Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Seymour Butts posted:

Why would you suggest that when the Club Challenge Thowdown (or whatever you call it) doesn't even require that they are turned off? I race with all assists off for the record.

That's what I was referring to. I think the Club Challenger Challenge Throwdown thingy should be all hardcore, no assists. But, eh, whatever. Not going to change that I'm going to run a poorly tuned car with dilz all over it next Tuesday, finish mid-pack every race, except the first and last races, where I will be involved in a wreck either by myself (on the last lap) or get totaled on the first lap by someone else's mistake. I will either barely obtain 7th place, or barely lose it (probably because of the wreck in the last race).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

IMO assists actually give you slower lap times so it dosent really matter. The only one I think that is contensious is racing line and both GentlemanofLeisure and I agreed to keep it as several racers in both our clubs apparently use it.

*edit* proabbly should disable traction control for the Ultimate Aero lol.....

The rules are not 100% set in stone and I am up for suggestions.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 17, 2013

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:
Oh hell yes, I gotta get in on this for the glory of NipponDenso GTCC

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

Basticle posted:

Now we're talking!

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
Welp, I couldn't talk PA into letting me race for them, so I'm open to driving with y'all. I will be out of town through the 24th though so I can't get in to the qualifier.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

L_Harrison posted:

Looks like I need to dust off my controller for this :madmax:
Controller noob :frogout:

I totes would be doing some Forza about now. But I lost my FM4 disc.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

If I don't manage to completely space out, I should be there for this. Pity the B500 race isn't on Suzuka, it'd be the one event I'd have a pretty decent chance of a solid finish.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
This sounds totally awesome. I'll try my darndest to get in on Tuesday and shoot for that coveted 7th spot.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Just so there is no confusion, I edited my post to have the lobby rules disallow TCS and STM, which, quite frankly I meant to do in the first place but missed that when I made my post.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Clubsport Shifter is finally on the Fanatec site, just taking pre-orders now though with no details on exact release dates.

http://us.fanatec.com/Shifters?product_id=681

$150

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Cross-posting from the SAEG thread.

Kilonum Breeet and I getting frisky on the nurburgring
Kilonum Breeet finds a murder kerb on amalfi coast

It was awesome to see a decent turnout for the Clio Cup spec last Thursday.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 18, 2013

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Jarf posted:

Cross-posting from the SAEG thread.

It was awesome to see a decent turnout for the Clio Cup spec last Thursday.
Good stuff. We ran those Clio Cup cars a while back and they are a blast to drive.

quackman
Jan 25, 2004
Chapstick

Basticle posted:

IMO assists actually give you slower lap times so it dosent really matter. The only one I think that is contensious is racing line and both GentlemanofLeisure and I agreed to keep it as several racers in both our clubs apparently use it.

I use the braking line during online play since it helps keep at bay any ridiculously-late braking I might do which could cause a crash with other players. So in that sense it helps. But following the braking line to a tee is way too conservative and will only slow you down like the other assists.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"
Assists just turn off power, so you're missing like the peak 5% of your car's ability with them on.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Today in issue #207 of What if...? comics, the Duracell Zonda R ALMS GT car:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

No idea if the rest of you Goons know this, but I stumbled across a way to break the AI pit controls while hotlapping in "test drive" mode. When you enter into the pits, pause the game and go into tune setup. Change any setting (I knock my tire PSI up and back down), then save the changes. When you unpause you'll have control of your car in the pit lane, which means you could do some shots like this:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You'll have to save those and upload them to imgur or something. You can't post a webpage as an image.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Bentai posted:

No idea if the rest of you Goons know this, but I stumbled across a way to break the AI pit controls while hotlapping in "test drive" mode. When you enter into the pits, pause the game and go into tune setup. Change any setting (I knock my tire PSI up and back down), then save the changes. When you unpause you'll have control of your car in the pit lane, which means you could do some shots like this:

That glitch has existed since at least Forza 2.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

Alright, looks like the hammer has been thrown down.

I will host a lobby on Tuesday, May 21st at 10pm EST to have the runoff for spots 1-7. As the AUGR club has had trouble fielding more than 6 racers in the recent past, I suggest that ANY goon racers are welcome and we can do a general SomethingAwful vs Penny Arcade type deal. So we will likely have some AUGR, GTCC, TIAM and maybe even an SAEG or two.

We will do 4 races to determine ranks 1-7. Scoring will be done per race, your position will be your points, total score will be accumulation of points earned. So if you finish 1, 3, 2, 5 you get 11 points and are ranked ahead of someone who finished 2, 1, 1, 15 for 19 points.

Races will be in tuned cars at the listed PI, no tuning restrictions in place, using the same race settings listed above.

- S700 at Le Mans La Sarthe (Chicane version) (2 laps)
- A600 at Silverstone GP (4 laps)
- B500 at Nurburgring GP Short (4 laps)
- C425 at Suzuka West (4 laps)

Bring your big boy pants :madmax:

Reminder that tomorrow night is the qualifying for Beat The poo poo Out Of Penny Arcade. If you're planning on coming and are not in AUGR, send a friend request to me (whatcubed3) and I'll send you a lobby invite.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Cojawfee posted:

You'll have to save those and upload them to imgur or something. You can't post a webpage as an image.
Whoops, didn't know they wouldn't load:

The second one I took right as I found the glitch, it's more artsy than showing what you can do with the glitch:

Falken posted:

That glitch has existed since at least Forza 2.
Oh, didn't know that. :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Forza 5 reveal tomorrow, please. :pray:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Give it smell o vision and I'm sold. The smell of searing hot brakes, burnt rubber and racing fuel would really make the immersion. Make it optional of course, wouldn't want to stink up the house when the wife/gf is home. :v:

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

I said come in! posted:

I think they'll be showing it today at the new Xbox reveal since Major Nelson (I think?) posted about a competition to get invites to the event by Tweeting with various hash tags, one of which was for Forza. McLaren have teased an announcement at the event too, and Microsoft trademarked Forza Vista the other day as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I at least knew about the Forza Vista thing, which from what I heard might not actually be a game, but some sort of advertising tool for car manufacturers using Forza.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Forza 5 screenshot in Xbox one reveal, oh man.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

:siren: Forza 5 is a launch title. :siren:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Was that John Hindhaugh doing the commentary on that trailer?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

anime and cars posted:

Was that John Hindhaugh doing the commentary on that trailer?
It sounded like the Eurosport Moto GP commentary team to me.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

So we learned absolutely nothing about the new Forza at all except that there's a new city track :geno:

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Falken posted:

:siren: Forza 5 is a launch title. :siren:

I really hope my fanatec setup will work on the new system.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Cannot Find Server posted:

So we learned absolutely nothing about the new Forza at all except that there's a new city track :geno:

It looks like their big new feature is commentary during races, I guess? Hopefully the game will have more gameplay oriented features such as dynamic weather though, since the franchise is long overdue for that I think. I expect Turn 10 will announce some cool stuff like that soon, hopefully.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MUFFlNS posted:

It looks like their big new feature is commentary during races, I guess? Hopefully the game will have more gameplay oriented features such as dynamic weather though, since the franchise is long overdue for that I think. I expect Turn 10 will announce some cool stuff like that soon, hopefully.

Commentary during races would be dumb because I'd turn that poo poo off just like I do for music during races. I think that was just a thing they threw together for the trailer.

Turn 10 hinted that the 360 hardware was keeping them back from weather and night, so I'd imagine they're in. But I was hoping we'd see more of the game, like whatever Forza Vista is about and poo poo.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The trailer doesn't tell us anything except the name of the title and that it will be released at launch along with the console. Everything was most likely prerendered and basing anything from that is just pure speculation.

We'll probably learn a lot more at E3 next month.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cannot Find Server posted:

I was hoping we'd see more of the game, like whatever Forza Vista is about and poo poo.

Just from the name I have 2 theories. Horizon sequel or some revamped autovista

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Looked to me like they showed off several new city tracks but I'm probably just imagining it. That being said it looked A LOT like a PGR2 track which I wouldn't mind cos I loved those tracks.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...

Falken posted:

It sounded like the Eurosport Moto GP commentary team to me.

Live Commentary was one of the ideas of the "Gotham TV" concept that never made it to PGR 3, so I could see them taking a few of the old concepts for that and bringing them into this one. Especially since E-Sports is a "Thing" now.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

GutBomb posted:

I really hope my fanatec setup will work on the new system.

I have this terrible feeling that it won't. If MS is ready to be the assholes again, their Guide System interaction will be different, so that you have to buy Xbox One licensed controllers.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Ringo Star Get posted:

I have this terrible feeling that it won't. If MS is ready to be the assholes again, their Guide System interaction will be different, so that you have to buy Xbox One licensed controllers.

Spike TV followed up the event with some interviews and they talked to a controller guy at MS that said they changed the communication protocol between the console and the controller so I have little-to-no hope for the wheel to work now :(

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I will probably sell my Fanatec kit and never play another Forza if I can't use my setup with The new Xbox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I'll probably sell my steering wheel and keep the pedals and make my rig full-PC only with the quick-release wheel purchase sometime in the future. Honestly racing with the wheel is fun in Forza but its a hassle to connect and Id have to move it to and from my PC between games.

• Locked thread