Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tokyosexwale
Jan 27, 2008

Mudpuppy posted:

I got pulled kicking and screaming into this game by a friend. Now I can't stand to be away from it.

Same thing. I had a friend who never played before convince me to play again with him now that it's F2P. We just started playing and I'm already hooked.

While we're on the subject, my friend and I rolled on Prophecy of the Five a while before the new thread was made. I see that according to the google doc there are a few goons playing on the Republic side. Do we have a Republic goon guild on Prophecy of the Five? Are there enough active players to warrant one? It would be nice to have some people to hang out and organize with while playing through the Republic side. Plus, my friend is new to MMOs so I think it would a cool experience for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rkikzza
Sep 5, 2007

tokyosexwale posted:

Same thing. I had a friend who never played before convince me to play again with him now that it's F2P. We just started playing and I'm already hooked.

While we're on the subject, my friend and I rolled on Prophecy of the Five a while before the new thread was made. I see that according to the google doc there are a few goons playing on the Republic side. Do we have a Republic goon guild on Prophecy of the Five? Are there enough active players to warrant one? It would be nice to have some people to hang out and organize with while playing through the Republic side. Plus, my friend is new to MMOs so I think it would a cool experience for him.

A guild sort of exists, I just recently came back to playing the game and somehow became the guild leader I assume due to inactivity of everyone else. Right now the "guild" is basically me and a RL friend, though I have seen 1 other goon online in the few weeks I've been back.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rkikzza posted:

A guild sort of exists, I just recently came back to playing the game and somehow became the guild leader I assume due to inactivity of everyone else. Right now the "guild" is basically me and a RL friend, though I have seen 1 other goon online in the few weeks I've been back.

It's the same on Empire side, though picking up - we have a guild with a few goons (The Unguilded), and I have a few friends in the guild, but still rare to see more than 3 people on.

I also have a few Republic characters that aren't in a guild right now, I've tried a few and they've all fizzled out.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Well, my Sage is 55. Guess it's time to go to Coruscant and start his class story...

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
I haven't played since release, so I'll ask: can you cash shop legacy unlocks? I'd be tempted to play this again if I could be a Chiss anything on any faction!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Psyker posted:

I haven't played since release, so I'll ask: can you cash shop legacy unlocks? I'd be tempted to play this again if I could be a Chiss anything on any faction!

Yes.

All of them can be bought.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Psyker posted:

You can buy them with cartel coins (cash shop) or regular credits.

My Chiss Marauder looks sweet.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm disappointed with my space barbie dress up customization. I mostly play Sith (species), and would love to stick some of the Human Customization hairs onto it, but I assume they aren't multi-race.

I wonder how long it will take Bioware to release Sith Customization Hair and Hair Color. I want to have bright pink skin and hair to go with my Pink/Purple dyed armor.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Buy species unlocks off the GTN. You'll get them much cheaper than through the legacy bar.

tokyosexwale
Jan 27, 2008

Rkikzza posted:

What's the guild name, if you don't mind my friend and I joining up. We're still low level and I can't speak to how fast we'll level, but the more the merrier, right?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

McTimmy posted:

Buy species unlocks off the GTN. You'll get them much cheaper than through the legacy bar.
Wished they offered a Human unlock for the Presence bonus.

Rkikzza
Sep 5, 2007

tokyosexwale posted:

What's the guild name, if you don't mind my friend and I joining up. We're still low level and I can't speak to how fast we'll level, but the more the merrier, right?

Guild name is RIP TOR, not the easiest to search for but if you search for Utrom, Karrai, or Kharem I can send you an invite. Even though I'm coming back to the game I've started over completely so leveling slowly is no problem at all!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Medullah posted:

You can buy them with cartel coins (cash shop) or regular credits.

My Chiss Marauder looks sweet.

Miraluka Inquisitor :getin:

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
I'd recommend to everyone that's not a very high level just come join us on Jedi Covenant. That's no Goon (Imp) has 7-12 people on most the day. There's even a few of us who play late into the evening. I've only been back a couple weeks, but there's already been a decent amount of players joining in since.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

All late night PST players come to JC. It gets lonely so I find myself going to The Harbinger to play.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.
OP forgot to mention the absolute best thing about playing a Smuggler: you kick people in the nuts. Everyone. Constantly. It's not even ambiguous and I kinda want to know how they decided on the nut kick noise because I don't even have testicles and it sounds painful.

Sure, Sith Warriors get to shout a crater in the ground and Force Choke a bitch constantly, but me? I giggle when I shoot people in the back of the head with a rifle and sleep with everybody.

Then again, I could never get behind the whole 'saving the galaxy' trope the Force-wielding classes have, because the game is incredibly clear about how the Jedi and Sith endlessly gently caress everything up and it's the normals who have to die terribly/clean up the mess. You never actually save the day/get to be the super villain; you're just cleaning up after other people's mistakes and causing bigger problems in the process. [This is also the entirety of the Imperial Agent story. Hope you like cleaning up Sith poop.] As much as I like playing every loving class, I keep coming back to my Smuggler/Bounty Hunter characters because the Smuggler is so witty and realistic about being forced to find 10 rakghoul asses and the Bounty Hunter just wants to get paid for offing people with a flamethrower. The Trooper is... I wouldn't know. I can't bring myself to have sex with a cat.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Then again, I could never get behind the whole 'saving the galaxy' trope the Force-wielding classes have, because the game is incredibly clear about how the Jedi and Sith endlessly gently caress everything up and it's the normals who have to die terribly/clean up the mess.

It's interesting, I have always been a big fan of force users and heroic stuff. Obi-Wan is my favorite movie character, no question at all. But the more I play TOR and the more EU stuff I look at, the less interested I am in playing a force sensitive exactly because of what you decribed. The galaxy is stuck in a terrible cycle, and every few hundred years as people dare to look up to see if the wars are over, the Sith and Jedi go at each other again, with the non-sensitives caught in the middle.

I still love the Force as a concept, but I don't feel as interested in characters that use it being in my control, right now. Also there's the fact that there are probably 8 force users to every 1 non-user in the game right now, and it feels bloated.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Well, had a few characters all sub level 11 on Shadowlands. Remade them on JC. Will be sending a request from one of them soon.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Bag of Hamsters posted:

. The Trooper is... I wouldn't know. I can't bring myself to have sex with a cat.

Do what I did. Go full dark side and become the craziest cat lady in the galaxy. :black101:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So no one plays on Prophecy of the Five Empire anymore, huh.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I had no issues with the female trooper romance due to the catness.

I had issues with the female trooper romance because I wanted to throw him off a drat cliff.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Thanks for the suggestions for faceroll-y classes. As it turns out, getting a Trooper to level 10 and exterminating anything that crossed my path was cathartic enough that it let me keep going with my Juggernaut. Also I discovered that I had missed the fact that chunks of my eq had broken and were providing no benefit whatsoever. Fixing those helped too :downs:

Can I get an invite to That's No Goon at some point? Juggernaut's name is Acerbis. Sorted. Cheers!

Mode 7 fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 17, 2013

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Fuzz posted:

I do. Taking a hiatus for awhile, though. I'm in a pretty active guild, and we do raids every Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday, but we're not a goon guild or anything.

Orcrez
Apr 11, 2009

Fuzz posted:

For about a week I was the only one in the empire guild so I figured it disbanded so I quit it.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Mind over Matter posted:

It's interesting, I have always been a big fan of force users and heroic stuff. Obi-Wan is my favorite movie character, no question at all. But the more I play TOR and the more EU stuff I look at, the less interested I am in playing a force sensitive exactly because of what you decribed. The galaxy is stuck in a terrible cycle, and every few hundred years as people dare to look up to see if the wars are over, the Sith and Jedi go at each other again, with the non-sensitives caught in the middle.

I still love the Force as a concept, but I don't feel as interested in characters that use it being in my control, right now. Also there's the fact that there are probably 8 force users to every 1 non-user in the game right now, and it feels bloated.

The more I play Star Wars games, the more I feel like Kreia's position that the Force itself is evil and needs to be destroyed is the correct one.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

KittyEmpress posted:

I had no issues with the female trooper romance due to the catness.

I had issues with the female trooper romance because I wanted to throw him off a drat cliff stick him in a sack and drown him.

I'm putting myself through Trooper again, this time as a grumpy cat commando. Somehow, having a perpetual look of irritation on my guy's face makes everything better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Orcrez posted:

For about a week I was the only one in the empire guild so I figured it disbanded so I quit it.

That's why I said we needed to find another guild rather than try and put together a goon guild. :)

ThreeSixZero, which guild? I want to find an active guild on both sides, I don't want to play every night but wouldn't mind getting in a once or twice a week raid group.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
So what new looks have you guys come up with now that we have character recustomization and dyes?

I turned my bounty hunter into an 80's action hero:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Nipponophile posted:

So what new looks have you guys come up with now that we have character recustomization and dyes?

Oh my god

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

That is amazing!!!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Nipponophile posted:

Patch 2.2 - "Blood Dragon."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Nipponophile posted:

Wow dyes really let you improve that look.

I just wish I could play the game. loving TWC; I haven't had internet at home since Monday night and it was spotty then.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Has anyone else had patching problems w/2.1? I've been unable to patch at all (getting stuck while applying Main Assets 116 and then shunted into an endless repair->redownload->fail->repeat loop), even after downloading the client again and reinstalling from scratch.

I'm reinstalling again (downloading it today) because they've upped the patch to 117 and I hope that'll solve whatever the issue was, but it's really, really irritating. Customer Service's responses have basically been the equivalent to "please reboot your machine", and my actual ticket has been kicked up to tier 2 without any response to date.

It's really, really sad that a game that relies on updating content regularly has such a poo poo-tastic patching system.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

I would like to see more pics of creative pretty princesses - feeling a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of catpeople appearing :)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Laradus posted:

I would like to see more pics of creative pretty princesses - feeling a little overwhelmed by the sheer number of catpeople appearing :)

My Sorcerer protests, she is NOT a pretty pretty princess!

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

Medullah posted:

ThreeSixZero, which guild? I want to find an active guild on both sides, I don't want to play every night but wouldn't mind getting in a once or twice a week raid group.

Not The Guild You're Looking For.

I'm not going to lie, you need to be on decent form with your class if you join, because the guild's current intent is to get started on HM Ops (which we're having trouble doing because of the people who aren't on form don't do what they can to get geared up and are just piggybacking on raid nights). You don't really need to be a "hardcore" raider and run as many HM FPs you can within a 23 hour span every day, but they'll expect you to do your part so we can do ours. If you're confident that you know how to play your class fairly well, go ahead and submit an application on the website, put in that Ruusan sent you (or ThreeSixXero. I don't know who handles the apps, but most of the "higher ups" know I have an alternate user), and I'll let the GM know that I recommended us to you.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Do they allow server transfers now between any server? I have a 50 Powertech and Assassin and a 35ish Operative on Prophecy of the Five, and kinda wanna get back into this and finish the Sith Warrior and Agent storylines.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Do they allow server transfers now between any server? I have a 50 Powertech and Assassin and a 35ish Operative on Prophecy of the Five, and kinda wanna get back into this and finish the Sith Warrior and Agent storylines.

Not yet, it's in the next patch.

About a month away.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

CobiWann posted:

My Sorcerer protests, she is NOT a pretty pretty princess!

Is she now a catperson? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

If you're just missing a tiara I think a synthweaver can make one or you can get an orange one from one of the low level planet com vendors.

So uh speaking of dress up, for twileks is there literally anything that goes in the head slot that does not either clip your lekku or make them disappear?

There's the headbands in character creation but iirc they're all kinda dumb.

• Locked thread