Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

quote:

Special Attack:
“S-H-I-T”
Confirmed for Game of the Year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Red Bones posted:

At the risk of you breaking any NDAs, is there going to be... posing?

:ssh:

I'm not going to get into specifics, but let's just say that you guys will greatly enjoy the show for a number of reasons.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Spacedad posted:

:ssh:

I'm not going to get into specifics, but let's just say that you guys will greatly enjoy the show for a number of reasons.

I already love Axe Cop too much and you're just sealin the deal more buddy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Axe Cop gets blood from a posing muscle man on him and becomes Posing Muscle Cop.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Interview with the director of the anime: http://sgcafe.com/2013/05/jojos-bizarre-adventure-whats-charm-interview-director-naokatsu-tsuda/

The most interesting bits to me are when he talks about the music and opening/ending themes.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain to me what "learning" actually means?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I think it's how "intelligent" Stands are supposed to be -- whether or not they need more direction from their users. An example being Star Platinum seeing and drawing the fly.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

The JoJo wiki says "Measures the Stand's possible functions and utilization of its abilities and powers."

So I guess it's like how much of a Stand's potential has been utilized.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Superstring posted:

The JoJo wiki says "Measures the Stand's possible functions and utilization of its abilities and powers."

So I guess it's like how much of a Stand's potential has been utilized.
You can see it when you compare Star Platinum's stats to Star Platinum: The World. The latter has a lower development potential stat since Jotaro's making more use of its abilities and has little potential remaining to be explored.

Cinroth
Dec 11, 2008

Has it never occured
to you that this club
is overpopulated?
At the top, there is only one place!

that page posted:

Situation Finish: In certain stages, you can finish an opponent in a certain way and a special cutscene is triggered. Joseph's fight with Wham is pictured.
Rush Mode: Something similar to Blazing Fist matches.
AND CUSTOMIZE, not only for costumes, you can also change the words and SFX of their victory poses.
At the bottom it says "There will be something special presented next issue. Wait and "wiiin wiiiin"."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Cinroth posted:

At the top, there is only one place!

Also

quote:

Left text near the two smaller pictures:
"LIGHT MODE"
Before Evolution, Kars will manipulate his blades to rip up his opponent.

Text near flying Kars:
After Evolution... Kars seems so divine!

Edit: HOLY poo poo ROHAN IS IN:

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 14:19 on May 15, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I am so looking forward to attacking enemies with squirrels.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I am so looking forward to attacking people with the power of ART!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
New Jojo Abridged short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJiz8Mafmqs

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 15, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I don't know how they'll be able to pull off Rohan's power in the game but i can't help but wait and see. Also is Cars' Ultimate skill going to be Red Stone of Asia? Because it's going to be hilariously broken.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I imagine it will be similar to Gold Experience Requiem where normal Cars' ultimate is transforming, and there will be an interruptible charge-up to balance it out.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Can't wait for Rohan to write "All my moves are -15 frames on startup" in all his opponents.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Man, Rohan could be overpowered against vampires/Pillar Men such as Dio, he could just wrote "I breathe the ripple" and bam.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kurtofan posted:

Man, Rohan could be overpowered against vampires/Pillar Men such as Dio, he could just wrote "I breathe the ripple" and bam.

Rohan can't Heaven's Door himself.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Waffleman_ posted:

No, on them.That way they kill themselves.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 17:53 on May 15, 2013

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

He does in Rohan at the Louvre.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

rodney mullenkamp posted:

He does in Rohan at the Louvre.
Yep. He just can't read his own memories.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I understand some of the dudes with band names would cause some problems, but wouldn't the stands with (half) song titles be fair play? I'm so hoping Namco pulls a one piece and just do a psn only release.

Basically the only time I wanted a fighting game this bad was persona 4 arena.

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 23:56 on May 15, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Jojolion spoilers are out.

Joshuu's and Yasuho's Stands are shown, and Johnny apparently got his head crushed under a rock.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
Aside from Rohan, The ASB scans corroborate more "out there" things from the leaked roster: Specifically, Series 1 Dio. In "story mode", the last boss will be the main villain from your selected character's part. Dunno what they'll do with Jo2uke though.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Johnny apparently got his head crushed under a rock.
:stare:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Tobaccrow posted:

Aside from Rohan, The ASB scans corroborate more "out there" things from the leaked roster: Specifically, Series 1 Dio. In "story mode", the last boss will be the main villain from your selected character's part. Dunno what they'll do with Jo2uke though.

If we really do get the main antagonist from every part, this will be the fighting game with the largest amount of broken characters in the roster. That would make this the perfect successor to the game with the most broken character ever.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Jojolion spoilers are out.

Johnny apparently got his head crushed under a rock.

Man, is any JoJo besides Joseph ever going to die peacefully of natural causes? :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tobaccrow posted:

Specifically, Series 1 Dio.

For god's sake. Is it really that hard to just give Part 3 what this one is missing?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

For god's sake. Is it really that hard to just give Part 3 what this one is missing?

Yes because Part 3 Dio can't use his vampire powers at full power. After Part 7 Dio is confirmed we should have all the Dio we need for this game.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why is more DIO a bad thing? They are adding characters much less suitable for a fighting game than him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Because there's not enough differences between Part 1 and 3 to make him into his own characters. The part 3 game already gave him eye lasers, boxing is literally just giving him some punching normals, and who honestly cares about ice powers?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes because Part 3 Dio can't use his vampire powers at full power.

I have never heard any confirmation about this and even if it is true it's still dumb to try and apply canon to a fighting game to restrict character abilities, especially since the Part 3 game itself gave him eye lasers and Araki actually payed attention to that game. Are you going to cite canon reasons for why they can't give Polnareff a Requiem super in this game if he's not in the wheelchair too, but the Part 3 game literally didn't care and just gave him one anyways?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe it's just a new model for Part 3 Dio that doesn't use The World.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

Because there's not enough differences between Part 1 and 3 to make him into his own characters. The part 3 game already gave him eye lasers, boxing is literally just giving him some punching normals, and who honestly cares about ice powers?

I have never heard any confirmation about this and even if it is true it's still dumb to try and apply canon to a fighting game to restrict character abilities, especially since the Part 3 game itself gave him eye lasers and Araki actually payed attention to that game. Are you going to cite canon reasons for why they can't give Polnareff a Requiem super in this game if he's not in the wheelchair too, but the Part 3 game literally didn't care and just gave him one anyways?

Um he only used the Eye lasers as Shadow Dio in the old game. Which was another Dio Character so your argument is invalid. Part 1 Dio would play very differently as he would not have the world and would have Ice powers. (And I care about the Ice Powers.)

The only way I would find a character slot for Dio wasted is if we had Alt Deigo Brando as a character.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/jojo_s_bizarre_adventure/v022/c210/10.html This is the part about his body being unable to use his vampire powers at full.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Um he only used the Eye lasers as Shadow Dio in the old game. Which was another Dio Character so your argument is invalid. Part 1 Dio would play very differently as he would not have the world and would have Ice powers. (And I care about the Ice Powers.)

The only way I would find a character slot for Dio wasted is if we had Alt Deigo Brando as a character.

No, he had it as his regular version too, go back and look at it. That's not even counting that your point is still proving me right, because Shadow Dio is just Dio up until his reveal, where he still has the laser eyes and his body isn't complete, but that's just another vague term by Araki meaning "I can't let him fight yet, because I'm still figuring out what I want him to do". I don't care how differently Part 1 Dio would play, it's a matter of I want the JoJo style to be represented with better characters than Vanilla Dio and we already have the better version in the game, there's no reason to add the watered down version from the First Story which even Araki doesn't like looking back on it. I'd honestly prefer they do more characters who didn't have a fighting stand like Rohan, because those are the unique characters that they'd have to have to put some style into the combat for, but it's just easier to do mostly dudes that fought and a zinger here and there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sex_Ferguson posted:

No, he had it as his regular version too, go back and look at it. That's not even counting that your point is still proving me right, because Shadow Dio is just Dio up until his reveal, where he still has the laser eyes and his body isn't complete, but that's just another vague term by Araki meaning "I can't let him fight yet, because I'm still figuring out what I want him to do". I don't care how differently Part 1 Dio would play, it's a matter of I want the JoJo style to be represented with better characters than Vanilla Dio and we already have the better version in the game, there's no reason to add the watered down version from the First Story which even Araki doesn't like looking back on it. I'd honestly prefer they do more characters who didn't have a fighting stand like Rohan, because those are the unique characters that they'd have to have to put some style into the combat for, but it's just easier to do mostly dudes that fought and a zinger here and there.

I checked and you are right but the eye lasers are all he has. Still part 1 only has 2 guys right now so a 2nd Dio is better for the game because it will have a different move set to account for lack of the world and Ice powers and to fill the requirement for a part 1 villain. Nothing you say will change that.

Still Part 1 Dio can more or less be considered the Shadow Dio of this game.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

I checked and you are right but the eye lasers are all he has. Still part 1 only has 2 guys right now so a 2nd Dio is better for the game because it will have a different move set to account for lack of the world and Ice powers and to fill the requirement for a part 1 villain. Nothing you say will change that.

Still Part 1 Dio can more or less be considered the Shadow Dio of this game.

My problem isn't a playstyle, I don't have a hard time believing it could easily be different. My problem is I don't want see a second version of the same character even if it is the best villain in the series, unless it's Diego who isn't that much like the main Dio when it's all said and done. His older version's better in about every way and literally the only reason they're probably adding is because "Oh hey, we need a villain for every part because reasons." That being said they have made some really cool choices on the character roster like Rohan, Akira, and Josuke 2. I just wish they wouldn't add characters out of some sort of obligation, I feel that's the worst way to go about making an anime game because it's easily what makes them stagnate quickly like the DBZ and Naruto games.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Why on earth do you care so much? It isn't as though the inclusion of part 1 Dio explicitly prevents some other character from being in the game. Considering the day 1 Kira DLC, it is entirely possible that they will keep adding DLC characters post-release.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I'm of the opinion that the vampire powers, ice and stinger eyes, if kept exclusive to Part 1 Dio while Part 3 Dio focuses on the World and the iconic stuff he did in that series that would be an effective way to have both characters as separate without it feeling as much like a wasted slot.

Regardless, Part 1 Dio is probably in as much just to cash in on the anime's success and draw in the fans who loved the show and DIO especially, but might not have read the manga yet. That's justification enough for me if it helps the game sell better, even if I wasn't of the opinion that it's a good idea for gameplay too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I care about the ice powers too (I always thought that was awesome) and there is a precedent for having two Dios in a fighting game, as seen with Shadow Dios, and honestly Part 1 Dio feels more different to Part 3 Dio than Shadow Dio was.

• Locked thread