Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Nipponophile posted:

So what new looks have you guys come up with now that we have character recustomization and dyes?

I turned my bounty hunter into an 80's action hero:

Would you please, please, please post just exactly what gear you have equipped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Sure! The chest and gloves are Covert Energy from the Cartel packs. Feet are Classic Phantom Boots, also from a Cartel pack. The legs are Tempered Laminoid Greaves, a low level Armormech craftable. The beret is Confiscated Mercenary Headgear from the Republic Makeb reputation vendor. The belt is one of the merc Black Market belts, I forget exactly which. I don't remember the bracers either, but they're not terribly important. The hat and bracers were dyed with Primary Deep Green dye, which is craftable by Artificers, everything else is original color. I dropped some coins to change my body type from 2 to 3 to complete the look. I'm probably going to whip up a similar outfit for my cyborg Vanguard when I get back to playing him.

Thanks for all the positive responses. I'm glad you guys like the look, since it was just something silly I came up with when I thought about what gear the beret would go well with. I went ahead with the shirtless look, and a guildmate pointed out that there were camo pants I could use to top it off. I've been hoarding every piece of moddable gear I come across so that I always have more costumes to play with. At this point, I've probably got three full bank tabs of orange gear on my bounty hunter alone.

Nipponophile fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 18, 2013

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

;-* (Not me)

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Those last two pictures, both the action hero and WW, are by far the best things I've seen done with the dye system so far.

Additionally in reference to that picture, does anyone know any high boots like those or anything similar they can point me to? Especially if they're cheap oranges or even better, something I can add to Collections. I love high boots with pants, but I can only find the drat Outlaw ones that can't duplicated.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 18, 2013

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

ThreeSixXero posted:

Although I like how my Twi'lek came out and wouldn't change her, more options are always good.

I thought the only people who used gear that looked like that were the sad fucks who play a dark side Warrior and put Vette in a metal bikini. :gonk:

Nipponophile posted:

Sure! The chest and gloves are Covert Energy from the Cartel packs.

If that looks bare-chested on dudes, what is it for ladies? Pasties?

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008

WarLocke posted:

I thought the only people who used gear that looked like that were the sad fucks who play a dark side Warrior and put Vette in a metal bikini. :gonk:

You mean goons?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

If that looks bare-chested on dudes, what is it for ladies? Pasties?

It's the default bra, that basically looks like the Jumpsuit items they added recently.

Mind over Matter posted:

Those last two pictures, both the action hero and WW, are by far the best things I've seen done with the dye system so far.

Additionally in reference to that picture, does anyone know any high boots like those or anything similar they can point me to? Especially if they're cheap oranges or even better, something I can add to Collections. I love high boots with pants, but I can only find the drat Outlaw ones that can't duplicated.

Those are the Thana Vesh boots. They're also available as the the Corsec boots. Latter might be Republic only.

Also Smuggler Tionese which is definitely Republic only.

The problem is the rest of the Thana Vesh outfit is super expensive so it won't be easy to add to Collection.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 18, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oops.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Space Jesus flirting is the funniest flirting. SO AWKWARD. People act like they've been slapped in the face. The ladies are always like "Uuuuuuh.... ok that's nice. I just have to go and do this thing now. Over there. Peace." ABSOLUTE REALISM.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Prophecy of the Five goons - I made a Mumble server for us if anyone wants to talk dirty to one another.

PM me for the info if you want it.

ThreeSixXero
Mar 12, 2013

Unprofessional design critic

WarLocke posted:

At least the look I have on my Sorc is a bit more "conservative" than the gear other people use.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Nipponophile posted:

So what new looks have you guys come up with now that we have character recustomization and dyes?

I turned my bounty hunter into an 80's action hero:

I bought the white/red dye because it was the cheapest and realized it my Healer Smuggler's peach coat into a satisfying medic outfit.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Random thought: Now that you can change a character's race with the makeup kiosk thing, if you level (say) a Cyborg to max (and unlock that race in your Legacy) and then pay a few CC to change the character to a Mirialan (or whatever), do you also unlock the second race (since now you have a max-level one)?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

WarLocke posted:

Random thought: Now that you can change a character's race with the makeup kiosk thing, if you level (say) a Cyborg to max (and unlock that race in your Legacy) and then pay a few CC to change the character to a Mirialan (or whatever), do you also unlock the second race (since now you have a max-level one)?

It's a good thought, but a race change is expensive. Even to an already unlocked race it costs something like 750cc for a subscriber. So it's cheaper to just spend the coins on unlocking the race by itself.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

It's the default bra, that basically looks like the Jumpsuit items they added recently.

Those are the Thana Vesh boots. They're also available as the the Corsec boots. Latter might be Republic only.

Also Smuggler Tionese which is definitely Republic only.

The problem is the rest of the Thana Vesh outfit is super expensive so it won't be easy to add to Collection.

You could probably get away with crafted Imperial Agent Battlemaster boots too. I think there are still plenty floating around the market from people who were smarter than me and grabbed all the schematics before BW phased them out. They have roughly the same look, thought possibly a different pattern.

Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008
Vendetta boots look like that as well.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I didn't realize that the collection thing still requires you to buy the item with cartel coins for your alts... Granted it's a lesser amount - from 90-300 depending on the item but, considering it creates a bound copy and that cartel items are worth $5 to vendors, that seems a bit nickel-and-dimey :/

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
No, that's not how it works. After you get something in Collections, you spend Cartel Coins to unlock it for all your alts account-wide. Once you've done that, you can claim as many copies as you want for free on any character.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ok, not as bad as I thought then. Still makes sense to try and collect a given item on an alt that'd use it though.

Edit: if only that alt will make use of it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nipponophile posted:

No, that's not how it works. After you get something in Collections, you spend Cartel Coins to unlock it for all your alts account-wide. Once you've done that, you can claim as many copies as you want for free on any character.

Ah good, I balked at 60 coins for each alt to emote xantha. But I'll gladly pay 60 for all of them to rock out.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
So what's the PvE spec for DPS vanguards? I have a feeling it's hybrid, so probably 7/11/28. Anyone know for sure?

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Thumbtacks posted:

So what's the PvE spec for DPS vanguards? I have a feeling it's hybrid, so probably 7/11/28. Anyone know for sure?
Here you go.

Keep Gut DoT on the enemy, Ion Pulse to 3 stacks of Pulse Generator, use free stockstrike and free high impact bolt as much as possible, pulse cannon on cooldown with 3 stacks. Use incendiary round when ammo management permits.

vvv
Yes, stay in plasma cell. Also you can disagree all you like but you're going to gimp yourself by around 400-600 DPS while doing it in full 72s.

FaintlyQuaint fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 18, 2013

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Here you go.

Keep Gut DoT on the enemy, Ion Pulse to 3 stacks of Pulse Generator, use free stockstrike and free high impact bolt as much as possible, pulse cannon on cooldown with 3 stacks. Use incendiary round when ammo management permits.

Cool. Usually I just use ion pulse to keep the plasma cell dot up. Should I still be in plasma cell? I'd imagine so...

Also, I'm not sure I agree. Going 22 instead of 28 means you miss out on a few key talents in the AS tree.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
So am I the only one not feeling Makeb? There's definitely more story than any other planet, but it loses the wide open feeling of the other planets and you're just shuffled from area to area.

I feel like I want to like it more than I actually do.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I might have to stop doing my daily FP/WZ/space stuff. I got to Nar Shaddaa at level 28 and had the Bonus Series available before doing any of the actual planet story quests! :monocle:

Finally starting to make a little cash (over and above what I spend on missions for biochem crap) and can afford to buy an inv slot unlock from the GTN; don't want to because it would take most of my nest egg.

Can 'Preferred' players mail credits? If not that really crimps people wanting to level alts (no mailing cash to buy legacy perks). On top of the credit cap I think it would be enough annoyance to keep me subscribing even if I had the ingame cash to buy all the other unlocks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I might have to stop doing my daily FP/WZ/space stuff. I got to Nar Shaddaa at level 28 and had the Bonus Series available before doing any of the actual planet story quests! :monocle:

You might actually want to give this a try and see how you like it. I did this with a character, where I did just warzones until I outleveled a planet, and was able to focus entirely on just the story missions for that planet. It was a way better experience in my opinion.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I said come in! posted:

You might actually want to give this a try and see how you like it. I did this with a character, where I did just warzones until I outleveled a planet, and was able to focus entirely on just the story missions for that planet. It was a way better experience in my opinion.

Well, I haven't played this game at all in over a year, this is my first Imperial character (that got past the starting planet) ever, and I've never played the Sith Warrior story; I was kind of planning on taking it relatively slowly and experiencing everything on the way to 55, but doing the dailies seems to consistently overlevel me for everything else.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

WarLocke posted:

Can 'Preferred' players mail credits? If not that really crimps people wanting to level alts (no mailing cash to buy legacy perks). On top of the credit cap I think it would be enough annoyance to keep me subscribing even if I had the ingame cash to buy all the other unlocks.

If I'm remembering right, you cannot. The only thing I'm ~sure~ about is that you're restricted to attaching one item at a time per message, but I think it also cripples the ability to send credits. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though! :ohdear:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Well, I haven't played this game at all in over a year, this is my first Imperial character (that got past the starting planet) ever, and I've never played the Sith Warrior story; I was kind of planning on taking it relatively slowly and experiencing everything on the way to 55, but doing the dailies seems to consistently overlevel me for everything else.

For what it's worth, i've done both factions and it's all virtually the same.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
I see the gree event is coming back. I wasnt around when it was here in the past. Is it worth spending time doing it? The armor looks neat.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Mind over Matter posted:

Tips for dealing with roleplayers without being a complete rear end in a top hat.

1. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Wait, you mean I'm not supposed to gently caress with RPers who don't know how to play the game? That's incredibly boring.

Next you'll tell me that I shouldn't tell people they are terrible in WZs.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I see the gree event is coming back. I wasnt around when it was here in the past. Is it worth spending time doing it? The armor looks neat.

It's a lot of fun, because you're going to be doing the dailies with a group. Unlocking access to the Gree Mothership was pretty neat - it's a rep grind, but it was an enjoyable one.

Place Ad Here
Mar 15, 2005

FaintlyQuaint posted:

Here you go.

vvv
Yes, stay in plasma cell. Also you can disagree all you like but you're going to gimp yourself by around 400-600 DPS while doing it in full 72s.

That is the top dog atm but for a few people it just doesn't feel comfortable. You can still run the full 36 in the right tree and put up decent numbers and the 8/7/28 (think that is right) still works.

8/7/28 - http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree...00100000&ver=20

Place Ad Here fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 19, 2013

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Tezzeract posted:

It's a lot of fun, because you're going to be doing the dailies with a group. Unlocking access to the Gree Mothership was pretty neat - it's a rep grind, but it was an enjoyable one.

Lets not forget main hand legacy weapons! Woohoo!

That's also a huge pull for the Gree event because it allows you to move unneeded or unusable 69's and 72's to the right character via a legacy mainhand. There is no other one of these available (that I know of) in the game.

VonLudwig
Apr 22, 2008

Place Ad Here posted:

That is the top dog atm but for a few people it just doesn't feel comfortable. You can still run the full 36 in the right tree and put up decent numbers and the 8/7/28 (think that is right) still works.

8/7/28 - http://www.swtor-spy.com/skill-tree...00100000&ver=20

Or you could be a real man and run with this

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
I just have one question. Why isn't the thread title "Lokin for Love in Alderaan Places?"

Also moods are hilarious.

nonentity fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 19, 2013

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

I decided to try out the game because hey, F2P and I have no self respect so why not? I make an Imperial agent and start rolling through the newbie zones, and eventually get tired of spamming the key for my basic attack so I ask in chat if there's a way to turn on autofire for the ability. So this happens (my name is Drickson):

:stare:
I should note that I never mentioned WoW, or EA, or game fees, or anything like that. Literally all I said before that chat log starts is "can I set abilities like Rifle Shot to autofire?". Now for all I know Wichid's last message is right and having no autofire makes sense further into the game than level 5 but jeez.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Correct, no auto-fire. They are probably long time veterans to the game that heard this argument non-stop during the early days. Your companion will act as your auto-fire basically.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Bumped into Zangief today on my way to the mailbox.

This patch owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

What is the best method of pimping out my lowbie alts? I hear about stuffing high level mods into legacy stuff but not sure how exactly it works. I think I have legacy headgear/chest/mainhand kits.

• Locked thread