winter elf costume that I'm about 95% sure NRS will tap at some point.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

WarEternal posted:

What I find weird about WNF and SoCal Injustice in general is how few Green Lantern, Batman, or Aquaman players there seem to be. Same thing for Doomsday and Killer Frost, let alone the "mid tier" characters like GA or Raven. East Coast is overrun with GLs, but still it has its own variety of characters placing well.

Anyways, people give Aris a lot of poo poo for not fully understanding the game, but he does a good job of showcasing how strong Deathstroke can be up close. He did really well to run the train on Godspeed and Wonder Chef last night, both of who were playing Black Adam, after getting sent to losers by Chef's BA 0-2. He made some smart adjustments and plays extremely patient in what is supposed to be a bad matchup for DS, nicely punishing random divekicks with neutral j2s. He also doesn't wakeup with df3 so much that it becomes predictable and easily baited. I mean, Deathstroke is a strong character and Aris is a strong player, so it's not that surprising how well he's done for himself - I'm glad he won if only to dampen all the way too early doomsaying about BA and Superman.

Equilibrium fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 17, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Free Bane costume in next week's compatibility patch.

I'm not a Spanish expert but I think his shirt says Hard Penis.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

As Grundy, what are my best options to deal Superman's EX air lasers? If possible without tanking the damage with armor.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Aphrodite posted:

According to my Peruvian comicbook nerd sources, that's Hard Punishment, which is the name of Bane's prison.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

That Bane looks like he's getting ready to go to a baseball game and the venom accoutrements are his equivalent of a beer helmet.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Aphrodite posted:

Lucha Bane! This rules. I need to spend more time with him soon.

I found this gem on tumblr

"roxiesaurousrex aka your friendly neighborhood loving idiot posted:

NRS really likes sticking their massive dicks up customers asses don’t they? So when I picked up my copy of Injustice, I got the Red Son edition. I got it because I could afford it, thinking it’d be an exclusive for me and others who got it. Well that was a waste of money seeing as now they’re apparently releasing both the 3 costumes (Which, pretty much, all suck) and those 20 STAR labs missions (Which count for nothing!).
So great, waste of my money. Instead of releasing other costumes people want, like a Teen Titans Robin for Nightwing, or Lanturn outfits for all or even Justice League (Cartoon) outfits, you give us a DLC NOBODY has asked for. Nobody. Nobody has said “Hey can we have Red Son as DLC plz. Itz so worth it”
And dont think it’ll be the same as skin pack prices, it’ll be double, or near double, the price! I advise not buying it. I thought it’d be awesome when I first got it, but it’s seriously not. STAR Labs only lets you play as the 3 DLC Red Son Costumes and no one else.
So gently caress you NRS.
I just hope this isn’t what it seems. A cover up. Hopefully a cover up.

This game either clicks with you or violently murders everything you love apparently.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Just A Friend posted:

As Grundy, what are my best options to deal Superman's EX air lasers? If possible without tanking the damage with armor.

Block and hit him with grave hands as he lands. If he starts blocking that then block and dash in, if you're close enough you may be able to hit him with a d2 which can be comboed into a 114 trait grab. Honestly though it's just a really bad matchup. Superman has a ton of mobility so it's hard to build momentum against him as Grundy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

According to my Peruvian comicbook nerd sources, that's Hard Punishment, which is the name of Bane's prison.

And probably also his penis.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aphrodite posted:

That costume was in the concept art. That's cool!

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

Block and hit him with grave hands as he lands. If he starts blocking that then block and dash in, if you're close enough you may be able to hit him with a d2 which can be comboed into a 114 trait grab. Honestly though it's just a really bad matchup. Superman has a ton of mobility so it's hard to build momentum against him as Grundy.

Does the EX version do overhead damage then? I'm gonna feel real bad if it does cause I kept blocking low like an idiot thinking it was unblockable.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Just A Friend posted:

Does the EX version do overhead damage then? I'm gonna feel real bad if it does cause I kept blocking low like an idiot thinking it was unblockable.

Yes, Superman's db1 laser hits overhead on the 2nd hit if he meter burns it.

Just A Friend
Jan 11, 2010

WarEternal posted:

Yes, Superman's db1 laser hits overhead on the 2nd hit if he meter burns it.

Bwahahah. Oh man. I bet my opponent was having a real good time doing that. Haha. Thanks.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Kilometers Davis posted:

I found this gem on tumblr

So has this person just never seen preorder DLC ever, because I can't think of a single case where preorder DLC hasn't been offered for purchase later on.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

sentrygun posted:

So has this person just never seen preorder DLC ever, because I can't think of a single case where preorder DLC hasn't been offered for purchase later on.

I remember pre-order DLC for Lollipop Chainsaw and Sonic Generations being exclusive. It's not unheard of but it's uncommon. MK9 did non-exclusive DLC so it should have been no surprise to see that in Injustice.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Sonic Generations DLC is purchasable, took a while to come out. Don't know about Lollipop Chainsaw but I doubt it. There's really no good reason not to release preorder DLC later on to people who will pay for it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm idling in a ps3 goon room, looking for people to play against. Trying to learn raven, so it's basically free wins! Come stomp on me!

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

sentrygun posted:

I'm more curious about whether there have been any cases where collector's edition exclusives wind up being sold as DLC. I have a hard time imagining the new 52 skins will ever end up on the store, but drat I want that WW costume.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Equilibrium posted:

I'm more curious about whether there have been any cases where collector's edition exclusives wind up being sold as DLC. I have a hard time imagining the new 52 skins will ever end up on the store, but drat I want that WW costume.

It will be available for purchase. That's how they did it in MK9. NRS are cool dudes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Equilibrium posted:

Most MMOs nowadays let you buy the digital deluxe stuff as a dlc.

• Locked thread