Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Been anxiously checking my watch and refreshing kanyewest.com all day. Come on man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Do we definitely know something is coming today?

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
What is that song on the https://www.kanyewest.com homepage, it's kind of terrible, is that the new song?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Spectral Debt posted:

What is that song on the https://www.kanyewest.com homepage, it's kind of terrible, is that the new song?

Pusha T produced by Kanye and it came out in April. Also it is kind of great.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

thathonkey posted:

Been anxiously checking my watch and refreshing kanyewest.com all day. Come on man!

Our best hope is flex at 7

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Yeah, "Numbers on the Boards" owns.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Spectral Debt posted:

Ugh so wrong.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Haha I just noticed Kanye's Twitter account has been completed wiped except for the one tweet (presumably) announcing the album release date:

https://twitter.com/kanyewest

Also he is following just one account... guess who.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
...Aaand he is playing his song at 66 locations tonight with visuals on buildings. Oh Kanye.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

so dope

e: headed out to catch this at 9pm (supposedly). here goes nothin'!

Muck and Mire fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 18, 2013

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
http://youtu.be/sVp1cr8J3q0

"New Slaves" by Kanye West

I can't really tell in the video, but everyone is saying Frank Ocean is in the track near the end.

schweens fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 18, 2013

Drake Bate
Nov 2, 2011

Wario Kart 64 posted:

http://youtu.be/sVp1cr8J3q0

"New Slaves" by Kanye West

I can't really tell in the video, but everyone is saying Frank Ocean is in the track near the end.

drat, that's hot.
But lol at Kanye trying to falsetto.

edit: actually, it does sound more like Frankie O on the second listen

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Not sure about the singing at the end, but everything else sounds great. I hope an official version comes out soon.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Those visuals are loving crazy. Reminds me of when Shoshanna projects herself in the movie theater at the end of Inglorious Basterds. I'd probably be freaked the gently caress out if I was just walking by a building and saw that come on.

Song sounds good, though. I'm sure the studio version sounds way better.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Dammit just post the real single Kanye what happened to GOOD fridays? This gimmick poo poo is annoying.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

thathonkey posted:

Dammit just post the real single Kanye what happened to GOOD fridays? This gimmick poo poo is annoying.

His last album got leaked almost in its entirety, that's what happened. I'm happy he's keeping it close to the vest this time because it means literally every track is gonna blow me away when I listen to it.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
That's pretty awesome. Great track, cool visual, cool release gimmick. I'm all about it.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

scary ghost dog posted:

His last album got leaked almost in its entirety, that's what happened. I'm happy he's keeping it close to the vest this time because it means literally every track is gonna blow me away when I listen to it.

Yeah, I remember MBDTF leaking as an edited version first so it was probably an error of Amazon's that led to it's leak. Remember that Watch the Throne didn't leak and was iTunes exclusive in its early stages of release iirc. I'd expect the same for I Am God or whatever it ends up being titled.

Jam2
Jan 15, 2008

With Energy For Mayhem
Pretty clever releasing this way.

Project it in the real world and make it an event; An actual high-quality copy of the single never has to touch the web.

People still watch the low-quality rips and you do less damage to album sales.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

I went to one of the showings. They had a pickup truck with a projector and a PA system and threw it up on a building downtown. Played it twice through. Maybe 20-30 people there. Really it was an awesome thing with such short notice. Kanye fuckin rules.

HANH

Muck and Mire fucked around with this message at 08:28 on May 18, 2013

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm debating on if I Gould go. It would be at the new Beverly in LA and I am worried about what a pain in the rear end it would be to get there.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

HorseRenoir posted:

Not sure about the singing at the end, but everything else sounds great. I hope an official version comes out soon.

It's justin vernon singing at the end supposedly.

atrus50 fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 18, 2013

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I really liked that. Should have projected it in the Hamptons too.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
Fantastic promotional stunt

I imagine this would be a bit frightening if somebody walked by a more empty projection without knowing who Kanye was, especially given the aggressive nature of the song. The bits where he's just staring off into space are certainly a bit unsettling

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

The_Rob posted:

I'm debating on if I Gould go. It would be at the new Beverly in LA and I am worried about what a pain in the rear end it would be to get there.

It was supposed to be at the Beverly Center, not the New Beverly.

And cops shut them down almost every time in LA :(

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:
Feeling it, hope it's emblematic of the rest of the album. Is this supposed to be what he's debuting on SNL tomorrow? I can't see him self-censoring this joint but I guess we'll see. Usually artists do two tracks on SNL too, will be interesting to see what we get.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

atrus50 posted:

It's justin vernon singing at the end supposedly.

Sounds like it's Frank Ocean.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

NicelyNice posted:

Fantastic promotional stunt

I imagine this would be a bit frightening if somebody walked by a more empty projection without knowing who Kanye was, especially given the aggressive nature of the song. The bits where he's just staring off into space are certainly a bit unsettling

Ha, yeah, it was funny watching people walk by and have no idea or just not care at all about the projections. Also hilariously the projector was across the street from the building so whenever a bus came by the sound got really muffled.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

So when will I be able to listen to a not-lovely version of this? Or is that a mystery?

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

So this is the song sampled at the end. Hungarian classic rock seems way out of left field even for Ye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TgrHXa2kE0

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
The new album is seriously titled Yeezus :laffo:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

:ughh:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No loving way :stare:

:lol:

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
I'm not believing it until official confirmation.

Muck and Mire
Dec 9, 2011

That's so ill

fog licker
Dec 3, 2005

I'm half-machine!

I love this so much.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Where are they getting that from, though? There's not even a "we heard from sources who wish to remain anonymous" line, so I'm calling BS.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Please let it be true :ohdear:

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

this is the best thing ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Please please please let it be the actual title.

• Locked thread