Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

Howard 100 News-flash.

Turnabout is not fair play!
"I PRANK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I found a spectacular new YouTube channel, by the way. TONS of KC, Artie, Billy West, Beetlejuice, etc.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Geekslinger posted:

I can get lost in here all day.

He is like a Glass Joe for trolling. You don't even have to try, he just goes nuts.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Well, that is gonna be a fun button to push.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
How can he use the analog sticks with those tiny lobster hands?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Eric the Vita

Ochowie
Nov 9, 2007

New name Eric the Gamer?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Isn't Eric in San Fran? Maybe he can get on Giantbomb and do a quick look of a Vita game.
It'll weigh in at a measly 3 hours as he takes half an hour just to navigate the menu.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Eric's hands seriously creep me out, they look like something out of horror film

Sasquatch!
Nov 18, 2000

Wasco Jr. posted:

Eric's hands seriously creep me out, they look like something out of horror film
I love Jimmy Kimmel's description that was something to the effect of "Shaking Eric's hand was like squashing a rotten plum."

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Isn't Eric in San Fran? Maybe he can get on Giantbomb and do a quick look of a Vita game.
It'll weigh in at a measly 3 hours as he takes half an hour just to navigate the menu.

I thought he lived in Sacramento and it took 5x the amount of money to move his squid body there via a convertible.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

I thought he lived in Sacramento and it took 5x the amount of money to move his squid body there via a convertible.

You're right. Forgot about the Sacramento Monarchs game and the birth of Zero Point Zero

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Wasco Jr. posted:

When I went to an AGT taping in San Francisco it didn't occur to me that my friend (who doesn't listen) wouldn't find it deplorable that I was poo poo talking Eric the Midget who sat three rows behind us, and later in the same row.

I still feel justified.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

-Atom- posted:

When I went to an AGT taping in San Francisco it didn't occur to me that my friend (who doesn't listen) wouldn't find it deplorable that I was poo poo talking Eric the Midget who sat three rows behind us, and later in the same row.

I still feel justified.

Eric is so great because he is a terrible person; and he's not a terrible person because of his afflictions. He has his afflictions because God knew he'd be a terrible person, and punished him from birth. I don't want to see the amount of selfish he contains inside of a person with an actual physically capable body.

I hope he lives for 200 depressing years, and posts angry messages in mega-caps on ultra-twitter.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

The Human Crouton posted:

Eric is so great because he is a terrible person; and he's not a terrible person because of his afflictions. He has his afflictions because God knew he'd be a terrible person, and punished him from birth. I don't want to see the amount of selfish he contains inside of a person with an actual physically capable body.

I hope he lives for 200 depressing years, and posts angry messages in mega-caps on ultra-twitter.

He's not a terrible person, he's just been acting all these years! :downs:

How did he think anyone would buy that? Oh yeah, a 90 IQ. Thats the same IQ telling him Diana Degarmo wants to be his date to a wedding and hookers are in love with him.

Imagine what Eric's parents went through. If they were ever in studio with Dr. Keith it would be the best radio ever.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

If they were ever in studio with Dr. Keith it would be the best radio ever.

I would sacrifice a pinky finger to make that happen. :vortex:

Mochiloc
Dec 30, 2001
I think they should give Eric a show on Howard 101 where he can read tweets and respond to them live. Because for how great his responses are, imagine hearing them in slow, broken sentences.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I remember the epic struggle that took place trying to get him on a plane with his oxygen tank. Every time I fly, I see at least 2 or 3 people with one so I don't know why he was making it out to be Mission: Impossible or something.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

He's not a terrible person, he's just been acting all these years! :downs:

How did he think anyone would buy that? Oh yeah, a 90 IQ. Thats the same IQ telling him Diana Degarmo wants to be his date to a wedding and hookers are in love with him.

Imagine what Eric's parents went through. If they were ever in studio with Dr. Keith it would be the best radio ever.

I think psychoanalyzing the Midget would be the best radio ever, simply to see how bitter he is about his condition and how delusional he really is. Plus, remember way back when Eric was new to the show and he mentioned that his parents spoke to him about 'the lake house?' I wonder if that was the way they kept him under control: lock him away where nobody would know about him. I have to imagine this behavior is not new, and that he has done a lot of this creeper stuff.

haljordan posted:

I remember the epic struggle that took place trying to get him on a plane with his oxygen tank. Every time I fly, I see at least 2 or 3 people with one so I don't know why he was making it out to be Mission: Impossible or something.

He's lazy and looking for an in for a cash handout.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

remember way back when Eric was new to the show and he mentioned that his parents spoke to him about 'the lake house?' I wonder if that was the way they kept him under control: lock him away where nobody would know about him. I have to imagine this behavior is not new, and that he has done a lot of this creeper stuff.

The best quote about that is when Eric was hesitant to do or talk about something, and his explanation was "My dad says I'm starting to become an embarrassment to the family."

Artie immediately blurted out "STARTING!?!"

Giving Eric the amount of fame and attention he's been given, along with things like Kendra, the acting gigs, the bunny ranch, but only in small doses, and then observing his reaction is one of the grandest social experiments I have ever seen.

I can just see scientists looking through glass commenting on "How the midget responds to this stimuli" and pushing a button connected to a tube out of which comes either a hooker, some money, a slap in the face, a video of women laughing at him, or a drunk caller from Jersey telling him to take his PJ pants and hang himself.

GenoCanSing fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 17, 2013

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

As far as I'm concerned Eric's entire existence was a set-up to when he called in on March 11th to tell everyone it's his birthday to which Artie responded:

"Do your parents refer to this day as 3-11?"

Sleepstupid
Feb 23, 2009
My favorite Artie/Eric moment was back during the whole "get him to fly with balloons" saga and when they were trying to come up with alternate suggestions, Artie said: "Eric, can we mail you somewhere." :roflolmao:

I almost drove my car off the road I was laughing so hard.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I stopped listening to the show 2 or 3 years ago, and I keep thinking I'll resubscribe because I miss it so much. Then I read things like how he's being cyber bullied and all the AGT stuff and his bullshit schedule and, as much as I know you kids can get a little overly dramatic about stuff when it comes to Stern, I know I can never go back, and that makes me sad. I really wish he'd retired when his last contract was up.

I used to be one of the major Positivity Patrol guys in the Stern thread, so it's a weird transition for me to be all "well, that's that, I guess...".

geera
May 20, 2003

DangerDummy! posted:

I stopped listening to the show 2 or 3 years ago, and I keep thinking I'll resubscribe because I miss it so much. Then I read things like how he's being cyber bullied and all the AGT stuff and his bullshit schedule and, as much as I know you kids can get a little overly dramatic about stuff when it comes to Stern, I know I can never go back, and that makes me sad. I really wish he'd retired when his last contract was up.

I used to be one of the major Positivity Patrol guys in the Stern thread, so it's a weird transition for me to be all "well, that's that, I guess...".
For what it's worth, the show hasn't really improved since you stopped listening. This was a pretty good week of interesting interviews with people whose names aren't Joan Rivers or Omarosa, but it was really an anomaly compared to what the show's become since Artie left. Most of the time I don't even bother to continue listening after I get to work, and I usually listen to NPR on Thursdays and Fridays in the car instead of listening to the same bits replayed for the 2nd or 3rd time.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Man, I really wish Satellite Radio had ratings.

Nothing lights a fire under Howard's rear end like ratings. If he could see the (what I assumme) to be massive numbers of people not tuning in to the show anymore, he might start giving a gently caress again.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Stern's still the only thing besides This American Life that consistently holds my attention. I wasn't able to stick with The Artie Show, it feels too disingenuous. This week was great: Jimmy Kimmel, JJ Abrams, Rod Steward, Roger Daltrey, ZZ Top, Rob Corddry, a few good ETM calls, Sal's fixation on the Long Island Psychic and the crew pouring a beer down Richard's rear end in the studio. Sure it's not what it used to be but it's still entertaining for the most part.

I love whenever Howard goes to ETM with a guest, Eric literally asked Rob Corddry "How's it going?".

e: I always remember something I enjoyed right after I hit 'submit'..

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 17, 2013

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

GenoCanSing posted:

Well, that is gonna be a fun button to push.

The art of trolling Eric isn't to push logical buttons, it's to find something completely new and way out of left field that he'll flip out over. Insist that one of his ears is fake. Tell him you loved him in the Garfield movie. Reveal to the world that Eric the Midget is the stage name of an able-bodied lesbian welder from Glendale. Some of the poo poo he's flipped out over makes no sense, yet he CONSTANTLY FEELS THE NEED TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT, DUMB gently caress.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Sleepstupid posted:

My favorite Artie/Eric moment was back during the whole "get him to fly with balloons" saga and when they were trying to come up with alternate suggestions, Artie said: "Eric, can we mail you somewhere." :roflolmao:

The Artie/Eric bit which is mah faaaavvvooorrriiitteee is when Eric was talking about American Idol and he referred to it as 'Idol', and Artie with incredible vitriol in his voice said "What, are you too busy to say 'American' you human being"

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

an adult beverage posted:

Man, I really wish Satellite Radio had ratings.

Nothing lights a fire under Howard's rear end like ratings. If he could see the (what I assumme) to be massive numbers of people not tuning in to the show anymore, he might start giving a gently caress again.

I'm sure that they get some numbers from on demand. Don't know if he'd count those as real or not though.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
Haha, Stern's daughter is loving useless, I would have never have went looking for this poo poo if he didn't cry about being cyber bullied

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/emilystern2

If that was ANY other celebrities child stern would be goofing on this tripe so hard.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Wasco Jr. posted:

Haha, Stern's daughter is loving useless, I would have never have went looking for this poo poo if he didn't cry about being cyber bullied

If that was ANY other celebrities child stern would be goofing on this tripe so hard.

She just bought a CD of sounds to listen to in order to help you sleep, and sang the same song over each of them.

I wish she would have done one with whale noises in the background.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

This is one of my favorite clips where he rips apart Paris Hilton and the whole club poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVujSjECPrc

Bottle service

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Wasco Jr. posted:

This is spectacular, oh my goodness.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

And yet, the Amazon page for her MP3s has NO reviews and NO horrifically insulting tags. Come on, you guys are slacking.

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
It must be driving Howard so crazy, he constantly criticizes anyone who decides to travel or do anything in their twenty's except focus on their career to make as much money as they possibly can. Remember Howard goofing on that guy who was taking a year off to travel the world on his bike? Wanting to travel the world is stupid and a waste of time but this is not

http://imgur.com/JrP6sxc

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Wasco Jr. posted:

It must be driving Howard so crazy, he constantly criticizes anyone who decides to travel or do anything in their twenty's except focus on their career to make as much money as they possibly can. Remember Howard goofing on that guy who was taking a year off to travel the world on his bike? Wanting to travel the world is stupid and a waste of time but this is not

http://imgur.com/JrP6sxc

I like to think she's doing it to drive her father nuts. Good for her. :)

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Wasco Jr. posted:

As someone who holds an actual degree in music, wa-wa-we-wa this is soooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaad. She isn't even in tune. There is no song structure.

OH! I know what this reminds me of!

https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Marissa_Marchant

If you weren't around for when that his SA and Lowtax had a sticky thread about it, you missed out.

Edit: OH MY GOD, click on Love Song to Detmer. Like four seconds in it sounds like Richard Christy getting waxed.

GenoCanSing fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 17, 2013

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Wasco Jr. posted:

Look at the credits:

Vocal Recording by Scott Salem;

edit: And as if on queue, my parrot just said "Baba Booey Fa-fa Fohi"

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 18, 2013

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Joe Don Baker posted:

Look at the credits:

The plot thickens.

And man she looks like a young howard stern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Joe Don Baker posted:

Look at the credits:

Okay, now it's sad and shameful.

And funny. :haw: