Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Dick Trauma posted:

Always liked the posted for Scanners:
This was the original teaser:

I like that it looks vaguely like a poster that'd be up in a high school science lab. Look out for Scanners, kids! Also be sure to use the little sink over there in case you get phosphorous in your eyes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

I like that it looks vaguely like a poster that'd be up in a high school science lab. Look out for Scanners, kids! Also be sure to use the little sink over there in case you get phosphorous in your eyes!

It looks like something that would be put out by a publicly-funded Canadian production company.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Robert Denby posted:

Depends on who is teaching that class.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Hey, he is holding a hourglass! That's sort of clever.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Robert Denby posted:

"Carol never wore her safety goggles. Now she doesn't need them...because I blew her loving head up with MY MIIIIIND :byodood:"

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

"Carol never wore her safety goggles. Now she doesn't need them...because I blew her loving head up with MY MIIIIIND :byodood:"

My old roommate was a chem grad student, and was able to order me one of these posters (since you have to actually be a loving chemist to order them, ugh). I have it proudly framed, and it is fantastic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

If the text was still white, that'd be great.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I kinda like this one. Very eyecatching.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
That's pretty cool. A greyscale one would be the best if you could get the tones right though, in my opinion.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Fake poster, but I thought this was cool.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lotish posted:

Attack on Titan is awesome. This is awesome. (I am biased)

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

This is much better I think. Gives off a really lonely vibe.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Lotish posted:

Now this is an anime-to-live-action adaptation I could see myself actually enjoying. :) Attack on Titan is quite something.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I would rather have it grey than blue - an earlier poster said that the red would make sense if the movie were called Mars, and I think grey would really highlight the Moon aspects of Moon. If that makes sense.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

I drew some Lebowski character posters in a very specific style:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Suzuki Method posted:

Now this is an anime-to-live-action adaptation I could see myself actually enjoying. :) Attack on Titan is quite something.

Too much nudity, automatic NC-17. drat yous MPAA :argh:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Oh poo poo, I think I messed this up guys.

All I see is this meme gif: http://i.imgur.com/Zzv2jH5.gif

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 17, 2013

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Slasherfan posted:

Fast And Furious 6 (I like how they have just given up with the titles) is out here tomorrow, this is also coming out DTV

It actually took me almost two full minutes before I realized that this wasn't a joke.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

Too much nudity, automatic NC-17. drat yous MPAA :argh:

Aren't Titans Barbie Doll smooth?

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Oh poo poo, I think I messed this up guys.

Durrrr

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Just joshing, they're well done.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I'd wear the Dude one on a shirt

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Suzuki Method posted:

There's actually one in the works in Japan. The director recently left the project due to significant creative differences though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

KinkyJohn posted:

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I'd wear the Dude one on a shirt

Get these on shirts now, you'll make a mint.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

KinkyJohn posted:

That image might actually make a good movie poster if you just added the title.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I want small framed prints of The Dude, Walter, and Donny hanging vertically on my wall.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffhqOy_A8KM

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

muscles like this? posted:

Aren't Titans Barbie Doll smooth?

Yep, and also grotesque as fuuuuuuuuuuuck.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

KinkyJohn posted:

These are fantastic. I really love the Walter one.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Lotish posted:

It's fake but I believe they're actually making a live-action adaptation.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

KinkyJohn posted:

The Donny one falls into the in-jokey/minimalist poster trap a little bit, but you actually put effort into it (and it's hilarious if you are in fact in on the joke) so I don't really have a problem with it.

The other three are downright phenomenal though. I didn't even pick up on the fact that the names were done in bowling-shirt stitching until I zoomed in. Awesome job!

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Nikaer Drekin posted:

The Donny one falls into the in-jokey/minimalist poster trap a little bit, but you actually put effort into it (and it's hilarious if you are in fact in on the joke) so I don't really have a problem with it.

The other three are downright phenomenal though. I didn't even pick up on the fact that the names were done in bowling-shirt stitching until I zoomed in. Awesome job!

I took them as a sequence, these 3 detailed, thoughtful depictions followed by a coffee can. It was hilarious.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Nikaer Drekin posted:

It took me a second to think about it but when you do think about it, you realize that Donny talked too loving much and only received true admiration and respect in death. In a Folger's coffee can.

It wasn't until now I realized the Jesus was a hand on a bowling ball. Kept wondering what he had to do with a light bulb. Once you see the hand it all comes together.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Yeah, it edges somewhat close to that territory, but it works so well for people that have seen the movie (and as a sequence, like I before E said) that it's pretty great anyways.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I'm so sorry to have to do this

(There's so many of these but most of them are huge and I can't resize images on my phone)

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ez posted:

(There's so many of these but most of them are huge and I can't resize images on my phone)

See if that was on a t-shirt that said DUDE nobody would loving get it but you put a coffee cannister saying DONNY and you eventually get it.

I don't even have to explain why the glass is poo poo.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

I would sooner assume this is a Hangover poster.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The Dude/Walter ones were good, but the Jesus/Donny ones are not. Jesus looks like a lightbulb? And coffee can minimalist :effort:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A hand holding a bowling ball is in the general shape of a lightbulb, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
I like the coffee can since it has the ashy fingerprints on it. It's a cute touch.