Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Kanye West - Thank You God

edit source https://twitter.com/Semtex/status/329980576658501632

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 2, 2013

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
I hope it's good rear end job, I've always liked that for an album name.

Oh poo poo, I miscounted.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

MINT WIZARD posted:

I hope it's good rear end job, I've always liked that for an album name.

Oh poo poo, I miscounted.
Great rear end Job?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

That is right around the corner! The best news.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Kanye West and new Boards of Canada within just a few days of each other. This is the best fuckin' year.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Snippets of new Kanye in the form of Vines of a live performance. I couldn't get much from watching these but felt like someone might:

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/05/watch-kanye-west-perform-live-at-the-2013-met-gala

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
http://wp.me/pUq7A-edj

Two new clips from the new album. Sounds weird and dark as hell.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

HorseRenoir posted:

http://wp.me/pUq7A-edj

Two new clips from the new album. Sounds weird and dark as hell.

I wish I could tell that from those clips but that sound quality is loving abysmal.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

NeuroticErotica posted:

If the baby comes and it's clearly not his "808s And Heartbeaks 2" will be the greatest album of all time.

I keep seeing this and really need to listen to 808 and Heartbreaks. I completely skipped that one being tired of autotune and rebelling against Kanye's less reliance on samples

(yes I know 808 had samples too but I mean the soul/words in the sample samples)

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I really loved 808s and it has some of my favorite Kanye tracks :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

the_american_dream posted:

I keep seeing this and really need to listen to 808 and Heartbreaks. I completely skipped that one being tired of autotune and rebelling against Kanye's less reliance on samples

(yes I know 808 had samples too but I mean the soul/words in the sample samples)

Listen to this one right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkioh25AoCU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I like that but I think i'd love it if it was The Dream or someone. I guess I just dont want to hear a cd of Kanye singing v:frogbon:v

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I like that but I think i'd love it if it was The Dream or someone. I guess I just dont want to hear a cd of Kanye singing v:frogbon:v

Eh, I don't blame you. I don't think it's his best work, but I do really like it. It's more of a mood album, though. I can't just listen to it whenever. I have to be in the right mindset to really enjoy it.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

808s is one of the few albums that I actually believe the singer/songwriter/etc is actually feeling the emotions. It was all clearly based on some real things, not like most songs where "I love you" isn't really directed at anybody.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

thathonkey posted:

I just wish Kanye would go back to basics and make an album that doesn't need 9 million features by every single person and their cousin off the Top 50 billboard chart.

So, what, you want him to record another Get Well Soon? I mean c'mon even The College Dropout had a huge staff list, including Ludacris, Mos Def, Twista, Jamie Foxx, Freeway, Jay-Z, Common, Talib, GLC, Consequence, Miri Ben-Ari, Tony Williams, two different choirs, etc. Late Registration had an entire orchestra and Jon Brion plus more, so I mean, Kanye has always been making albums with a lot of features. Yes, of course, All of the Lights has more than necessary, seeing as how La Roux couldn't even hear herself, but Kanye is really positioning himself as something like a conductor like Dre anyway, so he's bound to have tons of people involve. H*ck, even 808s & Heartbreak, which had only five features on it, still had a ton of people on backing vocals.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Im weird in that I really actually like the throw a whole bunch of people on backing voices thing. I like hearing random John Legend on Common's Be not shown as feature or anything

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
it's too many hoes in this house of sin
real nigga back in the house again
black timbs all on your couch again
black dick all in your spouse again

KANYE SEASON

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 11, 2013

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"There's leaders and there's followers
but I'd rather be a dick than a swallower"

:worship:

Mexcillent
Dec 6, 2008
Ye will be on Saturday Night Live's season finale next week.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

Im weird in that I really actually like the throw a whole bunch of people on backing voices thing. I like hearing random John Legend on Common's Be not shown as feature or anything

Best part of All Of The Lights is The-Dream's single adlib at the end of the track

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

I am a god is slated to drop on friday! whoop whoop

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

atrus50 posted:

...the new album? What was "June Eighteen" about then? :stare:

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

That's the single. 6/18 is the album.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Masonic Youth posted:

That's the single. 6/18 is the album.

Oh, okay. Well that's great news! Are there any guest stars on this track?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

You mean features?

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Kanye's been totally silent on features for the album in general, but it sounds like the new track is produced by Hudson Mohawke.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thathonkey posted:

You mean features?

That's essentially the same thing as what I said, right?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

That's essentially the same thing as what I said, right?

I was just giving you a hard time; "guest star" is typically TV vocabulary for an actor not normally on the show and it sounded a bit weird. "Features" or simply "guests" would be most appropriate for rap :)

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thathonkey posted:

I was just giving you a hard time; "guest star" is typically TV vocabulary for an actor not normally on the show and it sounded a bit weird. "Features" or simply "guests" would be most appropriate for rap :)

I should know that by now due to the amount of rap I'm exposed to. I mean, I live in New Orleans for gently caress's sake :doh:

Guess I just slipped up! Haha

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Kanye's been totally silent on features for the album in general, but it sounds like the new track is produced by Hudson Mohawke.

'Modern Slavery" is, "Onsite" ( the track with the soul sample we've been calling Yeezy season) is confirmed to me someone else

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 00:33 on May 17, 2013

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Justin bonny bear is confirmed noone else is tho

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009

HorseRenoir posted:

I kinda hope all this secrecy holds up as best as it can until the album eventually gets out there. Nobody has any idea what to expect besides of these minute-long videos, and that's pretty cool!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

Oh that is splendid news.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
There's been talk about how Kanye's creative process and plans don't really jibe w/ the 'Kardashian Empire'...

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/2013/05/16/yikes-kim-kardashian-is-furious-at-kanye-west-for-what/

which makes me piss myself with laughter because it always makes be think of the family watching THIS gif. and going, "There's our baby's daddy!"

Azraden
Oct 26, 2010

Ooh - a crevice
Wow I never noticed how incredibly bored those women look.

atrus50 posted:

I am so hyped. :allears:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Dead Snoopy posted:

There's been talk about how Kanye's creative process and plans don't really jibe w/ the 'Kardashian Empire'...

It's like she genuinely doesn't understand people who have to work for a living.

Dubstep Jesus
Jun 27, 2012

by exmarx

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's like she genuinely doesn't understand people who have to work for a living.

Oh, give me a loving break.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

slogsdon posted:

Oh, give me a loving break.

Why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Power Remix was great though despite Swizz

This is a page back but I love Jay-Z's opening line "31st century, futuristic fly poo poo."

Also the beat switch was awesome and Kanye owned over that sample

• Locked thread